Poll: Obama's international ratings top domestic ones

Dec 18, 2013 Full story: Detroit News 72

President Barack Obama's approval ratings for handling foreign policy issues generally top his ratings for most domestic issues, including the economy and health care, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#1 Dec 18, 2013
this is classic lap dog media ...trumpeting Obama sucking less at foreign policy than domestic policy!

the media let us know in no uncertain terms how poorly Bush was doing on a daily basis... Obama's approval numbers are worse, yet the media somehow finds a way to paint a rainbow on them...
and the left wing loons eat it up like cotton candy!

I would like to meet the 6 in 10 that agree with his Iran policy...
I'm guessing ALL 6 of them work at the white house...
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#2 Dec 18, 2013
carey529 wrote:
Weren't Bush's final approval rating 22 percent?
Mr E

Buffalo, NY

#3 Dec 18, 2013
carey529 wrote:
this is classic lap dog media ...trumpeting Obama sucking less at foreign policy than domestic policy!
the media let us know in no uncertain terms how poorly Bush was doing on a daily basis... Obama's approval numbers are worse, yet the media somehow finds a way to paint a rainbow on them...
and the left wing loons eat it up like cotton candy!
I would like to meet the 6 in 10 that agree with his Iran policy...
I'm guessing ALL 6 of them work at the white house...
Obama's approval rating is at 42%, lowest point was 38%. GW's second term average was 37%, lowest point 25%.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidentia...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obam...

As you see, Obama's approval ratings are not worse than Bush's. They are not much better, but certainly not worse.
Roger Edgar

AOL

#4 Dec 18, 2013
After admitting to the Litany of bold faced lies whcih cost millions of American familiys affordable health care insurance it is hard to imagine any non Progressive Cult Member still trusting Obama.

If the main stream media execs were not colluding with the Whtie House Supreme Soviet, Obama would have already been forced to resign in disgrace.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#7 Dec 18, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's approval rating is at 42%, lowest point was 38%. GW's second term average was 37%, lowest point 25%.
As you see, Obama's approval ratings are not worse than Bush's. They are not much better, but certainly not worse.
Of course Bush had a far higher media handicap than the always covered for Obama.....

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#8 Dec 18, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush was at 25% after the media beat him over the head for 8 years.

Obama has tanked his Presidency all by himself in a matter of weeks. Even with the media still trying to help him.

If he didn't have his media cheerleaders, his approval would be in the single digits.
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#9 Dec 18, 2013
Well, since he was elected be our President, one would hope that he'd have better ratings for what he does INSIDE the country for the betterment of the people of the country.

Foreign policy basically is for helping multi-national corporations have better relationships outside the country so they can make MORE MONEY.

What good is foreign policy for the oridinary citizen of this country??

What happens AT HOME is way more important than what happens outside the country.
buzzer

Greeley, CO

#10 Dec 18, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, buzzboy, you need to go to the ballot and vote if you want "your" president. Your solution is not very productive! LOLL
That's it? My ONE vote will change everything? Well, why didn't you say so earlier?

I vote for smaller government and a robust foreign policy. That there are millions more idiots who are allowed to vote is not my fault. The Democrats have the vote of the stupid, illiterate and greedy, as they always have. They've convinced those fools they can vote themselves endless free sh*t, and the coddling of ruthless dictators, and there will be no consequences.

I can't stop idiots from voting. Reality, however, also has a vote. Unlike the impotence of my single, wimpy vote for sanity, reality can use its one vote to change EVERYTHING.

Liberalism is a child's fairy tale, told by idiots and voted into policy by suckers & morons. None of that is my fault. However, it will be OUR problem eventually.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#12 Dec 18, 2013
ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush's final approval rating bottomed out at 22%- and the corporate-owned, corporate-controlled media kept him going for 8 long years when he clearly should have been impeached and removed from office before he was ever "re-elected".
<< snicker >>
You mean CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC?

They are very harcore conservative organizations.

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

#13 Dec 18, 2013
While all US allies except Britain has diminished their relations with Obama because of Obama’s zigzag and flip-flop policies in the Middle East, Africa and Asia, the liberal communists of the Democrats supports Obama going with the Iranian regime and communistic Russia in effort to make the Iranian regime the new nuke superpower of the middle East and beyond at time when the Iranian regime is using his terrorist organizations to commit genocide of the Syrian Sunnis. The liberal communist Democrats are also satisfied with Obama betrayal of the Christians in the Middle East, Africa and Asia that are victims of the Jihadist Mozlem Brother terrorists that raised their sickening head after Obama took control of the White House in 2009 claiming he was a ‘Christian’. Liberal communist Democrats support Obama release of Taliban terrorists from Gitmo to continue their Jihad war against American people as soon as they released in Saudi Arabia. Obama’s foreign policy betrayed the allies of America as Obama proved to be the loyal supporter of the Jihadist Mozlem brother terrorists of the world who vowed death to America’ while the American fools continue to go blind after the Mozlem Brother Messiah and Biog Iranian Brother in the White House who serves the interests of the enemies of the American people.
Mr E

Buffalo, NY

#15 Dec 18, 2013
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush was at 25% after the media beat him over the head for 8 years.
Obama has tanked his Presidency all by himself in a matter of weeks. Even with the media still trying to help him.
If he didn't have his media cheerleaders, his approval would be in the single digits.
http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2009/02/08/the...

