Senators Reach Agreement On Overhauling Immigration

Jan 28, 2013 Full story: National Public Radio 584

A bipartisan group of leading senators has reached agreement on the principles of sweeping legislation to rewrite the nation's immigration laws.

Full Story

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#536 Feb 15, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Then why did they leave home in the first place.
Too much war or famine in most cases.

My German ancestors (actually Prussian) left just as the German Empire was formed because they saw the endless wars which were coming to Europe and they didn't want any more of their kids killed in ethnic wars. They had to smuggle two draft eligible boys out of Germany, but unfortunately one of them drowned in a river on the way out.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#538 Feb 16, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Is tthat right? How do they pay their fair share in taxes when they live 4-5 families to a single family abode, and send 6-7 kids from that houe to the local schools? Nice try. Recycling taxpayer money in the form of EBT cards is a stretch too.
What's say the fair share for Michelle Bachman sending her 7 Foster Kids to the local schools? How would this be any different than same an immigrant extended family sending 7 kids to the same schools?

Schools are supported by property taxes in most all localities. What exactly is the fundamental difference? But it that fair for households with no children in local schools who's property tax goes to fund the activities of the school district.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#539 Feb 16, 2013
The PIlgrims came with a charter to settle on land claimed by King George as did each of the 13 original British Colonies in North America. Some Hispanic that commonly in border states are mistaken for immigrants have been here 200 years or more before European Settlers.... and themselves have genealogy ties to Spain which originally had claims on Lands in North America extending through and from Florida, California to Oregon. Those lands didn't come into the possession of the United States until 1848
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone born here are native Americans. The Pilgrims came as the Indians did, without any papers.
The illegal aliens here are illegal in every country they go to on the planet. My US passport is honored everywhere. They may not know me so that's why a carry a American passport.
Yes America land of immigrants, not illegal aliens. You have your own country that you can rule anyway you want. Stop being lazy and do some hard work and make it work for you instead of fleeing it.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#540 Feb 16, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
What's say the fair share for Michelle Bachman sending her 7 Foster Kids to the local schools? How would this be any different than same an immigrant extended family sending 7 kids to the same schools?
Schools are supported by property taxes in most all localities. What exactly is the fundamental difference? But it that fair for households with no children in local schools who's property tax goes to fund the activities of the school district.
Most people without children have no problem seeing their tax money going to the local school system, because most people realize that an edcuated society is better able to support the country in which they live. I am sure Bachman paid a hefty property tax, while illegals, who live many families in a single family abode, pay only a fraction of what they should.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#541 Feb 16, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Most people without children have no problem seeing their tax money going to the local school system, because most people realize that an edcuated society is better able to support the country in which they live. I am sure Bachman paid a hefty property tax, while illegals, who live many families in a single family abode, pay only a fraction of what they should.
Which is why schools should be funded from a sales tax; that way everyone pays their fair share.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#542 Feb 16, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
The PIlgrims came with a charter to settle on land claimed by King George as did each of the 13 original British Colonies in North America. Some Hispanic that commonly in border states are mistaken for immigrants have been here 200 years or more before European Settlers.... and themselves have genealogy ties to Spain which originally had claims on Lands in North America extending through and from Florida, California to Oregon. Those lands didn't come into the possession of the United States until 1848
<quoted text>
Irrelevant !!
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#543 Feb 16, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Most people without children have no problem seeing their tax money going to the local school system, because most people realize that an edcuated society is better able to support the country in which they live. I am sure Bachman paid a hefty property tax, while illegals, who live many families in a single family abode, pay only a fraction of what they should.
Why would Bachman's property taxes, and or wage taxes be any more heafy than the next property owner or wage earner?

Illegals or resident alien Immigrants who own property in America pay just as much as Bachman in property, sales and wage taxes in America, along with all other excise taxes required in any locality.

Either you don't have any experience in paying taxes or you're making up a narrative steeped in bigotry. I'm inclined to believe you don't own property and have a thorough understanding of taxes in America.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#544 Feb 16, 2013
I can agree, education is a critical component of a civilized society, it's for that reason I can't understand the GOP railing against Obama's initiatives for education.

Why make a conscious decision to promote ignorance? That position is beyond all reason.
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Most people without children have no problem seeing their tax money going to the local school system, because most people realize that an edcuated society is better able to support the country in which they live. I am sure Bachman paid a hefty property tax, while illegals, who live many families in a single family abode, pay only a fraction of what they should.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#545 Feb 16, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Bachman's property taxes, and or wage taxes be any more heafy than the next property owner or wage earner?
Illegals or resident alien Immigrants who own property in America pay just as much as Bachman in property, sales and wage taxes in America, along with all other excise taxes required in any locality.
Either you don't have any experience in paying taxes or you're making up a narrative steeped in bigotry. I'm inclined to believe you don't own property and have a thorough understanding of taxes in America.
Really? Too funny...I own my home and pay property county and city taxes. the house is paid for and was recently renovated. We have one more bathroom reno to do. Surely you don't think everybody pays the same property taxes. Sales taxes vary from state to state too. What's wrong with you?
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#546 Feb 16, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Too funny...I own my home and pay property county and city taxes. the house is paid for and was recently renovated. We have one more bathroom reno to do. Surely you don't think everybody pays the same property taxes. Sales taxes vary from state to state too. What's wrong with you?
If you have a neighbor who may be illegal with a comparable property, why is your taxes greater than their property taxes, home owned free and clear or not? If either of you forgo paying your taxes, the remedy for both is the same, confiscation.

Sales taxes apply to you as they would the next individual, illegal or not, so how are you paying any more than someone deemed illegal?


