Illinois moves to grant drivers licenses to illegal immigrants

Dec 4, 2012 Full story: Reuters 73

Illinois took a major step on Tuesday toward granting drivers licenses to illegal immigrants, which would make it the most populous U.S. state to allow undocumented migrants to legally drive.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#1 Dec 4, 2012
That's great. Then they can get to their jobs when they are hired by criminals who should be jailed.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 4, 2012
u min hai ken draib mai buik

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Dec 4, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
That's great. Then they can get to their jobs when they are hired by criminals who should be jailed.
Keep in mind, most of the 460,000 illegals in Illinois are in the Greater Chicago area, the most corrupt city in America, a Democrat stronghold for generations.

“We have 545 traitors.”

Since: May 11

Parts Unknown

#4 Dec 4, 2012
Unbelievable. I give this country ten years at best. We will soon be no better than the countries those illegals came from.
goose

Wheaton, IL

#5 Dec 4, 2012
Blern; that IS the Obama hope and change!
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#6 Dec 4, 2012
Ill. has always been a Sanctuary city for crimes and murders. Let the Mexicans live in the bigger shit hole than California. Ten murders a day in Chicago. And a war, warming up against Mexicans from Blacks.....

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#7 Dec 4, 2012
Phew! What a relief.

Preventing illegal immigrants from getting driver''s licenses was a big problem.
The illegal immigrants will certainly rush as fast as possible (without driving, of course) to get their licenses so they can be mobile. Ans, with that driver's license, they will now be able to ride an airplane. Imagine the joy in their hearts realizing that they will no longer be confined to their neighborhood; that they will be mobile!

Wait!

How'd they get here?

“Liberalism”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Dec 4, 2012
For economy development-democracy-human rights-personal freedoms, immigration need be free.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#11 Dec 4, 2012
My question is, what do the car insurance companies have to say about this? They will be paying more claims because of the DUI accidents.

BTW, none of these licenses will be able to board any FAA aircraft because they won't be Real ID licenses.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#12 Dec 4, 2012
SirPrize wrote:
Phew! What a relief.
Preventing illegal immigrants from getting driver''s licenses was a big problem.
The illegal immigrants will certainly rush as fast as possible (without driving, of course) to get their licenses so they can be mobile. Ans, with that driver's license, they will now be able to ride an airplane. Imagine the joy in their hearts realizing that they will no longer be confined to their neighborhood; that they will be mobile!
Wait!
How'd they get here?
No boarding a FAA aircraft without a Real ID driver license or state Real ID card. Real ID law kicks in Jan 15th 2013. So they won't be flying anywhere, take the bus, that still gets inspected by the border patrol.

"What documents do I need to bring with me when I apply for a REAL ID compliant license or ID card?

For Non-Citizens:

Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card I-551 for Lawful Permanent Residents
Valid Passport for non-immigrants except for asylum applicants and refugees
Other government issued document showing your full name
Department of Homeland Security document showing proof of lawful presence
If your name has changed by marriage/divorce, you must have your name changed on your Citizen and Immigration Services (CIS) documents."
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#13 Dec 4, 2012
Bad idea.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#14 Dec 5, 2012
Well, the President ignores our laws and the constitution, why should his home state.
SelkAndy

Clayton, NC

#15 Dec 5, 2012
I watched for a whole day in a Califonia courtroom as one illegal after another was there on charges of driving without a license or insurance. The Judge offered penalty?????$25 fine or 3 days in Jail with a warm bed and hot food. Guess which one every single one of them chose...the 3 days. Then right back out driving the same vehicle that they were 3 days earlier. The only things a license changes are fooling those who know no better into thinking that they are legal and being able to prove to the package store employee and or bartender that they are actually 21.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Dec 5, 2012
Since illegals are going to drive no matter what, I'd rather they at least be able to get a license and have some familiarity with the rules of the road.

Hopefully they will also have to carry auto insurance as well.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#17 Dec 5, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Since illegals are going to drive no matter what, I'd rather they at least be able to get a license and have some familiarity with the rules of the road.
Good luck with that. They won't get a license or insurance. They've lived under the radar and never taken responsibility for their action so far. If allowed, they won't bother, nor would they identify themselves to the Federal Government for anything. They are here to take, take, take.
BE REAL

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#18 Dec 5, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Ask New Mexico about how well that worked out there.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#19 Dec 5, 2012
NO illegal alien should have legal privileges in this country. PERIOD.

Human rights is one thing, I'm not advocating kicking them out of emergency rooms or their kids out of schools, but they do NOT have a 'right' to drive a car and have legal ID - which they could then parley into a host of other amenities.

Not acceptable.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#20 Dec 5, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Well, the President ignores our laws and the constitution, why should his home state.
Obama Derangement Syndrome strikes again.
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#21 Dec 5, 2012
If it is illegal to enter a country without documentation, it should likewise be illegal for a state to grant anything more than DEPORTATION DOCUMENTS to that illegal immigrant.
Justin

United States

#22 Dec 5, 2012
Well, they should at least be required to pass the DMV exam and have proof of insurance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min LibTards Unite 1,110,334
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Learn to Read 178,145
West Plains billboard depicts Obama wearing a t... (Oct '08) 2 hr tim 1,021
No boost yet for Dems from fight with extremists 19 hr Obama Bad 5
Chicago, rest of Illinois split over using tax ... Sep 18 Lifelong 1
Video of lawmaker tirade resurfaces in House race Sep 17 Obama Bad 5
Obama Takes Center Stage In Kentucky's Senate Race Sep 17 Zeppelin 1
•••

Barack Obama People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••