Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1198754 Sep 8, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
George Bush was a fighter pilot..
'Compared with the general population, all three
groups of pilots scored above the mean for intelligence
on the MAB...'
'The mean MAB FSIQ scores were 122.0, 120.4 and
119.6 for FP, BP, and AP, respectively...'
FP= fighter pilot
AP=Airlift/tanker
BP=Bomber Pilots
https://dokumente.unibw.de/pub/bscw.cgi/d5424...
Smart guys GET to fly jets...
Dumb guys like you peel potatoes...
Gee Whiz, don't present facts to Ghostie, she will drop her potato peeler. Then what will she do?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1198755 Sep 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I swear you are the number one fan of conspiracy theories. You are immune from evidenced based thinking which is the very reason you feel excluded from society.
Janet Napolitano: ISIS 'On Everybody's Radar Screen' 3 Years Ago...except O'bama's...and the liberals like you:)
Islam, the religion of peace.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1198756 Sep 8, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Bush flew trainers--most of the time on cocaine...about the only thing you can say for him is he had pretty good folks, whom he embarrassed the hell out of with the codpiece (stolen) landing on the MISSION ACCOMPLISHED photo op. Boy, did that turn out well...
Bush flew fighter jets you idiot... Obama drives golf carts you moron... See the difference you dumbass??

Your stupid leosnana and ignorance are a choice you retard...

leosnana might want to review made, maid, they're, their, there, legitimate, your, you're...

The Blind Lead...

It's the culture..
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1198757 Sep 8, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>
Janet Napolitano: ISIS 'On Everybody's Radar Screen' 3 Years Ago...except O'bama's...and the liberals like you:)
Islam, the religion of peace.
Hillary owns ISIS... The Clinton's hated by Muslims...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1198758 Sep 8, 2014
TSM wrote:
Wed the President supposed to come up with a Strategy to eliminate’ ISIS1’ The question’ Will he have is Big Boy Pants On or will we see the Soft Approach?’
Thank God the lets invade with the army he has & not the one he needs & gets 4000 soldiers killed President is no longer in office.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1198759 Sep 8, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
George Bush was a USAF Pilot...
MAB....
29 pilots tested in May 1994...
51 percent scored a full scale IQ of 127....
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a2851...
Bush was and is an idiot and an embarrassment, compared to a moron like you perhaps he would be considered smart, but then again how smart can a bagger be??? Besides your ignorance of our military disallows you to even be able to comment on matters. Bush was never in the USAF [and neither were you] dumbo he was in the TANG [Texas Air National Guard]. before he went AWOL.... I'll bet you have an actual Bush action doll...Huh dummy.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1198760 Sep 8, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent__Outstanding .
Best economic President in modern times!!!!
Bullshit!!! What little economic growth(not much except Wall Street) is despite the clown instead of because of the clown. Places where the economy is actually growing is because of people fleeing taxes in blue states!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1198761 Sep 8, 2014
Dell Cisco wrote:
<quoted text> Libtards don't think, they lie, steal and cheat, it's the definition of achieving the American dream to them.
lol!

Damn straight!

Signed,

Jeff Skilling, Ken Lay etal.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1198762 Sep 8, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Liberals/Democrats were beating WMD drums way before GW!! Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998
"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face!!"
lol! Funny thing, only one person could order the military incursion into iraq son.

And that would be bushie boy!!!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1198763 Sep 8, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Bush flew trainers--most of the time on cocaine...about the only thing you can say for him is he had pretty good folks, whom he embarrassed the hell out of with the codpiece (stolen) landing on the MISSION ACCOMPLISHED photo op. Boy, did that turn out well...
Leo, you can go to hell for lying. Chapter and verse, for the basis of your lie.
Leo teaches children while on drugs..

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1198764 Sep 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I never saw the play in person but caught glimpses of it on TV. My first reaction was awe when I saw the costumes and sets. Whoever did them was genius.
For some reason, it all reminded me of Neil Diamond's Tap Root Manuscript:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UK5Me4AlBpcXX
...which can bring me to tears at the right moment.....
Very beautiful. Thanks. Didn't bring me to tears but the simplistic beauty of parts of Africa and its people in this video was inspiring and worth watching. Made me happy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1198767 Sep 8, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Bullshit!!! What little economic growth(not much except Wall Street) is despite the clown instead of because of the clown. Places where the economy is actually growing is because of people fleeing taxes in blue states!!!
Kansas.

like i said, let's see you FOXbots try to blame failed right wing policies on the Democrats.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1198768 Sep 8, 2014
Gail Jamison, a lifelong Republican, voted for Sam Brownback for governor in 2010 believing he would restore school funding that had been greatly reduced by the recession.

