Buss: Romney needs a Chrysler strategy

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit News

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, right, interjects as President Barack Obama answers a question during Tuesday night's town hall debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. In places like Ohio and Michigan, the headline "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt" hangs over Mitt Romney as if it were introducing his obituary.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Oct 23, 2012
Damage Control

United States

#2 Oct 18, 2012
the truth wrote:
Let Romney go Bankrupt
...hello Truth, beautiful coin...
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#3 Oct 18, 2012
The car companies have EIGHT retirees they pay for every ONE worker they have. Had they done an organized bankruptcy, the car companies would have been able to renegotiate those big, fat forever pensions. A lot of them go to men who died, to the wives who live to be 100. Yahoo, buy a car that wears out 3 times faster than a Japanese car, pay twice as much so some 80 year old woman who never worked who gets Social Security and Medicare can also get a big fat car company pension. And, the way Obama was able to allow that to continue to go on is the car companies do not pay any taxes for 5 years, so the taxpayers are paying for those big pensions, for car companies to pay 8 pensions for every one person they are paying to work. They will never make the car companies pay taxes again. Now it is the same thing as the government pensions where a clerical worker retires in her 50s and gets $75,000 a year pension and early SS and Medicare and the people who worked in the private sector pay for it and they don't get to retire until they are 67 and they don't get a $75,000-$250,000 taxpayer funded pension for life. Now the car company unions are on the taxpayers too. And, it's the same thing where you have uneducated workers who won the lottery, who just happened to get a job at a car company instead of being their neighbors who work in minimum wage service jobs because the Dems do not have them in government propped up unions, yet anyway.
blah blah

Hartland, WI

#4 Oct 18, 2012
I wish our retirement was 75k lol just like I wish our pay was $75/hr.

Fact: the wife gets 50% of the husbands pention after he dies. Which prolly comes out to about 10-15k a year. Wow fat check in deed.

Gonna guess your a Romney fan and hate 47% of the USA also.

Chrysler cars cost 2x as much and last 1/3 as long as foreign cars. Really. By your math the foreign cars only cost 7-15k cause most Chrysler's cost between 15-30k depending on the make/model.

As for lifespan of a car its simple. Hey are expected to last 10years 150k miles. Some longer some less. By your math a Chrysler only last on average 3 years? Or going the other way your saying a foreign car will last on average 30?

What world do you live in. Everything you said was a lie. Guess that's why your republican..
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#5 Oct 18, 2012
blah blah wrote:
I wish our retirement was 75k lol just like I wish our pay was $75/hr.
Fact: the wife gets 50% of the husbands pention after he dies. Which prolly comes out to about 10-15k a year. Wow fat check in deed.
Gonna guess your a Romney fan and hate 47% of the USA also.
Chrysler cars cost 2x as much and last 1/3 as long as foreign cars. Really. By your math the foreign cars only cost 7-15k cause most Chrysler's cost between 15-30k depending on the make/model.
As for lifespan of a car its simple. Hey are expected to last 10years 150k miles. Some longer some less. By your math a Chrysler only last on average 3 years? Or going the other way your saying a foreign car will last on average 30?
What world do you live in. Everything you said was a lie. Guess that's why your republican..
FACT: The car companies have eight people on pensions for every ONE worker.
FACT: Obama let the car companies pay NO taxes for at least five years.
FACT: The taxpayers are getting totally screwed with the car companies paying NO taxes, contributing nothing to the tax base for at least five years.
FACT: The taxpayers are therefore paying for those pensions.
FACT: Japanese cars run 300,000 miles, whereas American made cars run, as you said, 150,000. The American car companies did go out of business. If they were making good products, they would not have gone out of business. And, same as with the government pensions, you can't pay everyone a big pension for life when the life expectancy went up by 25 years. That's why the states are broke, and that's how the car companies went broke. They should have done an organized bankruptcy and that way they would have been able to cut the long term pensions in half and have the equivalent of 4 people on a pension for everyone one working, rather than 8 to 1. You need 8 workers to pay for one pension, not one worker and paying out 8 pensions, that's why Obama let them pay NO taxes. That's no way to be doing business.

That's why Obama ran up $6 trillion of debt. He hands the bankrupt states all this money to prop them back up so they don't ever deal with the huge debts in their pension promises. Anyone can borrow and borrow money and hand it out, a year old kid can come up with the same ideas that Obama came up with.

