MV Psych Center One Last Effort

MV Psych Center One Last Effort

There are 15 comments on the WUTR story from May 17, 2012, titled MV Psych Center One Last Effort. In it, WUTR reports that:

"Stop turning your backs on us and stop turning your back on our patients." That's the message being sent loud and clear to mental Health Commissioner Michael Hogan from members of the Greater Utica Community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUTR.

Surprised

Long Eddy, NY

#1 Jun 1, 2012
They are turning thier backs in scandal and shame!!!
concerned

United States

#2 Jun 1, 2012
At least we fought the good fight. This is corruption plain and simple and commissioner hogan and governor Cuomo are going to get away with it. All because the only taxpayers who give a crap are in Utica. The rest of the state doesn't seem to mind that they are spending ten times more on Hutchings than they are saving in Utica. That's politics folks. Get used to it and look forward to a lot more.
No one

Baldwinsville, NY

#3 Jun 2, 2012
No one cared when he shuttered our prison in Rome for no reason other than political payback to valesky!

Now you too can learn to suck it up and deal with it. I'm just loving my two hour drive to my new facility I was displaced to. It's just awesome. Get to travel. See the state. The spring flower blossoms were just awesome along the thruway. I would like to thank all the local politicians for accomplishing actually nothing for our area. I can't wait for retirement so I can leave this dump state forever.
concerned

United States

#4 Jun 2, 2012
No one wrote:
No one cared when he shuttered our prison in Rome for no reason other than political payback to valesky!
Now you too can learn to suck it up and deal with it. I'm just loving my two hour drive to my new facility I was displaced to. It's just awesome. Get to travel. See the state. The spring flower blossoms were just awesome along the thruway. I would like to thank all the local politicians for accomplishing actually nothing for our area. I can't wait for retirement so I can leave this dump state forever.
So blame the rest of us for a grudge against valesky. Real mature. Do us all a favor and leave the state now. Why wait for retirement.
Hummmm

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jun 2, 2012
Its just so sad to see the patient leave to a strange place and for the family to have to travel the extra miles to see them. These patients had no say in this manner and just told they were going. What if it was your family? They should be ashamed!!
Peg

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jun 2, 2012
No one wrote:
Whaaaaa. Im mad!! I no likey you becuz you no help me keep my cushy c.o. job!!! There's 3 other prisons in the area but since I don't have seniority I got bumped. Whaaaaaa!!!!!! I don't care that there are no psych centers for another 50 miles but there's 3 prisons within 5 miles. Whaaaaa!! I have to drive now because of SENIORITY. aWhaaaaa!!! Im a c.o.......pay attention to me!!!!! And my house and three cars and my boat and my camp and my 4wheeler and my snow mobiles and my truck and my pool!!!!! Whaaaaa!!!!!
Convict

Baldwinsville, NY

#7 Jun 3, 2012
It's always nice to see that former convicts have Internet service. Prob state paid for along with the cell phone and benefits cards for your Oreo cookie kids and white baby momma. Congrats and thanks for the childish tirade above.
hmmm

United States

#8 Jun 3, 2012
God forbid that anybody earns a decent living or actually OWNS something around here. The minute you improve your income, make home improvements or buy something, there's a mob around, ready to tear you down for the crime of getting ahead. The same people rip new businesses and celebrate when others fail.

Is it any wonder that the area stays depressed? Nobody wants it to get better for anybody.
Tax payer

Baldwinsville, NY

#9 Jun 3, 2012
Where are our rights to stop this spending madness.
Linda

Utica, NY

#10 Jun 3, 2012
No one wrote:
I would really suggest moving!
state worker

New York, NY

#11 Jun 3, 2012
the whole thing smells of corruption, and mvpc third floor staff as well as some of the others that work there are nothing but corrupt people. i would love to name some of the people that work there that are nothing but back stabbing cowards.
careful

Bradford, VT

#12 Jun 4, 2012
state worker wrote:
the whole thing smells of corruption, and mvpc third floor staff as well as some of the others that work there are nothing but corrupt people. i would love to name some of the people that work there that are nothing but back stabbing cowards.
Make sure you have it right if you do start throwing names out there. Base it on fact not opinion. Plus, if you're going to name names start with your own.
double standard

Bradford, VT

#13 Jun 4, 2012
Convict wrote:
It's always nice to see that former convicts have Internet service. Prob state paid for along with the cell phone and benefits cards for your Oreo cookie kids and white baby momma. Congrats and thanks for the childish tirade above.
So the tirade by the displaced c.o. was ok? Is it mature to wish misfortune on others just because you experienced it too? How about c.o.s display some maturity and humility for a change?
Lemme Tseese

Baldwinsville, NY

#14 Jun 6, 2012
Surprised wrote:
They are turning thier backs in scandal and shame!!!
Is Joe Griffo helping to keep these jobs here? The only time I see him on TV is when its time to run for office or when he is handing out a medal for somebody.
It is cold outside

Baldwinsville, NY

#15 Jun 7, 2012
Joe hasn't helped this area
Since he was mayor of that dump called Rome.

Good luck to
You all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Schumer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Saudi Loophole Schumer behind Senate bill that ... 2 hr SirPrize 8
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) 6 hr true independent 20
News Pope insists pedophile criminals be 'severely' ... May 19 Three Days 9R 5
News NY senator: Put more dogs on the airport securi... May 16 Hostis Publicus 1
News Schumer: Equalize Medicaid for developmentallya May 16 josephbarkley 13
News Schumer: Probe billboards using phone data to t... May 3 okimar 7
News NY senator: 'Spying billboards' may violate pri... May 2 Three Days 1
More from around the web