Health overhaul may lead to free birth control

Full story: El Paso Times
In this May 28, 1999 file photo, a new birth control pill container designed to look like a woman's makeup compact for Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical Inc., of Raritan, N.J., is displayed at the manufacturer's assembly line. Full Story
Bird

Grand Junction, CO

#1 Oct 31, 2010
Better pregnancy prevention than the alternative, murder! But why is it the taxpayers that must pay for someones personal responsibility?
RocketScientist

United States

#2 Oct 31, 2010
If the taxpayer pays for foodstamps and public housing for women with children, this is an obvious cheaper alternative. Perhaps with wide use we can start phasing these programs out as no one should be getting pregnant unless they have the means to provide for them....
Responsibility

South San Francisco, CA

#3 Oct 31, 2010
Bird wrote:
Better pregnancy prevention than the alternative, murder! But why is it the taxpayers that must pay for someones personal responsibility?
On that level, should I pay for socialized education when my children did not use socialized education?
MitchS

Mississauga, Canada

#4 Oct 31, 2010
I am a huge proponent of free birth control. Pills that is, you can get free condoms a lot of places. http://wellnessinthenow.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbara Mikulski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congress reaches spending deal Dec '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Congress reaches deal to avoid shutdown Dec '14 Mykro 35
Congress returns to work to do the bare minimum (Apr '14) Jul '14 swedenforever 15
Senate to consider massive spending bill _ maybe (Jun '14) Jun '14 the Light 1
Officials under fire for dumping illegal immigr... (May '14) Jun '14 Cuauhtemotzin 61
Officials blast ICE for dumping overflow of ill... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Amigo 1
After complaints, Social Security stops having ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 WE PORK HICKS 3
More from around the web