Bush's ratings dropped after starting an unjustified war in Iraq and blowing it with Katrina.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#16 Dec 18, 2013
ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>
All corporate-owned and corporate-controlled cryboy.
Corporations are by nature NOT liberal minded you moron.
The mainstream media IS certainly shallow and sensationalist - they are NOT however liberal.
That's just a smokescreen myth created by the hardcore righties like Kock Bros. & Drugs Limbaugh to try to keep the masses from hating their kind a bit less than they otherwise would.
<< chortle >>
Did all these media organizations change hands when Obama was elected?

Did all these media organizations change their hosts, writers and reporters, when Obama was elected?

Your Dear Leader Emporer has no clothes.

You are clearly suffering from a head injury.
Mr E

Buffalo, NY

#17 Dec 18, 2013
buzzer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it? My ONE vote will change everything? Well, why didn't you say so earlier?
I vote for smaller government and a robust foreign policy. That there are millions more idiots who are allowed to vote is not my fault. The Democrats have the vote of the stupid, illiterate and greedy, as they always have. They've convinced those fools they can vote themselves endless free sh*t, and the coddling of ruthless dictators, and there will be no consequences.
I can't stop idiots from voting. Reality, however, also has a vote. Unlike the impotence of my single, wimpy vote for sanity, reality can use its one vote to change EVERYTHING.
Liberalism is a child's fairy tale, told by idiots and voted into policy by suckers & morons. None of that is my fault. However, it will be OUR problem eventually.
I am a liberal Democrat. I am neither stupid, illiterate, or greedy. I paid my own way through college, I work full time, and pay my bills. I have never collected welfare, even when I qualified for it. I've never even been unemployed. Your blanketed statements are false.
Mr E

Buffalo, NY

#18 Dec 18, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
What good is foreign policy for the oridinary citizen of this country??
Keeping world peace is good for everyone......or would you have rather we nuked Syria?

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#19 Dec 18, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2009/02/08/the...
Bush's ratings dropped after starting an unjustified war in Iraq and blowing it with Katrina.
If the war was unjustified, why did so many Democrats vote for it?

Mary Landreu and Ray Nagen had nothing to do with the Katrina response, did they?

Like I said, it took the media 8 years to drive down Bush's poll numbers.

Obama's lies and deception are destorying him in a matter of weeks. Even with Matthews, Maddow, Schultz, and others kissing his ass.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#21 Dec 18, 2013
Since foreigners like him so much, they can have him.
Perhaps Obama should move to Russia. He could take a room next to Snowden. I'm sure Putin will welcome his buddy.
Center-Left Conservative

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Dec 18, 2013
I am disgusted by the level of ignorance and hate that people who claim to be conservative spread out. I have not agreed with many of this President's policies but I am patriotic enough to know that it is a good thing when the world has a positive opinion of our President and this country. Some of you on here have a lot of built up anger that is being misdirected towards President Obama. I've been around long enough to remember how bad things were when George W. Bush was in the White house and how we were seen around the world. I can say thank you President Obama, why can the rest of you so called "conservatives"?
Mr E

Buffalo, NY

#23 Dec 18, 2013
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
If the war was unjustified, why did so many Democrats vote for it?
Mary Landreu and Ray Nagen had nothing to do with the Katrina response, did they?
Like I said, it took the media 8 years to drive down Bush's poll numbers.
Obama's lies and deception are destorying him in a matter of weeks. Even with Matthews, Maddow, Schultz, and others kissing his ass.
Maybe you don't remember the "they have weapons of mass destruction" lie......

usa

#24 Dec 18, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't Bush's final approval rating 22 percent?
we don't know what Obama's final approval ratings will be...
at this point in time, Bush was doing better...even with the media on his ass daily.

usa

#25 Dec 18, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping world peace is good for everyone......or would you have rather we nuked Syria?
where in this world is there peace, dimwit?????
we have soldiers fighting EVERYWHERE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min jacques Ottawau 181,699
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Portlandia 1,153,019
How 2014 Was the Beginning of the End for the G... 6 min CordwienerLout 9
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 15 min Uncle Bob 1,331
Colin Powell: GOP Looks Down On Minorities"Ther... (Jan '13) 18 min Swedenforever 14
Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush lead GOP 2016 field 19 min barefoot2626 19
Tea party leader arrested in Miss. Senate race ... 25 min Swedenforever 53