Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580110 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1200214 Sep 10, 2014
Tony Rome wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews! What're you gonna do?...
Accept their help in wiping out Islam.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1200215 Sep 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Because they live in their own little world! Notice how anything that reveals their world as make believe has to be shot down and ridiculed. They can't handle the real world without their rose colored glasses!!!
Well lQQkie here, one moron helping another moron wipe it's azz.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1200216 Sep 10, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfffffffffffft mindless drivel. ISIS wasn't called ISIS in the beginning it was called AQ in Iraq then it migrated to Syria and became stronger, better trained, began calling itself ISIS/ISIL and invaded Iraq, became stronger, continued training, is now better equipped and much better financed!
Did you know John Kerry is held in as much contempt as Obama by nation's that used to be allied to America? John Kerry is essentially the broker to create a league of the willing to fight ISIL. No one trusts Obama (with good reason) and no one trust John Kerry (with good reason). Obama's bumbling and stumbling foreign policy is clear to everyone around the globe excluding his obamabots in the Democratic Party the true definition of 'sheeple'.
Waiting to confront ISIL has only allowed them to grow larger, better trained and better financed. Our own southern border is wide open and remains so due to Obama's policies domestically. Obama is a horrible president and it will take a miracle for our country not to experience another terrorist attack on the homeland.
Our military is now facing a enemy created by our own government's lack of foresight, planning and execution. Unlike you I respect our military and our military families, I think it's important to give them every advantage and support we can in keeping us safe from global threats. Our governments inaction in the face of ISIL has only made the threat of ISIL a bigger threat to our homeland and for our military to fight!
Obama is suppose to deliver a prime time speech explaining 'we really do have a strategy' to fight ISIL....I hope he gives the speech like a real president not a political hack....we'll see.
Blah Blah Blah. ISIS is not the same as Al Qaeda.

The idea that you do not know this proves your ignorance.

If you cared so much about our soldiers why did you support the President that sent them to be killed & maimed in a war in Iraq based on lies only to then support the party that voted against funding the VA & taking care of our veterans.

Attacking ISIS without addressing the issues that provided their success is very Republican.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1200217 Sep 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you are denying that Obama has built coalitions to put sanctions on Iran, Syria, and Russia.
All are working.
We will see what coalition is formed to defeat ISIS instead of your plan for the US to attack ISIS unilaterally & commit us to yet another quagmire war.
Taxman Reports Massive Increase in Russian Tax Revenues
The Moscow TimesSep. 10 2014 20:54 Last edited 20:54

Russia's tax authorities boosted the revenues handed over to the federal government in the year to Sept. 1 by 18 percent, or about 600 billion rubles ($16 billion), to 4.1 trillion rubles ($111 billion), compared to the year before, the country''s top tax official said Wednesday.

Rising inflation, more efficient tax collection and bigger mineral extraction taxes are behind the rise, Mikhail Mishustin, head of the tax service, said in a presentation to his colleagues published online.

Meanwhile, the total tax revenue raised on behalf of all Russia's state budgets, both local and national, by the taxman rose by just more than 1 trillion rubles ($28 billion), or 18 percent, to 8.4 trillion rubles ($223 billion).

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1200218 Sep 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you are denying that Obama has built coalitions to put sanctions on Iran, Syria, and Russia.
All are working.
We will see what coalition is formed to defeat ISIS instead of your plan for the US to attack ISIS unilaterally & commit us to yet another quagmire war.
when Bush totally failed at getting our allies in on the Iran sanctions...so who is better at building allies?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1200220 Sep 10, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, we already know you don't search for facts.
You search for what works for your politics.
But I appreciate your admission...
Yeah ‘I’ll like to see things your way, but I can’t get my Head that Far up my A**!!” I don’t know if this is True or Not… some have said if I Picked your Brain I’ll just get Crap?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1200222 Sep 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot [which you are over qualified] would think that a person has to be found guilty of a crime in order to be guilty.
that's the way it works in America....you draft-dodging black scumbag....

St. Croix valley

#1200223 Sep 10, 2014
Zeituni O Soetoro wrote:
Predictions for Obumbles' Wednesday night speech:
Posted from another thread, my predictions for tonight’s speech from the rat-eared tyrant:
He’ll say “let me be clear” before he says absolutely nothing.
He’ll use the word "strategy" as many times as humanly possible.
this time he’ll stress that ISO is NOT the junior varsity.
He’ll ignore the fact that he now wants to bomb the very people he wanted to help a year ago.
He’ll not once refer to the religIous orientation of ISO (i.e. he will not mention that Islam puts the I in ISO).
His eyes will glass over and he’ll say the pro-forma stuff about no boots on ground.
He’ll stress that he’s building a coalition without ever explaining why the hell he wasn’t doing this a year ago.
Finally, he’ll say something about the anniversary of the 9/11/01 atrocities without ever mentioning the Benghazi atrocity caused by his own policies and covered up with lie after lie from his corrupt administration.
Depending on how quickly he wants to get back to the Wednesday Night Partaay with his bros, but I’m sure he’ll also trot out the "Some people say we should (do some insane thing that no one ever said)" strawman
As well as the words:
prudent
thoughtful
deliberate
measured
and
along with everyone else in the the international community
As well as the famous
"Make no mistake."
why are you stealing happy nomad's words? or are you happy nomad?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1200224 Sep 10, 2014
The decision by ‘The Three Big Broadcast Networks’ To hide Obama’s Negatives News Stories, is no different than Reid’s decision to sit on Legislation passed by the House Republican than accusing Republicans of doing Nothing!!
The reason for Reid’s strategy were solely to protect’ The Do Nothing Senate’ while lending Obama a platform to accuse Congress of Doing Nothing giving the President the Green Light to work around Congress by using his Executive Order!!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1200225 Sep 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Brainless blather. If you could actually think past your hatred you could have easily answered your own question.
Iraq became what it it was destined to become__a religious clstrfk.
Sunnis don't fight Sunnis well if at all.
You're a moron.
Think past my hatred? Is that what you call liberating people from oppression and tyranny and giving them their freedom?

