2 Capitol plaques a tribute to slaves

2 Capitol plaques a tribute to slaves

There are 4 comments on the Arkansas Online story from Jun 17, 2010, titled 2 Capitol plaques a tribute to slaves. In it, Arkansas Online reports that:

Sarah Jean Davidson and Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., a veteran of the civil-rights movement, unveil plaques Wednesday commemorating slaves who helped construct the U.S. Capitol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arkansas Online.

“Just Some Yankee!”

Since: Jun 10

LR via Baltimore, MD

#3 Jun 18, 2010
Another person trying to start a flame war.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jun 18, 2010
I thought they would have left a hoe,a cotton sack, and a good mule, as tribute!
Mondo Apo

San Jose, CA

#5 Jun 18, 2010
They were certainly less troublesome when they were slaves, if not ultimately useless.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jun 18, 2010
Mondo Apo wrote:
They were certainly less troublesome when they were slaves, if not ultimately useless.
Yep, that's why we call them antique farm equipment!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanche Lincoln Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans now have every congressional seat f... (Nov '14) Nov '14 squeezers 1
News NYT: Democrats Using Ferguson Shooting To Mobil... (Sep '14) Sep '14 boo ya 3
News Don't call Mark Pryor the 'Blanche Lincoln of 2... (Apr '14) Apr '14 conservative crapola 5
News Anti-Obama mood hurts Dems in Arkansas Senate race (Jan '14) Jan '14 boo ya 23
News Think Tank Releasing Rival Bangladesh Safety Ac... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Sheik Yerbouti 2
News Postal service removes "IN GOD WE TRUST" Senato... (May '08) Jun '13 Harry 27
News Ex-Democratic Senator Working for Regulation Foes (Sep '12) Sep '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
More from around the web