Thousands of Californians are moving out amid a sour economy an...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Mike Reilly spent his lifetime chasing the California dream. This year he's going to look for it in Colorado .
Comments
1,761 - 1,780 of 1,976 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2013

“Ruling over East of Vegas(EOV)”

Since: Dec 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>"When the underemployed and the discouraged are added to the numbers, the unemployment rate rises to 16.6%. The Bureau of Labor Statistics, a unit of the Labor Department, began tracking this alternative measure known as the U-6 for its department classification in 1995 after economists lobbied for a method comparable to the way Japan, Canada and Western Europe count their unemployed."
http://www.smartonmoney.com/what-is-the-real-...
Do YOU honestly think the numbers that tossed out there are legit?
yeah its probably worse. us needs to stop imitating China and soviet unions number manipulations and be more like Japan and Korea in the sense of business and economics

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and he could have done that much sooner couldn't he? But he has been replaced with another demon.
are u sure ur pastor serve their own political desires over Gods love?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't lecture us, child! We know Gods word enough!
serving the republican party or God?

Pharisees can be u or me. it is easy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The republicans serve God!
they serve more than one God

no man is perfect. but misrepresenting Gods word is an unforgivable sin from my memories.

do u think republicans are like Christ?

or do they compromise it?

I compromise it sometimes... in the sense of drinking and sex.

God knows it.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>"When the underemployed and the discouraged are added to the numbers, the unemployment rate rises to 16.6%. The Bureau of Labor Statistics, a unit of the Labor Department, began tracking this alternative measure known as the U-6 for its department classification in 1995 after economists lobbied for a method comparable to the way Japan, Canada and Western Europe count their unemployed."
http://www.smartonmoney.com/what-is-the-real-...
Do YOU honestly think the numbers that tossed out there are legit?
You cannot escape the fact that even when you use U-6 unemployment charts... the numbers have been dropping and are far from the 17.1% high in 2009.

When you can show us U-6 numbers that are above 17.1%, then you can spread your doom and gloom... hate Obama rants.

Until then you can continue looking for conspiracies & ways to root for US economic failure so you can try to blame Obama for it all.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The republicans serve God!
That's the problem.... their God allows hypocrisy because Republicans are the only people who think they can "establish religion" and legislate in the name of God in the USA.

I think Christianity is good but I don't need these religious hypocrites telling me how I should believe in God.

Christians are the first to show their demons when it comes to other religions trying to express their freedom of religion in the USA... i.e. Muslims.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot escape the fact that even when you use U-6 unemployment charts... the numbers have been dropping and are far from the 17.1% high in 2009.
When you can show us U-6 numbers that are above 17.1%, then you can spread your doom and gloom... hate Obama rants.
Until then you can continue looking for conspiracies & ways to root for US economic failure so you can try to blame Obama for it all.
Stop trying to say that I totally blame BO for all the woes that have befallen this country. YOU know better than that, for the love of Pete already. Give me a break, I see all the colors of the spectrum, not just in black and white.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is perfect, that is why the republicans rely more on Gods word than their own intellect. That doesn't mean republicans don't think for themselves though, it simply means they put God before their own opinions. I'm sure the republicans do screw up occassionally.
spreading Gods message and love to non believers is what a Christian should be doing.

not compromising Gods word with corporate propoganda.

already there are tons of people who dont want to hear Gods word because of the vile vibes they get from right wingers

what do u have to say to them?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims are terrorists! You really should know what Muslims do behind closed doors, you really should!
this makes no sense to me too

Christianity Islam and Judaism are all abrahamic. descended from Abraham

Muslims recognize Christ as a prophet. but not the main prophet

Jews dont even recognize Christ right?

so inherently why is there all this fighting?

its a human war. not Gods war IMO

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is perfect, that is why the republicans rely more on Gods word than their own intellect. That doesn't mean republicans don't think for themselves though, it simply means they put God before their own opinions. I'm sure the republicans do screw up occassionally.
The Republican party has demonstrated that their use of God & religion is nothing more than a front to fool their constituents into voting for them.

It's no different than Democrats telling the poor what they want to hear to collect votes.

God and politics is like oil and water.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
this makes no sense to me too
Christianity Islam and Judaism are all abrahamic. descended from Abraham
Muslims recognize Christ as a prophet. but not the main prophet
Jews dont even recognize Christ right?
so inherently why is there all this fighting?
its a human war. not Gods war IMO
The Christians here on Topix seem to be your fundamentalist variety and hold onto century old wars with other Religions i.e. Muslims and seem to support outdated ideologies such as the Christian Crusades or the rationalization of their hate on non-Christian religions.

