Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 Full story: NBC Chicago 17,568

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Full Story

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#368 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever anyone mentions the father/mother model as the traditional, historical family model ...
They're called a bigot.
Nope! They're not called a bigot because of that. They're called a bigot because they're making false claims (you know, bearing false witness?? One of the ten biggies that will get you sent to roast in hell forever??) that are intended to single out and harm OTHER "non-traditional" families as unworthy or unacceptable.

THAT'S why they're being called bigots. They're attacking other people's families. Can you not see why that would get a person labeled as such??
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#369 Jan 10, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear; are you being ignorant on purpose? or just obtuse?
We have gay black women too
Grab a box of Kleenex and click here for proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dSKcq5U_MLsXX
I've said that I had several homosexuals in my family, my favorite niece who died last year was openly a homosexual for 20 years...

No one stopped loving her when she became a homosexual, she was loved and knew that she was loved by our Christian family.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#370 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see people as hetero or homo, I see them as people and I try to treat all people...
the way I want to be treated.
So you want people spreading vile and disgusting lies about you and your family?? Seriously??
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#371 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke about traditional marriage being protected because it is the most stable model for the basic building block of society.
I have never spoke on same sex marriage.
OH GOOD GAWD.....By saying you want "taditional" marrieg over saems ex is saying your for one over the other....

SO DO YOU SUPPORT SAME SEX PEOPLE BEING ABLE TO GET MARRIED IN LEGAL CIVIL MARRIGES????
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#372 Jan 10, 2013
TVHS2012 wrote:
Being GAY is wrong. Whether the states say it or not God the Father said it in the Bible. I don't understand why this World has gotten so wicked like it has. I believe that its because the more we take God out, the more satan moves in. Thats why we see shooting and AIDS. Being GAY is WRONG!!!!! And it will send you to Hell! You need to seriously repent and pray the God delivers you from sickness of being Gay! Any man to lay with another man cant be to healthy in the head!
BEING FAT AND GREEDY IS EVIL AND WILL SEND YOUT EO HELL ALSO...Better tell all those fat riught ubs of goo who elave church every sunday morning....BET YOUR A FAT OR RICH PERSON ALSO HUH????
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#373 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you posting such vile and hateful lies about gay folks here? Isn't that pretty much the opposite of what you just claimed you teach to your children?
Which is why I come to these threads...

Homosexuals like you aren't looking for fairness...

You're seeking to take away my freedom of religion and speech...

I'm a widow, a single parent home is not the best model for the family....

Homosexuals can't reproduce, the best you can bring to the table is a blended family...which is not the best model for the family either.

You all seem to want the majority to become homosexuals and give up their faiths.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#374 Jan 10, 2013
TVHS2012 wrote:
Being GAY is wrong. Whether the states say it or not God the Father said it in the Bible. I don't understand why this World has gotten so wicked like it has. I believe that its because the more we take God out, the more satan moves in. Thats why we see shooting and AIDS. Being GAY is WRONG!!!!! And it will send you to Hell! You need to seriously repent and pray the God delivers you from sickness of being Gay! Any man to lay with another man cant be to healthy in the head!
That's odd. Just this morning I was talking to your God and He told me that it's YOU that is wrong, not us. He said that YOU'RE the one that's judging and condemning His children and speaking for Him in ways that He would NEVER approve of.

He very emphatically assured me that it's YOU that He and Satan are reserving a place in hell for, not any of us. We're practicing love and acceptable of ALL His children. You're not. That's why you're going to hell.

Sucks to be you, I guess.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#375 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want people spreading vile and disgusting lies about you and your family?? Seriously??
Haha.:D they already are in my personal life my kids and I have been viciously preyed on...

Blk women are being trampled in the media as well...

While homosexuals are being eembraced in the media...

BTW what lies have I told on homosexuals?
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#376 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope! They're not called a bigot because of that. They're called a bigot because they're making false claims (you know, bearing false witness?? One of the ten biggies that will get you sent to roast in hell forever??) that are intended to single out and harm OTHER "non-traditional" families as unworthy or unacceptable.
THAT'S why they're being called bigots. They're attacking other people's families. Can you not see why that would get a person labeled as such??
Stop with the vague accusations... I was called a bigot for stating the obvious...

That the father/mother model is the norm, the best and should be protected.

AGAIN I'm a widow, so I'm even excluding myself.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#377 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why I come to these threads...
Homosexuals like you aren't looking for fairness...
You're seeking to take away my freedom of religion and speech...
I'm a widow, a single parent home is not the best model for the family....
Homosexuals can't reproduce, the best you can bring to the table is a blended family...which is not the best model for the family either.
You all seem to want the majority to become homosexuals and give up their faiths.
Lies, lies, and more lies. You just can't help yourself, can you?

You're so narrow-minded and arrogant that you believe that only your own personal beliefs have merit and anyone else that doesn't conform to what you believe people should do and be are wrong.

Since it's not possible to "become homosexual", no one with a functioning brain expects that to happen, let alone wants it.

Your "best model for the family" is absolutely and very easily debunked by the millions of spouses and children that are beaten and abused and molested every day in their perfect little family unit that you appear to hold above all other.

Do you really believe that just because a man and a woman can pop out a child together, they are automatically superior parents than anyone else?? Just because their biology works???

