Moms make case for gun control

Moms make case for gun control

There are 9245 comments on the usatoday.com story from Mar 16, 2013, titled Moms make case for gun control. In it, usatoday.com reports that:

Peg Paulson had never beaten a path through the halls of Congress before or met a U.S. senator's staffer or advocated for a controversial issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at usatoday.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4180 Jun 26, 2013
spocko wrote:
North Dakota's oil production has increased 600%, there are now 8,400 active wells in the state. Each well requires about 2,000 truck trips in its first year of operation. On the highway running through the area, traffic has leapt from 1,500 cars a day to 14,000, and roads are being expanded by the state from two to six lanes. Now, who again is building and paying for the infrastructure – that’s right folks “they didn’t built that” the taxpayer did! The local fast-food franchises are struggling to find employees, so they’re offering $16 an hour and signing bonuses of $300. Local strippers claim they can make $3,000 in tips per night. And average weekly wages are up 50% since 2009. The number of taxpayers reporting over $1 million income in North Dakota has nearly tripled from selling mineral rights to oil companies.
Correct the Tax payers built it.

The greatest Bakken oil production comes from Elm Coulee Oil Field, Richland County, Montana, where production began in 2000 and is expected to ultimately total 270 million barrels (43,000,000 m3). In 2007, production from Elm Coulee averaged 53,000 barrels per day (8,400 m3/d)— more than the entire state of Montana a few years earlier.

New interest developed in 2006 when EOG Resources of Houston, Texas reported that a single well it had drilled into an oil-rich layer of shale below Parshall, North Dakota was anticipated to produce 700,000 barrels (110,000 m3) of oil. The Parshall Oil Field discovery, combined with other factors, including an oil-drilling tax break enacted by the state of North Dakota in 2007, shifted attention in the Bakken from Montana to the North Dakota side. The number of wells drilled in the North Dakota Bakken jumped from 300 in 2006 to 457 in 2007. Those same sources show oil production in the North Dakota Bakken increasing 229%, from 2.2 million barrels (350,000 m3) in 2006 to 7.4 million barrels (1,180,000 m3) in 2007.

Bakken formation

The Bakken formation /ˈbɑ&#72 0;kən/ is a rock unit from the Late Devonian to Early Mississippian age occupying about 200,000 square miles (520,000 km2) of the subsurface of the Williston Basin, underlying parts of Montana, North Dakota, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The formation was initially described by geologist J.W. Nordquist in 1953. The formation is entirely in the subsurface, and has no surface outcrop. It is named after Henry Bakken, a farmer in Tioga, North Dakota who owned the land where the formation was initially discovered, in a boring for oil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakken_formation

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4181 Jun 26, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
....and yet we are STILL paying over $3.40/gal for gas.
WTF!!!
The highest price for gas ever was under George Bush.

If you want to insist the POTUS controls the price of gas.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4182 Jun 26, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right Adolf let's start building the ovens - ye moron!
Hey , if you want to ban gun ownership, like Canada, then lets ban the people who can't responsibly use them from having them.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#4183 Jun 26, 2013
When Hussein Obama took office Fuel in our country was $1.84 a gallon.
conservative crapola

Orefield, PA

#4184 Jun 26, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
That's because flubs trashed the economy and no one could afford. You're have that special brand of aridzona stupid.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4185 Jun 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The highest price for gas ever was under George Bush.
If you want to insist the POTUS controls the price of gas.
Did I say the POTUS controls the price of gas? Did I say that the highest price ever paid WASN'T under Bush? Uh...nope.

Care to make anymore strawman arguments to make yourself look like an even bigger dumbass??

And since you brought it up (gas prices under certain presidents)...look at the AVERAGE price of petrol during the Bush admistration, and than compare it to the AVERAGE price during that of Obama (be prepared for a hefty serving of crow, Barefoot).

