Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1565303 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1188013 Aug 18, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mr. Axelrod’s full post read:“Unless he was demonstrably trying to scrap the ethics unit for other than his stated reason, Perry indictment seems pretty sketchy."
Well I'm glad he's entitled to his opinions son.

That's the American way....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188014 Aug 18, 2014
why not do this with all government employees.....

WASHINGTON — Almost 8,000 senior enlisted personnel must go before a continuation board later this year to determine whether they can continue to serve or must retire.

The board — the first since early 2013 — will convene Oct. 27, according to a Navy document released Aug. 14.

At risk are between 7,500 and 8,000 retirement-eligible active and reserve E-7s, E-8s and E-9s with at least at least three years' time in rate.

But there is a big upside to the process: Clearing out senior enlisted who have engaged in misconduct or whose performance has slipped noticeably makes way for hot running sailors to move up.

The board has no exceptions; even the most senior sailors — up to and including Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy Mike Stevens — will have their records reviewed.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1188015 Aug 18, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't mean he has to fund a unit that is headed by a malefactor who was arrested for drunk driving. Nothing like a person heading the integrity division caught driving three times over the limit. Of course, ethics and morals don't apply to most liberals anyways. By the way, Perry never deposed her from office, so your point is invalid.
Again, who made Perry judge, jury and executioner?
Mugsy

United States

#1188016 Aug 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's going to be the right wing racist 'You are what I am?" tact?
is that ever getting old.
Perhaps it would behoove to learn how to compile a sentence using proper English, spelling, and punctuation before posting on here? Then I'd invite you to learn how to formulate a pithy thought for once instead of the same racial innuendo. That said, doesn't it ever get old, liberal?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1188017 Aug 18, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
In my amarica, one is still innocent until proven guilty.
In mine too. I'm not sure where this guilty until proven innocent concept began but it is unhealthy.
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#1188018 Aug 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody "ordered" that the video not be shown. The DOJ objected to the release of the video because they knew it would inflame tensions. They certainly didn't "order" anyone to sit on it. Stop painting everything with broad strokes. The truth is in the details.
Mao they did not allow it to be shown... In other words the DOJ did just that! They ordered it! They asked, they told... Wow you people have a way out for anything
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1188019 Aug 18, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be nice to conveniently cite blatantly biased liberal sources in attempt to smear the opposition. I'm still waiting for you to find one person who works for Fox that has advocated what you're claiming. Instead of constantly employing sources from the left, why don't you do your own research and derive your own conclusions? The idea that you honestly believe Fox News would push that message is beyond comprehension, which makes you look dumb. Most of you liberals are like trained dogs who can't think for themselves. It is as if most of you liberals circulate a cue card and echo the same crap over and over. That said, liberalism is truly a lie and a mental disorder.
You are one warped twisted programmed puppy.You and your kind are haters, racist and bigots. From day on you people have attempted to blame Obama for everything along with all of the messes your party left behind, including two unnecessary botched lie induced wars. If you idiots had spend one tenth the time trying to help as opposed to hindering and offering absolutely nothing maybe you wouldn't have the lowest approval of any Congress in our history. Yea think?

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1188020 Aug 18, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I say it because the myth of white cops killing black kids all the time is BS. I say it because the fact remains that democrats don't give a sh*t about black on black crime.
You say ¨one thing has nothing to do with the other?¨ That proves my point. Thank you.
You are wrong. It is the Republicans who do not care about black on black crime. Democrats care very much.

Democrats understand the importance of helping the single parent. Democrats understand the importance of educational opportunities to help blacks rise above poverty. Democrats understand the importance of the Earned Income Tax Credit to help pay the bills.

Republicans are the party of "no".