And today, more than 50% of home in America are owned Free and Clear so you aren't doing much of anything noone else is accomplishing.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#547 Feb 16, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why schools should be funded from a sales tax; that way everyone pays their fair share.
If they don't have the money to buy things that are taxed, how is that paying their fair share?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#548 Feb 16, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
If they don't have the money to buy things that are taxed, how is that paying their fair share?
Everybody buys stuff that is taxed, even the poorest of the poor.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#550 Feb 16, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody buys stuff that is taxed, even the poorest of the poor.
The poorest of the poor are buying stuff with welfare/tax money. Not every state does this, but CA doesn't charge a sales tax on food.
DWG

Everett, MA

#551 Feb 16, 2013
My pleasure talk to you Mr. Cricket 23

Mr. Cricket 23, pay attention please.

Now, how I saw you always had sketch of your law from many years ago, like Leonardo da Vince sketch his parachute in 1483.

Immigration Law and Leonardo da Vinci sofer for the same problem, no money, no real interest and not enough tecnology.

I am sure if Leonardo da Vinci had enough money at that time for sure his sketch should work fine at 1483. because just in 2000 :

"Test on 2000 by Adrian Nicholas

http://www.leonardodavinci.net/parachute.jsp

Leonardo Da Vinci was proved right on Monday, June 26, 2000, some 500 years after he sketched the design for the world's first known parachute. A British man, Adrian Nicholas, dropped from a hot air balloon 3,000 meters (10,000 feet) above the ground, after ignoring expert advice that the canvas and wood contraption would not fly. Attempts to fully test the parachute in the UK earlier this year failed due problems of wind and safety near populated areas - it weighs a hefty 85 kilograms (187 pounds). But in the wide open spaces of Mpumalanga, South Africa, Mr. Nicholas safely floated down, saying the ride was smoother than with modern parachutes. Beautiful drop Heathcliff O'Malley, who photographed the drop from a helicopter, told BBC News Online: "It was amazing, really beautiful. But none of us knew if it would fold up and Adrian would plummet to Earth." He added: "It works, and everyone thought it wouldn't."

.
.
1) immigration law SKETCH.
2) Leonardo da vinci SKETCH.
.
.

1) 1986 they just sketch the perfect immigration law without technology management:

a) no biometric enforcement inside labor force. No computers at that time.

b) people with less than 5 years were not inside that law and still undocumented till today.

c) no enforcement ( boots on the ground and much technology ) around the borders and just 23 years later Mr. Obama administration did the first steps for sure.

2) 1483, The original design PARACHUTE was sketched by Da Vinci in a notebook in 1483.

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/awakening ...

Though credit for the invention of the first practical parachute usually goes to Sebastien Lenormand in 1783, Leonardo da Vinci actually conceived the parachute idea a few hundred years earlier 1483 (200 years before)

Da Vinci made a sketch of the invention with this accompanying description: "If a man have a tent made of linen of which the apertures (openings) have all been stopped up, and it be twelve braccia (about 23 feet) across and twelve in depth, he will be able to throw himself down from any great height without suffering any injury."

2013 is the time to make the right Amnesty with real enforcement, today we have everything they did not have in the past.

Imagine, Leonardo da Vinci did a Parachute sketch at 1483, and at that time not exist baloon or a airplane . but after 200 years later Mr. Sebastien Lenormand in 1783 made it possible.

God bless you, and a lot peace in our XXI CENTURY.

Thanks
DWG

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#552 Feb 16, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
The PIlgrims came with a charter to settle on land claimed by King George as did each of the 13 original British Colonies in North America. Some Hispanic that commonly in border states are mistaken for immigrants have been here 200 years or more before European Settlers.... and themselves have genealogy ties to Spain which originally had claims on Lands in North America extending through and from Florida, California to Oregon. Those lands didn't come into the possession of the United States until 1848
<quoted text>
Show up at Japanese customs without a passport and tell them that story and see what it gets you.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#553 Feb 17, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody buys stuff that is taxed, even the poorest of the poor.
It actually means the taxpayers are buying for their own families and for the "poor" as well. The problem with that is the taxpayers' family keeps getting less and less, while those on the dole keep getting more and more. Being able to waste these taxpayer funded dollars on junk food and in casinos is not for which it was meant. In essence the taxpayer pays double, when you think about it. The entitlement system is out of control and this country is getting too lopsided by those who work the system...period.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#554 Feb 17, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Translation-
The GOPasaus finally figured out hispanics vote.
Know, they haven't, because nothing they do will endear hispanics to that party.
DWG

Everett, MA

#555 Feb 17, 2013
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Show up at Japanese customs without a passport and tell them that story and see what it gets you.
How old is Japan ( no border )
How old is USA ( huge borders )

DWG

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#556 Feb 17, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Know, they haven't, because nothing they do will endear hispanics to that party.
Good God, s/b: NO...

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#557 Feb 17, 2013
DWG wrote:
<quoted text>
How old is Japan ( no border )
How old is USA ( huge borders )
DWG
Really???? Japan is an archipelago...Japan has very strict laws in place, and she enforces them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama sets off on a sales mission on immigration 1 min Le Jimbo 179
Prioritizing healthcare overhaul was a mistake:... 12 min Le Jimbo 25
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min wojar 180,940
Opinion: Schumer's ObamaCare Mea Culpa 17 min Gary 5
NY a finalist for 2016 Democratic National Conv... 22 min Le Jimbo 19
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 23 min Black Rhino 3,016
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 26 min Le Jimbo 24
Reaction to the Ferguson Grand Jury's Decision 17 hr BoBoo 52

US Senate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE