Senators agree on principles of immigration reform

Jan 28, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC 17

A bipartisan group of leading senators has reached agreement on the principles for a sweeping overhaul of the nation's immigration laws, including a path to citizenship for the 11 million illegal immigrants already in this country.

Comments
21 - 40 of 48 Comments Last updated Jan 31, 2013

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

trouble wrote:
<quoted text>
A substantial percentage of young illegal immigrants end up in gangs. U.S. authorities say that there are now over 1 million members of criminal gangs operating inside the United States. According to federal statistics, these 1 million gang members are responsible for up to 80% of the violent crimes committed in the U.S. each year. Latino gangs made up primarily of illegal aliens are responsible for much of this violence.
According to the Center for Immigration Studies, some of the most notorious gangs in the country are made up almost entirely of illegal immigrants
WHO WHAT YOU SAY I WAS ASLEEP
Not all the illegal imigrants are latinos and are not educated. There's illegal immigrants that hold superior education and would be great assets to US economy especially now when there's a huge shortage in STEM.
USA Huh

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 29, 2013
 
Democrat and Republican senators agree- more Mexicans mean more votes for their parties. Yet we won't let Cubans fleeing communism to stay in the US unless they touch the soil.
CRIMMIGRANTS

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all the illegal imigrants are latinos and are not educated. There's illegal immigrants that hold superior education and would be great assets to US economy especially now when there's a huge shortage in STEM.
They are in the very TINY minority, too bad they are the exception.
Most illegals are low skilled, uneducated and needy, and yes. hispanic. Who's fault is that?
ronnie

American Fork, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Not true. More Asians illegally came here than Latino's but they are less vocal and stay way down under the radar. Mexicans will not qualify and I'm concerned about the ones that do not!!! What will McCain and the other bi-partisan Senators do with those people? They'll never apply, they'll stay in the shadow's exactly like they've been doing and nothing will change. The whole thing is a sham. When the House of Rep. get's a hold of the details, there will be larger debate and far more questions. McCain just told Charlie Rose, no immigration change until our Border is completely secure, as Israel has with it's borders.

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Today the border is more secure than ever before due to much better technology and clearly it will be impossible to completely secure it.
doughty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

trouble wrote:
<quoted text>
A substantial percentage of young illegal immigrants end up in gangs. U.S. authorities say that there are now over 1 million members of criminal gangs operating inside the United States. According to federal statistics, these 1 million gang members are responsible for up to 80% of the violent crimes committed in the U.S. each year. Latino gangs made up primarily of illegal aliens are responsible for much of this violence.
According to the Center for Immigration Studies, some of the most notorious gangs in the country are made up almost entirely of illegal immigrants
WHO WHAT YOU SAY I WAS ASLEEP
With all that being said, this is all happening bcoz of the stupid immigration laws that most of them dont make sence and thats why americans agree with reforming their bogus immigration system, I dont support crimes but I support immigrants who come here to try and live a normal life just like everyone else, if uve been watching news, obama said,
No one can b deported due to their illigal status unless tney hav a criminal background.so get that right.
doughty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

CRIMMIGRANTS wrote:
<quoted text>
They are in the very TINY minority, too bad they are the exception.
Most illegals are low skilled, uneducated and needy, and yes. hispanic. Who's fault is that?
I am well educated, and am an immigrant, most of my friends have college degrees and they are not from here, on the other hand, I dont kno, not even a single friend of mine from america with a college degree, they dont want to go to college or even get GED, the easiest level of education, the only reason immigrants would b working low skilled jobs is bcoz they are either undocumented or just dont hav work permits, I did that b4 when I was in college, did the most pathetic jobs until I got my work permit and I had a masters degree, and yet I worked with some americans, how stupid and pathetic can an american b to work such jobs in their own country and yet they complain that we take their jobs, i did it but then went to college to improve myself, some of them are still stack with the same type of jobs and we are in the same age group,one word, most americans  are simply plain stupid and lazy, go to college, look for a job then complain if u cant get one.
All they want to do is survive on welfare, foodstamps, free housing and other free things they can possibly get from their government,its gross seeing americans in perfect health conditions looking fo disabilities and claiming things like mental health just to get free things ,
CRIMMIGRANTS

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

doughty wrote:
<quoted text>
I am well educated, and am an immigrant, most of my friends have college degrees and they are not from here, on the other hand, I dont kno, not even a single friend of mine from america with a college degree, they dont want to go to college or even get GED, the easiest level of education, the only reason immigrants would b working low skilled jobs is bcoz they are either undocumented or just dont hav work permits, I did that b4 when I was in college, did the most pathetic jobs until I got my work permit and I had a masters degree, and yet I worked with some americans, how stupid and pathetic can an american b to work such jobs in their own country and yet they complain that we take their jobs, i did it but then went to college to improve myself, some of them are still stack with the same type of jobs and we are in the same age group,one word, most americans  are simply plain stupid and lazy, go to college, look for a job then complain if u cant get one.
All they want to do is survive on welfare, foodstamps, free housing and other free things they can possibly get from their government,its gross seeing americans in perfect health conditions looking fo disabilities and claiming things like mental health just to get free things ,
Lies and BS.
If you are still illegal, we DONT WANT YOU HERE!

