Sen. Hatch: Obama fiscal proposal 'cl...

Sen. Hatch: Obama fiscal proposal 'classic bait and switch'

There are 6 comments on the thehill.com story from Dec 2, 2012, titled Sen. Hatch: Obama fiscal proposal 'classic bait and switch'. In it, thehill.com reports that:

"What [Obama] proposed this week was a classic bait and switch on the American people—a tax increase double the size of what he campaigned on, billions of dollars in new stimulus spending and an unlimited, unchecked authority to borrow from the Chinese," Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said in Saturday's weekly GOP address.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thehill.com.

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 2, 2012
He went on to say:
"Maybe I missed it but I don’t recall him asking for any of that during the presidential campaign. These ideas are so radical that they have already been rejected on a bipartisan basis by Congress."

Obama is a radical, I knew the only reason he has pushed raising taxes so much is NOT to lower our annual deficits or total debt but to give his administration more money to spend.
Is this what YOU re-elected?
Smith Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#2 Dec 4, 2012
It will be something to see how the economy is addressed next year. Taxes are going to be raised but no one wants to get on board with spending cuts it would seem.
I am at a point where I say raise taxes and lets see what happens, people been saying it won't affect the economy so raise them and lets see.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Go after the Greedy Rich B-stards

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#4 Dec 13, 2012
Chicago politics at it's best

http://blustream.sendvideo.net/stw/...
oh yeah

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Dec 13, 2012
Should this surprise anyone?
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Big spending cuts have to start the same time as tax increases otherwise both parties will spend the tax increase and forget the cuts. The first time this started was when Ronald Reagan came into power. He cut then raised taxes several times but the worst thing is that he increased spending terribly. First time we ever had a 300 billion dollar deficit was under reagan but believe it or not there are still those in denial that believe this president had a balanced budget. We stared 1981 900 billion in debt and when he left office in 1988 we were nearly 3 and one half trillion in debt. I thought conservatives were the financially responsible ones? As of Sept.2012 republicans are slightly more responsible for our total 16+ trillion dollar debt but if spending keeps up like it is now democrats will surpass the republicans in 2 years. This issue should not be a political one but a tremendously responsible issue. This is the evilness of political parties. If your party is in power it's not so bad to overspend but when your party is not in power it becomes such an important thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,418,509
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 5 min Wondering 61
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 10 min inbred Genius 328
News Hillary Clinton keeps losing. So how come she's... 13 min oki 144
News Harry Reid calls mother of Benghazi victim 'cra... 16 min Le Jimbo 31
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Dr Phil 222,431
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 34 min who cares 15,908
More from around the web