US senator under fire for health care...

US senator under fire for health care kamikaze jibe

There are 6 comments on the Raw Story story from Mar 17, 2010, titled US senator under fire for health care kamikaze jibe. In it, Raw Story reports that:

A Japanese-American lawmaker on Wednesday said he was hurt after Republican Senator Lindsey Graham likened the Democrats' drive on health care to a Japanese suicide attack in World War II.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Raw Story.

Raoul Thibideaux

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Mar 18, 2010
Since when is it racist to describe an attack on the American people? Kamikasi or whatever, this is government control over our lives.

Bethesda, MD

#2 Mar 18, 2010
So how many democratic senators and congressmen/women called average everyday Americans Nazi's because we protested against this healthcare bill?

“The enemy is in our camp.”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 Mar 18, 2010
Oh for God's sake...forget political correctness. It is what it is...he used a word...BFD. Graham is right. It has been like a bulldozer in a china shop that smooshed the bull.
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Aug 4, 2011
I too would have been seething mad if Lindsey Graham had attacked or ridiculed AMERICAN Japanese. But the Empire of Japan back then was our mortal enemy. If Senator Graham uses the kamikaze metaphor, what is so racist about that?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 10, 2012
it's not "racist", it's offensive.
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#6 Apr 22, 2013
TheJazuma wrote:
it's not "racist", it's offensive.
As a writer and a sometime journalist, I know that no matter what you do, you are bound to offend some touchy people. The only sure-fire way to avoid it altogether would be to remain totally silent --------- which I have no intention of doing.

This "sensitivity" garbage has gone too far. Say what you think, and damn the complaints.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump denounces 'lies and smears' as more women... 1 min Donald Trump 1,124
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min USAsince1680 1,441,572
News The GOP is trying to put out a a riggeda electi... 11 min Chilli J 92
News US expects record Latino vote, but will it be d... 17 min Babydoll 6
News Trump dodges US election result pledge 17 min Chilli J 132
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 23 min antipolicticalcor... 20,120
News NC sheriff's 'trashy Mexicans' remark brings qu... (Oct '08) 43 min Ltaylor420 982
More from around the web