Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

Dec 21, 2012 Full story: NBC29 2,688

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Nov 11

Anderson, IN

#261 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of murders committed by gun owners were legal right up to the point they pulled the trigger.
E.G.: the Connecticut killer.
If you truly believe he was the legal owner of those firearms I have some ocean front property to sell you - CHEAP!!!! I am sure other property owners will sell you theirs as well.

I suspect the majority of murders are committed by thugs killing other thugs, none of whom can legally own a fire arm. If you can prove otherwise please provide a link.

Anderson, IN

#262 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
For most, it was understood.
Still waiting for that percentage of ".223" handguns.
I said it was a fraction of one percent- I could be wrong there, it is closer to a fraction of a fraction of one percent.
Based on the posts responding to your blanket statement it was "understood" only by you.

Again, the percentage is likely close to the percentage of legal firearm owners that committed a violent crime. An even smaller percentage would be the number of legally owned firearms that were used to commit a murder. In 2009, 9,146 homicides with a gun. Over 270,000,000 firearms were legally owned. http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/unit...
Lowell

Minneapolis, MN

#263 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You learn how to spell 'caseing' yet?
Have ya figured out what a caliper is?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#264 Dec 30, 2012
Liberish wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh wrong on that one genius. Illegal the moment he laid his paws on them.
No.

If you let borrow your stuff, it becomes implied consent. The killer's mother was a gun gnutter- that is how he was able to put his hands on the assault weapon in the first place. She took him to the gun range and she allowed him to get his juices following by firing the assault weapon.

It's 'hilarious' that gun gnutters want to absolve themselves of responsibility here (as the NRA has): oh, it isn't out fault that he shot these children ten and eleven times with a gun we fought so hard for him to have access to... we wanted the assault weapon to be used to kill varmints.... lots and lots and lots of varmints without having to reload...

January sessions and gun legislation is weeks away, the legislators are not going to be able to hid behind the NRA.

Location hidden

#265 Dec 30, 2012
Lowell wrote:
<quoted text>

Bottom line is it's something few gun owners would find usefull. Maybe some gang bangers would like the lound bang when shot but the muzzel jump once shot will make the second round hit the trees.
Let's see...

Two sentences...'usefull'...'lound '...'muzzel'

What's a muzzel, honey?

Do you really want to play the spelling game?

Location hidden

#266 Dec 30, 2012
Lowell wrote:
<
Most buy a handgun because of it's size, easy to hide.
It's, darling?

Location hidden

#267 Dec 30, 2012
Lowell wrote:
<Any handgun using a .223 rifle cartridge won't be easy to hide or shoot accuratly and be very loud when shot.
'accuratly'?

Location hidden

#268 Dec 30, 2012
Lowell wrote:
<quoted text>
AR 15 type military rifles are used for hunting many varmits.
What's a 'varmit'?

Location hidden

#269 Dec 30, 2012
Lowell wrote:
<quoted text>
.223 and 7.62 define the diameter of a bullet.
One could load one of those bullets into a handgun caseing and shoot it in a handgun having a barrel of correct diameter.
However .223 and 7.62 are normally used to define the military rifles those cartridges are used in. The .223 and 7.62 cartridges used in those military rifles are NOT handgun shell caseings and few if any handguns use those shells.
Handgun shell caseings are much shorter than rifle shell caseings because of the size of a handgun AND the need for less powder in a handgun as opposed to a rifle.
You see handguns are shot while being held in the shooters hand and a rifle is shot from the shooters shoulder. IF a handgun was chamdered for just say a .308 rifle shell and shot the shooter would probably be hurt as a result.
You really need to study firearms a little more in order to make meaningful contributions to a thread on same.

You are currently boreing us who know firearms and cartridges.
Mother load...

a handgun *** caseing *** and

NOT ***shell caseings and

** caseings *** shell caseings*** because of

handgun held in ***the shooters hand ***

handgun was *** chamdered *** for just

You are currently ***boreing*** us who know cartridges.

+++

I wouldn't play the spelling game, sticky gums, if I were you.

Location hidden

#270 Dec 30, 2012
Lowell wrote:
<quoted text>
Have ya figured out what a caliper is?
Have you figured out what a muzzel is?

