Amanda Knox found guilty of murder - again

Jan 30, 2014 Full story: New York Daily News 85

Amanda Knox learned of the verdict in her hometown of Seattle. She never returned to Italy for the appeals trial.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1 Jan 30, 2014
huh? wasn't she found not guilty once? The black guy did it for christ's sake

“you know i know”

denver

#2 Jan 30, 2014
Black Activists in Chicago React to President Obamas State of the Union

The activists gave their reactions to Obama’s big speech in a number of eye-opening interviews.

J.R. Fleming, a member of Chicago’s Anti-Eviction Campaign, said Obama’s speech was “the same ol’, same ol’.” He summed up the address as a “bunch of talk and rhetoric to give favor to a dying economy in America.”

“And the reason why our economy is dying is the president’s approach is always to place blame,” he added.“It’s not the 1 percent problem, it’s not the 99 percent problem, it’s an American problem."

Joe Watkins, the founder of V.O.T.E.(Voices of the Ex-Offender), said Obama has been “more hurtful to the black race than he has been helpful.” He claimed some people will accept his failures due to “symbolic” reasons relating to the color of his skin.

“But those of us at the bottom of the ladder don’t accept that,” he added.

Another activist with V.O.T.E. actually addressed Obama personally, telling him the black community would probably better off if he ended his presidency right now.

“Just quit,” Mark Carter said.“Because if this is what you call helping us, then just stop helping us.”

http://rebelpundit.com/2014/01/video-chicago -...

“you know i know”

denver

#3 Jan 30, 2014
Time for a recap:
The SOTU address by Barry Bongo, let me summarize.
"Good evening my fellow Americans, blab, blab, blab, wealth disparity, blab, blab, blab, tax the rich, blab, blab, George Bush, blab,blab,blab, lack of opportunity, blab,blab,blab, Rush hates me, blab,bab,blab, Fox News, blab,blab,blab, obstructionist republicans, blab,blab,blab, work with congress, blab,blab,blab, create jobs, blab,blab,blab, year of action, blab,blab,blab, income inequality, blab,blab,blab, Herbert Hoover, blab,blab,blab, George Bush, blab,blab,blab, Bush recession, blab,blab,blab, the rich have too much,blab,blab,blab, globall warming, blab, blab, blab, Bush recession, blab,blab,blab,$480 billion jobs program, blab,blab,blab, lobster and arugula, blab,blab,blab, where's Bengazi, blab,blab,blab, what IRS scandal, blab,blab,blab."
Thank you and good night.

“you know i know”

denver

#4 Jan 30, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/why-democrats-might-not ...

Why Democrats might not retake the House anytime soon

"they'll have to win back Congressional districts seat by seat, which will require a lot of concentrated money and resources, superb candidates, weak opponents, and a lot of luck. The President won't be on the ballot to lift Democratic vote totals in marginal districts, and while the economy is improving, voters are not rewarding Democrats with higher approval ratings and Obama's job approval rating is above ten points below where it needs to be in order for him to generate an off-year bandwagon effect."

“you know i know”

denver

#5 Jan 30, 2014
This will tell you who the real obstructionists are, Barry and Harry:

http://news.yahoo.com/house-gop-leaders-urge -...

House GOP leaders urge Obama, Dems to act on bills

Harry Reid says go to hell, he'll not allow anything from the House onto the Senate floor

“you know i know”

denver

#6 Jan 30, 2014
What Obama still hasn't figured out about being president

For a week leading up to the president’s Tuesday address, White House advisers were trying out yet another new catchphrase, telling any reporter they could find that President Barack Obama had discovered he had “a phone and a pen,” and he intended to use them in the year ahead. Up until now, apparently, the president has been relying on the quill and telegraph Rutherford B. Hayes left behind, so this is kind of a breakthrough.

This pen-and-phone business represents a pretty stunning admission from a president five years into his term – that he and his senior aides are still groping about for ways to wield the power of the office, and that they have essentially given up on legislating. Their latest strategy holds that, since a small number of Republican lawmakers have effectively decided to thwart the public will, Obama must resort to doing the things he can do on his own, mainly by signing executive orders and making lots of calls.

In an ABC News poll released last weekend, a few days before Obama’s address, only 37 percent of voters said they had confidence in Obama to make the right decisions, compared with 61 percent when he took office. Only 47 percent said he understands the problems of ordinary Americans. In other words, Obama isn’t tanking simply because nihilistic conservatives are bent on blocking his policies. Rather, conservatives can get away with blocking his policies because the voters aren’t persuaded they’ll work.

ws.yahoo.com/what-obama-still-hasn-t-figured -...

fail
Bee Eff Dee

Auburn, MA

#7 Jan 31, 2014
Dude, stay on topic man.
-
How wacky is the Italian justice system? Guilty, then innocent (not, not guilty but actually found innocent) then guilty again? Make up your minds.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jan 31, 2014
Funny how none of these headlines focus on Sollecito, who is actually at risk of going back to jail........Knox is safe is the USA as long as she stays here.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#9 Jan 31, 2014
Bee Eff Dee wrote:
Dude, stay on topic man.
-
How wacky is the Italian justice system? Guilty, then innocent (not, not guilty but actually found innocent) then guilty again? Make up your minds.
YES!

Will the US honor the eventual Italian extradition request. On one hand the US doesn't always honor requests from a country where the person was legally acquitted or tried several times for the same crime which violates the US constitution. Some same we have to extradite her for street cred with other countries so they honor our requests.