Who here remembers the libtards all insisting that it was Bush's fault for the high gas prices because he was pandering to his Big-Oil buddies???
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#4186 Jun 26, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say the POTUS controls the price of gas? Did I say that the highest price ever paid WASN'T under Bush? Uh...nope.
Care to make anymore strawman arguments to make yourself look like an even bigger dumbass??
And since you brought it up (gas prices under certain presidents)...look at the AVERAGE price of petrol during the Bush admistration, and than compare it to the AVERAGE price during that of Obama (be prepared for a hefty serving of crow, Barefoot).
Who here remembers the libtards all insisting that it was Bush's fault for the high gas prices because he was pandering to his Big-Oil buddies???
What's your point. Demand is the driving force. And China's the driver.

So you people shouldn't be complaining. You should be cheering the Chinese have figured it out.

So odd you people.....

Location hidden

#4187 Jun 26, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey , if you want to ban gun ownership, like Canada, then lets ban the people who can't responsibly use them from having them.
Do both.

Location hidden

#4188 Jun 26, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
You ought to stop your whining, Jzzmcheeks, you bring up the cost of gas, I have to remind you it cost more under Bush, don't bring up the cost of gas, it isn't high for those of us who work for a living.

Location hidden

#4189 Jun 26, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
Who here remembers the libtards all insisting that it was Bush's fault
NO one.

And you can't find them either, funny how that is.

Location hidden

#4190 Jun 26, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
The highest price for gas was under George Bush.

Wipe your chin, Shug.

And say hello to GayDavy for me.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#4191 Jun 26, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
The high during the Gdub administration was $4.12. The average price of a regular gallon of gas at U.S. pumps was $1.85 when Bush was sworn in for his second term. A reminder for those with learning disabilities - gas prices are set by global oil markets and domestic demand at the pump, not by Presidents. Okay moron!!!!!
Angered American

Rochester, MN

#4192 Jun 26, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
Yes its funny how these lib tards praise this Obama for the high gas prices.
Bush was much better as a POTUS
and we all had a better standard of living then also.
Angered American

Rochester, MN

#4193 Jun 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The highest price for gas was under George Bush.
Wipe your chin, Shug.
And say hello to GayDavy for me.
The highest price for gas ever was under this Obama

now go and sit down! you are a complete worthless piece of crap

Location hidden

#4196 Jun 26, 2013
Angered American wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes its funny how these lib tards praise this Obama for the high gas prices.
Th cuntservatives keep forgetting that the national price for gasoline was highest it ever was in the history of the US under George Bush.

Location hidden

#4197 Jun 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<The Bush years kicked off a good US economy
The good economy was delivered on a silver platter by Clinton and the Great Buffoon took the good economy and ran it into a ditch, two recessions, two wars and a budget surplus into the mess we are still cleaning up after today.

Location hidden

#4198 Jun 26, 2013
[QUOTE who="xxxrayted"
Economic activity in the US is still in the pits.[/QUOTE]

When you are getting paid under the table, living off of me and others in this forum, eating food stamps in section eight housing, things may look dour.

For people who work for a living and who own stock and real estate, the economy in the last five years has roughly doubled.

Ask your slum lord boss for a raise. He may insist you stop posting here on this forum during the day and get off your fat diabetic azz more than twice a day so I expect to continue to hear you whine.

You useless pathetic leech on society.
Angered American

Rochester, MN

#4199 Jun 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You useless pathetic leech on society.
Let me ask, So you are talking to yourself here?

You do get food stamps and disibility right!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4200 Jun 26, 2013
Angered American wrote:
<quoted text>
You do get food stamps and disibility right!
sure does by the way defends the Welfare System and advocates for a Welfare Society.

Location hidden

#4201 Jun 26, 2013
Angered American wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix should charge for each alias.

They'd make a fortunate off of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min who cares 15,737
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Megan 1,417,730
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 5 min Bill Clintons Wife 3
News Clinton keeps stay-the-course strategy on found... 7 min Dee Dee Dee 2
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 12 min Dee Dee Dee 263
News Democrats seek repeal of ban on federal funding... 20 min ffj 123
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Jacques in Orlean... 222,356
More from around the web