Georgia: Chambliss and Norquist Fight...

Georgia: Chambliss and Norquist Fight Over Tax Pledge

There are 226 comments on the Roll Call story from Nov 26, 2012, titled Georgia: Chambliss and Norquist Fight Over Tax Pledge. In it, Roll Call reports that:

Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss, who faces a likely primary challenge in 2014, said last week he could abandon the Grover Norquist-backed Taxpayer Protection Pledge he signed if it meant moving the country forward.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#128 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh.
And since I was the one who insisted that you were wrong when you asserted school segregation was over decades ago... that this "argument" helps you how?
... as you skip over the fact that *MY* school was segregated still in 1970?
So, why was your school segregated until 1970? Your parents? After all, they would have attended the PTA meetings, correct?

I was in school in the Los Angeles area around 1970, and my schools were open to all. Sorry you lived in such a backward area.

Location hidden

#129 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just that you tea baggers HEAR the term racist so often when you open your racist mouth and utter racisms.
Like when you tea baggers say things like blacks cause 89 percent of the crime in America... you immediately hear people insist that you are a racist.
See if you can figure out the connection.
Being that you are a lying liberal, please point to anyplace, anywhere, where I said 89 percent of crime in America was caused by blacks. You won't find anything, because I've never said it, ever in my life.

Location hidden

#130 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh.
And since I was the one who insisted that you were wrong when you asserted school segregation was over decades ago... that this "argument" helps you how?
... as you skip over the fact that *MY* school was segregated still in 1970?
Oh, and school segregation was indeed over decades ago.

Location hidden

#131 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: If it is "de jure" segregation, you should be able to post the link to the law that (lawfully) separates whites and blacks in Mississippi and Louisiana.
I'd love to see it.
*cough*
maybe you can discover something... like how you *cough* discovered you were wrong about Reagan re-instituted the draft all on your own.
"De facto" segregation occurs despite law. Actually, I'm not at all surprised you are too ignorant to know that.

And you STILL wouldn't have known who re-instituted draft registration, if I hadn't told you.

Which make you "double ignant".

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#132 Dec 2, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
I was in school in the Los Angeles area around 1970, and my schools were open to all.
Sure they were, I hear the Hollywood schools were wall to wall blacks.

And white kids were fighting to get into Watts.

Location hidden

#133 Dec 2, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Being that you are a lying liberal, please point to anyplace, anywhere, where I said 89 percent of crime
Follow the thread, honey.

Location hidden

#134 Dec 2, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
"De facto" segregation occurs despite law.
I'm not the one who confused de facto and de jure, your short attention span is cutting into my football viewing time.

Location hidden

#135 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who confused de facto and de jure, your short attention span is cutting into my football viewing time.
Yes, you are, and I don't care about your football viewing time.
You are welcome to ignore my posts at your leisure...but you choose not to.
Your problem, not mine.

Location hidden

#136 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they were, I hear the Hollywood schools were wall to wall blacks.
And white kids were fighting to get into Watts.
Busing people past their local schools in order to attend schools farther away, in the name of "desegregation", was ridiculous then, just as it would be now.

I did go to school in West Hollywood, and the schools were open to all who lived in the school district. That is fact.

My kids today cannot go to the closest schools, because we aren't in that towns school district. Instead, they are bused to schools farther away, because we ARE in that towns school district. The is absolutely nothing racist in that.

But you libs see racism everywhere. It must be tough living life in such fear.

Location hidden

#137 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the thread, honey.
You couldn't find anything, because it doesn't exist.

You are a liar, nothing more, nothing less.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#138 Dec 3, 2012
Obama Campaign Still Asking for Contributions... Didn't Obama say, win or lose, this was his last campaign..........but of course his campaign from 2008 never ended.

Nader: Worse Than Bush...

Location hidden

#139 Dec 3, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Obama Campaign Still Asking for Contributions.
Republicans prefer to stiff the people they owe during their campaigns.

Gingrich owes some $4 million.

Location hidden

#140 Dec 3, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't find anything, because it doesn't exist.
FOLLOW THE THREAD, dolt.

Location hidden

#141 Dec 3, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Busing people past their local schools in order to attend schools farther away, in the name of "desegregation", was ridiculous then, just as it would be now.
Now is not then.

Then the black schools were underfunded with three dollars going to support the white student that one dollar went to the black student.

Funny how the funding improved when white students got bussed to black schools.

Then is not now.

Now blacks can live anywhere they please.

I know you find this disconcerting.

Location hidden

#142 Dec 3, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
I did go to school in West Hollywood, and the schools were open to all who lived in the school district. That is fact.
My school was open to all who lived in the district.

Blacks could not buy or rent property in the district. That is a fact.

How the courts desegregated the schools was to combine the white districts with the black districts and ignore the zone discrimination that to some extent exists in some places still.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#143 Dec 3, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary is begging right now for money for her 2008 campaign. Sucks to be you.

Location hidden

#144 Dec 3, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Hillary is begging right now for money for her 2008 campaign. Sucks to be you.
Worst to be you, look at what you have to swallow, half is still on your shirt.

Best of luck on your new alias, eh?

Location hidden

#145 Dec 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
My school was open to all who lived in the district.
Blacks could not buy or rent property in the district. That is a fact.
How the courts desegregated the schools was to combine the white districts with the black districts and ignore the zone discrimination that to some extent exists in some places still.
Whether or not minorities could rent or buy in white districts is an entirely separate legal issue than school integration. You are confusing the two.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#146 Dec 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary still owes millions from her 2008 campaign. You forgot to mention that, but of course liberals never eat their own, just kill them.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#147 Dec 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Worst to be you, look at what you have to swallow, half is still on your shirt.
Best of luck on your new alias, eh?
Funny little person. You have no idea who I am, where I live. All you know it attack anyone that doesn't agree with your moronic stance or the marxist theory of controlling the masses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Jacques Ottawa 1,743,742
News 'It's very humbling,' Huntington fire chief say... 2 hr Happy Harry HardOn 2
News Senate panel divided over Pompeo for secretary ... 2 hr Cath League of Du... 10
News Trump backs Marsha Blackburn in Tennessee Gop U... 2 hr Cath League of Du... 1
News Democrats reveal rank hypocrisy in opposing Mik... 2 hr Cath League of Du... 2
News California Dems Dreamin'? Long-shot bid to spli... 2 hr Cath League of Du... 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 hr Bongo 71,119