Corporate America voices frustration ...

Corporate America voices frustration on fiscal cliff deal

There are 9 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Corporate America voices frustration on fiscal cliff deal. In it, Reuters reports that:

U.S. executives largely panned the congressional deal to steer America away from the "fiscal cliff," saying Washington wasted an opportunity to address the nation's long-term debt, but said they would continue to agitate for a better budget plan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#1 Jan 2, 2013
Meanwhile all the holdings of the CEO's shoot up with the DOW along with the valuation of DOW Companies.

Total contradiction of the angle or Rueters.

All U.S. businesses wanted is a deal, period....now they do wish any deal is more long term, but the Boehner and the Repub led House can't get their crap together due to GOP infighting.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#2 Jan 2, 2013
They'll have a few months to agitate for the US not defaulting on T-bills.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#3 Jan 2, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
They'll have a few months to agitate for the US not defaulting on T-bills.
Repubs won't listen. They still think it's viable bargining chip, even though it has nothing to do with debt....it's totally about paying the Bills that Congress has already created.
Lepor

Ames, IA

#4 Jan 2, 2013
Well now that corporate America has spoken, COngress will listen.
Screwing me and you out of an extra $1500 a year isn't a big deal, but upping per unit costs on Chinese imports with American Corporate logos on them by $0.004 simply not be tolerated.

Taxation without representation.
Didn't we get all pissed off about that 'round 200 something years ago?
Do you really feel like some one in congress is actually representing YOU?

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#6 Jan 2, 2013
Lepor wrote:
Well now that corporate America has spoken, COngress will listen.
Screwing me and you out of an extra $1500 a year isn't a big deal, but upping per unit costs on Chinese imports with American Corporate logos on them by $0.004 simply not be tolerated.
Taxation without representation.
Didn't we get all pissed off about that 'round 200 something years ago?
Do you really feel like some one in congress is actually representing YOU?
I do.

But then I didn't support liars like Paul Ryan who told you he was a fiscal hawk during his campaign for VP, when we were telling you he's always voted for spending items Repubs put on the table.

Don't you remember his "I was being a team player comment".

Fool me once, ok. Fool me over and over again and I'm a repub sheep who believes what FauxNews is pushing at any given moment.

And America spoke when votes for Pres and polls show they were okay with raising tax on the top 1.8% of Americans.
Lepor

Ames, IA

#8 Jan 2, 2013
Josh Green wrote:
Cut spending a-holes!
Brilliant idea.
So how do we cut spending? I know...firing people. Is there another way? Nope. When we quit giving out free money to poor people, we have to fire the people who pass it out to them. When we cut one of those bloated departments, the excess fat is always employees. So every cut, all of them, all the time, result in layoffs.
But then what do those ex-employees have to do? Get unemployment, maybe food stamps.
So how do we cut spending ?
Seems like a never ending cycle.

These precious rich folk are learning that we unsuccessful Americans don't always fully appreciate the glory of the wealthy, so theye are reluctant to invest in America because they are not properly worshiped as "creators"

But it's OK that 80% of American dollars are in the hands of 50 other countries and a handful of Americans. Because these people earned that money. It's theirs, and if they want to keep it out of our economy to satisfy their own greed who are we to tell them anything about it. Remember we're not successful enough. IF we were more successful we would not have to worry about money, we would be rich. But because we are lazy failures we cannot expect the rich to step off of their piles of hidden cash just because you want to get a job or feed your kids.
Your Ex

United States

#9 Jan 3, 2013
Poor Corporate America!
Such a shame if they had to further reduce payrolls to meet the demands of
Multi-million $$$$
Bonuses,,,
Bringmedinner

Dallas, TX

#10 Jan 3, 2013
If Republicans had accepted the Obama gambit of raising taxes on EVERYONE, they would have been blamed by Obama and the media. Republicans introduced the tax bill in May of 2011, which the Senate Democrats altered and sent back to the House on 12/31. Republicans were willing to raise tax rates on those with NON-INVESTMENT income exceeding $450 Million to achieve no increases on the vast majority of Americans and PERMANENCE of the current Code. Buffet will continue paying at a lesser rate than his secretary. Hollywood Leftists will still get their special treatments, even as they push to raise your taxes. This agreement takes the bargaining gambit out of Obama's hands in regard to efforts at reducing spending. Obama's Eighteenth Century paternalism of this is good "because I said so" has been taken from him. The spending issue must still be addressed; the budget issue is still to be addressed. It will be addressed in future Republican bills sent to the Democrat Senate, likely in the next three months. Then, we shall see more clearly the irresponsible nature of Communists in the Senate and guiding the boyish destroyer playing "papa."

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#11 Jan 3, 2013
they should have allowed the sequester to go into effect.
what a waste.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bob Corker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Corker Applauds Unanimous Supreme Court Ruling ... (Jul '14) Dec 6 Cam Weber 7
News Trump faces pushback from base, allies over Rom... Dec 6 Absentee Ballot 9
News Trump charges, without evidence, millions voted... Dec 1 Trumps 2nd Homewr... 71
News Trump summons Romney for 2nd look as staffers s... Nov 30 Your Ex 3
News Yellen set to move closer to confirmation as ne... (Nov '13) Nov 17 swedenforever 8
News Wells Fargo claws back part of CEO, other execu... Sep '16 Hostis Publicus 8
News Peppered with questions, Wells Fargo CEO seemed... Sep '16 spocko 48
More from around the web