Senate approves tax break for new car...

Senate approves tax break for new car buyers

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 3, 2009, titled Senate approves tax break for new car buyers. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Senate voted Tuesday to give a tax break to new car buyers, setting aside bipartisan concerns over the size of an economic stimulus bill with a price tag approaching $900 billion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

apocalypse soon

East Northport, NY

#1 Feb 3, 2009
Obama appointees and nominees take all their tax breaks up front.

Rocky Point, NY

#2 Feb 3, 2009
I thought we already gave the auto industry billions of buck$. Now we're giving them more?(in a way, it is).

New York, NY

#3 Feb 3, 2009
Just more BS and nothing for those keeping things together.

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Feb 5, 2009
America is finished as a world power. Since when do we have to pay Americans to buy American.

All of these so-called pro-America republicans drive foreign cars and are willing to let the Industry collapse while taking everybody with it.

All this talk of a stimuls, I won't work but I do think Obama has no choice. People do not realize that is WWII that brought us out of the great depression, and nothing short of another world war will help us this time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbara Mikulski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama honors Streisand, Spielberg, Yogi Berra a... Fri Le Jimbo 29
News Attorney General Lynch meets Gray family in Bal... (May '15) Nov 25 facts 3
News Ryan fires shutdown warning shot at White House Nov 12 spud 169
News September scramble looms for Congress Sep '15 Le Jimbo 4
News White House encouraged by latest Senate support... Sep '15 Le Jimbo 3
News VA planning to open clinic in Montgomery County Sep '15 Nicole 1
News 'Almost Any Deal Is Better': Iran Nuclear Deal ... Sep '15 Nicole 2
More from around the web