What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10313 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Bobby Tumlinson

Llano, TX

#27 Nov 7, 2012
Oh my gosh. I was obviously be sarcastic!! Goodness.
Bobby Tumlinson

Llano, TX

#28 Nov 7, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
But, Paul Ryan was on welfare and Warren Buffett works and pays taxes. Do you always speak in absolute falsehoods?
Please, the election is OVER. Stop LYING.

I assumed sarcasm would have been inferred.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#29 Nov 7, 2012
I prayed that America would not elect a president with secret bank accounts in the Cayman Islands.

Call me old-fashioned, but I guess I see that as PROOF of love for America.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#30 Nov 7, 2012
Bobby Tumlinson wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the second part? I though a sarcastic undertone would have been inferred.
Obviously it's a ridiculous notion to believe either statement would be an accurate portrayal of the whole, on either side of the aisle.
There were clear and stark contrasts. America VOTED. Not both sides of the aisles need to put America first. The cliff is months away.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#31 Nov 7, 2012
Bobby Tumlinson wrote:
You're probably a nice person, but try to work on your delivery. Comedy isn't for everyone. Even I've made mistakes. Don't give up, if you really love your craft. Practice practice practice.

Sometimes the direct approach works best.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#32 Nov 7, 2012
cjrian wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't God
Unless, of course, God is angry
I have a feeling that God doesn't give a tinker's dam one way
or the other and that He really doesn't take sides in the outcomes of football games.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#33 Nov 7, 2012
As far as lessons learned, I can't help but wonder if maybe the Republicans should have insisted just a little more on seeing President Obama's birth certificate.

After all, don't we all still have doubts and feel that THAT is what our country needs MOST?

LOL

(Pssssssst,Bobby Tumlinson, adding the "LOL" helps with the sarcasm inferences.)
Bob

De Forest, WI

#34 Nov 7, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
What the 2012 elections taught us is that Mitt Romney was absolutely correct:
"Now and then you're gonna say something that doesn't come out right"
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#35 Nov 7, 2012
Bobby Tumlinson wrote:
That apparently there are only two types of people in our country. Republicans who are aggressive with their lives and show it through their hard work. And Democrats who are apathetic and show it through receiving massive amounts of handouts.
Since obviously there has never, ever been a Republican who needed help and taken welfare or a Democrat who has held down a steady job and paid his/her taxes to be used at the discretion of their government!
Geesh...get.over.it!
"Hard work" is not sitting back and waiting for the government to give you a tax cut as government welfare. Geesh....get over your holier than thou opinion. If you want more money....go work harder like the rest of us Americans.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#36 Nov 7, 2012
Bobby Tumlinson wrote:
Bwahaha...ok. I guess I didn't pick up on it either. ;)
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#37 Nov 7, 2012
What the 2012 election taught us...

....the GOP TEA RINO Party put up the same phony conservative candidate they've been putting up for years....and America rejected him.
Bob

De Forest, WI

#38 Nov 7, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
....the GOP TEA RINO Party put up the same phony conservative candidate they've been putting up for years....and America rejected him.
And...lets not forget Karl Rove and his "American Crossroads" PAC.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#41 Nov 7, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
That America IS Left of Center.
The political theater is over. It was well scripted.
Maybe in 4 more years the GOP will put a REAL conservative up for a change.
Welcome to America, a new third world country.

President Kennedy said, ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNRTY..........has now been reversed by the liberals and the couch potatoes of America.

Paris

#42 Nov 7, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
Sorry moron, winning didn't make your IQ go up. It is the establishment candidate that that lost, just as with McCain and Dole. They have now committed political hari kari, and will no longer be allowed into political circles without their walkers and the batteries to their Pick a Candidate OUJI BOARD.

Paris

#43 Nov 7, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hard work" is not sitting back and waiting for the government to give you a tax cut as government welfare. Geesh....get over your holier than thou opinion. If you want more money....go work harder like the rest of us Americans.
Since you don't pay taxes, what do you care.
Wisdom over Dem Stupidity

Apopka, FL

#44 Nov 7, 2012
It taught us Americans are ruled by some of the dumbest people on the planet.

It taught us the Media Lying for Obama made matters worse.

It taught us that a Criminal may be re-elected president by these same dumb Americans and Lying Media.

Wisdom over Dem Stupidity

Apopka, FL

#45 Nov 7, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
There were clear and stark contrasts. America VOTED. Not both sides of the aisles need to put America first. The cliff is months away.

You're an Idiot. THIS IS OBAMA'S & Democrats FINANCIAL CLIFF. All that jerk Obama had to do was accept his own Debt Commissions Recommendations.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#46 Nov 7, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you aren't a BELIEVER in the GRACE of GOD.
A nation that murders millions of it's own children in the womb does not deserve the "Grace of God".

No, I'd say Obama's election, and re-election, is more like a curse.

Paris

#47 Nov 7, 2012
FLASH: THIS JUST IN FROM THE TRUTH ARE US NETWORK..........

OBAMA HAS WON RE-ELECTION AND AS IN ALL ELECTIONS IT MUST BE STUDIED HOW..........

The Main Stream Media : Reported on Flukes, Blew out of proportions the comments of two senators about rape, and failed to engage Obama on Libya, the Economy or the lack of response to Sandy. They controled the message and the messanger. Long live the media.

The Main Stream Media did as with Hitlers Propaganda Machine..........convenienced enough people to vote for the opposite of what they thought they were voting for. The Liberals convenienced the women that republicans were going to over turn Roe and was going to put lock boxes on their crotches.

The Main Stream Media has now a third world country to try and pump up as the liberal's reality of taxes, and entitlements actually come home to roost as the bills for both come due.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#48 Nov 7, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
You've been proved an unaccomplished buffon with no knowledge of politics. You bought into your own bulllshit and went down in a brilliant fireball.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Whiskey Ben Solo 16,551
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,565,046
News Donald Trump's lawyers seek to undercut Mueller... 2 min Retribution 70
News Democrats Announce Bipartisan Agreement on Sanc... 26 min RushFan666 18
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min loose cannon 242,268
News GOP favor dropping tax beneficial to blue states 38 min CodeTalker 1
News Burchett: I'm running for U.S. House or Senate ... 1 hr Thinking out loud 211
More from around the web