Post-shutdown, Cruz remains popular a...

Post-shutdown, Cruz remains popular as ever in Texas

There are 31 comments on the USA Today story from Nov 5, 2013, titled Post-shutdown, Cruz remains popular as ever in Texas. In it, USA Today reports that:

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, whose 21-hour filibuster against the Affordable Care Act prompted the recent government shutdown, remains highly popular with conservative voters in his home state of Texas, a new poll finds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#1 Nov 5, 2013
Ted scares the Democrats.
liberals are heros

Des Moines, IA

#2 Nov 5, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
Only in Texas would a sick demented man like this be popular after costing the country 24 M....he should be sent to prison for life!

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Nov 5, 2013
liberals are heros wrote:
<quoted text>Only in Texas would a sick demented man like this be popular after costing the country 24 M....he should be sent to prison for life!
24 mil won't cover the gratuity, once obamacare gets rolling.
Obama is a Horses Rosette

Medford, NY

#5 Nov 5, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
Marco scares them worse. Eloquent, handsome, and...si habla espanol.

Allentown, PA

#6 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>Only in Texas would a sick demented man like this be popular after costing the country 24 M....he should be sent to prison for life!
Over the years, many businessman have said the poor economy is due in part to You Didn't Build It Obama's policies.
Following your thinking, if Cruz should be sent to prison, then how much worse does Obama deserve?
Obama is a Horses Rosette

Medford, NY

#7 Nov 5, 2013
liberals are homos wrote:
Hey, you NY Times-reading train wreck, I see you've set aside some special time again to humiliate yourself in public.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#8 Nov 5, 2013
In TexASS, stupidity, ignorance, and hypocrisy will always be the most popular. Cooz Cruzer Luzer is a Canadian. He's never renounced his Canadian citizenship. And Scoobie Rubio is a flip flopping anchor baby. Meanwhile, Fundie nut Perry is praying for rain.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Location hidden

#9 Nov 5, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
He sure does. I didn't know Joe McCarthy was reincarnated.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 5, 2013
No prison could hold Ted Cruz. He would just morph back to his original form. Snakes can slither past security.

Location hidden

#11 Nov 5, 2013
Obama is a Horses Rosette wrote:
<quoted text>Marco scares them worse. Eloquent, handsome, and...si habla espanol.
We Democrats are shaking in our sabatos. Show us a Cruz/Rubio ticket and we'll show you the next administration on the moon.

Allentown, PA

#12 Nov 5, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>He sure does. I didn't know Joe McCarthy was reincarnated.
There were commies in the government and there were serious flaws in ObamaCare. Both men were right.
Would you like some time to reformulate another argument? I can go make some coffee while I wait.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#13 Nov 5, 2013
larry is off his meds....again.

Location hidden

#14 Nov 5, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
There were commies in the government and there were serious flaws in ObamaCare. Both men were right.
Would you like some time to reformulate another argument? I can go make some coffee while I wait.
If you think Joe McCarthy was right, you need more than coffee.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#15 Nov 5, 2013
Cruz's fate is in the hands of Obamacare.

IF Obamacare delivers on the promise of 'AFFORDABILITY', Cruz will disappear into the shadows of history.

If Obamacare turns out NOT to be so affordable, Cruz is going to turn out to be an American HERO!!
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#16 Nov 5, 2013
Texans might love him with his rile, his rants, his snake oil and his grandstanding but according to the article Cruzzies favorability rating is down slightly among non-Tea Party Republicans since the shutdown.

Have the folks who called him a wacko bird, a fraud and more changed their minds?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#17 Nov 5, 2013
Obama is a Horses Rosette wrote:
<quoted text>Eloquent, handsome, and...si habla espanol.
I think voters - even teabag repubes - would want better credentials than those.

Allentown, PA

#19 Nov 5, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
Texans might love him with his rile, his rants, his snake oil and his grandstanding but according to the article Cruzzies favorability rating is down slightly among non-Tea Party Republicans since the shutdown.
Have the folks who called him a wacko bird, a fraud and more changed their minds?
With what is happening with ObamaCare now, those wobbly Republicans should be calling Cruz "Senator Correct".:)

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#20 Nov 5, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
Cruz's fate is in the hands of Obamacare.
IF Obamacare delivers on the promise of 'AFFORDABILITY', Cruz will disappear into the shadows of history.
If Obamacare turns out NOT to be so affordable, Cruz is going to turn out to be an American HERO!!
Can't disagree with that premise.

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

#21 Nov 5, 2013
The American people is expecting Ted Cruz to stand up to the evil regime of Obama and his foreign anti-American agenda to organize street demonstrations all over the country and boycott the failed and deceitful Obamacare making sure that Americans will not join the deceitful Obama plan to destroy the health of the American people by fighting the private insurance companies.
Roger Edgar

AOL

#22 Nov 5, 2013
Guess Texans haven't been manipulated by Obama's minions at CNN and NBC.
Guess they still care about their childrens futures nore than fueling Obama's Orwellian nightmare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,396,335
News Efforts to fight Zika fail as lawmakers play po... 6 min Jack 26
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min JRB 217,036
News Maine Republicans, tell us if you're with Trump... 7 min Responsibility 15
News GOP seizes on video to hit Hillary Clinton on t... 13 min News Flash 20
News News Senate set to begin voting on Puerto Rico ... 17 min News Flash 7
News Criminal Aliens Are Being Released in US Becaus... 19 min Mikey 8
More from around the web