Justice Ginsburg's SOTU verdict

Justice Ginsburg's SOTU verdict

There are 198 comments on the Washington Post story from Feb 13, 2013, titled Justice Ginsburg's SOTU verdict. In it, Washington Post reports that:

President Obama 's State of the Union speech Tuesday was hardly one that would have kept Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg - and most likely many others - from nodding off from time to time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Post.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#43 Feb 14, 2013
Well its Valentines day so have to get ready to show the Missus how much I love her after all these years. Its wonderful to be married to a sweet and beautiful woman
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#44 Feb 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
a hickey?
How old are you boy?

My favorite part of Rubio's speech was how he relied on help to go to college and his parents have benefitted from those government programs.

And Jon Stewart said it best ...
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#45 Feb 14, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The only difference between one speech and another speech is the fits he throws, stomping his feet and swing his hands all around and screaming.
Yes, Jerry Springer is not very inspirational. LOLL

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#46 Feb 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary wont win...in these dangerous times with homicidal Islamofacists running amok ...we cant afford a FAINTER-in-chief.
Right, and Romney's going to beat Obama (wink, wink)....

C'mon magic 8 ball, give him another prediction!

Tawas City, Michigan

#48 Feb 14, 2013
californio wrote:
<quoted text> be carefull what you ask for she could resign and then Obama could replace her with a young Really far left wacko
That's the plan.

Why do you think we worked so hard to get Obama re-elected? There are 4 justices over age 70.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

Since: Mar 09

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

#49 Feb 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it was painful watching Bush attempt public speaking...he had the best speech writers in the world, and they had to dumb them down to his third grade level of speaking...
people around the globe openly laughed at him...it was embarrassing...
At yet he was a better leader than Oblahblah.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#50 Feb 14, 2013
californio wrote:
<quoted text> be carefull what you ask for she could resign and then Obama could replace her with a young Really far left wacko
She would still need to be confirmed by the soon to be GOP controlled Congress..her retirement would be no big deal, he'd just be replacing one nutcase with another its not like he'd be replacing one of the Conservatives...

Tawas City, Michigan

#51 Feb 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
She would still need to be confirmed by the soon to be GOP controlled Congress..her retirement would be no big deal, he'd just be replacing one nutcase with another its not like he'd be replacing one of the Conservatives...
You better pray Scalia's smoking, drinking, and overeating doesn't catch up with him over the next 4 years.

Also Kennedy may be stepping down as well before 2016.

Tawas City, Michigan

#52 Feb 14, 2013
Oh, that reminds me, I've got to send a carton of Marlboros to Scalia this week. Just doing my part.....

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#53 Feb 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You better pray Scalia's smoking, drinking, and overeating doesn't catch up with him over the next 4 years.
Also Kennedy may be stepping down as well before 2016.
Like I said, Obama's pick will still have to be confirmed by the soon to be GOP controlled Congress. Also, Justices can be impeached if they're found to be complete nutcases...which what will probably happen to all of Obama's picks eventually. LOL

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#54 Feb 14, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
12% fewer people watched the SOTU speech this time then his other SOTU speeches. And fewer then Bush's 2000 STOU speech, and that was bad enough.
I wouldn't have missed Bush's State of the Union speech for the world.m Funnier than Sarah Palin.

And it's "fewer than", not "fewer then". You can finish high school with a correspondence course.

Location hidden

#55 Feb 14, 2013
Strike the "m".
Independent

Grissom Afb, IN

#57 Feb 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Oh, that reminds me, I've got to send a carton of Marlboros to Scalia this week. Just doing my part.....
What do homosexual men get each other for Valentine's Day, roses, diamonds, beer or something fluffy?
Independent

Grissom Afb, IN

#58 Feb 14, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't have missed Bush's State of the Union speech for the world.m Funnier than Sarah Palin.
And it's "fewer than", not "fewer then". You can finish high school with a correspondence course.
Larry are you black?

Tawas City, Michigan

#59 Feb 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, Obama's pick will still have to be confirmed by the soon to be GOP controlled Congress. Also, Justices can be impeached if they're found to be complete nutcases...which what will probably happen to all of Obama's picks eventually. LOL
Yeah, and Romney's gonna beat Obama and the GOP is going to take control of the Senate in '12.......

Keep shaking that magic 8 ball; eventually you'll get the answer you're looking for.

Btw, I predict Kennedy will suprise everyone and step down at the end of this term, giving Obama yet another spot to fill on the SCOTUS with a reliable liberal.

Good luck impeaching any SCOTUS justice; it's only been done once in our history, but that will keep you busy when you're not searching for Obama's real birth certificate!

Tawas City, Michigan

#60 Feb 14, 2013
Jizzlam wrote:
<quoted text>
satomayor should watch her beef n bean burrito intake
she's been inhaling them at record pace
I doubt here burrito habit will kill her before Scalia's pack a day Marlboro habit!

Light 'em if you got 'em!

Tawas City, Michigan

#61 Feb 14, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>What do homosexual men get each other for Valentine's Day, roses, diamonds, beer or something fluffy?
While I can't speak for anyone else, I got my husband some chocolates (he's got a sweet tooth), and he me a nice batch of tulip bulbs in full bloom (I like to garden).

Location hidden

#62 Feb 14, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>Larry are you black?
Give me a good reason to tell you. Otherwise, it's none of your business.
Independent

Grissom Afb, IN

#63 Feb 15, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Give me a good reason to tell you. Otherwise, it's none of your business.
Larry are you AA?
Boo Koo Dinky Dow

Medford, NY

#64 Feb 15, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>Larry are you AA?
Yes. Azzholes Anonymous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,432,275
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 8 min kuda 1,314
News Hillary Clinton Charges Racism 9 min Michel Montvert 645
News Clinton, Trump buff foreign policy bona fides o... 51 min Go Blue Forever 19
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 57 min who cares 18,358
News As Clinton focuses on debate, Trump says he'd c... 1 hr Just Think 103
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 225,682
More from around the web