Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17552 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13994 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I googled "37 cases of anal fissures" and got nothing.
Try "infected anal fissures".

“A long time ago”

Since: Nov 09

in a galaxy far, far away....

#13995 Nov 25, 2013
Old Friend of the Family wrote:
No thanks. I'd rather quietly continue my work, thank you.
Teaching kids the emptiness of the homosexual lifestyle.
What "emptiness"? What "lifestyle"?

You can't teach what you're clearly ignorant of.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13996 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
UPDATE ALERT!
Please stop sharing your violent fantasies involving underage children. You do realize the vice police can find the source of your "anonymous" posts, don't you?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#13997 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Now you're name-calling? Classy!
This PROVES to me I've won the argument...
Only in your make believe world dear. And capitalizing the word doesn't make you a winner either!! Damn you are stupid.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#13998 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Try "infected anal fissures".
Try presenting the name of your fictitious school, and then we could corroborate ALL the bullshyt you type out here, couldn't we dear??!!!

Now you run along and hurry back to your Barbie tea circle.

Littleton, NH

#13999 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Why are you trying to bait me into a racial discussion?
You are the one who keeps mentioning race.
I was merely commenting on a statistic that over 70% of all black men abandon their children, and now you have to get all racial on me?
You brought a statistic into the discussion for the sole purpose of denigrating others. And you missed your target completely.

There is nothing wrong with collecting statistics and using them for constructive purposes. But you do the opposite.

[QUOTE[ FACTS are not racist.[/QUOTE]
But racist people often cite facts to rationalize their prejudice.
People who make a point of telling you their kids are NOT black are. You proud of that for some reason?
Nice. You bring up the race of a board contributor's grandchild--knowing nothing about the grandchild or her parents--then accuse the grandmother of being racist for declaring the race?

You must imagine yourself to be quite clever. I doubt your wardens are quite as amused.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#14000 Nov 25, 2013
Well, thank you for proving what a child you really are.

#14001 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Now you're name-calling? Classy!
This PROVES to me I've won the argument...
Not when you turn around and do essentially the same thing to nhjeff.......so, you really haven't won anything!!!
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#14002 Nov 25, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop sharing your violent fantasies involving underage children. You do realize the vice police can find the source of your "anonymous" posts, don't you?
Classic Projection.
I'm an ADVOCATE for protecting children, and you would prefer that they remain ignorant to the dangers they face by engaging in unsafe sex.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#14003 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Classic Projection.
I'm an ADVOCATE for protecting children, and you would prefer that they remain ignorant to the dangers they face by engaging in unsafe sex.
exact same verbiage used by folks that were caught online trying to lure young kids into meeting up with them.

just ask the guys that showed up on "to catch a predator".
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#14004 Nov 25, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
exact same verbiage used by folks that were caught online trying to lure young kids into meeting up with them.
just ask the guys that showed up on "to catch a predator".
REALLY?
So my point is that it's DANGEROUS to go back to some anonymous guys place to play video games and you're disagreeing with me?
Quite a risk taker you are, but I would still have to classify that as unsafe behavior.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#14005 Nov 25, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I know who I am and I'm perfectly okay with loving my wife and it is normal and natural for me!!!
Wonderful....but my point is there are women who once identified as a lesbian, just as you did, and continue to do so, but those women no longer identify as such. It make such an identity no less valid at the time to them than it does to you now.
Men and women who are bisexual know who they are and know that they can flow from one gender to the other with NO issues......I simply can not do that!!!
At one point you had had a relationship with a man, if I recall a previous post, way back when correctly, yes?

#14006 Nov 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful....but my point is there are women who once identified as a lesbian, just as you did, and continue to do so, but those women no longer identify as such. It make such an identity no less valid at the time to them than it does to you now.
<quoted text>
At one point you had had a relationship with a man, if I recall a previous post, way back when correctly, yes?
For most it's called being BISEXUAL, for some like myself, it's trying to be something you are not and we eventually come to terms with who we are......even if people like you don't want to understand it!!!

