This Election Is No Laughing Matter

Aug 30, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 118

The American electorate takes shots at politicians all year round, but now, for comedy, it is the official start of open season.

Read more
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 30, 2012
Obamoloney is a joke.
Mor Words

Fishers, IN

#2 Aug 30, 2012
laughing joke!!;-0000
Obama Black Nation

Anchorage, AK

#3 Aug 30, 2012
WATCH 2016 so that YOU can see that THIS is the MOST improtant electon of at least the 21st century for America.

USA not Oblama USSA

It is NO laughing matter!!!!!!!!!!
Clint Eastwood

Lynchburg, VA

#4 Aug 30, 2012
Barack Obama promised to lower the sea levels and heal the planet. Really?

Mitt Romney promises to help you and your family!

Romney is knocking Obama out. It's beautiful!

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#6 Aug 30, 2012
It's time to fire obama...he's much more interested in marxism than America.

Romney/Ryan 2012
pogue mahone

Hilton Head Island, SC

#7 Aug 31, 2012
For now it seems that our four year marxist driven national nightmare will soon be coming to a close.

“Always wear your makeup!”

Since: Jul 12

Syracuse, NY

#8 Aug 31, 2012
The best thing that could happen to Palin is if this coming winter after Romney has lost the election, she gets on a snowmobile in Alaska and takes a ride over to Russia and is detained for 80 years by the Soviets. She has an opinion poll of 14% in the States while Hillary has 70% so who the heck needs her? She likes to fish so send her butt to Siberia.

BTW, just for you sleazy Neocons, ONLY ONE POLL COUNTS and it is called the Electoral College poll. 270 needed to win and 300+ for a landslide and this close to an election it will not change more than ten points either way at the most so Obama has won a landslide and he did it because he has been the best President since Clinton and no one wants Romney in power.

No need to take my word for it. It is right here:

http://electoral-vote.com/

PS, Palin is a liar and a total nutcase. Mainstream means what the majority of culture wants and she will not change that by trying to change the meaning of a word per the media. Get out a damn dictionary.

The fact is, Democratic voters on average are more educated than Republican voters. MOST Democrats have a College degree while most Republicans do not. Most Republicans come from small backward bigoted Towns and this is why the red on the map is nothing but trees and very few people. The blue is where the American population is excluding Texas.
obarry

Beckley, WV

#9 Aug 31, 2012
BlondePrince wrote:
The best thing that could happen to Palin is if this coming winter after Romney has lost the election, she gets on a snowmobile in Alaska and takes a ride over to Russia and is detained for 80 years by the Soviets. She has an opinion poll of 14% in the States while Hillary has 70% so who the heck needs her? She likes to fish so send her butt to Siberia.
BTW, just for you sleazy Neocons, ONLY ONE POLL COUNTS and it is called the Electoral College poll. 270 needed to win and 300+ for a landslide and this close to an election it will not change more than ten points either way at the most so Obama has won a landslide and he did it because he has been the best President since Clinton and no one wants Romney in power.
PS, Palin is a liar and a total nutcase. Mainstream means what the majority of culture wants and she will not change that by trying to change the meaning of a word per the media. Get out a damn dictionary.
The fact is, Democratic voters on average are more educated than Republican voters. MOST Democrats have a College degree while most Republicans do not. Most Republicans come from small backward bigoted Towns and this is why the red on the map is nothing but trees and very few people. The blue is where the American population is excluding Texas.
I guess you have to worry over Palin to take your mind off of obamas failures.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 31, 2012
BlondePrince wrote:
It's a shame she's not a giant intellectual like your hero, Joe Biden..LOL

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#11 Aug 31, 2012
Clint Eastwood wrote:
Barack Obama promised to lower the sea levels and heal the planet. Really?
Mitt Romney promises to help you and your family!
Romney is knocking Obama out. It's beautiful!
Please tell me how Romney has promised to help me and my family?

Location hidden

#12 Aug 31, 2012
BlondePrince wrote:
Hillary Clinton staying as far away from Charlotte as physically possible...Hillary knows Obama is damaged goods..........that's why she has already resigned so as not be part of the sinking ship.

OBAMA ADMIN THREATENS LEGAL ACTION OVER SEAL'S BIN LADEN BOOK..., he is used to going after Seals, but not Ft. Hood killers..........

'Obama Trying Ideas People Came To America To Get Away From'...

'WE OWN THIS COUNTRY'...Clint said it all, we own the country, the government and our dreams. Not the bureaucrates in Washington.........they are just employees.

Location hidden

#13 Aug 31, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
by getting rid of Obama.........

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Aug 31, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
It's time to fire obama...he's much more interested in marxism than America.
Romney/Ryan 2012
I agree, but the man has to at least show up at the office in order to be fired. He's been campaigning 24/7 for the past 18 months. I'll bet he's forgotten where the Oval Office is.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Aug 31, 2012
I was surprised the only reason Romney could come up with for being elected president was because he isn't black. He presented no plan. He presented no ideas. He presented nothing that would help our nation in any way. All he could do was attack Obama.

And the sad part is he didn't even know how. He kept blaming Obama for Obama's failure to turn the economy around after bush, yet it looks like Romney would keep the bush economic policies. Very disappointing.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#16 Aug 31, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
He said he is going to generate JOBS. You may not like that since you will have to go to work - NO MORE FREEBEES. He also said he will make America self sufficient from foreign countries - we will drill for oil, coal, we were self sufficient once before and we can again if we get a leader and get rid of the rock star.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#17 Aug 31, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
I was surprised the only reason Romney could come up with for being elected president was because he isn't black. He presented no plan. He presented no ideas. He presented nothing that would help our nation in any way. All he could do was attack Obama.
And the sad part is he didn't even know how. He kept blaming Obama for Obama's failure to turn the economy around after bush, yet it looks like Romney would keep the bush economic policies. Very disappointing.
And Obama has - hahahahahaha Obama had NO EXPERIENCE AT ANYTHING when he was elected and guess what he has DONE NOTHING FOR THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA NOW FOR FOUR YEARS.

Location hidden

#18 Aug 31, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
OBAMA: I Didn't Do Good Enough Job Selling Americans On Stimulus Plan...

......you didn't sell it at all chump the chimp, you bribed it down our throats.

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Aug 31, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
LOL, What has Obama proposed? Nothing, all he does is whine about tax returns and bash Bain and then run off to try to coerce the youngsters to vote for him. He doesn't talk to Adults anymore, just the wee young new voters, the only ones he stands a chance to con. He's a has been leader from way way behind, with no plans other than to tax, tax, tax and then tax some more.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#21 Aug 31, 2012
Ballybunion wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, What has Obama proposed? Nothing, all he does is whine about tax returns and bash Bain and then run off to try to coerce the youngsters to vote for him. He doesn't talk to Adults anymore, just the wee young new voters, the only ones he stands a chance to con. He's a has been leader from way way behind, with no plans other than to tax, tax, tax and then tax some more.
AMMO!!! LOL..

Attention all Liberals/Marxists/Communist..
Great for your version of America,No doubt???

"Obama learned his lesson well. I am proud to see that my father's model for organizing is being applied successfully beyond local community organizing to affect the Democratic campaign in 2008. It is a fine tribute to Saul Alinsky as we approach his 100th birthday." --Letter from L. DAVID ALINSKY, son of Neo-Marxist Saul Alinsky

Obama helped fund 'Alinsky Academy': "The Woods Fund, a nonprofit on which Obama served as paid director from 1999 to December 2002, provided startup funding and later capital to the Midwest Academy.... Obama sat on the Woods Fund board alongside William Ayers, founder of the Weather Underground domestic terrorist organization....'Midwest describes itself as 'one of the nation's oldest and best-known schools for community organizations, citizen organizations and individuals committed to progressive social change.'... Midwest teaches Alinsky tactics of community organizing."