Four years later, she has joined with more than 100 prominent Republicans in publicly throwing their support behind Brownback’s Democratic opponent — because, she said, Brownback pursued a hefty tax cut for the rich that deprived schools of needed resources.

“I am shocked by what’s happened,” said Jamison, president of the Board of Education in this Wichita suburb.“I find it personally a very extreme stance.”

As he runs for reelection, Brownback is finding that what he once called a “real live experiment” in red-state governance is struggling to produce the benefits he had promised, spurring an increasingly competitive gubernatorial race against state House Minority Leader Paul Davis (D). His troubles also provide a case study of what can happen when single-party control — now the norm in most states — combines with the sharp rightward shift of the Republican Party.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-kan...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1198769 Sep 8, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Bullshit!!! What little economic growth(not much except Wall Street) is despite the clown instead of because of the clown. Places where the economy is actually growing is because of people fleeing taxes in blue states!!!
You disagree with Forbes Junebug???

Only a moron/teaturd can't see that the economy has improved dramatically in all but a couple of areas in spite of the baby boomer exodus and the do nothing House of Representatives.

"Best economic POTUS in modern times."
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1198770 Sep 8, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Whiz, don't present facts to Ghostie, she will drop her potato peeler. Then what will she do?

Hey old timer and dumbass galore, they haven't peeled potatoes in the military in a long time. Were you in the Civil war, served possible as a Mule skinner?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1198771 Sep 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Thank God the lets invade with the army he has & not the one he needs & gets 4000 soldiers killed President is no longer in office.
Dave your defense of Obama is Pathetic….While he procrastinates the Genocide, Beheading continues, Dave what’s Obama’s solution or Strategy?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1198772 Sep 8, 2014
Republican Dreams Shattered as Koch Ideology Flops In Red State Kansas

As reported here and here, Kansas is going broke and on the path to bankruptcy thanks to Brownback’s adherence to the Republican habit of giving the state’s assets to the rich in the form of tax cuts. For the second time in two months, another credit rating agency downgraded Kansas financial situation. Moody’s downgraded Kansas in May, and this week Standard and Poor’s followed suit citing “a structurally unbalanced budget following state income tax cuts” that a Kansas professor of public finance said will certainly get worse. Kenneth Kriz said,“not only was the state downgraded, but it was put on what is called a ‘negative outlook’ watch” he claims means more downgrades are likely. Kriz continued that “the real issue here is business. One of the things businesses look at when deciding on an area is the credit rating.” Kansas is lagging the nation in job creation, revenue is non-existent, education is starved of funding, and the state could not afford $100,000 to keep homeless shelters for children open. However, the economic devastation is just one aspect of a completely Republican government.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/08/08/republ...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1198773 Sep 8, 2014
flack wrote:
Just where do the libtards think the money will come from to double the minimum wage? Oh I know it's the tax fairy's sister the wage fairy!!!!!! Libtards are SO stupid!!!!!
Where does the money come from to subsidize businesses by providing their underpaid employees with Medicaid, Food Stamps & other types of assistance.

You know Flack, the sh*t you whiners bitch about 24/7.
jjj

United States

#1198774 Sep 8, 2014
Don Gordon · Top Commenter · Manheim Township

Let me see if I have this right. Eating is a biological function. Sex is a biological function. Children don't have the maturity or self control to monitor their own eating habits so we must do it for them by denying them certain foods. Children don't have the maturity or self control to when it comes to sex so we must give them all of the birth control devices that they need because they will do it anyway. Must be more of that famed liberal logic I'm always hearing about.

*explanation of Moochelle lunch program and how liberal thinking works in America...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1198775 Sep 8, 2014
How Tea Party tax cuts are turning Kansas into a smoking ruin

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi...

let the excuse fest begin. or not.

i'm betting on 'or not'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can Jeb Bush win the GOP nomination by praising... 4 min Black Annie 53
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Guru 187,263
News Chris Matthews slams racist GOP dogwhistles: Re... 27 min Who Guessed it 44
News POLL Marco Rubio jumps to the head of GOP 2016 ... 28 min Cat74 12
News Reports say Comcast plans to drop $45 billion T... 33 min Your Ex 9
News 2016 GOP Hopefuls Hold Fire After Drone Disclos... 41 min Sterkfontein Swar... 13
News Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP White Ho... 1 hr TomInElPaso 75
More from around the web