Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

Dec 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC29

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Comments (Page 120)

Showing posts 2,381 - 2,400 of2,689
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>It's ok for you to plahiarize,
You don't know what plagiarism means, apparently... putting aside your problems with spelling it.
Maxamillion

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's remember your standard of proof is: you guess.
Prove different.
Maxamillion

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess he wasn't there to stop the gun lover from killing the bus driver or stealing that boy in Alabama.
Here's another gun lover not doing such a good job of protecting his family:
Two women were shot to death and a man was also fatally shot in an apparent murder-suicide in Oxnard, police said Wednesday night.
The women were found after officers responded about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday to reports of shots fired in the 1200 block of Hull Place, police said.
About 30 minutes later, police received another report of shots fired in the 200 block of Marquita Street. They found a man dead from a gunshot wound.
"We have reason to believe that his wound was self-inflicted," Det. Luis McArthur told The Times.
He said investigators had not established a motive but suspect that the slayings were related.
"Right now we have no reason to believe there is any immediate threat to public safety," McArthur said.
And multiple stabbings occur daily, your point is?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Maxamillion wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove different.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

I have your quote that you are guessing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Maxamillion wrote:
<quoted text>
And multiple stabbings occur daily, your point is?
How many people are holding a boy in a bomb shelter five days with a knife?

Here's another husband protecting the family.

Note this isn't a story from last year...

(quote)
Joshua Tree man suspected of killing wife
By Melissa Pinion-Whitt, The (San Bernardino County) Sun
Posted: 01/31/2013 07:09:30 AM PST

Sheriff's deputies arrested a Joshua Tree man Wednesday on suspicion of fatally shooting his wife in their home.

San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies received a call at midnight regarding a shooting in the 61000 block of Alta Vista Drive.

They arrived and found Christy Phipps, 35, dead of a gunshot wound. Deputies interviewed Phipps' husband, Joseph Phipps, and then arrested him.

He was booked into West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga on suspicion of the killing.

Since: Nov 11

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all the killings in Chicago are murders, spoogebreath.
I understand: now you have to pretend you said something else.
I have the quote, dear.
Wipe your chin.
And get a spellchecker.
Neither are the 32,000 per year you keep posting, if you want to play word games.

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it was a gun free zone.
It was in Alabama.
What a shame you aren't able to show us all your defense to someone who is holding a gun at your head while you are driving a school bus.
Let's start with a given: the school bus driver is more a man than you will ever be.
Places you can not carry a firearm even with a permit.- "and shall include a school bus used for K-12." AL Title 13A-11-72A http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/alabama.pdf

The rest of your post is your typical 3rd grade debate tactics you revert to when you are clueless.

Cue the crickets.

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what plagiarism means, apparently... putting aside your problems with spelling it.
Sadly for you I do. Let me get this straight - you have never made a typo? We are still waiting for you to tell us what "caliper" a firearm is. People who are going to be not only the grammar police but the spelling police should be perfect.

But now to the original question. It is OK for you to plagiarize, copy & paste but not anyone else?
look

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Taco Beller wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun control works about as good as drug control. China and the UN are pressuring the US gov to disarm Americans. These people could care less about children or any of you. They want America a slave state.
This is what will happen if you clamp down on guns
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
I have your quote that you are guessing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Why don't you prove what he wants or admit you can't? Then you don't have to come across as not sure.

For your reading pleasure -

David Erives and his wife were in their Omaha, Neb. home when a man began pounding on their back door. The wife went to answer the door, but upon opening it, the man grabbed her and came inside the house. To protect his wife, Erives retrieved a rifle and shot the criminal once in the leg and ordered the home invader to the floor. When the intruder didnít comply, Erives shot the man again, this time in the chest, killing him.
Police are conducting an investigation, but have told local media,ďat this point all indications are that the shooting was justified.Ē(WOWT, Omaha, Neb.)

