Senate panel divided over Pompeo for ...

Senate panel divided over Pompeo for secretary of state

There are 15 comments on the Washington Times story from Apr 18, 2018, titled Senate panel divided over Pompeo for secretary of state. In it, Washington Times reports that:

President Donald Trump 's pick for secretary of state, CIA Director Mike Pompeo , is facing so much opposition from Democrats on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that the panel could be forced to take the unusual step of sending the nomination to the full Senate without a favorable recommendation. Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire on Tuesday became the latest member of the committee to announce her opposition, and Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., recently said he would vote no.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#1 Apr 18, 2018
Of course the Democrats won't vote for Pompeo. He is the wrong color for them, and he is a white man. It is all about color, and gender to them. They have lost all sense of logic.
Liberals Are Wankers

Bronx, NY

#2 Apr 18, 2018
The Democrat Ideal for US Secretary of State: LGBTQ or gender confused, black, brown, red, yellow, spouting white male privilege, double amputee, full federal funding for Planned Parenthood third trimester pro-abortion advocate, pro-illegal criminal immigrant, anti-second amendment, promoter of New World Order Marxist. Have I left anyone out?
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#3 Apr 18, 2018
I am sure the offended group will let you know if you have left them out.
Anita Bryant s Jihad

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Apr 18, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the Democrats won't vote for Pompeo. He is the wrong color for them, and he is a white man. It is all about color, and gender to them. They have lost all sense of logic.
Yet most of those opposing Pompeo are white and male and rich. Because we're talking about US Senators. You're sick and stupid. And racist.

The substantive objections have to do with an ample, past history of embracing both torture and bigotry.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Apr 19, 2018
Liberals Are Wankers wrote:
The Democrat Ideal for US Secretary of State: LGBTQ or gender confused, black, brown, red, yellow, spouting white male privilege, double amputee, full federal funding for Planned Parenthood third trimester pro-abortion advocate, pro-illegal criminal immigrant, anti-second amendment, promoter of New World Order Marxist. Have I left anyone out?
Yes, people with compassion.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#6 Apr 19, 2018
Bigotry is an excuse for some to dismiss the facts. You have no proof Mr. Pompeo was a bigot. You use that word so you can stop a debate. He will likely be confirmed, and you can move on to insult some one else.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#7 Apr 19, 2018
Democrats better be careful what they ask for. California is showing dissent in many parts over sanctuary. It could be split into 3 states that are independent of each other with dual loyalties.
Cath League of Duncecy

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Apr 19, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry is an excuse for some to dismiss the facts. You have no proof Mr. Pompeo was a bigot. You use that word so you can stop a debate. He will likely be confirmed, and you can move on to insult some one else.
I enjoy that you're so sick you didn't even attempt to address my pointing out Pompeo's history of supporting torture.

The only problem with describing Pompeo as a bigot is that the fundie and white supremacist right can't think of any lack of equal rights for lgbt people which would constitute "bigotry." They think such bigotry is gawd's plan, or something.

And to anticipate the bs sure to come, Pompeo during his career didn't simply oppose marriage equality. His record went way beyond just that.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#9 Apr 19, 2018
In a country where you have a right to your own opinions how is it any ones concern what Mr Pompeo believes about marriage? It won't effect his job. He obviously is prepared to do his job. It is his right under the 1st Amendment to have freedom of religion. As long as he doesn't try to prevent gay marriage it should have no barring on his position.
Cath League of Duncecy

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Apr 19, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
<quoted text>
In a country where you have a right to your own opinions how is it any ones concern what Mr Pompeo believes about marriage? It won't effect his job.
Because you're a moron, that's why. He and theocrats like him didn't just "have an opinion." In their various previous posts they have amassed a record of denying rights and access to lgbt persons that other receive. You are ignorant. It's not just about Pompeo "religious beliefs" concerning gay sex acts or marriage equality. I explained that, retardate. What is your damage? Did oh so xstain Pompeo bang your head repeatedly against a wall a la US torture...that Pompeo in the aggregate or abstract supports?
Cujo

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Apr 20, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
Maybe because he supports torture tactics, denies climate change and has made racists comments in his past. He is simply unfit for any government position!
Baptist ism by Proxy

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Apr 20, 2018
He would be considered unfit in any enlightened society, but for about half the country he's just about perfect. Or at least acceptable business as usual.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#13 Apr 20, 2018
There is no such thing as a fun war. Some times you have to resort to methods that would make your mother angry, but that is how you treat the enemy. I guarantee they won't be sweet to our people in the same position. You aren't very realistic. We need strong people.
Baptist ism by Proxy

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Apr 20, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a fun war. Some times you have to resort to methods that would make your mother angry, but that is how you treat the enemy. I guarantee they won't be sweet to our people in the same position. You aren't very realistic. We need strong people.
Then that's what you'll say when some country tortures US service members. See, cretin, that's how things work when you make a (sh tty, nonsense) argument. That argument would apply universally. Torture's okay for us, it must be for them.

Except you're intellectually defective, so nothing you say applies to anyone or anything except for you when you're trying in vain to peck out some retort.

BTW, the man doesn't just "have an opinion." He's an active, discriminating bigot. Moron.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#16 Apr 21, 2018
You don't think our people are tortured in enemy hands? They are. Democrats are not in a position to make policy at this point. They are still trying to determine how they lost the 2016 election on so many levels. I laughed so hard about their lawsuit against the Trump Campaign, Russians, and WikiLeaks. All their collusion delusion will come out in discovery just in time for the November election.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump calls out woman who is accusing Kavanaugh... 1 hr Melvin 3
News Woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual miscon... 2 hr American_Infidel 341
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 244,203
News Obama in campaign mode, back to promoting hope ... 2 hr Ren 590
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Rattlesnake Pete 1,830,368
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 hr Aura Mytha 106,161
News Vulnerable US senator welcomes Trump in tight N... 4 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 38