Intel chief says "national cry" neede...

Intel chief says "national cry" needed to combat Russian election meddling

There are 53 comments on the CBS News story from Feb 14, 2018, titled Intel chief says "national cry" needed to combat Russian election meddling. In it, CBS News reports that:

In an open session of the Senate committee's annual Worldwide Threat Assessment hearing on Tuesday, all six intelligence chiefs told Vice Chairman Sen. Mark Warner, D-Virginia, that they stood by the conclusions of a January 2017 assessment that said the Russian government -- at President Vladimir Putin's instruction -- "That this is going to happen, and the resilience needed for us to stand up and say we're not going to allow some Russian to tell us how to vote, how to run our country," Coats, who leads the nation's 17 intelligence agencies, said. "I think there needs to be a national cry for that."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The National Cry Baby

Bronx, NY

#1 Feb 14, 2018
In that case I must cast my vote for Sen. Chuck Schumer of NY. He can cry crocodile tears on cue. As evidenced in the past.
The National Cry Baby

Bronx, NY

#2 Feb 14, 2018
That's only for illegal aliens you say? Oh. Never mind.
Truth

San Jose, CA

#3 Feb 14, 2018
The unhinged libitards will be crying and reach for their Preparation H when Hillary’s collusion is exposed.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Rivetville

#4 Feb 14, 2018
Truth wrote:
The unhinged libitards will be crying and reach for their Preparation H when Hillary’s collusion is exposed.
She hasn't a chance in hell of being vindicated either.
Trump s Birtherexorcism

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Feb 14, 2018
If it quacks like Cold Warmongering....

"Russiagate or Intelgate?
"The publication of the Republican House Committee memo and reports of other documents increasingly suggest not only a 'Russiagate' without Russia but also something darker: The 'collusion' may not have been in the White House or the Kremlin.
"Stephen F. Cohen"
thenation.com/authors/stephen-f-cohen/

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6 Feb 14, 2018
Truth wrote:
The unhinged libitards will be crying and reach for their Preparation H when Hillary’s collusion is exposed.
You can reach for yours now, you hemorrhoid.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Rivetville

#8 Feb 14, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You can reach for yours now, you hemorrhoid.
You had better reach for yours too.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/now-availab...
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#9 Feb 14, 2018
Which is more despicable, the ravings of the radical Right or the babblings of the far Left Philly flimflam artist?

Truth is one thing you'll rarely hear, here. Lawrence Wolf is the only sane one.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Rivetville

#10 Feb 14, 2018
mr gleeble wrote:
Which is more despicable, the ravings of the radical Right or the babblings of the far Left Philly flimflam artist?

Truth is one thing you'll rarely hear, here. Lawrence Wolf is the only sane one.
You make a lousy cheerleader.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Feb 14, 2018
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>You had better reach for yours too.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/now-availab...
The only link I want from you is the one that chains you to your outhouse.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 Feb 14, 2018
mr gleeble wrote:
Which is more despicable, the ravings of the radical Right or the babblings of the far Left Philly flimflam artist?

Truth is one thing you'll rarely hear, here. Lawrence Wolf is the only sane one.
Absolutely brilliant comment!!:>)
Trump s Birtherexorcism

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Feb 14, 2018
mr gleeble wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is more despicable, the ravings of the radical Right or the babblings of the far Left Philly flimflam artist?
You're a gasbag inadvertently propelling a dangerous Cold Warmongering campaign from the same people who gave us "Iraq WMDs" simply because you, correctly, find Ill Duce Trump odious.

You are stupid, fact free. You don't know anything about "hacking." You have no sources other than intelligence agency sources as vaguely summarized in the mass media for this whole bizarre, ever evolving narrative. You misstate even what the intel services themselves claim in this regard, routinely saying that Russia "influenced" our elections. No one says that except for hyperventilating, ignorant you.

Meanwhile, we know who de facto fixed the election successfully...but the corporate media has an utter blackout on that topix. Anyone can see this pattern of propaganda and accompanying suppression is all Cold War driven, not fact driven.

The massive election-rigging scandal the media ignored
https://www.salon.com/2017/01/10/the-massive-...
Benjamin Allen Sullivan

Washington, DC

#17 Feb 15, 2018
This is "Russia-Gate;Murder-Gate " This is the Truth:
http://www.basrc.biz/help
I need your help now - my life depends on it!!!
Trump s Birtherexorcism

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Feb 15, 2018
Known perjurer Clapper was making the rounds again.