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1188021 Aug 18, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, the skank stole the comment from ME!
Like you, she's dull as dirt and hasn't an original thought in her brain.
I didn't steal anything from you retard. If anythng, it is the other way around but I'm not so petty as to even care.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188023 Aug 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should the media be "all over black kids killing black kids?" That's not news. It is a well documented fact. On the otherhand, a young unarmed man (black or white) being shot by police IS news.
BS...police kill approximately 400 civilians every year, many of them unarmed.....

eleven (11) other people have been killed by police since the Brown incident......

the total this month (August 2014) is thirty (30) and counting....

why is this robbery suspect (Brown) any different???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188024 Aug 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. It is the Republicans who do not care about black on black crime. Democrats care very much.
Democrats understand the importance of helping the single parent. Democrats understand the importance of educational opportunities to help blacks rise above poverty. Democrats understand the importance of the Earned Income Tax Credit to help pay the bills.
black crime rates were lower in the 1960s than they are now.......before the Civil Rights Act, anti-poverty programs, and affirmative action.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188025 Aug 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should the media be "all over black kids killing black kids?" That's not news. It is a well documented fact. On the otherhand, a young unarmed man (black or white) being shot by police IS news.
Besides, if the media were to focus on the problem, they would have to focus on solutions which goes against conservative hate talk radio.
"At the NAACP I'm here to report I'm never going to stop talking about it. No matter how much money we invest in our communities, or how many 10-point plans we propose or how many government programs we launch — none of it will make a difference, at least not enough of a difference, if we don't seize more responsibility in our own lives." (Barack Obama)
"You and I know how true this is in the African-American community. We know that more than half of all black children live in single-parent households, a number that has doubled — doubled — since we were children. We know the statistics — that children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime; nine times more likely to drop out of schools and 20 times more likely to end up in prison. They are more likely to have behavioral problems, or run away from home or become teenage parents themselves. And the foundations of our community are weaker because of it." (Barack Obama)
"How many times in the last year has this city lost a child at the hands of another child? How many times have our hearts stopped in the middle of the night with the sound of a gunshot or a siren? How many teenagers have we seen hanging around on street corners when they should be sitting in a classroom? How many are sitting in prison when they should be working, or at least looking for a job? How many in this generation are we willing to lose to poverty or violence or addiction? How many?" (Barack Obama)
this case is much more problematic than the Michael Brown incident.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mi...
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#1188026 Aug 18, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's rather funny that you're basically insinuating that criticism of the current president is some foreign concept that just suddenly emerged under Obama. You're probably the same obstreperous liberal that had no problem castigating Bush during his tenure and still to this day?Even your hapless hero still dwells on him as if he just left office or something. The things that have transpired under Obama since his inception are not some accusations ginned up just to sully his reputation. The guys policies have been an unmitigated disaster along with the countless scandals that have occurred under his watch. Of course, the only answer you race baiting liberals have for his ineptitude is labeling others as bigots. Notice how you labeled me as a racist when I didn't even mention one thing about Obama's race. In other words, it is YOUR SIDE that is obsessed with race. Most of you on the left should be ashamed of your constant racial innuendo especially when someone disagrees with you. You guys are nothing but political fanatics who are only driven by ideology rather than doing what's right. Your labeling of other fellow Americans as terrorists is typical of how mentally unstable most of you liberals are. By the way, name one metric that has improved under Obama than when Bush was in office outside of a Q3 stock market? Needless to say, I'll take two morons over Obama any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.
You lost that idiot after the first sentence, but I agree with you!
Mugsy

United States

#1188027 Aug 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
all of that offsets Conservatives hating blacks?
i know what the black folks would say. and since you seem to be a Conservative....so do you. something like this.....
So why don't blacks vote Republican? The answer is simple. Black people are not crazy. Being not crazy, they understand a simple truth about conservatives: They have never stood with, or up for, black people. Never.
Forget modern controversies like mass incarceration. Social conservatives, then based largely in the Democratic Party of the early to mid-20th century, opposed the Voting Rights Act. They opposed the Civil Rights Act. They opposed school integration. They opposed the Montgomery Bus Boycott. They opposed a law to crack down on lynching.
These are the people for whom African-Americans are now supposed to vote? To make the argument is to betray a stunning contempt for the intelligence — and memory — of black voters.
In talking about race, conservatives have all the moral authority of a pimp talking about women's rights.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-11-07/n...
Your diatribes have reached all time levels of idiocy that I don't even know how to respond? Not only are you going off on tangents, then you're spewing out all of this presumptuous drivel and platitudes without any facts to back them up. However, I'll indulge out of pure entertainment.