Also more creepy is that the current administration puts more credence on international treaties than the US constitution.

http://www.tpnn.com/2013/10/31/obama-doj-clai...

http://news.yahoo.com/us-likely-extradite-kno...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/26/justice/knox-ex...

Was Knox involved or present in some way like a drug fueled orgy & frenzy-probably. Did she actually stab Kercher, probably not. This is basically a trial for accessory to murder as far as I am concerned. Even though a serious offense it's not like she was THE murderer. They already have the bartender I think for the actual stabbing.

Also going back to the US constitution and international treaties. A right to a speedy trial IS a right in the US, Is a 6 six process in Italy a 'speedy' trial or a trial of your peers?.

This comes down to international treaties vs the US constitution.
bahce

Istanbul, Turkey

#10 Jan 31, 2014
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#11 Jan 31, 2014
boo ya wrote:
Funny how none of these headlines focus on Sollecito, who is actually at risk of going back to jail........Knox is safe is the USA as long as she stays here.
Saw where he left then came back. Wonder if he's still trying to ride the Knox waive of lawyers and PR to free his butt.

I think these kids were so high they couldn't even count to 10 on that day.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#12 Jan 31, 2014
Amanda Knox case to pit US Constitution vs international treaties or the extradition treaty/agreement with Italy.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-03-26...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13 Jan 31, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Time for a recap:
The SOTU address by Barry Bongo, let me summarize.
"Good evening my fellow Americans, blab, blab, blab, wealth disparity, blab, blab, blab, tax the rich, blab, blab, George Bush, blab,blab,blab, lack of opportunity, blab,blab,blab, Rush hates me, blab,bab,blab, Fox News, blab,blab,blab, obstructionist republicans, blab,blab,blab, work with congress, blab,blab,blab, create jobs, blab,blab,blab, year of action, blab,blab,blab, income inequality, blab,blab,blab, Herbert Hoover, blab,blab,blab, George Bush, blab,blab,blab, Bush recession, blab,blab,blab, the rich have too much,blab,blab,blab, globall warming, blab, blab, blab, Bush recession, blab,blab,blab,$480 billion jobs program, blab,blab,blab, lobster and arugula, blab,blab,blab, where's Bengazi, blab,blab,blab, what IRS scandal, blab,blab,blab."
Thank you and good night.
found the 2.3 trillion yet??

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#14 Jan 31, 2014
Bee Eff Dee wrote:
And that differs from the US justice system how?

And she wasn't found innocent: her first trial conviction was overturned.

“you know i know”

denver

#15 Jan 31, 2014
ex man wrote

The Broncos suck! LMAO

Too bad they don't have Buttertooth Elway playing for them anymore.

They might have had a chance.....

“you know i know”

denver

#16 Jan 31, 2014
Bee Eff Dee wrote:
Dude, stay on topic man.
-
get off of this thread, all of you
Bee Eff Dee

Auburn, MA

#17 Jan 31, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And that differs from the US justice system how?
And she wasn't found innocent: her first trial conviction was overturned.
I was listening to a radio news piece that explained that in Italy "innocent" is used along with "guilty" and "not guilty" . Im no Italian justice major but apparently innocent and not guilty arent the same things over there. The reporter explained that the appeal court found her "innocent" and expressed the finding vs "not guilty".
-
And yes, the US justice system is far from perfect.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#18 Jan 31, 2014
harmonious wrote:
This will tell you who the real obstructionists are, Barry and Harry:
http://news.yahoo.com/house-gop-leaders-urge -...
House GOP leaders urge Obama, Dems to act on bills
Harry Reid says go to hell, he'll not allow anything from the House onto the Senate floor
You mean Harry won't consider the 48th House-sponsored
repeal of the Affordable Care Act for action in the Senate?

Gee, why not?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#19 Jan 31, 2014
Bee Eff Dee wrote:
<quoted text>I was listening to a radio news piece that explained that in Italy "innocent" is used along with "guilty" and "not guilty" . Im no Italian justice major but apparently innocent and not guilty arent the same things over there.
The first conviction- guilty- means the same in the US and Italy.

The appeal that turned over the first decision ("innocent") is not the same as innocent, no, in the US it would not mean innocent or even not guilty, it would be as if the first decision did not happen.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#20 Jan 31, 2014
This is a perfect example of choosing your friends wisely. It appears Knox could have been a bit of a wild child and enjoyed partying and hooking up. The dead roommate was probably getting sick of her and her sloppiness. She probably told her parents about her.

Guedde was their dealer and they all got high. He killed the roommate and tried to frame Knox and her boyfriend. They were young immature and clueless about entanglements with the law....unlike Guedde. By the time officials realized Guedde was the killer, they were so pissed off at Knox and her boyfriend, they went after them too.

I doubt she took the charges seriously at first because she didn't commit the crime.She got the Italian officials mad and they most likely had anti American sentiments. Her mistake was involving herself with a criminal and acting so irresponsibly.

Guedde killed the girl and made a deal to get the American girl who didn't have much respect for the officials.

She should not have to serve one more day in prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 7 min Huh 1,541
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 9 min scirocco 153
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,154,463
For Obama, a good December, but hard choices li... 14 min Manson Obama Squeaky 39
Studies Show Voters Can Be Swayed on Gay Marria... 37 min Wondering 27
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Edmond Pulpo 181,905
Cuba and the Ghosts in America's Backyard 44 min Cordwainer Trout 2
More from around the web