A&E lifts suspension of 'Duck Dynasty...

A&E lifts suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson

There are 57 comments on the New York Daily News story from Dec 27, 2013, titled A&E lifts suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

A&E announced late Friday it's lifting the suspension of Phil Robertson, allowing filming to resume on its most popular show, 'Duck Dynasty.'

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cat74

Joliet, IL

#1 Dec 27, 2013
What is the headline? Oh yeah, "Gay Activists Group Delivered a Stinging Defeat" People can have an opinion different then theirs.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#2 Dec 27, 2013
No one cares... DD is ignorant rednecks; and we are leaving ignorance behind in 2014.
Gidney

AOL

#3 Dec 27, 2013
I don't know why gays expect to be universally loved or approved of. No one else is. A minority has failed in trying to bully and intimidate the rest of us.
Gidney

AOL

#4 Dec 27, 2013
Yes, a lot of people care. "Ignorant rednecks" have the right to an opinion as well as the rest of humanity. BTW, I would disagree with classifying the Robertsons as "ignorant rednecks." The LGBT community hurt their cause when they try to demand acceptance. They need to chill and grant the rest of us the respect they expect from us. Personally, I don't care if a person is gay. I just don't like a minority trying to intimidate others into accepting their life style or views. The best anyone can hope for is to be left in peace, not to be universally loved.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#5 Dec 27, 2013
Gidney wrote:
Yes, a lot of people care. "Ignorant rednecks" have the right to an opinion as well as the rest of humanity. BTW, I would disagree with classifying the Robertsons as "ignorant rednecks." The LGBT community hurt their cause when they try to demand acceptance. They need to chill and grant the rest of us the respect they expect from us. Personally, I don't care if a person is gay. I just don't like a minority trying to intimidate others into accepting their life style or views. The best anyone can hope for is to be left in peace, not to be universally loved.
Did the LGBT community speak out against Robertson before he in fact spoke against them?

The answer is no - no one cared what DD did - I never even saw the show myself. That's not to say obviously they have a significant following. Robertson spoke out against their lifestyle - no one said a single thing about him and his clan until he came out publicly against them.

In this day and age, having a personal opinion when you're in the public spotlight can be problematic. Not saying it's right / it's the world we all live in though.

Obama got Osama!

#6 Dec 27, 2013
Gidney wrote:
Yes, a lot of people care. "Ignorant rednecks" have the right to an opinion as well as the rest of humanity.
And just like he had the right to his ignorant and racist opinion that Blacks were better off during Jim Crow era (and slavery) people have the right to push back against ignorance and hate. The Jewish people know far too well what happens when you allow unchecked hateful rhetoric permeate.
Gidney wrote:
BTW, I would disagree with classifying the Robertsons as "ignorant rednecks."
Well, and ignorant redneck probably would disagree.
Gidney wrote:
The LGBT community hurt their cause when they try to demand acceptance. They need to chill and grant the rest of us the respect they expect from us.
Just like Blacks “hurt their cause” by calling him out over his comments about Jim Crow era and slavery… but he was suspended, and then you saw him back track and try and sugar coat what he said. If you consider that hurting their cause, especially with A&E preemptively taking action before anyone demanded anything then I say let’s keep that hurt coming.
Gidney wrote:
Personally, I don't care if a person is gay. I just don't like a minority trying to intimidate others into accepting their life style or views. The best anyone can hope for is to be left in peace, not to be universally loved.
And like I said… at the end of the day no one cares that A&E lifted the suspension (that would have eventually been lifted anyway). The American people will not accept hate in the mainstream of this nation; A&E knew it, DD knew it and now they will go back with their tails between their legs and slosh around in the mud doing their ignorant routine for their reality TV goobers entertainment.

Since: Dec 07

Larue, TX

#7 Dec 27, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
And just like he had the right to his ignorant and racist opinion that Blacks were better off during Jim Crow era (and slavery) people have the right to push back against ignorance and hate. The Jewish people know far too well what happens when you allow unchecked hateful rhetoric permeate.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Just like Blacks “hurt their cause” by calling him out over his comments about Jim Crow era and slavery… but he was suspended, and then you saw him back track and try and sugar coat what he said. If you consider that hurting their cause, especially with A&E preemptively taking action before anyone demanded anything then I say let’s keep that hurt coming.
<quoted text>
And like I said… at the end of the day no one cares that A&E lifted the suspension (that would have eventually been lifted anyway). The American people will not accept hate in the mainstream of this nation; A&E knew it, DD knew it and now they will go back with their tails between their legs and slosh around in the mud doing their ignorant routine for their reality TV goobers entertainment.
Meanwhile, the pretend Marine will go back to his miami streetcorner with crackpipe and tell everyone how burrack just repaired the space station. LMAO

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

Since: Mar 09

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

#8 Dec 27, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
No one cares... DD is ignorant rednecks; and we are leaving ignorance behind in 2014.
Ignorant rednecks?