You admitted to stealing work from our countrymen. You are exactly the kind of thief we dont need or welcome here.

Your kind disgusts Americans and is a slap in the face to all who came here legally and followed our rules.
juan

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

trouble wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Obama, the millions upon millions of illegal immigrants that are in this country are going to be glad to willingly do the following&.
1) Admit they broke the law
2) Pay back taxes and a fine
3) Learn English
4) Be willing to undergo background checks before starting the legalization process
Those four points are taken directly from Obamas plan.
So what are illegal immigrants going to do when this plan is passed?
99 percent of them are going to laugh and they are just going to keep on doing what they have been doing.
Large numbers of illegal immigrants are already enjoying the high life in the dozens of sanctuary cities across the United States.
witnes the rise my amigo0 now u know how the indians felt wean the pilgrims arrived

doughty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

CRIMMIGRANTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies and BS.
If you are still illegal, we DONT WANT YOU HERE!
You admitted to stealing work from our countrymen. You are exactly the kind of thief we dont need or welcome here.
Your kind disgusts Americans and is a slap in the face to all who came here legally and followed our rules.
Am a legal immigrant and came here on a student visa legally, got My gc through my job, I aint stealing any job from anyone, get some education then we can b on the same level ,coz it seams you have no understanding to alot of things, u talk like u hav no brains or any kind of education, I aint stopping at masters degree, guess what?, tax payers money from pple like u are gonna pay f my PHD,as for now let m get my money working mon-fri getting a descent pay, working only 8hrs a day, ha ha ha, who is clever now,
CRIMMIGRANTS

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

doughty wrote:
<quoted text>
Am a legal immigrant and came here on a student visa legally, got My gc through my job, I aint stealing any job from anyone, get some education then we can b on the same level ,coz it seams you have no understanding to alot of things, u talk like u hav no brains or any kind of education, I aint stopping at masters degree, guess what?, tax payers money from pple like u are gonna pay f my PHD,as for now let m get my money working mon-fri getting a descent pay, working only 8hrs a day, ha ha ha, who is clever now,
You are despised, and you know it, and that makes us happy.
What is it like being sub-human?
doughty

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

CRIMMIGRANTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are despised, and you know it, and that makes us happy.
What is it like being sub-human?
Behold ,coz if you watched obamas speech today , oh wait am forgetting u have no interest In what goes on in your own country and thats why u have little knowlege, n still reffering to immigrants as sub-humans, the bipartisan group have already decided they have to pass the comprehensive immigration bill by this summer , I bet in your head we are still going to b sub-humans even though we gonna have the same benefits.I think you need to reconsider you sources of information.
CRIMMIGRANTS

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jan 29, 2013
 
doughty wrote:
<quoted text>
Behold ,coz if you watched obamas speech today , oh wait am forgetting u have no interest In what goes on in your own country and thats why u have little knowlege, n still reffering to immigrants as sub-humans, the bipartisan group have already decided they have to pass the comprehensive immigration bill by this summer , I bet in your head we are still going to b sub-humans even though we gonna have the same benefits.I think you need to reconsider you sources of information.
Look beaner, the illegals that come here to steal from us are mostly low educated, low skilled, bottom of the barrel rejects, that cant make it in the craphole countries they created and refuse to modernize, and then ran away from like cowards.
They dont have the common sense to stop having kids they CANNOT SUPPORT and bring that low life mentality with them.
They are needy USERS and thieves that America simply cannot support.

Even a lifeboat sinks when it is overcrowded.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jan 29, 2013
 
SI SE PUEDE wrote:
<quoted text>yes! and this time around They both seem to be tuned in the importance of approving this measure once and for all!
They both who? The democratic controlled senate? This is how it works after the senate takes all of their bows for the bill, the bill is taken to the republican controlled house. The part of the government where Rep. Steve King wants to close down birthright citizenship with his bill HR 140. And anti illegal alien U.S. Rep. Lou Barletta, he hates illegal aliens.

"Mayor Lou Barletta made a name for himself, on a national scale, by taking a tough stance against illegal aliens in his city’s midst, coming under intense fire for his efforts. LuzerneCounty supporters of Barletta’s anti-illegal alien policies were beginning to wonder what the former mayor was up to and if he still carried a passion for the issue.

