Health overhaul may lead to free birt...

Health overhaul may lead to free birth control

There are 4 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 31, 2010, titled Health overhaul may lead to free birth control. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

In this May 28, 1999 file photo, a new birth control pill container designed to look like a woman's makeup compact for Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical Inc., of Raritan, N.J., is displayed at the manufacturer's assembly line.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Bird

Jackson, WY

#1 Oct 31, 2010
Better pregnancy prevention than the alternative, murder! But why is it the taxpayers that must pay for someones personal responsibility?
RocketScientist

United States

#2 Oct 31, 2010
If the taxpayer pays for foodstamps and public housing for women with children, this is an obvious cheaper alternative. Perhaps with wide use we can start phasing these programs out as no one should be getting pregnant unless they have the means to provide for them....
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#3 Oct 31, 2010
Bird wrote:
Better pregnancy prevention than the alternative, murder! But why is it the taxpayers that must pay for someones personal responsibility?
On that level, should I pay for socialized education when my children did not use socialized education?
MitchS

Canada

#4 Oct 31, 2010
I am a huge proponent of free birth control. Pills that is, you can get free condoms a lot of places. http://wellnessinthenow.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbara Mikulski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama wants $1.9B to fight Zika: Where does it ... Apr 29 charlie foxtrot 4
News Democrats look for political advantage on Equal... Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 59
News Democrats Look for Political Advantage on Equal... Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Denying Housing Over Criminal Record May Be Dis... Apr '16 Mitt s Airtight D... 1
News Oa Malley drops out of Democratic race for pres... Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Attorney General Lynch meets Gray family in Bal... (May '15) Dec '15 Freddie Gray Para... 4
News Obama honors Streisand, Spielberg, Yogi Berra a... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Le Jimbo 25
More from around the web