Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66309 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44786 Dec 25, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What you're offering is hypothetical.
It doesn't cross the line into facts.
What facts do you speak of here? What fact is there that states Martin did not try to disarm Zimmerman? One two people can provide any facts to that account and one of them is dead.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44787 Dec 25, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The only violence done here was done by Zimmerman. The facts unequivocally and indisputably show that.
A lot of people disagree with you on that. I disagree with you, the police disagree with you, the paramedics who treated Zimmerman's wounds disagree with you, Zimmerman's doctor disagrees with you, and ABC news who made up the BS that Zimmerman had no obvious wounds disagrees with you.

And of course, I'm sure the jury and judge will disagree with you as well.
Sick of it

Hayfield, MN

#44788 Dec 25, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What facts do you speak of here? What fact is there that states Martin did not try to disarm Zimmerman? One two people can provide any facts to that account and one of them is dead.
And the one dead was stalked and harassed and murdered by the one alive....THE ONE WHO SHOULD GET THE CHAIR OR NEEDLE....

If Zimmerman had been black and the Trayvon white you KKK types would be screaming for Zimmermans death,.....FUNNY HOW YOU RACIST PIGS DONT THOUGH.
Sick of it

Hayfield, MN

#44789 Dec 25, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not from a legal point of view you are not. Self defense is not a crime.
Yep Trayvon was defending himself and Zimmerman killed him.
Rosie

Brooksville, FL

#44790 Dec 25, 2012
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
TO ALL...
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you and Buff my favorites!!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44791 Dec 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Once again your opinion doesn't match up to the facts. You sure you're talking about the Thug Zimmerman case?
And, btw, when a murder is committed it doesn't really matter who was bigger or the color of skin. I know, you like to make a deal about the color of the victim. That's why you always mention it.
But just in case you haven't heard...
It's against the law to go around murdering Black children.
Keep up.
And it's legal to murder white children?

Sure size has a lot to do with a case like this. A taller, younger and more athletic person is (in many cases) more difficult if not impossible (as in this case) to defend yourself against. In this case, it seems the only way to stop the attack from Martin was to shoot him. Zimmerman had no idea at what point Martin would stop if he would at all. It could be serious injuries or it could be death. Nobody knows what was in the mind of a wild animal like this.

If Zim testifies that Martin tried to take his gun away from him, it's reasonable to assume his fate would have been death. That aside, it was reported by John the witness that Martin was using karate style punches on Zimmerman. I've studied karate for many years, and trust me, death is very possible when using martial arts. It's nothing to play with.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#44792 Dec 25, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Oww. I got bit!

"Trayvon Martin

Trayvon Benjamin Martin (February 5, 1995 – February 26, 2012) was the son of Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, who were divorced in 1999. He was a junior at Dr. Michael Krop High School and lived with his mother and older brother in Miami Gardens, Florida.[34][35][36]

On the day Martin was fatally shot, he and his father were visiting his father's fiancée and her son at her townhome in The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, a multi-ethnic gated community, where the shooting occurred.[37][38] Martin had visited his father's fiancée at Twin Lakes several times.[39][40]

Post mortem reports gave Martin's body length and weight as 5&#8242;11&#8243;– 6&#8242;0&#8243; (1.80–1.83 m) and 158–160 lb (72–73 kg).[41][42] Statements from Martin's family indicated his height prior to death was 6&#8242;3&#8243; (1.91 m) and weight no more than 150 lb (68 kg).[43]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travon_martin

While height and weight do not determine adult or child status, it's misleading to use the term "child" when referring to Martin. If a kid kills somebody at the age of 15, he or she will be tried as a juvenile. If they are 17, they are likely going to be tried as an adult and be sent to an adult prison. In other words, law makes an exception for people that close to the adult age.
If one is 17 when he is murdered in the state of Florida, he is a child.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Go ahead, look it up.

Also, your research skills are lacking. Go beyond Wikipedia and go straight to the source to find the exact weight and height of Trayvon on the night he was murdered.

I done gave you the source already.

The Truth is waiting for you. Don't be afraid. It won't bite.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44793 Dec 25, 2012
Sick of it wrote:
<quoted text>
And the one dead was stalked and harassed and murdered by the one alive....THE ONE WHO SHOULD GET THE CHAIR OR NEEDLE....
If Zimmerman had been black and the Trayvon white you KKK types would be screaming for Zimmermans death,.....FUNNY HOW YOU RACIST PIGS DONT THOUGH.
if Zimmerman were black and Martin white, it wouldn't have even made the news.

Truth's Door

#44794 Dec 25, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
I guess this cheap service is incapable of just posting what you paste. The weight and height of Martin was 5'11" to 6'0" and his weight between 158 and 160 lbs. His family claimed he was taller at 6'3" and weighed 150 lbs. But of course, you can find that information in the link provided
Soon you'll find Trayvon's exact height and weight on the night he was murdered.

