What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10313 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#8840 Feb 24, 2013
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I understand that, I was just remarking on how whenever the people on the left make any remarks about President Bush the people on the right jump in with "Bush isn't president anymore" but if the people on the left mention President Obama getting Osama Bin Laden, or the right pitching a fit as to who won, the right then brings up President Bush as being relevant. My point being, if it's ancient history for one set of issues, it's ancient history for all issues involving President Bush.
If I murder your child today...and a years time passes, it does not erase the fact that your child is dead and that I murdered her, nor does it erase the pain and suffering your family endures. Though we could say "get over it!" "That's ancient history"...truth be told, I am guilty of that crime. You will have to deal with that suffering forever. Bush and Cheney did this mess to our country. You cannot deny that fact. This president is trying to fix it. Why criticize HIM and glorify the murder? Would you glorify the murderer of your child? That to me is insane!
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#8841 Feb 24, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you agree to a slight change in Obamacare? Make participation optional. You leftists could subscribe to gubbermint-managed health care, provide free health care to the Noble Poor, etc. and all costs could be taken from a fund that the subscribers contribute to. No money could be taken from any budget other than the money contributed by the subscribers.
All those wanting PRIVATE health care can opt out and NOT have the cost taken out of their paychecks. Their health care is their responsibility, and also their providers can refuse health care to people that aren't subscribers and those who can't pay.
You have your gubbermint health care, we have our private health care. And we aren't obligated to pay for your gubbermint system.
Game?
Of course you aren't. That's the Dirty Little Secret about all leftist schemes. They simply want SOMEBODY ELSE to pay for what they want. Find a rich guy, take his money, give it to me.
You leftists are overgrown toddlers. You depend on successful people to make your life better. Without the Evil Rich people you despise paying the bills, you are helpless.
Pathetic.
Why are you still crying over Obamacare? It's a done deal. This is the problem with conservative republicans. They don't know how to accept what is. We have many many concerns that need to be dealt with. Let's move in THAT direction. Forward>>>>> >>>>
blaster

South Boston, VA

#8843 Feb 24, 2013
As I said the election taught us, if you give a man a fish he will eat for a day, if you give him welfare, section 8 housing, foodstamps, medicaid, some air jordans , and a crackpipe, he will vote democrate, almost half of americans on government help yey!!! just wait till its more and of course our taxes are more now thanks to so much hope n change. Then we have the rethugs, same design by the same masters to rob rape and make america a third world country
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#8844 Feb 24, 2013
blaster wrote:
As I said the election taught us, if you give a man a fish he will eat for a day, if you give him welfare, section 8 housing, foodstamps, medicaid, some air jordans , and a crackpipe, he will vote democrate, almost half of americans on government help yey!!! just wait till its more and of course our taxes are more now thanks to so much hope n change. Then we have the rethugs, same design by the same masters to rob rape and make america a third world country
IF you really believe that, I have some prime real estate I want to show you. Bargain priced. Worth 150 Million and it's yours for $55.000 if you send it in Right Now! Interested?
blaster

South Boston, VA

#8845 Feb 24, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>
IF you really believe that, I have some prime real estate I want to show you. Bargain priced. Worth 150 Million and it's yours for $55.000 if you send it in Right Now! Interested?
You have said nothing but agreeing with the truth

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8846 Feb 24, 2013
blaster wrote:
As I said the election taught us
you don't get any smarter if you have to repeat it.
drink the hive

Anonymous Proxy

#8847 Feb 24, 2013
They've Done A Great Job With That...

http://zounz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/m...
blaster

South Boston, VA

#8848 Feb 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't get any smarter if you have to repeat it.
You dont get any more food stamps when mass arrests occur and all your handout criminals are arrested and tried for treason

Location hidden

#8849 Feb 24, 2013
blaster wrote:
You dont get any more food stamps
I'm sure you know a lot more about the rules concerning food stamps, eh?
blaster

South Boston, VA

#8850 Feb 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you know a lot more about the rules concerning food stamps, eh?
Really, how did you get on your mom's computor, dont you have some rocks to sell

Location hidden

#8851 Feb 24, 2013
blaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, how did you get on your mom's computor, dont you have some rocks to sell
Seriously: why do you spell worse than someone in the seventh grade?
Billy Ringo

New York, NY

#8852 Feb 24, 2013
blaster wrote:
Yeah, that was pretty much Etchy's campaign theme.

