Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1658590 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1179225 Aug 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Her first volley was a Rep was the head of the Panel.
You would have thought when she discovered they were a bi-partisan group, created by law to report to Congress, and appointed by Hagel, senseless would have given up her attack on the group. Nay, talking about beating dead horses.
So don't tell me that you have followed all the posts as you have NOW twice made it clear you do not understand what is being discussed.
Senseless is clueless, like you. She lacks the ability to piss anyone off.
You two sure cling to each other for emotional support. If you have to tell each other how smart you are it kind of destroys that concept.
Meltdown in process.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1179226 Aug 3, 2014
Senseless1,

You need to *calm down
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1179227 Aug 3, 2014
Wiretapped: Israel Eavesdropped on John Kerry in Mideast Talks

SPIEGEL has learned from reliable sources that Israeli intelligence eavesdropped on US Secretary of State John Kerry during Middle East peace negotiations. In addition to the Israelis, at least one other intelligence service also listened in as Kerry mediated last year between Israel, the Palestinians and the Arab states, several intelligence service sources told SPIEGEL. Revelations of the eavesdropping could further damage already tense relations between the US government and Israel.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/isr...

Israel and it's right wing entitlement issues strike again.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1179228 Aug 3, 2014
flack wrote:
A Carbon Tax
What the Greens want most of all is a carbon tax; that is to say, a tax on CO2 emissions. It is one of the most baseless, destructive taxes that could be imposed on Americans and we should take a lesson from the recent experience that Australians had when, after being told by a former prime minister, Julia Gillard, that she would not impose the tax, she did. They got rid of her and then got rid of the tax!
As Daniel Simmons, the vice president of policy at the American Energy Alliance, wrote in Roll Call “Australia is now the first country to eliminate its carbon tax. In doing so, it struck a blow in favor of sound public policy.” Initiated in 2012, the tax had imposed a $21.50 charge (in U.S. dollars), increasing annually, on each ton of carbon dioxide emitted by the country’s power plants.” At the time President Obama called it “good for the world”, but Australians quickly found it was not good for them or their economy.
Favored by several Democratic Senators that include New Hampshire’s Jeanne Shaheen, Alaska’s Mark Begich, and North Carolina’s Kay Hagan, the Heritage Foundation, based on data provided by the Energy Information Administration, took a look at the impact that a proposed U.S. carbon tax would have and calculated that it “would cut a family of four’s income by nearly $2,000 a year while increasing its electricity bills by more than $500 per year. It would increase gas prices by 50 cents per gallon. It could eliminate more than a million jobs in the first few years.”
Simmons noted that “It only took (Australians) two years of higher prices, fewer jobs, and no environmental benefits before they abandoned their carbon tax.”
We don’t need, as Gina McCarthy told the congressional committee,“investments in renewables and clean energy” because billions were wasted by Obama’s “stimulus” and by the grants and other credits extended to wind and solar energy in America. They are the most expensive, least productive, and most unpredictable forms of energy imaginable, given that neither the wind nor the sun is available full-time in the way fossil fuel generated energy is. Both require backup from coal, natural gas, and nuclear energy plants.
In addition to all the other White House efforts to saddle Americans with higher costs, it has now launched a major effort to push its “climate change” agenda with a carbon tax high on its list. A July 29 article in The Hill reported that “Obama is poised to sidestep Congress with a new set of executive actions on climate change.”
If we don’t jump-start our economy by tapping into the jobs and revenue our vast energy reserves represent, secure our southern border, and elect a Congress that will rein in the President, the U.S. risks becoming a lawless banana republic. Carbon taxes are one more nail in the national coffin.
Flack is a member of the Me Party & now you know why he doesn't care that global warming would have a detrimental effect on his children's future. It might cost him a GD nickel.

We have heard all theses arguments before when a cap & trade was put into effect for acid rain. None came true.
la tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1179229 Aug 3, 2014
to shey wrote:
<quoted text> Take it easy TIGER , Brain dead Obama wanted to take the guns away from American Citizens ,that vote died quickly, cause if it did pass , his brain would have been dead literally . THE MILITARY DON'T LIKE THEIR BOSS ,an if I remember what Obama said,, work place violence can be DEADLY.
Is there any other way to take the dull, stupid and repetitive mundane that permeates this thread? LOL!

