A&E lifts suspension of 'Duck Dynasty...

A&E lifts suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson

There are 57 comments on the New York Daily News story from Dec 27, 2013, titled A&E lifts suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

A&E announced late Friday it's lifting the suspension of Phil Robertson, allowing filming to resume on its most popular show, 'Duck Dynasty.'

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Spike

Akron, OH

#21 Dec 28, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
And just like he had the right to his ignorant and racist opinion that Blacks were better off during Jim Crow era (and slavery) people have the right to push back against ignorance and hate. The Jewish people know far too well what happens when you allow unchecked hateful rhetoric permeate.
<quoted text>
Well, and ignorant redneck probably would disagree.
<quoted text>
Just like Blacks “hurt their cause” by calling him out over his comments about Jim Crow era and slavery… but he was suspended, and then you saw him back track and try and sugar coat what he said. If you consider that hurting their cause, especially with A&E preemptively taking action before anyone demanded anything then I say let’s keep that hurt coming.
<quoted text>
And like I said… at the end of the day no one cares that A&E lifted the suspension (that would have eventually been lifted anyway). The American people will not accept hate in the mainstream of this nation; A&E knew it, DD knew it and now they will go back with their tails between their legs and slosh around in the mud doing their ignorant routine for their reality TV goobers entertainment.
Everyone would agree that Blacks were much better off during the Jim Crow era than they are now. We all know that Blacks lack the basic abilities (read the Bell Curve) to do anything on their own without White supervision.
angel

Boise, ID

#22 Dec 28, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It is pathetically amusing how these right-wing tea-bagging fools, so desperate for a victory -(of any kind) after constantly and continually losing to the Black guy in the White House - will cling to anything that remotely looks like “Hey, we won”… in spite of how insignificant or the fact that it wasn’t a victory anyway (due to the ignorant idiot backtracking and A&E suspending him) these right-wingers will cheer the way that we cheered in 2008 and 2012 when real victories occurred, LOL!
That is something to keep in mind:They are LOSERS who will continue to LOSE.
They are morally wrong and on the wrong side of history.
They have been rejected and found unfit to lead TWICE now and if they had a glimmer of hope for 2016 (which they dont) it will surely be stamped out by the unseemly, garish and dysfunctional Nationally Televised demonstration of Political Auto Erotic Strangulation that will be the Teabagger /Established GOP struggle for the nomination during the primaries.
Yeah they better whoop it over still being able to get 'Duck Dynasty' Bobbleheads and Mud Flaps while they can.
Simpletons.Lmao!

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#23 Dec 28, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>Did the LGBT community speak out against Robertson before he in fact spoke against them?

The answer is no - no one cared what DD did - I never even saw the show myself. That's not to say obviously they have a significant following. Robertson spoke out against their lifestyle - no one said a single thing about him and his clan until he came out publicly against them.

In this day and age, having a personal opinion when you're in the public spotlight can be problematic. Not saying it's right / it's the world we all live in though.
He gave his opinion just as the gay community does. Libs just don't like two way streets......just their way.

Paris

#24 Dec 28, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Rather then see the writing on the wall with all of this that bigotry and prejudice isnt getting a free pass anymore you see it as a sign the Lesbian gay Community is in for many defeats.
You just aint the sharpest tool in the drawer Kingfish.LMAO!
Gosh, if only your bigoted whiney pity party were worth a sou, then you could rant. You can leave now and let the adults talk.

Paris

#25 Dec 28, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Even for you trying to equivicate 19th century Lincoln Republicans with 2013 Teabaggers is extremely lame,dishonest and disingenous.
Go upstairs and tell your Mom she wants you.
Can you show me where I did that. Didn't think so. Lying hag.

Paris

#26 Dec 28, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>It is pathetically amusing how these right-wing tea-bagging fools, so desperate for a victory -(of any kind) after constantly and continually losing to the Black guy in the White House - will cling to anything that remotely looks like “Hey, we won”… in spite of how insignificant or the fact that it wasn’t a victory anyway (due to the ignorant idiot backtracking and A&E suspending him) these right-wingers will cheer the way that we cheered in 2008 and 2012 when real victories occurred, LOL!
Hahaha desperate for a victory. You have only won twice in twenty years. Oh Patty , don't forget you waxing at three.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#27 Dec 28, 2013
i am sure Phil will stick tohis principles and refuse to work with A&E anymore...

sure he will, sure...

Paris

#28 Dec 28, 2013
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone would agree that Blacks were much better off during the Jim Crow era than they are now. We all know that Blacks lack the basic abilities (read the Bell Curve) to do anything on their own without White supervision.
That is highly true in some sects, mostly urban, but not all are painted with the same brush. Example Dr. Carter the neurosurgeon.
Cat74

Romeoville, IL

#29 Dec 28, 2013
Why would Phil refuse to work with A & E? He just taught them a valuable lesson in business, stick with the guys that are making you money. I missed the part where A & E asked him to apologize. Oh, that's right he has rights too. Just when you think the queer ducks will join the human race, and stop advertising their abnormal sexual practices they go off and do something stupid, and get trounced in the process.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#30 Dec 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
He gave his opinion just as the gay community does. Libs just don't like two way streets......just their way.
Obviously you simpleton you have comprehension issues. Wanna try again?

