Two competing for register of wills/clerk of orphans court office

May 6, 2011 Read more: InYork 8
York, PA - The register of wills/clerk of orphans court may be one of those positions your average county resident doesn't think about much, or even know about. Read more
BlueBlood

Manchester, PA

#1 May 6, 2011
Send Jacobs to the retirement home. His is one of the "good old boys" politicians. He needs to go!
Joel Fishman

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 May 7, 2011
A bill to amend the constitution has to pass in two consecutive legislatures, not two consecutive sessions. Bills introduced in 2011 will have to be passed in 2013-14 legislature, not 2012, and then be voted upon by the electorate.
In The Know

York, PA

#3 May 7, 2011
I think one reason these county row offices exist is to give the political parties some paid positions for their activist members with taxpayers providing the pay.

This goes for the state row offices like Auditor General and State Treasurer etc. as well.

In the old days I remember seeing the Republican county row officers all gathered around Chairman- Boss John Thompson Sr. on election night to tally up the votes.
No vote from me

Manchester, PA

#4 May 14, 2011
He is one of the good ole boys. In the Dispatch this week his letter to support eshbach was right next to eshbach's letter to support him. I called the Dispatch to ask what that was all about. I was told that if I didn't like it, I shouldn't vote for them. I said, "Okay, I won't"!
watching

York, PA

#5 May 14, 2011
Sollars is a total loser. No background , no experience no.....anything.

If someone wishes to challenge the office holder ( nothing wrong with that) don't send a little boy to do a mans job.

Sollars is 21. Do you want someone in an important position with no background or experience ??
WakeUp

Manchester, PA

#6 May 14, 2011
watching wrote:
If someone wishes to challenge the office holder ( nothing wrong with that) don't send a little boy to do a mans job.
Sollars is 21. Do you want someone in an important position with no background or experience ??
YES!
Taxpayer

York, PA

#7 May 17, 2011
watching wrote:
How can you call someone you dont know a loser? Mark is a very intelligent young man, he has served his community very much and has done his homework in terms with this office and what it entails. The gentleman holding this office right now spends a majority of his time in florida doing absolutely nothing besides putting his john hancock on paperwork as needed, the staff in his office does the rest of the work.

Before you run your mouth with ignorant comments educate yourself on what his plans are and take the time to meet him and ask him the questions you have. You make yourself sound like a "loser" with your unintelligent remarks.
I know

York, PA

#8 May 17, 2011
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you call someone you dont know a loser? Mark is a very intelligent young man, he has served his community very much and has done his homework in terms with this office and what it entails. The gentleman holding this office right now spends a majority of his time in florida doing absolutely nothing besides putting his john hancock on paperwork as needed, the staff in his office does the rest of the work.
Before you run your mouth with ignorant comments educate yourself on what his plans are and take the time to meet him and ask him the questions you have. You make yourself sound like a "loser" with your unintelligent remarks.
Sollars is a complete loser, both literally and figuratively.

He is an uneducated , uncouth , 21 year old kid who has NO common sense and no background. His rash accusations against Jacobs were not supported by any facts , just baseless claims. If he wishes to enter the world of politics, he will have to get a real education and learn how to attack people without sounding like he is doing so.

Otherwise, he will be joining George Zervos for breakfast every morning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlen Specter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sestak ends journey across Pennsylvania in U.S.... Mar 29 Bear 1
News Rabbi Arrested for Selling Kidneys; Should It B... (Jul '09) Mar 19 swedenforever 5
News White House Promises Geneva Protection At Gitmo (Jul '06) Jun '14 swedenforever 50
News Bush blocked DOJ internal probe into domestic s... (Jul '06) Apr '14 swedenforever 7
News 5-Term Senator Says Cancer Has Returned (Apr '08) Sep '13 Devon 3
News William Lamb: A tough prosecutor up against gay... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Sir Andrew 3
News NYT: Congressional town-hall meetings on the de... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RayOne 1
More from around the web