Conservatives long for the sad days o...

Conservatives long for the sad days of yesteryear

There are 114 comments on the The Baltimore Sun story from Nov 4, 2012, titled Conservatives long for the sad days of yesteryear. In it, The Baltimore Sun reports that:

Four years ago, on the eve of the last presidential election, I wrote in this space of how the country has spent much of the last three decades "re-litigating" the 1960s, arguing over the changes wrought in that decade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#120 Nov 7, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
what the heck are you talking about?
we are talking about a 47 year old man who thinks he is a woman, using the ladies locker room and having his junk hang out in front of minors...
and you are talking like he is a freedom rider....
We cant even agree to keep a 47 year old man's junk out of sight of small children?
If that were all that you were talking about, we would be in agreement. But you aren't.

I'm focusing upon our area of disagreement while ignoring the part upon which we agree.

Didn't (can't) you notice?
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#121 Nov 7, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were all that you were talking about, we would be in agreement. But you aren't.
I'm focusing upon our area of disagreement while ignoring the part upon which we agree.
Didn't (can't) you notice?
hey dude...i think great things are going on in your mind..you just have to give me more clues as to what they are from time to time...

My only point was the point I made...what other point do you think I have lurking?

Location hidden

#122 Nov 7, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
hey dude...i think great things are going on in your mind..you just have to give me more clues as to what they are from time to time...
My only point was the point I made...what other point do you think I have lurking?
You are combining the misbehavior of one person with policies on many other issues.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#123 Nov 7, 2012
She's not around. Had to head out to Wally World for some super sized Maxi Pads and a double order of Xanex.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Oopsies. Called the election a bit to soon, did ya?

El Paso, TX

#124 Nov 7, 2012
Actually it was supposedly in the sauna. I've never seen a sauna that allowed children in it.

Again your reading skills simply don't cut it.

Vanity thy name s reaction perhaps ?
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
fine. but this was a locker room that was used by small children at a Swim Academy.
Is the aberration that this dude with junk is somehow a woman?
It just a bad decision to let people decide their sex and to elevate that persons' comfort over the comfort of EVERYONE else...(in the name of equality, no less)

Location hidden

#125 Nov 7, 2012
TomInElPaso wrote:
Actually it was supposedly in the sauna. I've never seen a sauna that allowed children in it.
<quoted text>
I have. Lots of them. Scandinavia. Russia. Japan. All are multigenerational and clothing optional. Only Russia's tend to be sexually segregated.
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#126 Nov 7, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You are combining the misbehavior of one person with policies on many other issues.
it seems pretty clear how people here would strike the balance in this situation...
did you see them say it was the 17 y/o girl's fault and that it was likely a set up?
I mean, in terms of speaking of equality...how does the balance of EVERY other person using a locker room compare with ONE dude WITH JUNK calling himself a woman feeling better about using the ladies locker room?
I do think this speaks to larger issues...
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#127 Nov 7, 2012
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
the 17 year old saw it...
so fact aside as usual right?

insulting is silly.

El Paso, TX

#128 Nov 7, 2012
Here in the US. Different story generally, especially in public facilities.
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. Lots of them. Scandinavia. Russia. Japan. All are multigenerational and clothing optional. Only Russia's tend to be sexually segregated.

Location hidden

#129 Nov 7, 2012
TomInElPaso wrote:
Here in the US. Different story generally, especially in public facilities.
<quoted text>
Bunch of shame-based calvinistic hypocrites.

El Paso, TX

#130 Nov 7, 2012
Not something we didn't already know. But still the doors on those things are terribly heavy and no child under the age of 12 or so should be allowed in one unless accompanied by an adult for safety reasons.
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Bunch of shame-based calvinistic hypocrites.

Location hidden

#131 Nov 8, 2012
TomInElPaso wrote:
Not something we didn't already know. But still the doors on those things are terribly heavy and no child under the age of 12 or so should be allowed in one unless accompanied by an adult for safety reasons.
<quoted text>
Physicians usually recommend only brief times in saunas for little ones. Their small body mass changes temperature so quickly that they can be harmful.

Supervision of little kids is simply the rule ... or should be.
Jose in Miami

Hollywood, FL

#132 Nov 8, 2012
Conservatives say one thing while practicing another .
The south is wall to wall with Republicans who scream about Democrats while using every type of government support there is.

The anti-Obama bible belt states probably get more public assistance than any area in USA.
How nice it must be to be a complete hypocrite.

"Mitt Romney Supporter Turns To Obamacare"

Melissa Littlewood of Sarasota, Fla., voted for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney because she thinks the government is becoming too expansive, too intrusive, and too burdensome for small business owners such as herself.

At the same time, President Barack Obama's health care law, reviled by conservatives as an expansion of big government, may be the only way for Littlewood to get affordable health insurance.

"I think we're in a society that is on a runaway train," Littlewood said. "I think I'm about to see what that is all about."

Polls show that Americans, collectively speaking, are as ambivalent about the law as they are about the president himself. Under Obama's watch, the Affordable Care Act's major provisions are supposed to take effect in 2014, extending insurance coverage to 30 million Americans whether they like it or not.

Littlewood knows from personal experience that the health care system's status quo is no good. She has owned an automotive accessory business for 34 years. She said her company's group health insurance policy, which covers her and one employee, costs $1,460 per month. If she renews the policy for another year, its monthly premiums will go up to $1,553.

She said she can't afford it anymore, but she has no other choice for obtaining coverage, since no insurance company will offer an affordable plan to a 59-year-old breast cancer survivor.

"I think I'm being discriminated against," she said. "I am healthy and I am tired of getting beat up each year with the high insurance costs."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/romn...

Location hidden

#133 Nov 8, 2012
Jose, that deserves it's own thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Obama is a joke 1,403,931
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min JRB 219,427
News U.S. to Sign U.N. Disabilities Rights Pact (Jul '09) 12 hr Abandoned kids 3
News Profile: Who is Tim Kaine? Jul 23 who is pam geller 1
News Gingrich: Romney will win 'over 300 electoral v... (Oct '12) Jul 22 Pie in the Sky 31
News Will: Texas may have become wall too high for t... Jul 21 Petey 1
News Profile: Hillary Clinton poised to be first fem... Jul 20 kay 2
More from around the web