"Did the LGBT community speak out against Robertson before he in fact spoke against them?

The answer is no - no one cared what DD did - I never even saw the show myself. That's not to say obviously they have a significant following. Robertson spoke out against their lifestyle - no one said a single thing about him and his clan until he came out publicly against them.

In this day and age, having a personal opinion when you're in the public spotlight can be problematic. Not saying it's right / it's the world we all live in though."

See stupid? Did the LGBT community speak out AGAINST Robertson and his clan numbskull?

Nope! He started this shitstorm all on his own.

Before you respond to a post Dumbo, it would BEHOOVE you to read it first.

Moron!
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#31 Dec 28, 2013
Guess these frightwing folks can't praise Congress and have to resort to praising a duckman.

Will be interesting to see if the duckman uses his "principles" and says no to A&E. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The duckman and fux would be made for each other
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#32 Dec 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Duckman showed his ignorance and lack of comprehension about present and past issues - under the guise of bible thumping - and you folks celebrate such ignorance.
Spike

Akron, OH

#33 Dec 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is highly true in some sects, mostly urban, but not all are painted with the same brush. Example Dr. Carter the neurosurgeon.
You mean Carson and that is true. Some (5%) escape the gene pool but the 95% that we have to feed,wash and cloth like stray animals are considered the norm. If Ben Carson decided to run I wouldn't have any reservations about voting for him but you and I both know the clueless negros controlled by the plantation straw boss's of the democrat party will convince them that Ben "is not one of them" "he wasn't down with the struggle" "he thinks white"! What a hopeless bunch of losers
Spike

Akron, OH

#35 Dec 28, 2013
Spike wrote:
<quoted text> You mean Carson and that is true. Some (5%) escape the gene pool but the 95% that we have to feed,wash and cloth like stray animals are considered the norm. If Ben Carson decided to run I wouldn't have any reservations about voting for him but you and I both know the clueless negros controlled by the plantation straw boss's of the democrat party will convince them that Ben "is not one of them" "he wasn't down with the struggle" "he thinks white"! What a hopeless bunch of losers
,,,,,and yes,,,,,,,,the 95% were much better off under Jim Crow because they lack all ability to take responsibility for themselves. It's no different than feeding the birds in the winter.
Occupythis

Clearlake, CA

#36 Dec 28, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Duckman showed his ignorance and lack of comprehension about present and past issues - under the guise of bible thumping - and you folks celebrate such ignorance.
He has a right to believe and say what he thinks.

It's only leftwing America-haters like you who seek to impose your views on everyone else. People like YOU are the enemy - not the Duck Dynasty guy.

I am an sick and tired of these G-Dammed liberals tearing this country apart.

St. Croix valley

#37 Dec 28, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Why would Phil refuse to work with A & E? He just taught them a valuable lesson in business, stick with the guys that are making you money. I missed the part where A & E asked him to apologize. Oh, that's right he has rights too. Just when you think the queer ducks will join the human race, and stop advertising their abnormal sexual practices they go off and do something stupid, and get trounced in the process.
A&E openly supports SSM and gay rights. Phil stated that gays hate god a few years back so why would he work with A&E?

somehow i bet he will be able to get past his religious cult convictions for the money and fame....

St. Croix valley

#38 Dec 28, 2013
Occupythis wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a right to believe and say what he thinks.
It's only leftwing America-haters like you who seek to impose your views on everyone else. People like YOU are the enemy - not the Duck Dynasty guy.
I am an sick and tired of these G-Dammed liberals tearing this country apart.
no one interfered with that right in any way...

no, it is people as ignorant as you that are keeping this nation from its true potential.
Occupythis

Clearlake, CA

#39 Dec 28, 2013
I didn't even know about Duck Dynasty until A&E's spineless, liberal, anti-American move to punish (and silence) the star of it's own show.

Stand up for America, freedom of speech, religion, and the Constitution! I will not be watching A&E anytime soon - ever again. But Duck Dynasty has my full support.

It's time to work to stop the rising liberal tyranny here in America and in Washington...and everywhere - at the city, county, and state levels too.

The radical leftwing is taking America apart - Intentionally. I warned you all about Obozo and the Democrats as far back as 2007. How's that hope and change working out for ya?
Spike

Akron, OH

#40 Dec 28, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Bravo!!! hahahahaha! What a strange cause to be in a uproar over!?

“VOTE GOP 2016 ”

Since: Mar 09

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!

#41 Dec 28, 2013
Oh look the drama queen still cant get over it.

Liberals have no balls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,275,363
News Things to know: EPA water rules take effect in ... 14 min Keeppopinoff 14
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min Coffee Party 196,963
News Iowa poll: Trump, Carson lead GOP race 1 hr Trump POTUS Carso... 5
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 2 hr Truth is might 451
News Sen. Rob Portman: Cultural-attitude changes nee... 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
News Republicans are going to hate what Donald Trump... 4 hr jimi-yank 29
More from around the web