First and foremost, I don't care whether most blacks vote conservative. You guys are free to vote however you like with whatever best suits your interests. However, it would behoove you to do some research before you labeling conservatives as racist especially when you probably don't know many to begin with. Everything you just spewed out were misnomers and typical liberal lies that have been recycled for decades by the media.

Secondly, your recollection of history is shoddy at best. It was the the Democrats who opposed the Civil Rights Act and that is a fact you can check. There were more votes proportionally casted on the Republican side than your beloved party that you blindly worship. The KKK was formed by the Democrat Party and I'm pretty sure the last member of that sordid group came from the left. Robert Byrd anyone. Oh wait, Pelosi, Obama, Reid, and the media forgot to mention that! By the way, it was Lincoln who freed the slaves and he was a Republican.

That said, you can cast aspersions all you want towards Conservatives as that's your prerogative. However, the Democrats and their failed policies including the Great Society, New Deal, and the CRA has done nothing to ameliorate the black community. The only thing your leaders have done is ensnare your culture into government dependence because they think you're too stupid to think for yourselves. That is the real tragedy, which is why there has been more poverty and joblessness under liberal presidents. It's just too bad you're too ignorant to see that. All they want is your vote in exchange for handouts, your dignity, and freedom.

That said, Allen West, Mia Love, and Tim Scott get it, you don't!
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#1188028 Aug 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it's working so well in Chicago, Atlanta, Cleveland, Detroit, Toledo, Memphis, St.louis and New Orleans huh? All ran by democrat! Yeah they really care huh? Most dangerous cities in the nation, maybe in the world! Great job. Thanks for pointing that out to me!!

Idiot... You're way too easy!
Mugsy

United States

#1188029 Aug 18, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Again, who made Perry judge, jury and executioner?
It's well within Perry's power to withhold funds in Texas just like the HoR can do with Obama. Ever heard of the constitution?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1188030 Aug 18, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>7 blacks murdered in Chicago in less than 3 days, no one cares? no one was arrested.
He wants to damage a Texan who could hurt hClinton's return to the WhiteHouse. This looks like a side DEAL to b.Clinton in play
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1188031 Aug 18, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
The audacity of Perry withholding money from a drunken sordid prosecutor that was going to head a committee involving integrity.
Are you really that stupid? It's not about that. The agency was investigating Perry's shady dealings doling out cancer research millions to political cronies and campaign contributers.
Do you rightwhiners EVER get a fact right?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1188032 Aug 18, 2014
TN Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost that idiot after the first sentence, but I agree with you!
Morons short for Baggers always agree, that's what all fanatics do that's just part of what makes them fanatics. By the way Tennessee sucks and Haslam is a dope like you.
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#1188034 Aug 18, 2014
Oh by the way. The indictment for Rick Perry is a joke.... The DA that threw that against him has already been arrested for a DUI. She is a liberal drunk. That is what she is and she's using political pull at the taxpayers expense to do this...If you believe that Perry is guilty then you are dumber than I thought... You should not be allowed to vote...god damn!! Unreal!!! You liberals Will pull anything out of your ass and try to make it stick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min WelbyMD 242,289
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min Oregonducks 16,753
News Trump intensifies criticism of his own attorney... 51 min RushFan666 2
News 'Let Obamacare fail,' Trump says after GOP plan... 1 hr Red Crosse 67
News Burchett: I'm running for U.S. House or Senate ... 1 hr Thinking out loud 213
News Donald Trump's lawyers seek to undercut Mueller... 1 hr Sandra 74
News Democrats Announce Bipartisan Agreement on Sanc... 2 hr Red Crosse 20
More from around the web