Worked well for him.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#8854 Feb 24, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you still crying over Obamacare? It's a done deal. This is the problem with conservative republicans. They don't know how to accept what is. We have many many concerns that need to be dealt with. Let's move in THAT direction. Forward>>>>> >>>>
Yes, it is a "done deal". You parasites won the election, you can nuzzle up to the gubbermint teat and suckle.

My question to you, which you can't seem to respond to, is ARE YOU EMBARRASSED for being such an incompetent parasite? Does it bug you that you can't live without us, but we can live very comfortably without you? Do you ever expect to grow up? When you were a kid, did you fantasize about growing up and depending on others to feed you, take care of you? If (heaven forbid) you have children, do you teach them to be an underachiever like you?
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#8855 Feb 24, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is a "done deal". You parasites won the election, you can nuzzle up to the gubbermint teat and suckle.
My question to you, which you can't seem to respond to, is ARE YOU EMBARRASSED for being such an incompetent parasite? Does it bug you that you can't live without us, but we can live very comfortably without you? Do you ever expect to grow up? When you were a kid, did you fantasize about growing up and depending on others to feed you, take care of you? If (heaven forbid) you have children, do you teach them to be an underachiever like you?
You speak the language of a fool. I only studies, Spanish,French and Arabic.
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#8856 Feb 24, 2013
Studied... French, Spanish and Arabic.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#8857 Feb 25, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the WMDs?
Where did Valerie Plame say they were before Robert Novak outed her?
Valerie Plame is the only reason the WMDs were put on the list with the 18 UN resolutions being violated.
It looks like your biggest complaint about Iraq, other than you supported the operation, is your Valerie Plame is responsible.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#8858 Feb 25, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Addressing yourself? In the plural no less.
<quoted text>
Pop quiz, moron. Is the department of defense beholden to the executive, yes or no?
Same question for the state department, yes or no?
Whoops, guess you shot off your mouth before your brain engaged... Again.
Pop quiz, dufus:

Can the Secretary of State give orders to the Department of Defense?
The correct answer is "no".
The party line is, the president was watching Al Qaeda kill Americans on the real-time video feed sitting with the Secretary of Defense.
Orders were issued to the AC-1360 and Force Recon Marine units to disregard their default orders to respond to an attack on the embassy in Libya while the real-time video was being watched in the White House.
Obviously, those orders had to come from the White House.

So, who in the White House gave those orders?

We know who. It was Vallerie Jarrett. Obama wasn't even involved, as usual.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#8859 Feb 25, 2013
typo
AC-130...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#8860 Feb 25, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww, how cute. You are trying to negate the question by offering one of your own.
Back to the question I asked, which is why is this incident more important than the 12 under Bushís watch, which left 60 dead?
Answer me that, and I will consider answering your inept question, which like the witch hunt in congress is a waste of time. Gee, I guess thatís your answer.
<quoted text>
Obvious fact, There were 12 attacks upon our diplomatic corps under the shrub, leaving 60 Americans dead. Democrats didnít waste the countryís time attempting to win political points on the basis of national tragedies. Republicans did, during the same period, reduce funds for security for our diplomatic missions.
Oh, and just to help you look like less of an idiot, if thatís possible; the word is God-da**ed; unless, of course, you wish to invoke the almighty to create a levee.
Obvious fact: You are attempting to avoid answering the question.
Another obvious fact: Bush isn't president.

Now, back to the question you run away from like a dog escaping from Michael Vick's house:

Who in the White House gave the orders for the AC-130 and Force Recon Marines to disregard their default orders of responding to an attack on our embassy in Libya while the White House watched Al Qaeda kill the Americans on the real-time video feed?

If you want an answer to your question, you have to ask yourself why your NBC, CBS, CNN and MSNBC hid that information from you. Why do you think the so-called "main stream" news organizations want you to be ignorant?
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#8861 Feb 25, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak the language of a fool. I only studies, Spanish,French and Arabic.
Work on your English.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Hidingfromyou 42,597
News Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should've resigned ove... 14 min too much 157
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Jacques Ottawa 1,643,990
News Trump all but endorses GOP's Moore despite sex ... 27 min NotSoDivineMsM 80
News Sen. Al Franken accused of inappropriate behavi... 32 min Ronald 156
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 39 min Tm Cln 4,244
News Trump won't campaign for Alabama's Roy Moore am... 1 hr Trump is a joke 60
More from around the web