What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10317 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

jackson

Lexington, KY

#10382 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually... it is.
What a shame 90 percent of Americans who insist common sense dictates there should be background checks have people like you insisting you'd rather risk selling firearms unchecked to felons because any day now- after 245 years- the government is going to swoop in and take guns and enslave the entire population.
Paranoid.
Honest people don't mind the background checks. I think they're ok. But criminals will always have whatever weapons they want. They don't buy guns where registration or background checks are required. So they don't buy from gun shows? They don't care. They probably don't buy from gun shows anyway.
Do you believe it's impossible for someone or a group of someones to work their way into positions of power? I don't believe anything is impossible, especially after the planes flew into towers and bombs exploded at a marathon. Those people all worked and lived among us, some as friends.
Background checks? For pressure cookers? How far do you go.
It doesn't matter. People who have evil in them will use whatever is available to them. Background checks won't stop that. Banning AK47s won't stop that either.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10383 May 3, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>
People like me stood up and fought and took our country back.
No you didn't, you yellow turd. People like you lived in warm houses while people like me and mine lived in tents in the snow twenty miles away.

We didn't take a country back; we made a country.

And you ran away to Canada or if you had money got back on the boat and headed back to Liverpool.

Location hidden

#10384 May 3, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Honest people don't mind the background checks. I think they're ok. But criminals will always have whatever weapons they want.
Felons will always have guns as long as people are willing to sell them or leave them unlocked so they are stolen by teenagers playing hookie from school.

Location hidden

#10385 May 3, 2013
jackson wrote:
They probably don't buy from gun shows anyway.
What planet are you on?

They (for the most part are smart enough) don't buy from gun shows in the handful of states that require everyone who sells a gun to use the background check system.

Gun shows in most states are held on GOVERNMENT property so taxpayers are at least to some degree aiding and abetting sales to felons.

Location hidden

#10386 May 3, 2013
jackson wrote:
Background checks? For pressure cookers? How far do you go.
I see, so if someone can make a bomb using a pressure cooker, there is no sense in any gun laws - no sense in even making it illegal to sell guns to felons since people like you can't be bothered to even check.

Location hidden

#10387 May 3, 2013
jackson wrote:
They don't buy guns where registration or background checks are required.
So they don't have a problem going to Kentucky gun shows.
Lars Vilks

Lockhart, TX

#10388 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>No you didn't, you yellow turd. People like you lived in warm houses while people like me and mine lived in tents in the snow twenty miles away.

We didn't take a country back; we made a country.

And you ran away to Canada or if you had money got back on the boat and headed back to Liverpool.
People like you bent over and took it. Just like you're doing now. You're a coward. You won't stand up and fight like me. You want a happy peaceful Utopia. You won't get it as long as Muslims are around. The very Muslims you love even though they love to blow up Americans. You hate Christians though. You despise them. All the while you invite the Muslims in with open arms. And they stab you in the back every time. You say they're peaceful. Yet, everything they do is violent.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10389 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, so if someone can make a bomb using a pressure cooker, there is no sense in any gun laws - no sense in even making it illegal to sell guns to felons since people like you can't be bothered to even check.
Felons don't have to buy guns from gun shows. They get them on the street from other felons or ne'er-do'wells. I don't have a problem with requiring background checks at gun shows. What I'm saying is, even if there are background checks required in every state at every gun show, it won't stop criminals from buying guns somewhere else.
If I had a gun I wanted to get rid of, I would find out the legal way to sell it (I have no clue what that is) or just give it to the police and let them deal with it. I don't own any guns so I'm unfamiliar with proper procedure.
You don't know me -- don't generalize about "people like me". That is offensive.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10390 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So they don't have a problem going to Kentucky gun shows.
I don't live in Kentucky. The server I use is located there. Don't presume you know me -- you don't.
Lars Vilks

Lockhart, TX

#10391 May 3, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>Felons don't have to buy guns from gun shows. They get them on the street from other felons or ne'er-do'wells. I don't have a problem with requiring background checks at gun shows. What I'm saying is, even if there are background checks required in every state at every gun show, it won't stop criminals from buying guns somewhere else.
If I had a gun I wanted to get rid of, I would find out the legal way to sell it (I have no clue what that is) or just give it to the police and let them deal with it. I don't own any guns so I'm unfamiliar with proper procedure.
You don't know me -- don't generalize about "people like me". That is offensive.
Barefoot is not very smart. You'll see.

Here they are at the computer.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture...

Location hidden

#10392 May 3, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in Kentucky. The server I use is located there. Don't presume you know me -- you don't.
Don't presume I presume I know you or care. Kentucky doesn't require background checks in the taxpayer fairgrounds for private sales.

Shall I go down the list until I hit yours?

