US senator under fire for health care kamikaze jibe

Mar 17, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Raw Story

A Japanese-American lawmaker on Wednesday said he was hurt after Republican Senator Lindsey Graham likened the Democrats' drive on health care to a Japanese suicide attack in World War II.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Raoul Thibideaux

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Since when is it racist to describe an attack on the American people? Kamikasi or whatever, this is government control over our lives.
Unbelievable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

So how many democratic senators and congressmen/women called average everyday Americans Nazi's because we protested against this healthcare bill?

“The enemy is in our camp.”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Oh for God's sake...forget political correctness. It is what it is...he used a word...BFD. Graham is right. It has been like a bulldozer in a china shop that smooshed the bull.
Vivek Golikeri

Dania, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

I too would have been seething mad if Lindsey Graham had attacked or ridiculed AMERICAN Japanese. But the Empire of Japan back then was our mortal enemy. If Senator Graham uses the kamikaze metaphor, what is so racist about that?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

it's not "racist", it's offensive.
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

TheJazuma wrote:
it's not "racist", it's offensive.
As a writer and a sometime journalist, I know that no matter what you do, you are bound to offend some touchy people. The only sure-fire way to avoid it altogether would be to remain totally silent --------- which I have no intention of doing.

This "sensitivity" garbage has gone too far. Say what you think, and damn the complaints.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••