Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1482391 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1180488 Aug 5, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how an illegal immigrant can be a citizen.
She didn't call them citizens you moron!!

She was 100% accurate in what she said.

Again, your TeaParty stupidity is getting in the way of your comprehending what was said.

GO read it and quit acting as ignorant as Roxblow.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1180489 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Would Jesus Be a Liberal or a Conservative?
by Jack Clark
Conservative Christians certainly would not think that Jesus would be a liberal, yet -- as with most things -- they are wrong.
We are given some hints in the Bible and the Catholic Church's teachings about whether Jesus would be a liberal or a conservative:
· In Matthew 25:31-46, Jesus proclaims that how you treat the hungry, the thirsty, the sick and other "least of these," is how you treat Jesus himself. And if you fail to help the "least of these," Jesus promises, he will send you to Hell.
· Catholic social doctrine holds that the resources of the earth, and the output of man's work, are meant to be shared equitably by all.
· The Catholic Church calls for a "preferential option for the poor."
· An overwhelming concern for the poor and for economic justice permeates the Old Testament.
· There is the redistribution of wealth injunction of the Old Testament Jubilee Year, when slaves were released and land returned to its original owners.
· And last but not least, do I even have to bring up the clarion words of Jesus repeated in virtual identical fashion in three of the Gospels:
Mark 10:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.[other translations]
Such a teaching directly out of the mouth of Christ does not indicate a favorable attitude towards the type of unbridled accumulation of wealth celebrated by conservative "right-wing pseudo-Christians".
To hear the conservative pseudo-Christians, the Messiah's real name must have been Jesus “Adam Smith” Christ. Could someone please tell me where Jesus extols the effectiveness – let alone the morality -- of trickle-down economics? Or the genius of the "free market"? Or where Jesus indicates even in the slightest way that the Matthew 25 suffering "least of these" should not be helped?
The average liberal, at least in his or her concern that the world's goods be distributed equitably and that the suffering "least of these" be helped, seems a lot closer to the words of Jesus, the entire Bible, and Church social doctrine than does the blind, idol-level market-worship of conservative pseudo-Christians.
In short, is not "Do unto others…" the essence of liberalism's goal, and the opposite of the operating principle of the conservative Golden Calf, unregulated capitalism?
Jesus was siad you must answer for your own actions. That is liberal.
Someone who tells me I can't have a Big Gulp because people on welfare are fat is a medieval mentality conservative.
Which are you?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1180490 Aug 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone recall any member of Congress prior to the TEA Party ever using Franking Privileges to inform their constituency about what's written in the Constitution?
I can't think of a single case before the TEA Party arrived.
I can't cite a single case before they arrived. I don't think there was any such case of that since Eisenhower actually. but not sure of that.

Location hidden

#1180491 Aug 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell us again why you hate jews.
You first.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1180492 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a little early for one of your meltdown's, isn't it?? LOL
You really hate having your stupid lies pointed out, it's clear!!
Realtime made you look the idiot with the Time article and you're whining to me??
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You haven't disprove anything I said about Pelosi. Get a grip.

You are the one who wants to reject all sources provided to you including a Time article. Now you are stuck doing your own searches.
paddyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#1180493 Aug 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
How conviently you ignore the FACT that Palestinians were living peacefully with Jews prior to the the zionists' plot to take over their land.
Please detail your lie for us. When did the Zionists plot to take their land. Was that the '48,'56,'67,'71 or whatever attack ON Israel by the filthy Muslims. Just give us the details on your make imaginary plot. Have I told you yet how FKing stupid you are and that you're not even a good liar, you just lie a lot.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1180494 Aug 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again. Carol is telling this lie over & over & over.
The first major legislation was the stimulus bill.
Carol, quit your GD lying.
The economy improved in 2011 & 2012.
There was no take over of the health care industry. We have people buying policies from PRIVATE insurance companies to get care by PRIVATE doctors in PRIVATE institutions.
Wen will you whiners EVER tell the truth?
They can't comprehend the truth. Their emotions trump facts every time.

“Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it.”(Harry S. Truman)

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1180495 Aug 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We supported the government of Egypt - especially the Egypt military. Not the Muslim Brotherhood. We saw that when the Muslim Brotherhood acted outside the powers of government, they were kicked out.
Syria is not the same environment as Libya.
Iraq is in a civil war & I don't see the Iraqi army using its military against civilians. Now you claim the group invading Iraq wants a democracy. Just how GD stupid are you?
Whaaat? We supported Mubarak during the Arab Spring uprisings? Who was behind these uprisings?