It may have taken a few months, but Congressman Barletta did not disappoint. In a press release last week, the freshman Congressman from Hazleton declared the fight is still on, announcing the creation of a new caucus that “closely examines American immigration policy and offers ways to stop illegal immigration.” The caucus will be comprised of other freshman members of the House.

If that announcement didn’t start opponents of illegal immigration cheering, the next one probably did. Barletta also announced the drafting of his first piece of legislation, the MASC Act (Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities) a bill that aims to crack down on sanctuary cities by withholding federal funds as long as their illegal alien friendly policies remain in effect.

In conjunction with his newly forming caucus and initial legislation, Barletta has requested a comprehensive list of sanctuary cities from the Congressional Research Service, to include details of the federal funding each receives. The total number of sanctuary cities is unknown, with many being confirmed but others choosing to remain quiet as they pursue policies which run counter to existing federal law. However, such communities exist nationwide and include many large cities such as San Francisco, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Minneapolis, MN; Houston, TX; Anchorage, AL; Cambridge, MA, as listed by a CRS report in 2006."

http://www.examiner.com/article/lou-barletta-...

No amnesty bill is going to pass the house.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jan 29, 2013
 
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
This framework has been done by both republicans and democrats and the House is made of republicans and democrats as well.
This is not hard to understand, the house is controlled by the republicans. The bill will die there no matter how much you believe the hype. This happens all the time. I don't know why the democrats want to draw attention to it when they know it's doomed.

Republicans may put in closing down the 14th amendment birthright citizenship among other things illegal alien supporters will never agree to.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jan 29, 2013
 
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
This framework has been done by both republicans and democrats and the House is made of republicans and democrats as well.


Failed Amnesty Legislation of 1986 Haunts the Current Immigration Bills in Congress

The frame work was there 7 years ago too.

May 2006

"Day in and day out, as the immigration debate boils, the halls of Congress are haunted by the specter of Senate Bill 1200, the failed amnesty legislation of 1986.

President Ronald Reagan signed that bill into law with great fanfare amid promises that it would grant legal status to illegal immigrants, crack down on employers who hired illegal workers and secure the border once and for all. Instead, fraudulent applications tainted the process, many employers continued their illicit hiring practices, and illegal immigration surged.

Today, senators who hope to put the nation's illegal immigrants on a path to citizenship say they have learned from the past. But some members of Congress and former immigration officials fear history will repeat itself.

Even some who favor legalization warn that the current bill, which requires illegal immigrants to submit affidavits, rent receipts and other documents as proof of eligibility, may fuel a wave of fraudulent documents and applications."

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/23/washington... ;

This was 7 years ago, sound familiar?
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

doughty wrote:
<quoted text>
Behold ,coz if you watched obamas speech today , oh wait am forgetting u have no interest In what goes on in your own country and thats why u have little knowlege, n still reffering to immigrants as sub-humans, the bipartisan group have already decided they have to pass the comprehensive immigration bill by this summer , I bet in your head we are still going to b sub-humans even though we gonna have the same benefits.I think you need to reconsider you sources of information.
If it passes, you will also have to pay taxes and SSI for old people like me. So, welcome home.
If it dont pass, will you leave our Country?
Could be a good use of our assult weapons.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jan 29, 2013
 
Ambro2000 wrote:
That's right! Many Americans don't want to accept the change but there is no other choice.
What ever it is you're on, cut the dose. This amnesty is dead in the water. This is going to produce alot of broken hearts and tears. Democrats suckered them in, again!

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

doughty wrote:
<quoted text>
You must b very shallow minded to reffer to your fellow human beings as pukes, u seam miserable n u are pathetic, stupid ass,I have news for you,change is something that pple like u with no brains dont embrace very well,you can call us all names in the world but just kno that an immigration reform
bill went into play early this month that no one can be detained/harassed or deported due to their illigal status, wake up u are in slumber land.
They are still here illegally and have no legal status, that's illegal alien limbo. There will never be a shortage of illegal aliens to deport. Obama has 3 years and 10 months to go, with his policy.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jan 29, 2013
 
ronnie wrote:
Not true. More Asians illegally came here than Latino's but they are less vocal and stay way down under the radar. Mexicans will not qualify and I'm concerned about the ones that do not!!! What will McCain and the other bi-partisan Senators do with those people? They'll never apply, they'll stay in the shadow's exactly like they've been doing and nothing will change. The whole thing is a sham. When the House of Rep. get's a hold of the details, there will be larger debate and far more questions. McCain just told Charlie Rose, no immigration change until our Border is completely secure, as Israel has with it's borders.
"More Asians illegally came here than Latino's"? No wonder 3rd world country are in the crapper with thinking like this by their governments.

62% of illegal aliens are from Mexico, 6% are from Canada and Europe. 24% more is from Latin America and the rest are from Asia and the rest of the world.

Where do you get the Asian number that beats Mexico's 62%?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••