Iraq was still struggling to find its footing. But they were having free elections for the first time in four decades. The war had just ended only a few years before Obama said Iraq was stabilized. They still needed support and residual troops until they were strong enough to protect themselves from a force like ISIS.

Any other president would not have been so quick to give up on negotiating. The SOFA agreement clearly stated residual troops would stay if necessary after the deadline. Any other president would have insisted - demanded if necessary - on residual troops protecting our interests.

But the campaign trail was calling Barack Obama and politics always comes first.

Now don't go and confuse hatred again with reality.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1200226 Sep 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
And let me know when we are attacked within our border.
I did explain this to you but I guess you don't understand the difference between national security and fear due to political propaganda.
Util then, quit blaming Obama because you are hiding under your bed. Grow up.
Nidal Hasan......
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1200227 Sep 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
why should they change their history to satisfy Islamic terrorists???...
Why don't you hop in the old Honda and slip over there and ask?

Their your neighbors pal not mine. I learn everything on google remember?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1200228 Sep 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well lQQkie here, one moron helping another moron wipe it's azz.
'...one moron helping another moron wipe it's azz.'

is that not what Unions do....

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1200229 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when Bush totally failed at getting our allies in on the Iran sanctions...so who is better at building allies?
Nevermind getting allies in on Iran sanctions. Obama has already made Iran a trusted ally. They just have to promise to keep talking and they can continue their nuclear endeavors without any worries about sanctions whatsoever. The agreed six-month inspection was last June or July. Did you hear anything about that? I only heard they agreed to keep talking for another six months.

Iran saw Obama coming a mile away. Seems we've forgotten all about Iran.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1200230 Sep 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

ISIS is not the same as Al Qaeda.
absolute BS.......

mindless gibberish....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1200231 Sep 10, 2014
Proud moment in American History...

'ISIS Army Parades in 43 New Toyota Hilux Trucks – Donated By US Taxpayers'

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/09/isis-...

St. Croix valley

#1200232 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Think past my hatred? Is that what you call liberating people from oppression and tyranny and giving them their freedom?
Iraq was still struggling to find its footing. But they were having free elections for the first time in four decades. The war had just ended only a few years before Obama said Iraq was stabilized. They still needed support and residual troops until they were strong enough to protect themselves from a force like ISIS.
Any other president would not have been so quick to give up on negotiating. The SOFA agreement clearly stated residual troops would stay if necessary after the deadline. Any other president would have insisted - demanded if necessary - on residual troops protecting our interests.
But the campaign trail was calling Barack Obama and politics always comes first.
Now don't go and confuse hatred again with reality.
but, we invaded Iraq to stop them from using their WMDs bush lied about having proof of. when his lie was exposed, that is when he came up with this liberation bullshit.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1200233 Sep 10, 2014
Michael Moore: Obama 'A Huge Disappointment,' Will Be Known As 'First Black President' I guess what Michael is saying, Historians first notation will be their Historic reference to Obama being the Frist Black American President, elected Twice, achievements……!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1200234 Sep 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nidal Hasan......
Diaper bomber, Times Square bomber, The one at the recruiter office, etc... There have been quite a few but the brain dead libtards choose to forget, at their own peril!!!

St. Croix valley

#1200235 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevermind getting allies in on Iran sanctions. Obama has already made Iran a trusted ally. They just have to promise to keep talking and they can continue their nuclear endeavors without any worries about sanctions whatsoever. The agreed six-month inspection was last June or July. Did you hear anything about that? I only heard they agreed to keep talking for another six months.
Iran saw Obama coming a mile away. Seems we've forgotten all about Iran.
no, most of us haven't

and Bush did what to stop Iran's nuke program? he didn't talk to them like a third grader on the playground....good strategery...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min SeventhSonOfTheSe... 25,009
News The Military Coup Against Donald Trump of 2018,... 57 min Geezer 42
News One dead after car plows into group of proteste... 1 hr liberal idiots 180
News Mitch McConnell's secret fury over Charlottesvi... 2 hr A Bit Late 35
News "I don't think there's a racist bone in his bod... 2 hr A Bit Late 12
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 11
News Mississippi holds on to state flag with Confede... 6 hr old_moose 20
More from around the web