Hillary, Obama and the Cult of Alinsky: "True revolutionaries do not flaunt their radicalism, Alinsky taught. They cut their hair, put on suits and infiltrate the system from within. Alinsky viewed revolution as a slow, patient process. The trick was to penetrate existing institutions such as churches, unions and political parties.... Many leftists view Hillary as a sell-out because she claims to hold moderate views on some issues. However, Hillary is simply following Alinsky’s counsel to do and say whatever it takes to gain power.

"Obama is also an Alinskyite.... Obama spent years teaching workshops on the Alinsky method. In 1985 he began a four-year stint as a community organizer in Chicago, working for an Alinskyite group called the Developing Communities Project.... Camouflage is key to Alinsky-style organizing. While trying to build coalitions of black churches in Chicago, Obama caught flak for not attending church himself. He became an instant churchgoer." (By Richard Poe, 11-27-07)
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Aug 31, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama has - hahahahahaha Obama had NO EXPERIENCE AT ANYTHING when he was elected and guess what he has DONE NOTHING FOR THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA NOW FOR FOUR YEARS.
Typical. When any valid complaint is presented against any republican, you make a similar complaint against the democrat, like there are only two choices. If you don't like the GOP, you must love the democrats. If you don't like the democrats, you must love the GOP.

What nonsense. Of course there were a great many things I wanted Obama to do. I didn't think he would do them, so I didn't vote for him. Additionally, he has done a great many things I don't like, so I won't vote for him in the future.

You can claim Obama has done nothing, because that is the right wing talking point. It would be funny how poorly the GOP tries to attack Obama. There are a great many things wrong with Obama, but the GOP can't seem to find any of them. For example, I opposed the Pat Act. Not because of wire tapping, but because of its removal of habeas corpus. Without due process, when the government openly proclaims it can put any citizen away, with just an accusation, no evidence, no trial, no phone call, no rights for that citizen at all, we do not have a free country. We lost all our freedoms to the whims of government.

Now perhaps you like the Pat Act. Perhaps you think freedom isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Perhaps you are too scared to live in a free society; but I disagree. I won't support any politician or political party that supports complete elimination of all our freedoms. The Pat Act does that.

That gave Obama a choice. He can support the people, and repeal the Pat Act, or he can support the corporations who want all the power and extend the Pat Act. Instead of choosing the people, Obama made the wrong choice. Even worse, he followed it up with the NDAA which further enshrines our loss of all freedom.

Add to that the effort Obama made to push Romney's health care plan. It has nothing to do with health care, and everything to do with forcing the public to give to wealthy CEOs tons of money for nothing in return. If Obama had been interested in the public, he would have pushed for single payer, universal, instead he had those people arrested.

So Obama, far from doing nothing has done some very bad things. The reason the GOP talking point is that he has done nothing is because Romney is a do nothing and they are attacking from their weakness. The sad part is the GOP has all kinds of reasons to dislike Obama and they can't seem to figure it out.

If you had really been interested in discussion, you would have provided specifics to Romney's wild claims about what he thinks will get him the most votes. How will he create 25 million jobs? Why does he think that is enough when we need over 100 million jobs? Where (China? Mexico?) will these jobs be created? What kind of jobs? Selling french fries? Servicing the very very rich at less than minimum wage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 9 min George 567
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min red and right 1,207,361
News Sen. Schumer seeks drug designation for Oneida ... 36 min High Blood Sugare... 38
News Latest on Ferguson: Civil rights leaders condem... 37 min grave digger 1,730
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min loose cannon 185,931
News Officials head to D.C. to discuss LBL plans 57 min okimar 4
News Ted Cruz defends presidential credentials 1 hr Mothra 49
More from around the web