Inauguration of United States of Amer...

Inauguration of United States of America President Barack D. Obama...

There are 91 comments on the Manila Bulletin story from Jan 20, 2013, titled Inauguration of United States of America President Barack D. Obama.... In it, Manila Bulletin reports that:

President Barack Hussein D. Obama II and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., are taking their oaths of office as the 44th President and 47th Vice President of the United States of America , respectively, today January 21, 2013, in ceremonies at the US Capitol in Washington, DC, USA.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manila Bulletin.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
OH NO YOU did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#88 Jan 24, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
it looks like the stock market has already survived Obamas work.....ha ha.....they have doubled since 2008. the only enemies currently fkn up this country is those repugnant country azz t'partiers
Wrong again!

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11767804/1/ban...

Bank of America: Obama Makes Everything Worse Loser

By Philip van Doorn 11/14/12 - 04:29 PM EST

NEW YORK (TheStreet)-- Bank of America (BAC_) was the loser among the largest U.S. financial names on Wednesday, with shares falling 4% to close at $8.99.

The broad indexes all saw declines of over 1% and the KBW Bank Index (I:BKX_) was down over 2% to close at 46.68, with all 24 index components seeing declines for the session.

Financial stocks were weak early, but fell much harder after President Obama discussed the "fiscal cliff" during a White House press conference in the afternoon.

The president and the Republican majority in the House of Representatives are negotiating over which "revenue enhancements" and spending cuts will be agreed upon, to avert the expiration of the tax cuts enacted when George W. Bush was president and extended by President Obama in 2010, as part of an agreement to increase the federal debt ceiling. Without a compromise, in addition to the expiration of the tax cuts, there will be major federal budget cuts, which many economists have said could push the U.S. economy back into recession.

President Obama said during the press conference that "we face a very clear deadline that requires us to make some big decisions on jobs, taxes and deficits by the end of the year. Both parties voted to set this deadline and I believe that both parties can work together to make these decisions in a balanced and responsible way."

According to a Washington Post transcript, the president said "I am open to compromise and I'm open to new ideas, and I've been encouraged over the past week to hear Republican after Republican agree on the need for more revenue from the wealthiest Americans as part of our arithmetic if we're going to be serious about reducing the deficit."

President Obama then outlined "two pathways" for federal income taxes: "Option one, if Congress fails to act by the end of this year, everybody's taxes will automatically go up, including the 98 percent of Americans who make less than $250,000 a year, and the 97 percent of small businesses who earn less than $250,000 a year. That doesn't make sense. Our economy can't afford that right now. Certainly, no middle class family can afford that right now. And nobody in either party says that they want it to happen.
"The other option," according to the president, "is to pass a law right now that would prevent any tax hike whatsoever on the first $250,000 of everybody's income. And by the way, that means every American, including the wealthiest Americans, get a tax cut. It means that 98 percent of all Americans and 97 percent of all small businesses won't see their taxes go up a single dime."

The president continued to make his case by saying "We should not hold the middle class hostage, while we debate tax cuts for the wealthy. We should at least do what we agree on, and that's to keep middle class taxes low."

While the Republicans -- who have signaled a softening position on tax increases for people earning over $250,000 a year -- will no doubt wish to discuss federal budget cuts, or the slowing of federal spending increases as part of the fiscal cliff negotiations, the president made no mention of any spending cuts during the press conference, where questions from the media were mainly focused on the scandal surrounding General Petraeus and the murder of Ambassador Christopher Stevens in Benghazi, Libya.
OH NO YOU did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#89 Jan 24, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
it looks like the stock market has already survived Obamas work.....ha ha.....they have doubled since 2008. the only enemies currently fkn up this country is those repugnant country azz t'partiers
You missed this too Sweetheart.

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/4258-82-of-...

A whopping majority of small businesses are feeling gloomy if not completely doom-y about the economy, reports The Daily Caller.
In a survey carried out by the US Chamber of Commerce, 82% of companies officially defined as "small" felt the country was on the wrong track, and 54% expected economic conditions to deteriorate in the next two years.
As for the landmark healthcare bill pushed by the President in his first term, three quarters of businesses polled expect Obamacare to increase their costs, with nearly as many saying it will make hiring more difficult.
"Only 5% reported [Obamacare] would make health care coverage more affordable," writes DC's Betsi Fores. "While the Obama administration continues to tout tax breaks and hiring incentives for small business, business owners are crying for something else: more policy certainty, not more assistance, from Washington."