If the American car companies should ever have to pay taxes again, they will go bankrupt from having 8 pensioners for every one worker. It's simple math.
blah blah

Hartland, WI

#7 Oct 18, 2012
Pamela wrote:
The car companies have EIGHT retirees they pay for every ONE worker they have. Had they done an organized bankruptcy, the car companies would have been able to renegotiate those big, fat forever pensions. A lot of them go to men who died, to the wives who live to be 100. Yahoo, buy a car that wears out 3 times faster than a Japanese car, pay twice as much so some 80 year old woman who never worked who gets Social Security and Medicare can also get a big fat car company pension. And, the way Obama was able to allow that to continue to go on is the car companies do not pay any taxes for 5 years, so the taxpayers are paying for those big pensions, for car companies to pay 8 pensions for every one person they are paying to work. They will never make the car companies pay taxes again. Now it is the same thing as the government pensions where a clerical worker retires in her 50s and gets $75,000 a year pension and early SS and Medicare and the people who worked in the private sector pay for it and they don't get to retire until they are 67 and they don't get a $75,000-$250,000 taxpayer funded pension for life. Now the car company unions are on the taxpayers too. And, it's the same thing where you have uneducated workers who won the lottery, who just happened to get a job at a car company instead of being their neighbors who work in minimum wage service jobs because the Dems do not have them in government propped up unions, yet anyway.
Pamela wrote:
The car companies have EIGHT retirees they pay for every ONE worker they have. Had they done an organized bankruptcy, the car companies would have been able to renegotiate those big, fat forever pensions. A lot of them go to men who died, to the wives who live to be 100. Yahoo, buy a car that wears out 3 times faster than a Japanese car, pay twice as much so some 80 year old woman who never worked who gets Social Security and Medicare can also get a big fat car company pension. And, the way Obama was able to allow that to continue to go on is the car companies do not pay any taxes for 5 years, so the taxpayers are paying for those big pensions, for car companies to pay 8 pensions for every one person they are paying to work. They will never make the car companies pay taxes again. Now it is the same thing as the government pensions where a clerical worker retires in her 50s and gets $75,000 a year pension and early SS and Medicare and the people who worked in the private sector pay for it and they don't get to retire until they are 67 and they don't get a $75,000-$250,000 taxpayer funded pension for life. Now the car company unions are on the taxpayers too. And, it's the same thing where you have uneducated workers who won the lottery, who just happened to get a job at a car company instead of being their neighbors who work in minimum wage service jobs because the Dems do not have them in government propped up unions, yet anyway.
Gonna guess u also believe that if the union workers at a car company made less the price of the car would go down... Wake up a Chrysler pension is about $1500/month or 18k a year. Its about $50 per year of service capped @ 30 years per month. A surviving spouse gets 50% ur talking 9k a year. That's poverty level. As for the rest of your rant its all lies aswell. Average Chrysler last 10 years average Toyota 10 years. Do you just pull numbers off the top of your head?
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#8 Oct 18, 2012
blah blah wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Gonna guess u also believe that if the union workers at a car company made less the price of the car would go down... Wake up a Chrysler pension is about $1500/month or 18k a year. Its about $50 per year of service capped @ 30 years per month. A surviving spouse gets 50% ur talking 9k a year. That's poverty level. As for the rest of your rant its all lies aswell. Average Chrysler last 10 years average Toyota 10 years. Do you just pull numbers off the top of your head?
American car companies went bankrupt, not Japanese car companies.

You have NO problem with the car companies paying NO taxes???? Really??

You don't think they are going to go bankrupt again having 8 people on pensions for every one person they have working?? You don't consider they should be paying federal income taxes and they should live within their means??
Damage Control

United States

#9 Oct 18, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>American car companies went bankrupt, not Japanese car companies.
You have NO problem with the car companies paying NO taxes???? Really??
You don't think they are going to go bankrupt again having 8 people on pensions for every one person they have working?? You don't consider they should be paying federal income taxes and they should live within their means??
...Chrysler, here in Kokomo, IN pays hefty taxes that our good school systems need to offer our youngsters quality education...and then there are payroll and income taxes paid by the Chrysler and the workers...

...and the Japaneese companies have their own unions in their own country...take care of elder and healthcare...had huge breaks and incentives to locate here in the way of tax advantages...and we have the advantage of what???...
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#10 Oct 18, 2012
Damage Control wrote:
<quoted text>
...Chrysler, here in Kokomo, IN pays hefty taxes that our good school systems need to offer our youngsters quality education...and then there are payroll and income taxes paid by the Chrysler and the workers...
...and the Japaneese companies have their own unions in their own country...take care of elder and healthcare...had huge breaks and incentives to locate here in the way of tax advantages...and we have the advantage of what???...
Japan is in a lot of trouble too. They have giant social program prommises they made to their old people and they have majority old people. They have the same problem we have with Social Security and Medicare. Japan is in a real mess due to its demographics and it's social programs. Same as Europe, same as many other countries. Even China has a big problem with the one child policy leaving it with a ton of old people and not enough young people to pay to give them social programs.
Damage Control

United States

#11 Oct 18, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>Japan is in a lot of trouble too. They have giant social program prommises they made to their old people and they have majority old people. They have the same problem we have with Social Security and Medicare. Japan is in a real mess due to its demographics and it's social programs. Same as Europe, same as many other countries. Even China has a big problem with the one child policy leaving it with a ton of old people and not enough young people to pay to give them social programs.
...vote Romney in as reproductive ambassador to the world...problem solved...