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a database of crimes committed by CCW holders.
None exist.
You therefore CANNOT make declarative statements regarding crimes committed by CCW holders.
Especially when using estimates of figures of a portion of crimes committed in a portion of some states that are in some degree recorded.
You don't know.
You imply daily several times (daily)that gun owners are fat guys who regularly kill their wife. Yet when contrary percentages are provided to you they are ignored. Sometimes you have to take the best technical data available. I have to ask if the states that do provide CCW holders statistics showed they were more violent wouldn't you be on it like stink on feces. We all know you would but will you admit it?

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress rushed to pass legislation to strengthen security controls. On October 23, 2001, Republican Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner introduced H.R. 3162 incorporating provisions from a previously sponsored House bill and a Senate bill also introduced earlier in the month. The next day on October 24, 2001, the Act passed the House 357 to 66, with Democrats comprising the overwhelming portion of dissent. The following day on October 25, 2001, the Act passed the Senate by 98 to 1, with Russ Feingold the only opposition.
Viet Dinh has been called a "political pit bull" and "a foot soldier" for Attorney General John Ashcroft. But the 36-year-old author of the Patriot Act prefers to be called an "attendant of freedom."
In May 2001, the professor of law at Georgetown University was tapped by the Justice Department to work for two years as an assistant attorney general, working primarily on judicial nominations for the department. But three months later the World Trade Center towers collapsed, and Dinh was drafted to work on the USA Patriot Act, a bill that would give the government some of its most controversial surveillance powers. The bill, coupled with the government's subsequent treatment of immigrants and native-born citizens, prompted critics to charge the administration with overthrowing "800 years of democratic tradition."
Dinh worked with future Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff as associate special counsel to the Senate committee investigating President Bill Clintonís Whitewater dealings. From there, just three years out of law school, he went to Georgetown, where he was teaching corporate and constitutional law when another president decided he wanted the tireless Dinh on his side.
In May 2001, Bush appointed Dinh to be an assistant attorney general ó the highest government position a Vietnamese-American had held up to that point ó and tasked him with overseeing the Justice Departmentís Office of Legal Policy.
After 19 Muslim extremists hijacked four American commercial flights and altered the course of U.S. history, Dinh worked behind the scenes as the chief architect of the Patriot Act and a bevy of other laws and policies that have drawn either fire or applause, depending on oneís position on the political spectrum.
Did they not write the bill?
Introduce it?
Pass it?
Sign it?
It couldn't be their fault.
For claiming NOT to be a teabagger, you sure think like one.
Of course they're repackaged republicans anyway.
They passed the legislation on their own with a Senate Majority?

The Patriot Act was actually written as The Anti-Terrorism Act of 2001, by members of the justice department Michael Chertoff and Viet Dinh.

Chertoff is credited with authoring the Patriot Act, the 300-plus page blueprint for the modern National Security State; patterned to great extent on the successes of the KGB in the Soviet system. Source: http://rense.com/general77/chert.htm

Now if you listen to Biden, heíll claim itís based on his 1995 Omnibus Counterterrorism Act. http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/12/joe-bi...

Funny, you copy/paste directly from Wiki. You failed to give Wiki credit. Anytime someone makes a post like yours I will use google to find source of exact phrase.

Look beyond Wiki to learn about a subject. You made yourself look foolish. Your desperation to blame a single party has no bounds. Democrats *AND* Republicans are responsible for the Patriot Act. SCOTUS is equally responsible for not striking down the unconstitutional legislation.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
We didn't mail the teabags.
We don't wear teabags.
YOU people do.
Again, I am not a member of the Tea Party nor do I support the Tea Party. You treat politics like a team sport. Iím sorry itís too complicated for you to understand.
Tray