You see it all the time.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The muslims only attach to name Christ to a prophet, they don't believe in Jesus at all.
but they recognize Christ more than Jews do

anyways. human stuff. political stuff

Christians and Muslims never fought when Mongols were in charge. interesting stuff to chew on.

but anyways. u need to support more missions and less corporate propogandists before talking about God publicly. u only make Mon Christians not want to be one if u keep this up.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christians here on Topix seem to be your fundamentalist variety and hold onto century old wars with other Religions i.e. Muslims and seem to support outdated ideologies such as the Christian Crusades or the rationalization of their hate on non-Christian religions.
You see it all the time.
their pastors have political ambitions Im guessing?

wonder what percentage of their offerings are used for missions to other countries where people do not know Christ. probably zero.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

instead they spend their offerings on gun lobbies nra border patrol and oil?

huh?

not missions?

its weird

dont mix the two seriously

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The muslims don't support Christ, Christ is the savior, not the second greatest prothet. Christ is jesus and God.
Jews dont even recognize Christ period

whats the difference?

human stuff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews don't reckognize Christ EITHER, but they still reckognize God.
Jews dont recognize Christ as a prophet. not even a number two prophet

admit its historical human stuff not inherent in the Bible

whats the big deal. is some war getting in the way of Gods words?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I've been seeing more and more Californians even here in the Midwest, they tend to spend good money on real estate tho since everything seems a bargain to them.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The muslims stole it from the jews and christians. Mohammed wanted a religion to follower and a diety to believe in, he originally wanted to follow the christian God, but changed his mind because he only wanted to worship one God, because he thought the christians worshipped three seperate Gods instead of 3 in 1 Gods. The Jews were Gods chosen people too, that is why they also believe in God.
Jews of the bible are not the Jews of today.
Ashkenazi Jews were a late addition started in 1000ad. they were not around at the time of the Bible. ashkenazis are not Gods chosen people.
anyways. all three religions recognize Abraham and the twelve tribes of Israel eventially joined other countries. their descendants are the true Jews. an ORIGINAL 12 tribes. why doesnt ur pastor honor the original Jews and only the post Bible Jews?
well anyways. good luck spreading Gods word of love online.
Frito Bandito

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews of the bible are not the Jews of today.
Ashkenazi Jews were a late addition started in 1000ad. they were not around at the time of the Bible. ashkenazis are not Gods chosen people.
anyways. all three religions recognize Abraham and the twelve tribes of Israel eventially joined other countries. their descendants are the true Jews. an ORIGINAL 12 tribes. why doesnt ur pastor honor the original Jews and only the post Bible Jews?
well anyways. good luck spreading Gods word of love online.
Jews aren't as united, like you or others might think. In the case of the American Jew, Sephardi and Ashkenazi in New York City history were like cats and dogs. The Sephardi, who came long before on the boats of the Dutch West India company, had made a mark and prospered in New Amsterdam as they did later when the British took it and renamed it New York City. The Ashkenazi immigrants, mostly an Ellis Island factor, were common people that were not as prosperous at and even near the time of their entry into the NY scene.

In the Bronx, for example, Robert Moses, a sephardi with long embedded roots in the area and a top real estate investor no less, was responsible for building the Cross Bronx Expressway, that split many Jewish neighborhoods and resulted in financial losses for businesses during that era. This feud lasted generations, until after WWII, when a settling occurred and they tacitly agreed to join forces behind the creation of Israel.
Frito Bandito

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerry Brown is taking away their money!
It always takes a Democrat to lead the biggest charges (ie. Woodrow Wilson in WWI, FDR in WWII etc.) in war as in economic recovery factors. Most recently, we (not you!) saw a surplus budget under Bill Clinton, that was neither before or after his administration replicated.

Jerry Brown will straighten out California. He had the State in surplus during his previous reign in the 70's and will do it again, before he leaves. This guy grew up during the Depression and knows what it means to save/stretch a buck. If he's "taking away their money" like you say, then it's time to pay the piper for times where many in the upper strata did well and prospered.

The US economy is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs. Just today it recorded a more than a 14,000 on the Dow, positive activity not seen since 2007. Your arguments are dissolved by virtue of these facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Voters in Florida, 3 other states head to polls 3 min Mothra 16
Congressman: Get Ready for Immigration Move Fro... 3 min the Light 36
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min CUT TO THE CHEESE 1,099,061
Mitt Romney takes ALS Ice Bucket challenge, soa... 6 min Le Jimbo 19
Obama orders review on police use of military h... 7 min Le Jimbo 44
Rubio interrupted by hecklers in South Carolina 14 min Guess Who 13
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 14 min Cat74 225
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••