#14007 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
REALLY?
So my point is that it's DANGEROUS to go back to some anonymous guys place to play video games and you're disagreeing with me?
Quite a risk taker you are, but I would still have to classify that as unsafe behavior.
There's NOTHING wrong with trying to protect children from being harmed by pedophiles and child molesters......but your issue is NOT just with pedophiles or child molesters, but Gay men as well and you will pass out misinformation to accomplish that goal even if it means harming Gays, right?

If you were truly concern with protecting children, you'd educated yourself with proper information instead of religious anti-gay biased sites......take a look at this one:
http://www.childmolestationprevention.org/pag...

Littleton, NH

#14008 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
REALLY?
You're point is that you can't get your mind off of those sordid scenarios. What our gay youth need to learn--just as our straight youth need to learn--is to form healthy positive relationships. You want to lie to them and tell them that positive relationships are impossible. Isn't that really a prescription for exactly the kind of behavior you say you want to discourage?

Anyway, I'm glad to know that your job as a school counselor is just as much a delusion as your fantasies about my sex life. Really, though, I find your fixation on me quite creepy.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#14009 Nov 25, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does, look around you. It's already being redefined.
Do you know how dictionaries define a word? Simple, usage. That's why they have to keep printing new dictionaries each year.
Biologically yes, unless they choose to change.
Biologically yes, unless they choose to change.
Male, female and neutral. That's three.
By and large yes, but it can also be done in a laboratory.
The bottom line, is there's two sexes, male and female, men and women are still anatomically and biological males and females, and human reproduction is still overwhelmingly sexual. So the more things change, e more,they stay the same.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#14010 Nov 25, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
For most it's called being BISEXUAL, for some like myself, it's trying to be something you are not and we eventually come to terms with who we are......even if people like you don't want to understand it!!!
I love it when you ignore most of what I post and fall back to the "you don't want to understand" position. That must be a universal female behavior.

Again some women who once identified as "lesbian", didn't identify as "bisexual". Their "lesbian" identity at the time was just as valid to them as yours is to you. They chose, at some point, to discard that identity. That's my point. It's not set in stone for every woman, or man, for that matter.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#14011 Nov 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
The bottom line, is there's two sexes, male and female, men and women are still anatomically and biological males and females, and human reproduction is still overwhelmingly sexual. So the more things change, e more,they stay the same.
And that is all true in- and outside of marriage and doesn't negate same-sex couples from marrying.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#14012 Nov 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you ignore most of what I post and fall back to the "you don't want to understand" position. That must be a universal female behavior.
Again some women who once identified as "lesbian", didn't identify as "bisexual". Their "lesbian" identity at the time was just as valid to them as yours is to you. They chose, at some point, to discard that identity. That's my point. It's not set in stone for every woman, or man, for that matter.
And how is any of that relevant to marriage?
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#14013 Nov 25, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I find your fixation on me quite creepy.
Want to know something?
Most straight people, myself included, would take no notice of gays whatsoever if we weren't FORCED to.
Ever see a group of men having a "Straight Pride" march down Main Street at Noon wearing azzless chaps and dog collars? Or gyrating buck naked on parade floats with rainbow wigs screaming "We're Straight, we're here, get used to it!"
Or suing a schools system so that "Heather has a Mommy and a Daddy" or "Tony Marches for Straight Pride" be included in the curriculum?
Have you ever had to endure someone "outing" himself to you as straight or tearfully explaining to you when he first knew he was straight?
No. Because straight people don't go ON AND ON about their sexuality constantly.
Or maybe you find this sort of public display appropriate. It takes all kinds...
http://pinkmag.com/uploads/3/0/3/4/3034729/66...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Everywhere a Waxman 1,746,466
News Pompeo facing rare opposition from Senate panel 5 min spam musubi 26
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 8 min Trump is a joke 1,540
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min youRjoking 72,515
News Republican wins Arizona special election in a s... 10 min Go Trump 8
News Senators considering a delay for VA confirmatio... 22 min youRjoking 1
News Senate waits for White House decision on VA nom... 1 hr Kilroy 7