“Qu Ni De!”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#12 Oct 18, 2012
what chrysler reaaly needs is car that not break down and have good resale value. maybe ram ok but other cars from this company is shat. there cars make lists of used cars to avoid every years

you have good days now. hug your mom and smile

Since: Oct 11

Rockford, IL

#13 Oct 18, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>American car companies went bankrupt, not Japanese car companies.


The Japanese car companies (Toyota) got a boost from the Japanese government. Don't think it was just us companies that were in trouble.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2010/...
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>You don't think they are going to go bankrupt again having 8 people on pensions for every one person they have working??
8 people on the pension for every 1 worker should not be problem if the company would did what they promised... for the 30+ years those people worked and didn't collect a pension. that whole time the company was SUPPOSE to be funding the retirement for its workers. if they had funded it then those people that are drawing from it should have no problem and not be a drain on the books now. but is the company didn't do that, then yea they have a problem. and I'm gonna guess your gonna blame the UAW??
Stamp me silly

United States

#14 Oct 18, 2012
Doesn't help that the Japanese have a heavy ban on import cars, for every ONE car America sends there they have to send ONE HUNDRED & FIFTY cars to America.
Booga King

Bronx, NY

#15 Oct 19, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>American car companies went bankrupt, not Japanese car companies.
You have NO problem with the car companies paying NO taxes???? Really??
You don't think they are going to go bankrupt again having 8 people on pensions for every one person they have working?? You don't consider they should be paying federal income taxes and they should live within their means??
How about Exxon Mobile making 40 billion profit and still receiving Billions in tax breaks ot the too big to fail banks being propped up with hundreds of billions of our dollars only to give its failed management huge million dollar bonuses...this didn't happen in the auto industry, they were loaned money and Chrysler has paid it back. Under your theory let America loose a million auto jobs let 80 yr old Aunt Martha go back to work at Walmart cause her dead husbands measley 15 k pension was lost in bankruptcy. Send the over One million retirees back to work. That will really solve America s problem. That's a great thought.
Booga King

Bronx, NY

#17 Oct 19, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
2015 contract = no pension until you turn 62 = no more 30 and out , no more seniority, etc
Sure,,, since you no longer benefit from those aspects of the contract let them go away. However you wouldn't dare even breathe those words when you were benefiting from them with your 42yrs in the plant. Talk about a 2 faced SOB. You really need some hobbies you ole bassit
Gottime

Macomb, MI

#18 Oct 19, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
2015 contract = no pension until you turn 62 = no more 30 and out , no more seniority, etc
Ok. So you are saying Sergio Marchionne, who is the CEO of 3 companies, will focus energy on getting rid of seniority? Sure he will. The financial situation in Europe and Chryslers return from bankruptcy and the poor economy here and the slew of new product launches that will be happening the next few years and he will try to change seniority? You do realize how unimportant that is in the grand scheme of things? It won't even be on the table.
Known

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Oct 21, 2012
Like Romney her math just doesn't add up! Republicans have a hard time with simple math.
Gottime

Macomb, MI

#23 Oct 21, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>VOTE for "MITT" = he saved "DETROIT"
Ok. So you are saying Sergio Marchionne, who is the CEO of 3 companies, will focus energy on getting rid of seniority? Sure he will. The financial situation in Europe and Chryslers return from bankruptcy and the poor economy here and the slew of new product launches that will be happening the next few years and he will try to change seniority? You do realize how unimportant that is in the grand scheme of things? It won't even be on the table.
gap

Randolph, MA

#24 Oct 23, 2012
Romney is a fake
Gottime

Macomb, MI

#26 Oct 23, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>i just voted the ROMNEY/RYAN ticket Monday = VOTE = ROMNEY/RYAN
Ok. So you are saying Sergio Marchionne, who is the CEO of 3 companies, will focus energy on getting rid of seniority? Sure he will. The financial situation in Europe and Chryslers return from bankruptcy and the poor economy here and the slew of new product launches that will be happening the next few years and he will try to change seniority? You do realize how unimportant that is in the grand scheme of things? It won't even be on the table.
gap

Plymouth, MA

#27 Oct 23, 2012
Romney wouldn't stand behind the auto industry he wouldn't know how to run the country he's a fake a lot of people would be out of a job if it wasn't for Obama Romney is a fake

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,100,230
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr wojar 177,384
West Plains billboard depicts Obama wearing a t... (Oct '08) Thu Dr. Phil 1,003
Congressman: Get Ready for Immigration Move Fro... Wed Shinichiro Takizawa 37
Ole Miss frat suspended, noose suspects kicked out (Feb '14) Aug 26 swedenforever 15
Cornel West: Obama just a another neoliberal op... Aug 25 Rock 2
Capital Journal Daybreak: Pressure Mounts on Ob... Aug 25 Captain Yesterday 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barack Obama People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••