I assure you it was not in a range of numbers. It was EXACT.

I assure you it is NOT what you originally posted.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44795 Dec 25, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not confused you just know nothing about Florida law. The jury can convict him of of the lessor crime of manslaughter. It won't make any difference in his sentence though.
You have no idea what you're talking about. The only way a jury can decide on a lesser charge is if the lesser charge was included in the charges. You can't make up charges as a juror. If that were the case, then what would be the point of a prosecutor? The jury would just hear the case and then decide what they will charge him with. A jury cannot make up their own charges.
Sick of it

Hayfield, MN

#44796 Dec 25, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
if Zimmerman were black and Martin white, it wouldn't have even made the news.
Yet you think a murdered innosent young black kid is fine right you KKK trash?????????? ZIMMERMAN STALKED AND HARASSED AND WHEN TRAYVON DEFENDED HIMSELF ZIMMERMAN SHOT AND KILLED POOR YOUNG TRAYVON..........FACT IS FACT KKK TRASH.....
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44797 Dec 25, 2012
<quoted text>
If one is 17 when he is murdered in the state of Florida, he is a child.
NO EXCEPTIONS.
Go ahead, look it up.
Also, your research skills are lacking. Go beyond Wikipedia and go straight to the source to find the exact weight and height of Trayvon on the night he was murdered.
I done gave you the source already.
The Truth is waiting for you. Don't be afraid. It won't bite.
No, you provided no links to the report, and Wiki reported "post mortem" which means the report of the autopsy.

Truth's Door

#44798 Dec 25, 2012
Sick of it wrote:
Yes alot of people were and are mad. A innosent young kid got shot and killed for nor eason other then he was black. SIMPLE. Zimmerman should get death penalty...SIMPLE
You are correct.

Many believe that Thug Zimmerman stalked and murdered Trayvon with the intent to kill him.

That would be murder in the first, making him eligible for the death penalty. I also believe Thug Zimmerman should face the death penalty just like any other murderer who kills in cold blood.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44799 Dec 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Soon you'll find Trayvon's exact height and weight on the night he was murdered.
I assure you it was not in a range of numbers. It was EXACT.
I assure you it is NOT what you originally posted.
People don't start shrinking until they get in their 60's or so. If Martin had any change in height, it means he only grew larger.

Truth's Door

#44800 Dec 25, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Not from a legal point of view you are not. Self defense is not a crime.
I stand by my post.

You are guilty of a crime if you committed it.

I'll go further...

You are not guilty of a crime if you did not commit it.

Truth's Door

#44801 Dec 25, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>What facts do you speak of here? What fact is there that states Martin did not try to disarm Zimmerman? One two people can provide any facts to that account and one of them is dead.
And one of them is a known LIAR.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44802 Dec 25, 2012
Sick of it wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you think a murdered innosent young black kid is fine right you KKK trash?????????? ZIMMERMAN STALKED AND HARASSED AND WHEN TRAYVON DEFENDED HIMSELF ZIMMERMAN SHOT AND KILLED POOR YOUNG TRAYVON..........FACT IS FACT KKK TRASH.....
You don't know WTF you're even talking about. The only thing you know is the defendant wasn't black and the attacker was. That's all you feel you need to know. Black racist.

Truth's Door

#44803 Dec 25, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of people disagree with you on that. I disagree with you, the police disagree with you, the paramedics who treated Zimmerman's wounds disagree with you, Zimmerman's doctor disagrees with you, and ABC news who made up the BS that Zimmerman had no obvious wounds disagrees with you.

And of course, I'm sure the jury and judge will disagree with you as well.
I don't disagree with her.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44804 Dec 25, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not on the phone with 911. He wasn't on the phone with the police on the non emergency number he made his last call to either.
He made sure he wasn't on the phone after pretending he was going to listen to the cops and stop following Trayvon.
All of these facts are public record and you continue to post lies. Why?
Post a link to these records.

Truth's Door

#44805 Dec 25, 2012
Sick of it wrote:
<quoted text>And the one dead was stalked and harassed and murdered by the one alive....THE ONE WHO SHOULD GET THE CHAIR OR NEEDLE....

You continue to speak the TRUTH on this Christmas morning!

AMEN!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,460,374
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 1 hr Berkly anuzzzbreath 3,167
News The Racist Smear Against Jeff Sessions 1 hr Dennyanuzzzbreath 106
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr INFORWARZ 231,221
News CIA says Russia favored Donald Trump in election 2 hr Aquarius-wy 12
News Kentucky Has a Gay Senate Candidate - Does Anyb... 3 hr Cordwainer Trout 11
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 3 hr king of kings 13,209
More from around the web