YES, 82% OF SMALL BUSINESS THINK SUCKS AND THAT BECASUE OF OBAMA THEY WILL BE IN A WORSE POSITION. ANOTHER 54% THINK THINGS WILL GET WORSE UNDER OBAMA. I GUESS THEY KNOW MORE STUFF THAN THE OBAMATONS THAT BLAINDLY FOLLOW EVERYTHING OBAMA DOES.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#90 Jan 24, 2013
OH NO YOU did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you nuts? Obama is taxing and driving down America at rocket speed, but obviously you can't see it as you must be one of his Obamatons or his paid-off special interest groups.
he is not taking us down. better look at those country azz white t'partiers.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#91 Jan 24, 2013
OH NO YOU did not wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you that question because you were acting like it. I'll post the question again for you, "So, you are a angry old white man who is one of the haters and losers? Well, OK if you say so."
SWEETHEART, YOU SAID YOU WERE AN ANGRY WHITE MAN, NOT ME. BY THIS POST WE CAN SEE ALL YOUR HATE AND ANGER.
bite your arse....hows that!!!!!!!!!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#92 Jan 24, 2013
OH NO YOU did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again!
http://www.thestreet.com/story/11767804/1/ban...
Bank of America: Obama Makes Everything Worse Loser
By Philip van Doorn 11/14/12 - 04:29 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet)-- Bank of America (BAC_) was the loser among the largest U.S. financial names on Wednesday, with shares falling 4% to close at $8.99.
The broad indexes all saw declines of over 1% and the KBW Bank Index (I:BKX_) was down over 2% to close at 46.68, with all 24 index components seeing declines for the session.
Financial stocks were weak early, but fell much harder after President Obama discussed the "fiscal cliff" during a White House press conference in the afternoon.
The president and the Republican majority in the House of Representatives are negotiating over which "revenue enhancements" and spending cuts will be agreed upon, to avert the expiration of the tax cuts enacted when George W. Bush was president and extended by President Obama in 2010, as part of an agreement to increase the federal debt ceiling. Without a compromise, in addition to the expiration of the tax cuts, there will be major federal budget cuts, which many economists have said could push the U.S. economy back into recession.
President Obama said during the press conference that "we face a very clear deadline that requires us to make some big decisions on jobs, taxes and deficits by the end of the year. Both parties voted to set this deadline and I believe that both parties can work together to make these decisions in a balanced and responsible way."
According to a Washington Post transcript, the president said "I am open to compromise and I'm open to new ideas, and I've been encouraged over the past week to hear Republican after Republican agree on the need for more revenue from the wealthiest Americans as part of our arithmetic if we're going to be serious about reducing the deficit."
President Obama then outlined "two pathways" for federal income taxes: "Option one, if Congress fails to act by the end of this year, everybody's taxes will automatically go up, including the 98 percent of Americans who make less than $250,000 a year, and the 97 percent of small businesses who earn less than $250,000 a year. That doesn't make sense. Our economy can't afford that right now. Certainly, no middle class family can afford that right now. And nobody in either party says that they want it to happen.
"The other option," according to the president, "is to pass a law right now that would prevent any tax hike whatsoever on the first $250,000 of everybody's income. And by the way, that means every American, including the wealthiest Americans, get a tax cut. It means that 98 percent of all Americans and 97 percent of all small businesses won't see their taxes go up a single dime."
The president continued to make his case by saying "We should not hold the middle class hostage, while we debate tax cuts for the wealthy. We should at least do what we agree on, and that's to keep middle class taxes low."
While the Republicans -- who have signaled a softening position on tax increases for people earning over $250,000 a year -- will no doubt wish to discuss federal budget cuts, or the slowing of federal spending increases as part of the fiscal cliff negotiations, the president made no mention of any spending cuts during the press conference, where questions from the media were mainly focused on the scandal surrounding General Petraeus and the murder of Ambassador Christopher Stevens in Benghazi, Libya.
he is on the right path...... those who fail to catch that gravy train will wind up being left behind left behind left behind left behind.
OH NO YOU did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#93 Jan 24, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
what happened to haliburton cheney.....greed never ends with those sumbytches
But Obama was Mr. transparent, "you know sunlight is the greatest disinfectant!" But all he was just Chicagoan politician liar.


OBAMA: 7 Lies In Under 2 Minutes
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
BARACK'S FAVORS FOR CORRUPT CRONY
By DAVID FREDDOSO
Last Updated: 9:16 PM, August 27, 2008
Posted: 3:54 AM, August 21, 2008

After Rezko's 2006 indictment on unrelated federal corruption charges, Obama denied unequivocally that he'd ever helped the man: "I've never done any favors for him."

That's simply false. Rezko was a genius of corporate welfare who enriched himself at taxpayers' expense, both legally and illegally, via his multiple political connections. Yes, he went to others for the illegal deals that landed him in prison. But Rezko depended on Obama when he wanted legal access to the state treasury. The arrangement was a far cry from Obama's image of "change and hope."

It's impossible to know Obama's motives. But several of his official acts benefited Rezko, who in turn raised some $250,000 for Obama's campaigns.