Let me know, dear: you spell worse than I type.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#275 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
'accuratly'?
Re-read post 264, Iím not sure youíre in a good position to critique otherís English skills.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#276 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
If you let borrow your stuff, it becomes implied consent. The killer's mother was a gun gnutter- that is how he was able to put his hands on the assault weapon in the first place. She took him to the gun range and she allowed him to get his juices following by firing the assault weapon.
It's 'hilarious' that gun gnutters want to absolve themselves of responsibility here (as the NRA has): oh, it isn't out fault that he shot these children ten and eleven times with a gun we fought so hard for him to have access to... we wanted the assault weapon to be used to kill varmints.... lots and lots and lots of varmints without having to reload...
January sessions and gun legislation is weeks away, the legislators are not going to be able to hid behind the NRA.
Outside of the fact that you're using pure speculation, people are still accountable for their actions, period. Guns are innanimate objects and don't do anything by themselves.
You're right, and this issue is one way to ensure a full republican sweep of the house and 1/3 of the senate in 2014. I'm guessing a compromise of a temporary assualt weapon ban, like the one that just expired, tops.
Drug laws don't stop drugs, and speed limits don't stop speeders.
Lowell

Minneapolis, MN

#277 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you figured out what a muzzel is?
Let me know, dear: you spell worse than I type.
Caliper?
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#279 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Your "what if" arguments do go on....he could have just as easily walked into the classroom with a strap-on-bomb and vaporized them all. The problem is not the GUN....the problem is that peopled want to kill each other! You gun gnutters all seem to think that taking away the guns will stop the killing....sadly reasonable and responsible gun owners all know that logic to be flawed.
Lowell

Minneapolis, MN

#280 Dec 30, 2012
josh green wrote:
<quoted text>
That'd be your garden variety possum or raccoon, maybe a squirrel or rabbit too. Just about any small mammal that has the ability to piss you off
In Minnesota varmits include:

Mice, rats, squirrls, chipmonks, cats, snakes, starlings, crows, woodchucks, gophers, some fish, skunks, possum, raccoons, volls, etc....

If it moves and you don't want to eat it it's a varmit.
Lowell

Minneapolis, MN

#283 Dec 30, 2012
josh green wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha, we've been known to eat our varmits.
Whats a Voll?
We eat some varmits as well.

A voll is a little critter that is the size of a mouse. They scurry around in leaves in the forest floor fun to plink. If ya shoot them with a 12ga they are vaporized, no trace. Don't eat 'em.

Anderson, IN

#287 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
If you let borrow your stuff, it becomes implied consent.
Let me get this straight. If you ask to borrow my car, and I permit you to use it, do you think you can take my car any time you want after that and that would make you the legal owner (as in legally owned firearm)? Three month later you can grab my keys and bug out?

If you truly believe that, I still have that ocean front property that would be quite nice for you!
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#288 Dec 30, 2012
So the idiot Democrats try to pass a "one bullet" law. How does that work in the ghetto? They have better fire power then the police. Are you going to disarm Obama's homies too? I don't think so.
Liberish

AOL

#289 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You have officially descended into babble. You are now spewing nonsense, actually not just now you have been doing it for a while.

Borrow her stuff? Really..... Let me get this. He shot her and then "borrowed her stuff"????

Your spelling critiques are very very impressive. Not really, I'm just pandering to your obvious inflated sense of intelligence.

Which by the way with your logic and reasoning skills I'd estimate is on the same level as a muskrat. Now that is prophetic, a muskrat is a varmint.

If you let someone talk long enough, it is usually not hard to figure them out.

You have talked yourself into the idiot zone.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#291 Dec 30, 2012
There is only one common denominator where people and guns are concerned. There's all types of people who own guns and treat them responsibly, as are there those who don't. There are all types of guns, all being potentially deadly. As long as people are allowed to own guns tragedies will always occur, no way around it, Take guns out of the mix as other countries have done and gun crimes go down. But as arrogant as the US population is about their rats, that won't happen any time soon. So we wait for the next insidious crime to take place,and it will, and wonder how it could of happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ObamaCare Returns as an Election Albatross 5 min Responsibility 5
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Incognito4Ever 1,126,232
3 states deny gay unions despite appellate rulings 9 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 11
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 10 min Edmond Pulpo 95
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min jacques Ottawa 179,350
Record number of black candidates seeking office 24 min Swedenforever 29
Hillary Clinton stumps for Udall in Colorado, c... 27 min Le Duped 31

US Senate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE