Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17562 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“TODAY SCOTUS RULED MARRIAGE”

Since: Aug 08

IS A FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT FOR ALL

#13733 Nov 21, 2013
Old Friend of the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
A sham...
Sorry, but NOT a sham.......it's as LEGAL, VALID AND RECOGNIZED as any other legal, valid and recognized marriage of an opposite-sex couple's is:-)

#13734 Nov 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
The word "conjugal" apparently confuses you. It used as a reference to husband AND wife, opposite sex, not necessarily a reference to sexual relations. So yes conjugal is the important aspect of marriage, its foundation.
Sorry, it DOESN'T confuse me......what confuses me is WHY you keep making an illogical claim about how important the word CONJUGAL is to the aspect of marriage...IT'S FOUNDATION as you claim, which is simply NOT true seeing as NO one is checking to see if the couple is actually performing a sexual act?

#13735 Nov 21, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked No Cal which "played the man." That was a juvenile question aimed at a specific person.
As for the general question you've asked: You may as well ask why Hillary wears pants suits instead of dresses. Now surprise me by failing to make childish remarks about Hillary.
I showed that poster that women couple's wear whatever they want at their wedding and it ISN'T written in stone what one has to wear at THEIR wedding!!!

Thanks for having my back:-)
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#13736 Nov 21, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked No Cal which "played the man." That was a juvenile question aimed at a specific person.
As for the general question you've asked: You may as well ask why Hillary wears pants suits instead of dresses. Now surprise me by failing to make childish remarks about Hillary.
Did Hillary wear pants at her wedding? I don't think so.
My question was why do gay women usually dress as bride and groom at their weddings. So far, no answer. I will continue to believe that they think it lends a touch of normalcy to the ceremony. No one yet has said otherwise.

Questions aimed at you. Since you were so wrong about the "modern" blood testing methods, do you think gay blood should be banned? If no, why not?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#13737 Nov 21, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
No, it isn't. It's just a marriage.
No, it's a gay marriage. What was that Apple dictionary definition of gay?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#13738 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
My question was why do gay women usually dress as bride and groom at their weddings. So far, no answer. I will continue to believe that they think it lends a touch of normalcy to the ceremony. No one yet has said otherwise.
Questions aimed at you. Since you were so wrong about the "modern" blood testing methods, do you think gay blood should be banned? If no, why not?
you can think whatever you want and the couples getting married can continue to both get married in the places where it's legal to get married and they can also continue to wear whatever they want to wear in those ceremonies. there's no law attached to the marriage ceremony itself describing legal attire for the participants or the bride and groom.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#13739 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's a gay marriage. What was that Apple dictionary definition of gay?
then show us a marriage license or marriage certificate from somewhere in these united states describing as you insist it's called.

legally, we all know the correct term. it's you that having the little hissy fit about insisting on calling it something else.

reminds me of a parent insisting on teaching their children incorrect names of things.

#13740 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your question was answered......BECAUSE THEY CAN DRESS AS THEY PLEASE......it is after all THEIR WEDDING!!!

I also gave you links to weddings where both wear wedding dresses.......again, why? BECAUSE THEY CAN!!!

People getting married dress as they see fit.....some even wear casual attire at their wedding......imagine that!!!

The women who choose to wear pant suits instead of dresses has NOTHING to do with trying to be a "MAN", it's just them being comfortable in who they are.......sorry, you can handle that or understand that!!!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#13741 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's a gay marriage.
Nope, it's only a gay marriage in your head. The authority that sanctions it just refers to it as a marriage.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that Apple dictionary definition of gay?
Does the Apple dictionary now issue marriage licenses?

Location hidden

#13742 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
My question was why do gay women usually dress as bride and groom at their weddings. So far, no answer. I will continue to believe that they think it lends a touch of normalcy to the ceremony.
You tend to intentionally think a lot of stupid things. We'll just add this one to the list. We've titled the list "Stupid Things that Morons Think".

Location hidden

#13743 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
My question is, why do bigoted straight people spend inordinate amounts of time wondering about what other people wear? So far, no answer. I will continue to believe that its because their lives are so personally pathetic, that they have to spend time in imagination land in the hopes that it will make them feel better about themselves. I will continue to think that they believe everyone else thinks like they do. no one yet has said otherwise.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#13744 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Just because brides and grooms USUALLY (your word) wear white gowns and tuxes doesn't mandate that ALL must dress the same. There have probably been nudists married wearing nothing at all. Are they still married even though they did not wear what you expect them to wear? Yes!

What people wear to get married is hardly a compelling argument to stop same-sex couples from marrying and just how bigoted and homophobic you are.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#13745 Nov 21, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Nope, it's only a gay marriage in your head. The authority that sanctions it just refers to it as a marriage.
<quoted text>
2. Does the Apple dictionary now issue marriage licenses?
1. 2 men get married, that's a gay marriage. Same for 2 women.
2. You can check with them.

#13746 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
2. You can check with them.
Sorry, but we DON'T have a Same-Sex Marriage.....we're just married like any other couple who is married:-)

Location hidden

#13747 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. 2 men get married, that's a marriage of two gay men. Same for 2 women.

Notice hon how you didn't state "2 men get gay married....". it's because there's no such thing! Thanks for playing stupid.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13748 Nov 21, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but NOT a sham.......it's as LEGAL, VALID AND RECOGNIZED as any other legal, valid and recognized marriage of an opposite-sex couple's is:-)
Was slavery ever LEGAL, VALID AND RECOGNIZED? Debtor's Prison? Child labor? Ever?
The government is never wrong, after all...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#13749 Nov 21, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but we DON'T have a Same-Sex Marriage.....we're just married like any other couple who is married:-)
Which one of you wore the pants? Why?

#13750 Nov 21, 2013
Old Friend of the Family wrote:
Oooooo, someone is now trying to say that it is wrong to grant the right to marry to Same-Sex couples.....wow, NEVER heard that before......lol!!!

#13751 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one of you wore the pants? Why?
If one must know...I did and I also wore a veil just like my wife did.....why? Because I am NOT comfortable in dresses......and the clothes I wear DON'T define me as a person or a woman
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#13752 Nov 21, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
If one must know...I did and I also wore a veil just like my wife did.....why? Because I am NOT comfortable in dresses......and the clothes I wear DON'T define me as a person or a woman
How many people that get married are defined by a wedding gown or a tux?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama sheds cool style for 'fearless' final lap... 6 min Yeah 15
News Five signs the fight over Obamacare isn't finished 8 min Yeah 69
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Incognito4Ever 1,249,902
News Obamacare could create quandary for Republicans... 30 min Synque 208
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Dr Guru 191,785
News Texas Sen. Ted Cruz not backing down on same-se... 43 min Larry Craig s WC ... 18
News Mary Cheney says sister is 'dead wrong' on same... (Sep '13) 47 min Fa-Foxy 161
More from around the web