Now, completely contradicting the earlier narrative on "Russian hacking" he suddenly is of the opinion that "some" voters were probably swayed by Russian trolls. That's a completely unsupported narrative, it's a completely vague assertion, and the obvious question is why Russian trolls are so much more persuasive than R. or D. ones? It's nonsense.

And Clapper's suggestion to combat this "Russian hacking"? A United States Information Agency re tread to "help" Americans disregard certain information during elections.... I guess marginalizing Bernie Sanders is no longer considered reliable enough, considering how close he came to unseating Hillary Clinton as the nominee...close enough in fact that the DNC had to by any reasonable definition cheat to stop him. Now we get government sponsored propaganda for our elections, in order to keep us from somehow being swayed by Russian bots and trolls who are so, so, so much more persuasive than fox news charnel or the nyt....
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#19 Feb 15, 2018
Trump s Birtherexorcism wrote:
Known perjurer Clapper was making the rounds again.

Now, completely contradicting the earlier narrative on "Russian hacking" he suddenly is of the opinion that "some" voters were probably swayed by Russian trolls. That's a completely unsupported narrative, it's a completely vague assertion, and the obvious question is why Russian trolls are so much more persuasive than R. or D. ones? It's nonsense.

And Clapper's suggestion to combat this "Russian hacking"? A United States Information Agency re tread to "help" Americans disregard certain information during elections.... I guess marginalizing Bernie Sanders is no longer considered reliable enough, considering how close he came to unseating Hillary Clinton as the nominee...close enough in fact that the DNC had to by any reasonable definition cheat to stop him. Now we get government sponsored propaganda for our elections, in order to keep us from somehow being swayed by Russian bots and trolls who are so, so, so much more persuasive than fox news charnel or the nyt....
When your first statement is a lie - "..known perjurer Clapper" - then you know the rest of the claims are BS, too.

Do you get paid by the post, Putinist?
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#20 Feb 15, 2018
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>You make a lousy cheerleader.
Cheerleading is for airheads.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Rivetville

#22 Feb 15, 2018
mr gleeble wrote:
<quoted text>

Cheerleading is for airheads.
I agree and you should stop it. It detracts from your credibility like those like you say it detracts from mine. Hypocrite.

“Adopt, Don't Shop!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#23 Feb 15, 2018
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I agree and you should stop it. It detracts from your credibility like those like you say it detracts from mine. Hypocrite.
YOU have the nerve to address 'credibility' when you peddle your fake FIRM around like it actually exists? You're one of the most ridiculous cheerleaders on this site with your 'the Firm agrees', ad nauseam. Get a life, seriously.........smh......

*stichwort das uebliche*

“Adopt, Don't Shop!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#25 Feb 15, 2018
NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
<quoted text>

YOU have the nerve to address 'credibility' when you peddle your fake FIRM around like it actually exists? You're one of the most ridiculous cheerleaders on this site with your 'the Firm agrees', ad nauseam. Get a life, seriously.........smh......

*stichwort das uebliche*
*addendum*

positronium
“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”
Since: Jan 08
61,040
Has been crowned Reigning Champ Forum Owner 10 Year anniversary as a registered user
Location hidden
#84332 6 hrs ago

The Firm agree. Those that claim to be vigilant who ignore red flag warnings to them is problem #2, however.

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TFTAJI5F156B2LP... post84332

By the way, it's those WHO claim. You're welcome..........

*smirk*

“Adopt, Don't Shop!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#26 Feb 15, 2018
*nice try QUEERKY*

Overrating my posts won't make them disappear but KNOCK YOURSELF OUT, ya hear?

*chuckle*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min San Souci 1,816,066
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 21 min Hukt on Fonix 101,736
News Can America Ever Come Together Again? 31 min Tea Bag Residue C... 148
News Senate confirms more Trump judges 37 min Say What 135
News a Gop brothel owner running for office in Nevad... 1 hr the truth and you... 16
News Fearful of losing Roe, left pushes Schumer for ... 1 hr Annie Oakly 14
News Sen. Susan Collins says Kavanaugh sees Roe v. W... 2 hr davy 6