Tea Party out-muscles Boehner on bord...

Tea Party out-muscles Boehner on border-security funding

There are 187 comments on the Reuters story from Jul 31, 2014, titled Tea Party out-muscles Boehner on border-security funding. In it, Reuters reports that:

A bill to fund border security blew up in House Speaker John Boehner's face on Thursday, leaving Republicans in disarray and struggling to reconcile Tea Party demands with the need to deal with a humanitarian crisis on the southwestern border with Mexico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
brad

Marlborough, CT

#1 Aug 1, 2014
Theres no humanitarian crisis on the border,its a downright crime against humanity and our entire Government is taking the month of August off.

They'll all have to focus on the mid-term elections when they get back in September and before you know it the holiday break will be on us.

Crisis schmisis.

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#2 Aug 1, 2014
Report: Illegal immigrant kids exposed federal agents to lice, scabies, tuberculosis and chicken pox

Unaccompanied illegal immigrant children with communicable diseases have given or exposed federal agents to lice, scabies, tuberculosis and chicken pox, according to a report issued Thursday by...

COMING TO A SCHOOL NEAR YOU.

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#3 Aug 1, 2014
brad wrote:
Theres no humanitarian crisis on the border,its a downright crime against humanity and our entire Government is taking the month of August off.
They'll all have to focus on the mid-term elections when they get back in September and before you know it the holiday break will be on us.
Crisis schmisis.
I guess the Tea Party isn't dead after all. Quite a shock to the MSM and the liberals that have proclaimed it was dead. Which is as Obama did with his proclamation about decimating Al Qaeda.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#4 Aug 1, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the Tea Party isn't dead after all. Quite a shock to the MSM and the liberals that have proclaimed it was dead. Which is as Obama did with his proclamation about decimating Al Qaeda.
Ha, Tea Bags are dipped and dried in America. You have to look adquate against Boehner. What Speaker cant whip the House to get his own legislation passed?

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#5 Aug 1, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, Tea Bags are dipped and dried in America. You have to look adquate against Boehner. What Speaker cant whip the House to get his own legislation passed?
NYT.........There is a 60% chance the republicans will take the Senate

Washington Post- There is a 86% chance the republicans will take the Senate......
Straw Grasping Teabaggers

Providence, UT

#6 Aug 1, 2014
GOP candidate:'Tea party' is losing influence

A leading Republican candidate for Congress in Arizona says the "tea party" has lost strength, noting only a handful of people showed up at an event he attended recently.

Tobin said he used to speak at tea party events in Yavapai County that drew 500 to 1,000 people, but no longer draw such crowds. "

The Tea Party is full of has-beens and never-will-bes.
Cat74

Hanover Park, IL

#7 Aug 1, 2014
Most meetings of the Taxed Enough Already people are small. There are many just in private homes, or vacant buildings in small towns. It doesn't take much to get like minded people to the polls, especially when they all want the same thing, smaller government, lower taxes, closed borders, and illegals returned to their country of origin. In the mean time get lots of target practice, buy your guns, and ammo legally, and be ready for anything.
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

#8 Aug 1, 2014
Repugs were never taught to wipe by their moms. Evident by their screwed work ethic. If I had employees like that I'd be bankrupt before Christ was born. Least we know where all the totally worthless failed lawyers draw their breath and paychecks.Talk about lying? Congress got a patent on it!

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#9 Aug 1, 2014
fatbacks x wrote:
Repugs were never taught to wipe by their moms. Evident by their screwed work ethic. If I had employees like that I'd be bankrupt before Christ was born. Least we know where all the totally worthless failed lawyers draw their breath and paychecks.Talk about lying? Congress got a patent on it!
Report: Illegal immigrant kids exposed federal agents to lice, scabies, tuberculosis and chicken pox

Unaccompanied illegal immigrant children with communicable diseases have given or exposed federal agents to lice, scabies, tuberculosis and chicken pox, according to a report issued Thursday by...

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#10 Aug 1, 2014
Straw Grasping Teabaggers wrote:
GOP candidate:'Tea party' is losing influence
A leading Republican candidate for Congress in Arizona says the "tea party" has lost strength, noting only a handful of people showed up at an event he attended recently.
Tobin said he used to speak at tea party events in Yavapai County that drew 500 to 1,000 people, but no longer draw such crowds. "
The Tea Party is full of has-beens and never-will-bes.
Cantor says he'll resign sooner than expected, waaaaaaaa I'm taking my ball and going home.....another one bites the dust from the Tea Party that libs say never was..........course they say that about lost emails. too.
Cat74

Hanover Park, IL

#11 Aug 1, 2014
You can tell when the Democrats are losing the discussion, they try to change the subject. I love it.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#12 Aug 1, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>NYT.........There is a 60% chance the republicans will take the Senate
Washington Post- There is a 86% chance the republicans will take the Senate......
ROFL, reduced to playing the same old tune on a one record juke box.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#13 Aug 1, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Report: Illegal immigrant kids exposed federal agents to lice, scabies, tuberculosis and chicken pox
Unaccompanied illegal immigrant children with communicable diseases have given or exposed federal agents to lice, scabies, tuberculosis and chicken pox, according to a report issued Thursday by...
looks like a scuffle to change the discussion. Border Agent are exposed to no more than personal at you county lock up.
kuda

Loveland, OH

#14 Aug 1, 2014
John Boehner "leads" his caucus in character as cowardly lion, which renders him ineffective in that role. Since tea partiers are all about bullying over reason muscle over mind the only way to get control of them is to crack a whip, not try to appease them. It was entirely predictable that they'd eat him for breakfast. Had he been wise, he would have followed Eric Cantor when he walked out "early" (i.e., under his own terms, so to speak) a reminder to be careful what we ask for.
Cat74

Hanover Park, IL

#15 Aug 1, 2014
Texas Rancher says 259 dead illegals have turned up in one county since 2012. They showed edited pictures, because some were so sickening, people with their eyes plucked out by wild birds. He said the worst part is how the rest of the country knows nothing about what is happening to these people. It is completely blocked out unless you have access to certain sites. Most liberals wouldn't even know where to look. They don't want to know the truth.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#16 Aug 1, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
Report: Illegal immigrant kids exposed federal agents to lice, scabies, tuberculosis and chicken pox
Lie.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#18 Aug 1, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the Tea Party isn't dead after all.
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Yes, the real Republicans are sweating bullets!

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
brad

Marlborough, CT

#19 Aug 2, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Report: Illegal immigrant kids exposed federal agents to lice, scabies, tuberculosis and chicken pox
Unaccompanied illegal immigrant children with communicable diseases have given or exposed federal agents to lice, scabies, tuberculosis and chicken pox, according to a report issued Thursday by...


Yep.

Now the CDC is flying people with ebola in from W.Africa.

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#20 Aug 2, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL, reduced to playing the same old tune on a one record juke box.
Awe, poor baby, still name calling when you can't answer with facts.....time for another pity party.

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#21 Aug 2, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like a scuffle to change the discussion. Border Agent are exposed to no more than personal at you county lock up.
PAPER: Hundreds of dead border-crossers in single Texas county...

Rancher shares grotesque photos...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trum... 50 min USawarringIdiotSo... 74
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 192,324
News Hispanic leaders tepid to GOP reaction to Trump 3 hr USawarringIdiotSo... 28
News America celebrates July 4 with parades, hot dog... 3 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 5
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 4 hr Anonymous 2,200
News Hillary Clinton delivers first presidential cam... 4 hr Angel99 173
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr shinningelectr0n 1,251,797
More from around the web