Location hidden

#10393 May 3, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>
Barefoot is not very smart. You'll see.
As long as I am more than two steps in front of you, honey.

For one, I don't have to pick funny pictures off the internet and pretend they make a point.

As I have pointed out to you before under another alias.

Location hidden

#10394 May 3, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Felons don't have to buy guns from gun shows.
They certainly do buy them from gun shows- like in Kentucky- where like everyone else they can pick and choose from thousands of guns and hundreds of gun sellers who do not care if they are selling to felons and wife beaters.

Location hidden

#10395 May 3, 2013
jackson wrote:
If I had a gun I wanted to get rid of, I would find out the legal way to sell it
You'd take it to a gun show and you could sell it to anyone that gives you the cash unless they say: HEY! I can't legally buy this gun you are selling me, you forgot to ask!

Do let me know if you are willing to put people in prison for selling guns to felons without regard to whether or not they knew they were felons.

I am.

I say: universal background checks aren't needed if you put both the seller and the buyer in jail, I say make it a year in prison and split the sentence, six months each.

Unless the buyer wants to flip and the seller can serve the entire year.

Location hidden

#10396 May 3, 2013
jackson wrote:
Poor baby: either you support background checks, or you don't. If you don't then take responsibility for your position and that includes the FACT that you support selling firearms to strangers you don't know who will include wife beaters and felons and the mentally wacko'd.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10397 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't presume I presume I know you or care. Kentucky doesn't require background checks in the taxpayer fairgrounds for private sales.
Shall I go down the list until I hit yours?
I have said I don't care about background checks -- thank you for the offer, but don't bother. I already know about my state.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10398 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They certainly do buy them from gun shows- like in Kentucky- where like everyone else they can pick and choose from thousands of guns and hundreds of gun sellers who do not care if they are selling to felons and wife beaters.
If all states require background checks at all gunshows, fairgrounds, wherever, it won't matter. Criminals will find them elsewhere without a problem, or use another weapon of choice -- say pressure cookers. Bad guys will always find a way to accomplish evil deeds, regardless of laws. They don't care about laws. We have many, many laws already on the books, they won't care about breaking more.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10399 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor baby: either you support background checks, or you don't. If you don't then take responsibility for your position and that includes the FACT that you support selling firearms to strangers you don't know who will include wife beaters and felons and the mentally wacko'd.
How many times do I have to tell you -- I DON'T CARE ABOUT BACKGROUND CHECKS. It doesn't matter whether I support them or not. If the people want background checks, fine, but I am aware enough to know it won't matter to those who wish to commit crimes. I take responsibility for my position whether you agree with it or not.
Why do you believe it will make a difference? Those "wife beaters and felons and the mentally wacko'd" will find other ways to achieve their objectives.
How many more laws do you think we will need to stop every crime? This may stop some people from buying guns at gun shows and wherever else. It won't stop them from committing a crime if that's their decision.
Get off your high horse.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10400 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd take it to a gun show and you could sell it to anyone that gives you the cash unless they say: HEY! I can't legally buy this gun you are selling me, you forgot to ask!
Do let me know if you are willing to put people in prison for selling guns to felons without regard to whether or not they knew they were felons.
I am.
I say: universal background checks aren't needed if you put both the seller and the buyer in jail, I say make it a year in prison and split the sentence, six months each.
Unless the buyer wants to flip and the seller can serve the entire year.
There you go again, presuming you know me. I would most definitely NOT take it to a gun show.
If it is legal to sell guns at a gun show without a background check, then the seller did not break the law. I am most certainly not a fan of putting people in jail who have not broken any law.
I get it - you want universal background checks for all gun sales -- that's fine. I understand. All I'm saying is that if background checks are required, someone bent on committing a crime will find alternate means by which to commit it.
You needn't get nasty.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#10401 May 3, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>People like him? You mean law abiding citizens? We know you don't. We've know all along that your kind loves criminals. No one talks about the dozens of murders in Chicago by criminals each month. Your kind attack the law abiding people.
Check the mass shooters in this country.
They are your kind of people.
Gun toting, beer drinking, self indulged neo-con shitheads.
Mass killings lately and before are usually done by the boy next door who worships the NRA.

Killing in Chicago?!?!? Are you fkn kidding me?
That's the city of Al Capone and a corrupt police force. They've been killing each other before you were born.

Wake up sheep. The world is a big place. Join us. Or not. I'd rather you didn't to be quite honest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Surgit Tempestas 1,420,890
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 222,839
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 13 min NotSoDivineMsM 418
News Poll: Most young people dislike Trump, say he's... 28 min Mike NY 4
News The Latest: McCain defeats challengers in Repub... 33 min In Got We Trust 1
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 35 min Gov Corbutt of th... 141
News Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in black... 42 min Chilli J 59
More from around the web