Location hidden

#1180496 Aug 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're quoting Wikipedia, moron.
How about you pull some of their old literature propaganda from the 50s out and read it. It's full of jew hating bullshit. You'd be ignorant of this, wouldn't you?
And you quote the beer you're drinking at the moment.

Birchers are right wing nitwits, the precurser to the Tea Party.

Everyone knows that.

You just try to spread your lying bullshit, but it doesn't work here.

----------

The new John Birch Society

""If you've ever wondered what happened to the John Birch Society, author Claire Conner of Dunedin can tell you. The radical right-wing group that was briefly a player in national conservative politics in the 1960s is back, under a different name: tea party.

She should know. Conner's new memoir Wrapped in the Flag: A Personal History of America's Radical Right is a fascinating inside look at the Birchers in their heyday and her story packed the house last month at the Tampa Bay Times Festival of Reading at University of South Florida St. Petersburg.

True believers don't get any truer than Claire Conner's parents, who sacrificed their livelihood and even their relationship with their children in the name of the cause. Her father, Stillwell Conner, was a founding John Birch Society member in 1958 and its Midwest recruiter. As a child Claire was pressed into service and at 13 years old was the Birchers' youngest member.

She said it took years of incremental revelations on the correctness of the civil rights movement and seeing through the groups' anti-government and Communist-hunting lies to break free of its control.

Eventually Conner, now a self-described progressive, realized "it's good when the government does things. Old people having health care (Medicare) is a good thing. Social Security is a very good thing," Conner said. Her parents didn't believe in either — though they both accepted the benefits, of course.""

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns/the-n...

----------

I'm glad you brought this up, so I could bury you with it, you idiot!!

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1180497 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping religion out of politics is Constitutional. DUH
You're lying again. More stupid loose talk from an idiot. You make overly broad statments which are lies.
Our founders wrote much about this. Remember, they came here to escape religious persecution in Europe. DUH.
What you say is your usual brain dead ignorance.
Jesus was a liberal, there is no doubt of that.
Progressives keep their religion out of the public square and in their homes and churches, where it belongs.
You want to dictate to others how they should behave based on your religious beliefs.
That is unConstitutional.
Wow, you just proved that you have NO clue what is in the constitution.

Keep whining Jesus was a liberal --you are the religious fanatic. I do not engage in such debates and point out Progressive hypocrisy when they claim Jesus had a political agenda.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1180498 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Would Jesus Be a Liberal or a Conservative?
by Jack Clark
· And last but not least, do I even have to bring up the clarion words of Jesus repeated in virtual identical fashion in three of the Gospels:
Mark 10:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.[other translations]
Such a teaching directly out of the mouth of Christ does not indicate a favorable attitude towards the type of unbridled accumulation of wealth celebrated by conservative "right-wing pseudo-Christians".
To hear the conservative pseudo-Christians, the Messiah's real name must have been Jesus “Adam Smith” Christ. Could someone please tell me where Jesus extols the effectiveness – let alone the morality -- of trickle-down economics? Or the genius of the "free market"? Or where Jesus indicates even in the slightest way that the Matthew 25 suffering "least of these" should not be helped?
The average liberal, at least in his or her concern that the world's goods be distributed equitably and that the suffering "least of these" be helped, seems a lot closer to the words of Jesus, the entire Bible, and Church social doctrine than does the blind, idol-level market-worship of conservative pseudo-Christians.
In short, is not "Do unto others…" the essence of liberalism's goal, and the opposite of the operating principle of the conservative Golden Calf, unregulated capitalism?
So, what you're saying is Barry Soetoro is going to hell, right?
If I have one acre of land, and my neighbor has two acres of land, is my neighbor going to hell?
If I have ten dollars, and you have twenty dollars, are you going to hell?.... for having 20 dollars, that is. There's also going to hell for lying.
If I have an old pickup truck, and my neighbor has an old pickup truck and an old Chevy, is my neighbor going to hell?
If I earn 10 dollars an hour digging ditches, and my neighbor earns 20 dollars an hour for being an electrician, is my neighbor going to hell?

You're an idiot.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1180499 Aug 5, 2014
If you like your Obamacare plan, you can keep it - for a much larger premium

Your premiums are going to go up, your subsidy could go down, and you won't even know it until you get a bill from the IRS

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/08/i...

