Internet sales tax embraced by no-tax...

Internet sales tax embraced by no-tax Republicans

There are 13 comments on the WBTV story from Apr 25, 2013, titled Internet sales tax embraced by no-tax Republicans. In it, WBTV reports that:

You don't see this very often: a majority of Senate Republicans voting to make people who buy stuff on the Internet pay state and local sales taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBTV.

Ice Pick Justice

Woodbridge, VA

#1 Apr 25, 2013
This is good news, I buy too much stuff both online and off, this will serve as an impetus to slow down my spending and save more.
Robert

Lithia Springs, GA

#2 Apr 25, 2013
People will just buy things from small online vendors who fall under the 1 million a year mark.

The scary part is that if you run a business there are thousands of jurisdictions who can audit your business now if they think you did not pay the right amount.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#3 Apr 25, 2013
If it's like obamacare union workers and liberals can ask for a waiver. It goes without saying that congress and federal employees will be exempt from this new tax. I haven’t seen the final bill, but according to Obama, only those making over $250K will have to pay it.

"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes." Barack Obama.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4 Apr 25, 2013
This is the reason I always say that the GOP is healthy for Americans. Without fail, at some point most people simply have to turn and walk away. All that walking is good exercise!
Gravediggers

Boynton Beach, FL

#6 Apr 25, 2013
DEMOCRATS are TAXERS

Republicans tax but they also want to REDUCE TAX RATES, something DemoNcRats don't want to do.

Democrats JUST seek to tax, tax, tax with NO BREAKS for the people who work and PAY Taxes.(Hell, the people who do not pay taxes don't care.)

NO to ALL Democrats in 2014-take back the Senate, RETAIN the House

and stop Hillary Clinton in her run for the Presidency in 2016.

If she can't own up to the Benghazi deaths on HER WATCH, then she'd be a LYING MESS in the White House as President.

Hillary Clinton has become her husband. Lie so you won't be responsible.

Remember that immortal line of Bill's:

"...depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.."

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true." Bill Clinton

We don't need more liars in the White House.

OWN UP, OWN UP! no more lies to the people, no more trying to get out of personal responsibility for any actions.

What the hell are we teaching our youth with such lying thieves.

OWN UP! Have some character, accept responsibility!
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Apr 25, 2013
Considering that these are state and local city/county taxes, what are the feds sticking their noses in there for ?
BandMaster

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#8 Apr 25, 2013
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm Obamaman, yeah, I'm Obamaman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm Obamaman, yeah I'm Obamaman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Apr 25, 2013
Typical politicians. States are hurting because of the Dubya years and his "tax-cuts" and spending, which leaves most states scrambling for funds and a way to make up for the shortfalls.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10 Apr 25, 2013
lolol wrote:
Considering that these are state and local city/county taxes, what are the feds sticking their noses in there for ?
==========
Well the Feds are keeping more and more of state payments causing states to be in financial jams, so this is a way to help the states generate funds to compensate for their getting less back from the Feds. Tax-cuts translate to more cost for all states and thus the citizens.
Ice Pick Justice

Woodbridge, VA

#11 Apr 25, 2013
People will buy online stuff from sales tax free states correct? Possibly causing business to relocate

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#12 Apr 25, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
Typical politicians. States are hurting because of the Dubya years and his "tax-cuts" and spending, which leaves most states scrambling for funds and a way to make up for the shortfalls.
W's state has an 8 billion surplus for next year.....what the hell happend to yours??? LMAO

States that are scrambling made too many poor decisions even before Bush entered politics...California is busted, cities filling for bankruptcy, business leaving, pro atheltes leaving....based their massive salaries and retirements years ago on the dot.com industry which busted in 2001 due to chinese pirating and slicked willies sending tech to China and other countries. Same thing slicks "surplus" was based on . Never came in, never materialized. "Uh, it was Bush's fault!" Hilarious.

Bush' tax cuts were extended by obama twice, economics experts say that kept the recession caused by the housing crunch from getting deeper..

You need to try some new material, boy. Your re-runs have worn out.

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#13 Apr 25, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Well the Feds are keeping more and more of state payments causing states to be in financial jams, so this is a way to help the states generate funds to compensate for their getting less back from the Feds. Tax-cuts translate to more cost for all states and thus the citizens.
Low taxes mean more businesses paying those taxes...end result more income for governments.

Due to hight taxes, California is losing their tax base. Do you know how many taxpayers will support this ladies retirement?? Do you think she even cares?? No. she's a democrat.

Alameda County, CA – County supervisor Susan Muranishi did not win the lottery but is still making many Californians both envious and angry. The 63-year-old public employee will garner a $423,664 per year pension when she retires. Muranishi has worked for the county for 38 years

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#14 Apr 25, 2013
Ice Pick Justice wrote:
People will buy online stuff from sales tax free states correct? Possibly causing business to relocate
People buying without taxes? That's just wrong. We need a federal sales tax, say 9%. That will allow us to keep sending money to every Muslim country on earth, and, buy more of those little shrimp treadmills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bob Corker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Corker Reaffirms That He Will Not Seek Re-Elect... Tue Bobby 4
News Bob Corker offers lukewarm praise for Marsha Bl... Mon mr gleeble 1
News Trump backs Marsha Blackburn in Tennessee Gop U... Apr 19 Cath League of Du... 1
News Three Incumbents Unopposed at August Primary Ba... Apr 8 Robert 1
News Trump signs $1.3 trillion budget after threaten... Apr 5 Let Freedom Ring 51
News Phil Bredesen would be one of the richest membe... Apr 4 Joseph DeDominicis 1
News News Congress OKs $1.3 trillion budget, avertin... Mar '18 Hostis Publicus 4