In October 1998, Obama wrote city and state officials, urging them to give Rezko $14 million to build an apartment complex outside of Obama's state Senate district. The Chicago Sun-Times noted last year that Obama's request included $855,000 in "development fees" for Rezko and for another developer, Allison Davis, who happened to be Obama's old law-firm boss. Obama's spokesman said it was just a coincidence that the state senator wrote letters to obtain millions of dollars for his two longtime friends.

In fact, Obama was a dependable ally of subsidized developers in the Legislature, giving Rezko and others broader help as well. In "The Case Against Barack Obama," I identify and parse six housing bills with which Obama was closely involved. A few examples:

* In 2001, Obama cosponsored a bill allowing developers to sell state tax credits to others and pocket half of the proceeds.

* In 2002 and 2004, he was chief cosponsor of a bill to authorize a rent-subsidy fund giving "grants ... directly to developers" of low-income housing. Seventy percent of the money was earmarked for the Chicago area.

* Obama cosponsored the Illinois Housing Initiative Act of 2003, which required the governor to develop a plan for more low-income housing and "provide[d] for funding for housing construction and rehabilitation and supportive services."

* In 2003, Obama voted for the Affordable Housing Planning and Appeal Act, which required Illinois municipalities to make 10 percent of their housing units "affordable" (by definition, this included subsidized housing). This forced 46 communities just outside of Chicago to create more than 7,000 new "affordable" units - a huge boost in demand for area developers. The bill also provided loopholes for developers to circumvent local ordinances and regulations.
...
These and the other Obama-backed bills helped make millionaires of Rezko and other slum developers at taxpayers' expense. The developers - including his former law boss and an adviser to his current campaign - reciprocated, together giving and raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for Obama's campaigns.

To sum up: Obama got them subsidies to build. He secured them a steady income of government rent subsidies. He arranged special tax credits and abatements for them. He backed measures that increased demand for their services, and helped them legally circumvent local laws.
...
With his early and large investments in Obama, Rezko helped the Democratic nominee get to where he is today. Obama, meanwhile, helped Rezko with his legislative work and his letter-writing. Given this close working relationship, the Obama-Rezko land deal is far less surprising. "
OH NO YOU did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#94 Jan 24, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
since you believe that.....its time to stick a fork in your arse...you're done Mothrafudder!!!!!!!!!!
Why do you keep wanting to show me that you are an old angry white male? By your posts, I truly believe you. Know you can stop with all your hate.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#95 Jan 24, 2013
OH NO YOU did not wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed this too Sweetheart.
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/4258-82-of-...
A whopping majority of small businesses are feeling gloomy if not completely doom-y about the economy, reports The Daily Caller.
In a survey carried out by the US Chamber of Commerce, 82% of companies officially defined as "small" felt the country was on the wrong track, and 54% expected economic conditions to deteriorate in the next two years.
As for the landmark healthcare bill pushed by the President in his first term, three quarters of businesses polled expect Obamacare to increase their costs, with nearly as many saying it will make hiring more difficult.
"Only 5% reported [Obamacare] would make health care coverage more affordable," writes DC's Betsi Fores. "While the Obama administration continues to tout tax breaks and hiring incentives for small business, business owners are crying for something else: more policy certainty, not more assistance, from Washington."
YES, 82% OF SMALL BUSINESS THINK SUCKS AND THAT BECASUE OF OBAMA THEY WILL BE IN A WORSE POSITION. ANOTHER 54% THINK THINGS WILL GET WORSE UNDER OBAMA. I GUESS THEY KNOW MORE STUFF THAN THE OBAMATONS THAT BLAINDLY FOLLOW EVERYTHING OBAMA DOES.
the small businesses that fail to upgrade and change can't blame no one put themselves. being innovative and agressive with advertising keeps a business moving forward. that same dead status-quo will not work in todays economy. some will thrive others will falter, but don't blame the gov't for the problems. ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE....one better be a damn shark if you plan on being in the same tank.
OH NO YOU did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#96 Jan 24, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
he is not taking us down. better look at those country azz white t'partiers.
Wrong again, the tea party members are on the path to financial responsibility whereas Obama just will tax America to death. But thanks for your angry white male opinion. lol
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#97 Jan 24, 2013
OH NO YOU did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep wanting to show me that you are an old angry white male? By your posts, I truly believe you. Know you can stop with all your hate.
thats your view....happy as a lark
OH NO YOU did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#98 Jan 24, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
thats your view....happy as a lark
You are right I am happy as a lark especially after seeing one of your funny hate-filled remarks. It is a great laugh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min flack 1,564,103
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Bill of Rights 242,242
News Trump is making a last-ditch effort to resurrec... Thu Retribution 4
News 3 winners, over 100 million Mega Millions losers (Apr '12) Jul 19 Mail order bride 7
News Donald Trump Jul 19 Trump is a joke 1
News Bullying blowhard Newt lacks restraint to be re... (Jan '12) Jul 12 AmPieJam UncleSam 534
News 19 AGs sue DeVos for delaying for-profit colleg... Jul 11 free speech mcghee 2
More from around the web