More like college educated multi millionaire/businessmen ..

They could care less what a peon lowly message board loser troll like YOU thinks.

GO PHIL!!

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#9 Dec 28, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Obama Didn't Go to Church For Christmas... got tired of faking it.

Paris

#10 Dec 28, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant rednecks?
More like college educated multi millionaire/businessmen ..
They could care less what a peon lowly message board loser troll like YOU thinks.
GO PHIL!!
The loons should take this small defeat gracefully, there are many more to come.

Paris

#11 Dec 28, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
psssssssssssssst, it was liberals that gave the blacks slavery and Jim Crow laws, it was the right that freed them. See the difference pookie. Oh, by the way nice tu tu. Christmas present from Mykro I presume.
angel

Boise, ID

#12 Dec 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The loons should take this small defeat gracefully, there are many more to come.
Rather then see the writing on the wall with all of this that bigotry and prejudice isnt getting a free pass anymore you see it as a sign the Lesbian gay Community is in for many defeats.
You just aint the sharpest tool in the drawer Kingfish.LMAO!
angel

Boise, ID

#13 Dec 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>psssssssssssssst, it was liberals that gave the blacks slavery and Jim Crow laws, it was the right that freed them. See the difference pookie. Oh, by the way nice tu tu. Christmas present from Mykro I presume.
Even for you trying to equivicate 19th century Lincoln Republicans with 2013 Teabaggers is extremely lame,dishonest and disingenous.
Go upstairs and tell your Mom she wants you.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#14 Dec 28, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Oh boo hoo fcking hoo

You still cryin about what the big bad meanie bigot said?

Grow some balls, gurly man.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#15 Dec 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The loons should take this small defeat gracefully, there are many more to come.
YES....Many many more

They should stock up on the hankies.

BUWAHAHAHAHA

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#16 Dec 28, 2013
Twisted Sistah says it best

angel

Boise, ID

#17 Dec 28, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
YES....Many many more
They should stock up on the hankies.
BUWAHAHAHAHA
Its cute how much signifigance Teabagging bigots invest in puerille superficial Cartoon Characters.
The Radical Right's Psyche must be locked in at age eleven.
Did you guys remember to vote to see if the Silly Rabbit got his box of Trix or not? LMAO!
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#18 Dec 28, 2013
For bigotry and racism to be dealt with, ALL the offenses must be put on the table. What we have are the ones the progressives have deemed WORTHY of demagouging. Since ALL of the offenses will never be put on the table and dealt with under the current power structure, the system will fix itself at some point. Hence, the weapons are being purchased and the nation is moving towards tyranny.
angel

Boise, ID

#19 Dec 28, 2013
serfs up wrote:
For bigotry and racism to be dealt with, ALL the offenses must be put on the table. What we have are the ones the progressives have deemed WORTHY of demagouging. Since ALL of the offenses will never be put on the table and dealt with under the current power structure, the system will fix itself at some point. Hence, the weapons are being purchased and the nation is moving towards tyranny.
*YAWN* RE-gressive Gore Crow.

Obama got Osama!

#20 Dec 28, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Its cute how much signifigance Teabagging bigots invest in puerille superficial Cartoon Characters.
The Radical Right's Psyche must be locked in at age eleven.
Did you guys remember to vote to see if the Silly Rabbit got his box of Trix or not? LMAO!
It is pathetically amusing how these right-wing tea-bagging fools, so desperate for a victory -(of any kind) after constantly and continually losing to the Black guy in the White House - will cling to anything that remotely looks like “Hey, we won”… in spite of how insignificant or the fact that it wasn’t a victory anyway (due to the ignorant idiot backtracking and A&E suspending him) these right-wingers will cheer the way that we cheered in 2008 and 2012 when real victories occurred, LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Buster Steinbeizer 217,146
News In ME, Trump strikes back at US Chamber on trade 1 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 37
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 2 hr kuda 31
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr President Trump 1,396,590
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 13,225
News West Virginia floods devastate 1,100 homes, man... 4 hr worried 22
News Criminal Aliens Are Being Released in US Becaus... 4 hr worried 33
More from around the web