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interested in your machinations trying to justify fabricated numbers.
Hey fool those were your numbers.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The truth stings.
Oct 25, 2010
From the moment Obama entered office, right-wing conservatives embraced the posture of hell-bent opposition. Recall, in Jan. 2009, hate radio host Rush Limbaugh expressed his hope that Obama fails. One month later, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell proudly embraced Limbaugh at a conservative conference. The fringe rhetoric of far right activists had quickly become the de facto governing strategy of the Republican leadership, as they adopted a posture of obstructionism.
Believing that the Republican strategy of opposition has played to his political benefit, McConnell is pledging to do more of the same if Republicans win back the Senate. In an interview with the National Journalís Major Garrett, McConnell candidly acknowledged that he feels his ďsingle most importantĒ job is to defeat President Obama in 2012:
We need to be honest with the public. This election is about them, not us. And we need to treat this election as the first step in retaking the government. We need to say to everyone on Election Day,ďThose of you who helped make this a good day, you need to go out and help us finish the job.Ē
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president".
"Party before country", it's the teabagger way.
Because of Limbaughís statements? I donít like Limbaugh. Iíll offer you a free clue. Radio hosts such as Limbaugh earn their money but inciting anger in people. Limbaugh does not speak for me nor anyone else. He speaks for himself.

It appears that bit of drivel you posted was written by Faiz Shakir. Again, you fail to give credit when you copy/paste. Do you know the background of Shakir? In 2000 he allegedly was involved in raising money for Islamic Terrorists.

You complain about Limbaugh, this guy is far worse http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/nanc...

Hereís a bit more about him http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.as...

Iím surprised the left embraces an anti-Semite.

Youíre correct, sometimes the truth does sting. Youíve just been stung.
Tray

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't use his firearm to subdue the child, idiot.
I see your fellow gun lover still has that boy locked up in his bomb shelter.
You know: the one that shot the bus driver in the chest when he refused to let the gun lover steal two boys?
How do you know how he subdued the boy or if the gun played a roll. The point being the blood bath you predicted would happen when schools were armed didn't happen. Proof forcing bus drivers to be defenseless is deadly to them. Two instances here, one an attacker was stopped by an armed person the other unarmed died. Can you see the facts in front of your nose?
Tray

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
plagiarized copy & paste.
Poor baby don't like seeing Obama's plan in the news. Find a hole in the sand and put your head there.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of CCW license holders kill their wives every year, huh? Please provide any proof you can find of such.
Even the VERY BIASED Violence Policy Center {spit} disagrees with you. According to their statistics, which also include suicides, CCW holders only kill about 84 people a year nationally. In fact about a year ago on another thread, by using VPC and FBI stats, I showed that there were approx. 919 killings per month by those NOT having a CCW, as opposed to 7 killings per month by those with a CCW. I think I will stick with the CCW crowd. Thanks for playing.
Donít confuse him with facts. Heíll quickly discard the information and repeat his same bullshit.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
They passed the legislation on their own with a Senate Majority?
The Patriot Act was actually written as The Anti-Terrorism Act of 2001, by members of the justice department Michael Chertoff and Viet Dinh.
Chertoff is credited with authoring the Patriot Act, the 300-plus page blueprint for the modern National Security State; patterned to great extent on the successes of the KGB in the Soviet system. Source: http://rense.com/general77/chert.htm
Now if you listen to Biden, heíll claim itís based on his 1995 Omnibus Counterterrorism Act. http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/12/joe-bi...
Funny, you copy/paste directly from Wiki. You failed to give Wiki credit. Anytime someone makes a post like yours I will use google to find source of exact phrase.
Look beyond Wiki to learn about a subject. You made yourself look foolish. Your desperation to blame a single party has no bounds. Democrats *AND* Republicans are responsible for the Patriot Act. SCOTUS is equally responsible for not striking down the unconstitutional legislation.
"Look beyond Wiki to learn about a subject. You made yourself look foolish".

Seems one of the sources given in the Rense link is.......... WIKI.

You then look to a "blog" to further "educate" yourself on the subject?

Then calling someone else "foolish"?

Figures.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a database of crimes committed by CCW holders.
None exist.
You therefore CANNOT make declarative statements regarding crimes committed by CCW holders.
Especially when using estimates of figures of a portion of crimes committed in a portion of some states that are in some degree recorded.
You don't know.
They were not MY statements, idiot. They were from the VPC. You really should do something about that reading comprehension problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,381 - 2,400 of2,689
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••