Palin: Wisconsin Gov. Walker 'did the...

Palin: Wisconsin Gov. Walker 'did the right thing' with union law

There are 188 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 16, 2011, titled Palin: Wisconsin Gov. Walker 'did the right thing' with union law. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Sarah Palin defended Wisconsin's governor at a tea party tax day rally Saturday, telling hundreds of supporters that his polarizing union-rights law is designed to save public jobs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Continence

Cold Spring, MN

#1 Apr 16, 2011
How does this article end?

"Tim Wersland, 44, an iron worker from Stoughton, Wis., shook his head as the rally broke up.

"I can't believe these people are for real," he said of the tea partyers. "(Palin) is ill-informed. She's biased."

The shock I tell you...Mrs Palin is biased?....Say it isn't so!

We are all blessed that unbiased folks like Mr J. Jackson, The "Fleeting Democrats", SEIU, AFSME, and the Union Corporations are around to make it "fair".

Also, it is refreshing that the article featured the views of Tea Party supporters in the article, since the point of the article appeared to be Mrs Palin's attendance.

Gee, I wonder where the SPPP stands on the Tea Party?
Report Truthfully

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Apr 16, 2011
The law does not effectively reduce employer compensation by 8%, It increased their contribution % by 8 % to a total of 12%. Most employees in the Private sector pay a minimum of 25% of the cost of their health care and many pay more. Reporting such information incorrectly is only adding to the problem. People need to understand that in our tough economy some things will have to fundamentally change in order for the downward slide of the economy to stop and a renewed growth to begin. A renewed growth that is sustainable is the only way out of the current mess we are in.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Apr 16, 2011
Why is there no reporting on the "only one person was arrested, for Disorderly Conduct Saturday?"
Mike

Winona, MN

#4 Apr 16, 2011
Dear, Ms. Palin.

Regarding you comments that Governor Walker is just saving public sector jobs by his union busting bill.

#1. I loath people who piss on me and call it a sweet
rain.
#2. I have nothing but contempt for people who piss
on me, call it a sweet rain and then insist that
I agree with them.

Political fortunes change as does the balance of power in government. All Governor Walker has succeeded in accomplishing is estranging public sector employee's from their employer. It will not work out well for either side.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kidding

Elk River, MN

#5 Apr 16, 2011
Why don't you people get off the Palin crap, nobody cares. Why not dig into Obama's past a little bit, there's probably a story we all would like to here there. The press is so f'ed now days. Troups of reporters crammed Alaska in an effort to dig up crap on Palin yet left Biden entirely alone. There's isn't a day that goes by where the left nut jobs in the media don't have a negative story on Palin or Bachman, it's getting f'en.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Apr 16, 2011
Mike wrote:
Dear, Ms. Palin.
Regarding you comments that Governor Walker is just saving public sector jobs by his union busting bill.
#1. I loath people who **** on me and call it a sweet
rain.
#2. I have nothing but contempt for people who ****
on me, call it a sweet rain and then insist that
I agree with them.
Political fortunes change as does the balance of power in government. All Governor Walker has succeeded in accomplishing is estranging public sector employee's from their employer. It will not work out well for either side.
Aside of your crass and vulger imagery you're empty-headed. Governor Walker united the majority of Wisconsin voters. Last week, those same voters reelected Justice Prosser. Elections have consequences and your side lost. Suffer BH!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
max

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Apr 16, 2011
Palin supporting Walkers actions at a tea bagger rally.

What a peckerwood circle jerk. Do these idiots have any common sense?
after midnight

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Apr 16, 2011
Freedom Lover wrote:
Why is there no reporting on the "only one person was arrested, for Disorderly Conduct Saturday?"
Palin was arrested? or was it Walker? You metioned disorderely conduct, so I thought.....
TheShoeFits

Maple Grove, MN

#10 Apr 17, 2011
You would think that Tea Baggers were from another planet the way they get news coverage......
Bill Blizzard

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Apr 17, 2011
Which side are you on, boys?

Which side are you on?

Down in Madison town,

You'll be a union man,

Or a thug for Walker there.
Sugaree

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Apr 17, 2011
Palin's right of course. government unions = government corruption.
we can no longer afford government corruption. therefore we can no longer afford the democrat party, the party of corruption. it's that simple.
xyz

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Apr 17, 2011
Run Sara Run (Obama needs the help).
Pat

United States

#14 Apr 17, 2011
Palin will support any right wing extremist who will get her back into the spot light. What she has to say about any political issue is not news worthy or interesting. She continues to echo the same old free market drum beat that got us into the economic mess we are climbing out of still today.

Remember folks, it was not big government and over regulation that drove us into the great recession, it was free market trading and lax oversight. Unions, government or otherwise, had nothing to do with the plethora of bad decisions that drove our housing market over the brink. It was private bankers and free market capitalists who took the world into recession. It was the Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 that have driven our Federal budget to the huge deficits we have today.

We need to raise taxes and start paying for our wars. A "patriot" who insists that paying taxes is a bad thing is no patriot in my country! Time for that "adult moment" being blathered about on talk radio. Time to stop the whining and get serious about cutting the deficit, paying our way, and maintaining the quality of life we have earned for all of our citizens. Not just the wealthy!

You pay for what you get. Got it!
edward eubanks

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Apr 17, 2011
All so funny.
You subject public employees to a withering fire of denouncements and villification and then you say you are trying to save their jobs.
You jump up and yell to a people to "go to hell", draw a line in the sand, and then accuse THEM of trying to divide the American people.
There has been such a sustained campaign by the right to "spin" facts that I don't believe they even know what the truth is. Blacks become racists. The poor becomes practitioners of class warfare. The sick and unemployed are painted as greatly benefitting from social largesse. Robbing workers of their ability to represent themselves is pitched as saving their jobs.
And things have gone mad today
and good's bad today
and black's white today
and day's night today...
Curiouser and curioser.
bob

Independence, MO

#16 Apr 17, 2011
Walker did nothing that isn't being done by a lot of other states. The difference is the Wisconsin teachers would rather eat their own, have massive layoffs, then make concessions. There are now 1500 Wisconsin families that haven't been severely affected by the greedy actions of their fellow tenured teachers and the teachers union. Like the retiring general counsel said....It's not about the children...it's about the dues.
dan

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Apr 17, 2011
Kidding wrote:
Why don't you people get off the Palin crap, nobody cares. Why not dig into Obama's past a little bit, there's probably a story we all would like to here there. The press is so f'ed now days. Troups of reporters crammed Alaska in an effort to dig up crap on Palin yet left Biden entirely alone. There's isn't a day that goes by where the left nut jobs in the media don't have a negative story on Palin or Bachman, it's getting f'en.
Your education was probably in Alaska with Sarah Palin as your classmate. Here??? The word is hear.
Look everyone- Do you want to make $7 an hour like Walker and Palin would like so the rich can get richer at your expense, or should we all be pulling for each other to get fair wages.
dan

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Apr 17, 2011
bob wrote:
Walker did nothing that isn't being done by a lot of other states. The difference is the Wisconsin teachers would rather eat their own, have massive layoffs, then make concessions. There are now 1500 Wisconsin families that haven't been severely affected by the greedy actions of their fellow tenured teachers and the teachers union. Like the retiring general counsel said....It's not about the children...it's about the dues.
Ohh Bob
What do you make at your job?
Greedy teachers? Teachers make a living and nothing more. Eat their own? You are pathetic.
But, you'll be the first to complain when you don't like your school.
Marion

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Apr 17, 2011
She is exactly right on,people are tired of these greedy unions getting everything handed to them on a silver platter while the rest of us are scraping to get by.

The let leaning politicians who are in bed with these people are on their way out as well.

GOOD RIDDENCE!!
No Longer In the Union

Centuria, WI

#22 Apr 17, 2011
Could not agree more Sara, could not agree more.
hateyourlies

Cornell, WI

#23 Apr 17, 2011
Freedom Lover wrote:
<quoted text>Aside of your crass and vulger imagery you're empty-headed. Governor Walker united the majority of Wisconsin voters. Last week, those same voters reelected Justice Prosser. Elections have consequences and your side lost. Suffer BH!
The only unity among you Republithugs is your greed, stupidity and ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,396,303
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Jacques in Orleans 217,025
News Obamas choose New York architects to design Chi... 1 hr bozo 1
News The Latest: Trump says canceling Chicago rally ... Tue OfficialTrumpCard 1,729
News Gingrich: Romney will win 'over 300 electoral v... (Oct '12) Jun 16 Soros NWO 30
News Bill Clinton avoids Trump in solo debut on camp... Jun 13 Go Blue Forever 43
News Blackburn impressed by trap shooting display (Apr '13) Jun 12 savannah pigeon 2
More from around the web