Hackettstown, NJ

#1180500 Aug 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That war will always be known as the Bush- Cheney blunder. All of the lies, the military sacrificed and only ended up making things worse all the way around. Here and there.
I don't disagree with that. There was no need to invade Iraq. The point was Obama was being credited with ending the war when a date for the pullout had been predetermined

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1180501 Aug 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
How conviently you ignore the FACT that Palestinians were living peacefully with Jews prior to the the zionists' plot to take over their land.
It would be helpful if you did not use Hamas talking points in your comments.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1180502 Aug 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
But before I go, this is what patriotism looks like, Realtime, since you've forgotten.
Commercial says it all without speaking one word.
http://stg.do/OdQg
Pretty sure many eyes welled up besides mine who saw this. It's still alive and well.
And yet you supported pro war, pro draft Mitt Romney who decided to sit out on the side lines while liberals like John Kerry and Max Cleland put it on the line for their country.
Don't talk about your patriotism.
Patrick

United States

#1180503 Aug 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you just proved that you have NO clue what is in the constitution.
Keep whining Jesus was a liberal --you are the religious fanatic. I do not engage in such debates and point out Progressive hypocrisy when they claim Jesus had a political agenda.
Seem you are still not paying attention ...not something new, but encouraging to Democrats.
Thanks for your posts

The Republican Leadership may be doing just fine with the Wall Street crowd and extremists who oppose birth control,
but for the majority of ordinary Americans its actions over the last several weeks have rapidly begun to seal its fate as a minority party.

First, let's start with the fact that the Republican Party is -- at this very moment -- a distinctly minority party in American politics.

The Gallup poll reports that the number of Americans identifying as Republicans has fallen to its lowest level in the quarter century it has been tracking the number: 25 percent.

Republicans lost the last presidential popular election by almost five million votes.

And even though Republican gerrymandering allowed the party to maintain control of the House by a slim margin, 1.17 million more votes were cast for Democratic House candidates than for Republicans.

Right now, GOP hopes for victories do not rest on their ability to appeal democratically to the majority of voters. They hinge entirely on successful gerrymandering and voter suppression policies that reduce the turnout of ordinary Americans. That means their hopes for political success in the future rest on very, very thin ice. And -- amazingly -- they seem to be doing everything they can to make the ice that separates them from complete political marginality thinner and thinner.

For instance, last week the House voted to authorize its leaders to sue President Obama for "exceeding his executive authority" -- even though he has issued fewer executive orders than most recent Presidents from either party.

Polling shows that most Americans think the lawsuit is a political stunt that will cost the taxpayers millions of dollars -- and many believe it is a first step toward attempts by House extremists to impeach the president.

Polling also shows that the issue of the lawsuit simultaneously convinces swing voters to support Democrats and fires up Democratic base voters. And it allows President Obama -- who has leaned into the GOP lawsuit -- to say, correctly, that the GOP is suing him for doing his job helping ordinary Americans, while the GOP leadership has prevented votes on scores of bills that would benefit ordinary people and would pass if they were allowed to come to the floor.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1180504 Aug 5, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I can't cite a single case before they arrived. I don't think there was any such case of that since Eisenhower actually. but not sure of that.
That is odd as the Select Committee on Ethics addresses this. They allow franking to a large group of individuals

http://www.ethics.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1180505 Aug 5, 2014
Hey Nazi wrote:
<quoted text>Israel is trying to win the battle for survival, while surrounded by enemies. Might that not be more important?
Zionist Jews are the ones who CHOSE to locate themselves in the middle of "enemies" and they haven't stopped whining and crying with their hand out since the beginning of the 20th century. It is time for them to take responsibility for their bad judgment without the U.S. holding their hands.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1180506 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't call them citizens you moron!!
She was 100% accurate in what she said.
Again, your TeaParty stupidity is getting in the way of your comprehending what was said.
GO read it and quit acting as ignorant as Roxblow.
I was responding to RoxLo's post indicating illegals aren't citizens.

Pelosi referred to illegals as Americans, or, "we are all Americans, north and south in this hemisphere". Explain how that is any different.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1180507 Aug 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
lily's personal attack against another poster was over the top. Yet, you attempt to justify it? Progressives seem to lack the ability to know there is limits. Maybe this is the way Progressives talk to each other, but here you reign it in.
Your hypocrisy is mind boggling. At least you are consistent no matter the subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Being conservative is not being racist 2 min trump--Im tax free 24
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Big C 24,022
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 3 min Well Well 14,977
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 4 min no bitchassness a... 4,828
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min District 1 234,361
News 13 Times Russian Hackers Sabotaged Clinton's Pr... 28 min Yukonigro territory 408
News Anti-Trump protests to kick off with Washington... 31 min Sandra 154
More from around the web