You need to get out of your house and get to know people that are different from yourself. You've got a LOT to learn about how the real world works. And you will NOT find out about it in your Bible.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#378 Jan 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
OH GOOD GAWD.....By saying you want "taditional" marrieg over saems ex is saying your for one over the other....
SO DO YOU SUPPORT SAME SEX PEOPLE BEING ABLE TO GET MARRIED IN LEGAL CIVIL MARRIGES????
My position is to protect the father/mother model...

My position is to protect freedom of speech and religion.

I am definitely for the father/mother model.

I definitely support the father/mother model over all others including my widow/single parent model...

As its the most stable family model.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#379 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha.:D they already are in my personal life my kids and I have been viciously preyed on...
Blk women are being trampled in the media as well...
While homosexuals are being eembraced in the media...
BTW what lies have I told on homosexuals?
Every word you've written in this forum about gay folks has been a lie. You have NO clue about gay people. You're simply spreading the lies and hate that have been spoon-fed to you.

Why you're doing it is a mystery to me as there's absolutely nothing for anyone to ever gain from bashing and spreading lies about people, but you sure seem hell-bent to do it, aren't you?

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#380 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop with the vague accusations... I was called a bigot for stating the obvious...
That the father/mother model is the norm, the best and should be protected.
AGAIN I'm a widow, so I'm even excluding myself.
Yep. And that's EXACTLY why you were called bigot.

The father/mother model is HARDLY "the norm" anymore. They're not even a majority anymore. Fewer than 50% of the minors in this country are being raised by their two bio parents. But you don't know that, do you? Because that would interrupt your fantasy of the perfect family.

It is NOT "the best" model nor has it ever been shown to be. It's not ever even been shown to be a "better" model. It's just a model.

And how, exactly, does one go about "protecting" a father/mother model?? How does one do that? How does shutting out other models help anyone? How does forcing people to raise children in a disadvantaged environment "protect" anyone???
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#381 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so narrow-minded and arrogant that you believe that only your own personal beliefs have merit and anyone else that doesn't conform to what you believe people should do and be are wrong.
Since it's not possible to "become homosexual", no one with a functioning brain expects that to happen, let alone wants it.
Your "best model for the family" is absolutely and very easily debunked by the millions of spouses and children that are beaten and abused and molested every day in their perfect little family unit that you appear to hold above all other.
Do you really believe that just because a man and a woman can pop out a child together, they are automatically superior parents than anyone else?? Just because their biology works???
You need to get out of your house and get to know people that are different from yourself. You've got a LOT to learn about how the real world works. And you will NOT find out about it in your Bible.
Talk about irrational, family life is work, hard for any model type...

But its common knowledge that blended families and single parent families are not as effective

and have a higher failure rate than the father/mother model.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#382 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
More vague baseless accusations...

Which is the lie ,

Is it that homosexuals can't reproduce with each other...

Or is it that blended families have a higher failure rate than father/mother families.

You keep talking about homosexual parents, when a homosexual couple can't reproduce.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#383 Jan 10, 2013
TVHS2012 wrote:
Gay guys are born with the same sexual orientation your 'mother' was born with; attracted to men
Is your mother healthy in the head?
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#384 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Every word you've written in this forum about gay folks has been a lie. You have NO clue about gay people. You're simply spreading the lies and hate that have been spoon-fed to you.
Why you're doing it is a mystery to me as there's absolutely nothing for anyone to ever gain from bashing and spreading lies about people, but you sure seem hell-bent to do it, aren't you?
Yawn are you crazy...because my posts are here for all to see...you need help for your pathological lying issues.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#385 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
No ma'am
http://www.quitecurious.com/wp-content/galler...
Do you need instructions?
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#386 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. And that's EXACTLY why you were called bigot.
The father/mother model is HARDLY "the norm" anymore. They're not even a majority anymore. Fewer than 50% of the minors in this country are being raised by their two bio parents. But you don't know that, do you? Because that would interrupt your fantasy of the perfect family.
It is NOT "the best" model nor has it ever been shown to be. It's not ever even been shown to be a "better" model. It's just a model.
And how, exactly, does one go about "protecting" a father/mother model?? How does one do that? How does shutting out other models help anyone? How does forcing people to raise children in a disadvantaged environment "protect" anyone???
Said the ranting raving intolerant bigot...

I was called a bigot because when anyone has the audacity to speak up for freedom of religion, speech....

you all use your typical talking points..homophobe, bigot, intolerant....

Now you all are attacking the father/mother model of the family.

You are the intolerant bigot not me.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#387 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd. Just this morning I was talking to your God and He told me that it's YOU that is wrong, not us. He said that YOU'RE the one that's judging and condemning His children and speaking for Him in ways that He would NEVER approve of.
He very emphatically assured me that it's YOU that He and Satan are reserving a place in hell for, not any of us. We're practicing love and acceptable of ALL His children. You're not. That's why you're going to hell.
Sucks to be you, I guess.
You are a bonfire liar...you don't accept anything but what your fringe group wants to push on the masses....

I'm blk and is not upset that most if the shows cater to whites as this is a white majority country...

But I would like to some a couple positive images of blk women...

People like you want the majority to drop their faith and all cater to your wishes...

Your are arrogant and a true bigot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,125,217
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 17 min Black Rhino 1,164
Dems want White House shakeup 23 min barefoot2626 169
Ebola patient flew on Frontier flight without s... 23 min scirocco 146
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Learn to Read 179,283
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 30 min Eleanor 31
Kansas governor, challenger discuss gay marriage 38 min Otter in the Ozarks 12

US Senate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE