Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#53641 Mar 8, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
so your view is that people should just watch and enjoy while thier property is stolen and destroyed and you believe everyone on the jury will agree with your perverse view
Don't put words in my mouth.

I think if he considered Trayvon "suspicious" he should have called 911, followed the dispatcher's instructions and waited for LE to do their job. Uniforms were on the way.

Location hidden

#53642 Mar 8, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
The Thug Zimmerman apologists always have a tough time explaining how Thug Zimmerman got to the place where he killed an innocent child.
Let them tell it, Thug Zimmerman got there through no fault of his own.
That's but one reason there will be no SYG hearing before the trial.
Thug Zimmerman's explanations just don't add up.
Nope, they don't. O'Mara can schedule and cancel, schedule and cancel all the SYG hearings he wants to. He's only doing that for the media. We all know he would never allow his client to take the stand.

Reminds me of when he asked the second judge if Zimmerthugman could testify without being cross examined. Wonder what country he thought he was in. Well, it was good for a laugh. Even the judge smirked.

Location hidden

#53643 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us why you are too frightened to post any of this evidence????
You have made these claims for a year but can't post one fact that shows Zim broke any law.........LOL
You refuse to discuss this case. You continue to sling out your trademark lines. Ho hum. Yawn.

Location hidden

#53644 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text> I am certainly willing to accept truth and facts. I am not defending a thug anymore than you are defending a juvenile delinquent. Martin was unarmed true.. thats a fact. How do we know that its a fact martin didn't have a weapon because of the police report? The crime scene unit found no weapon? or because George said so or all three.
Every account I have read claims Trayvon was unarmed. Are you trying to start a vicious rumor that he was armed? Sick.

Location hidden

#53645 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
I can remember the verbal thrashing all the martin supporters gave Georges wife for perjury yet when the chief witness for the prosecution lies under oath they are silent.
Not one single martin supporter has said anything about the star witness lying,and how the credibility of her testimony will be scrutinized
This is a blatant lie.

Location hidden

#53646 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
You never know with these types if they are on purple dank, pcp or now even bath salts.......the object is to neutralize and if you fail you may die...
Shooting someone in the leg....with a hand gun......in a combat situation.....and he falls to the ground and begs you not to hurt him..........It's only for TV......Ya may not get a second chance.....
Two issues here.
The right to own and carry firearms.
The right to defend yourself.
The evidence shows Zim was beaten as he lay on his back. If this is not a time you can defend yourself then when is??
We have two types of ash tray supporters..
Anti gunners
Racist blacks
I live were guns are illegal and there is enough gun crimes to make the news up there....
Why should anyone be forced to drive to a different 711 because there are gang bangers nearby??
Both types are wrong........
Even the defense hasn't stooped low enough to concoct such a half assed story as the one you are accepting from Buffoon Bull.

If you are so convinced of Zimmerthugman's innocence, why do you make up lies about Trayvon. That shouldn't be necessary if indeed Zimmerthugman is innocent.

Location hidden

#53647 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go again.. Always answering a question with a question like some little elementary school girl. Grow up already lady.
My point is that if you are so willing to believe the on scene investigators concluding that martin didnt have a weapon ,,then why are you unwilling to believe the rest of the investigation.
You are ignoring the FACT that the police chief was ready to ask the state attorney to charge Zimmerthugman when the case was taken out of their hands and turned over to a special prosecutor, who came to the same conclusion.

Location hidden

#53648 Mar 8, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Thug Zimmerman is a LIAR.
Thug Zimmerman is a woman beater.
Thug Zimmerman is an assaulter of customers.
Thug Zimmerman is a road rager.
Thug Zimmerman is a Deceiver and as a "potted plant."
Thug Zimmerman is an assaulter of law enforcement.
Thug Zimmerman is a Fool.
Thug Zimmerman is a child killer.
Thug Zimmerman allows his homies to take the rap for his actions.
Thug Zimmerman likes hitting Mexicans walking on sidewalks.
Thug Zimmerman is a MURDERER.(according to the state of Florida and me).
Thug Zimmerman is a gluttonous mess!
Now, what is it you were saying?
Also, according to his own web page, he is a gangsta.

He did indeed brag that his fellow thugs did not rat him out but served a year for a crime he had committed.

He was also very proud of the fact that by falsely accusing his "ho" of domestic violence he was able to skate on beating the shit out of her.

Location hidden

#53649 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever retold a traumatic event? If you did, you would know that it more than likely to mix up minor details like that. You are not thinking that you have to keep track of all the details when this event is occuring. Have you ever been a victim in any kind of event -criminal or civil?
If you 've been a victim, you will know that remembering details may not be as easy for some. You may describe something a little differently the next time and it has nothing to do with guilt or trying to lie. It's one thing to say you were in the hospital the day of a funeral when it isn't true...that's a blatant lie. It's quite another to tell a 911 operator a suspect is running away and not remember the details of the evening as vividly days, weeks or months later. Stress most certainly impacts memory as well.
We all know what you think happened to Martin and we all know the reality. You have been presented with new questions about this case and refuse to address them. So, the star witness lied about her age and her whereabout. Most of us knew she was questionable when she never bothered to call police after she claimed there was a fight and the phone went dead. Wouldn't you think Dee Dee would be concerned for her sweet YOUNG boyfriend? This older woman may have had another kind of involvement with Martin but it probably had more to do with something criminal--based on her reaction that evening and her lies. Why would you lie unless there was something to hide?
Before you answer...please think hard. There is a difference between lies and remembering the details of a traumatic event that happened months ago. Zimmerman has gained nearly 100 pounds since the shooting so obviously the guy is under intense stress due to the threats and the fact he can't even go outside without fear of being killed. With crazy people like you spewing your hatred before all the facts are revealed, it's no wonder he has to hide.
Shellie was lying about money, per instructions from her husband, the thug Zimmerman. She has been charged with perjury. The judge admonished Zimmerthugman for acting like a "potted plant" and allowing her perjury to go unchallenged.

He doesn't have to hide. No one would risk a minute of their life to harm him. Justice will take his course.

Location hidden

#53650 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text> Yes dumb dumb. We all know what George is being CHARGED with. The state has to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt to get a CONVICTION . So far there has not been any rock solid evidence,just speculation and that will not convince a jury .
I also want to say that the states star witness just took a major fall from grace by lying under oath. Can you get that through your simple minded head that her credibility is shot.
Try to keep up
She allegedly lied about why she didn't attend Trayvon's funeral. This has no bearing on the murder case.

You don't have a problem with Zimmerthugman's lies. Why not?

Location hidden

#53651 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> Of course this very special prosecuter bypassed the Grand Jury because this case would have been dead in the water. It wasn't that many years ago, another very 'special' prosecutor accused the Duke lacrosse team of raping a black woman. It turned out she was a liar and a thuggess criminal. Not sure if she paid for her crime either. She used one of her black get out of jail cards. I've heard she's used up all her cards, finally.
Oh ye of little understanding and knowledge. If the case had gone before a GJ and the GJ refused to indict, the prosecutor could have still charged Zimmerman.

Had they voted to indict him, she could have refused to do so.

You need to read up on the laws governing GJs.

The ONLY time a state attorney needs an indictment from a GJ is when it is a capital crime.

Location hidden

#53652 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't she lie in her deposition? I'm pretty sure false testimony is criminal even outside a trial.
According to the judge she has not yet committed perjury..
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#53653 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
You have defended the punk ashtray from the get go.......
You just posted today the words we have a dead body when you were asked about evidence.
You post crap like this lie and refuse to admit it is a lie and defend it..........LOL
On post # 46912 here http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...
The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecution……
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post a link that shows that???
Would you like the link again that proves you wrong???
Burden of proof is on the prosecution.........
http://nationalparalegal.edu/conlawcrimproc_p ...
Moron yea wrote:
lol! Nope. Don't need to son.
That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!
ROTFLMAO!!! Well son, I guess you just proved three times in a row you're a liar.

It's not like it's anything new or earth shattering for anyone other than your limited thinking.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#53654 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes morons like you dont know what a law library is..........LOL
lol! Then why don't you explain it to me son?

Or are you afraid of looking stupid... again?!?!?!?!?!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#53655 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??/
When and where????
Where is this link my little lying troll???
Why cant you repost it like I can??
Is ir because you are black or stupid or both????
On post # 46912 here http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...
The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecution……
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post a link that shows that???
Would you like the link again that proves you wrong???
Burden of proof is on the prosecution.........
http://nationalparalegal.edu/conlawcrimproc_p ...
Moron yea wrote:
lol! Nope. Don't need to son.
That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!
lol! Psst! As usual, your link doesn't work!

You're such a moron son. And it's clear you enjoying proving it over and over and over and over and over and.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#53656 Mar 8, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in Hawaii, stop talking like some dumbass hillbilly. Boy.
lol! Sorry. I didn't mean to be like you. I just thought you'd feel "homey" if I got down to your level.

Guess I couldn't get low enough.

Location hidden

#53657 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking for this "under oath" thing. It's come up several times and I can't locate it.
I don't recall taking "an oath" while taking a deposition.
A deposition is taken under oath. The judge ruled she did not commit perjury.

Location hidden

#53658 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He's already gone outside when he sat down with his interview with Hannity. And he tried to "cut a deal" for an interview with Barbara Walters.
We know what YOU think about him. But it's clear his so called "fear" has limits where money is concerned.
Barbara Walters has seen a lot but even she was shocked at the demands Zimmerman made in exchange for an interview with her. She refused. Wonder what he got from the ones who allowed him to spew more lies on their shows? On Fox, wasn't it. FAUX news is their trademark.
Interested observer

Hamilton, Canada

#53659 Mar 8, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
so your view is that people should just watch and enjoy while thier property is stolen and destroyed and you believe everyone on the jury will agree with your perverse view
That's funny. Nothing I've read on this subject even remotely indicates that Trayvon Martin was in the process of stealing and/or destroying anything. Kind of makes your point moot, doesn't it?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#53660 Mar 8, 2013
George is already trying to get a plea. He is guilty;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 6 min USA Number One 10,338
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 9 min gwww 113
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Susanm 1,402,948
News The Republican Party is dead 21 min WasteWater 2,218
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Jacques in Orlean... 219,241
News Pundit cites 'Dora the Explorer' to criticize K... 41 min Nu Wor Order 2
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 45 min Terra Firma 14,593
More from around the web