My Dreams are more exciting. Heh.

But agree with your old already known statements.

It's TIGRESS, not TIGER. Differentiating the Female from the Male of The Species.

Have a Good Day ...:-)

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1179230 Aug 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Meltdown in process.
What is this your fifth post whining about me? I live rent-free in your head, senseless1.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1179232 Aug 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Flack is a member of the Me Party & now you know why he doesn't care that global warming would have a detrimental effect on his children's future. It might cost him a GD nickel.
We have heard all theses arguments before when a cap & trade was put into effect for acid rain. None came true.
This on the other hand will have a direct effect and I do not get where you are claiming authority to dismiss it

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1179233 Aug 3, 2014
LRDII wrote:
<quoted text>Bush hasn't been in control of anything governmental since Jan. 2009. It may seem bizarre to you little progressive types, but time does move on, and your Dear Leader Barak Hussein has been in control for quite a long time. Blaming Bush is so passe, you need another straw man.
Pay attention. I have not blamed Bush or Obama for what has been happening within the VA. I merely pointed out that the Bush administration was well aware of the problem in 2005 and it was well documented throughout his presidency but the whistle blowers didn't feel safe to come forward until the Obama administration. You people are stuck on stupid.
la tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1179234 Aug 3, 2014
to shey wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice cup of DECAFFEINATED tea, dear, and then a warm, NOT HOT,bath and maybe a little music? Something by Dionne Warwick?
You can change names, locales, but you can't change your writing style Devil.

Yes, Dionne Warwick:

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1179236 Aug 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know this gig is up. From now on I will referrer to this duo as
senseless1 and senseless 2
Skoot along.
No one cares what a nutcase like yourself thinks. "Scoot along."
Nostrilis Waxman

Columbus, OH

#1179237 Aug 3, 2014
some body throw water on me gooddddddddddddddddddddddddd I'm a traitor since birth.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1179238 Aug 3, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That should be JIG is up, foolish almighty...you just can't stop yourself from revealing all. Scoot along pretend Jew.
Hmmm, never claim I was a Jew--nit wit. So I have no need to pretend to be one. But, your anti-Semitism has been noted.

Look up the definition of gig--an act or performance.

I stated what I meant. Move along.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1179239 Aug 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Flack provres once again how easily he is duped by the fossil fuel funded deniers.
Really, Flack? CO2 is good for us so we can't possible have too much in our atmosphere? This is how GD stupid you people are???
Flacks's source is a flake.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1179241 Aug 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
in their desperation to fight the perceived ills of "income inequality", the left fails to realize that all their policies just make the poor poorer and the rich richer.....
You know? If you were true, reich wingers would be the party of the people and non cons the party of corporations and money grubbers.

But for some reason, it doesn't work like that in the real world....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1179242 Aug 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the idiot denying what the press is reporting. You have no excuse
It's not my problem that you can't understand what the press is reporting. Although, you do have an excuse...it's called 'auditory processing deficit."

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1179244 Aug 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this your fifth post whining about me? I live rent-free in your head, senseless1.
LOL. You can't even comprehend a simple concept like "live in your head". LMAO
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1179245 Aug 3, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You know? If you were true, reich wingers would be the party of the people and non cons the party of corporations and money grubbers.
But for some reason, it doesn't work like that in the real world....
Right wing of the republican party, playing into the playbook of the Democrats
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1179246 Aug 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the idiot denying what the press is reporting. You have no excuse
Democratic party thanks you for your posts.
Don't stop posting!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1179247 Aug 3, 2014
House Republicans Want President Hillary Clinton

Viewed from the standpoint of a year or even six months ago, Friday night’s House vote to deport some half-million immigrants who arrived illegally in the United States as children would have been unthinkable. After the 2012 election, an official Republican postmortem urged the party to embrace comprehensive immigration reform. Republicans in both chambers followed through on this advice. No less orthodox a figure than Paul Ryan toured around Chicago with Democrat Luis Gutierrez, where he was greeted enthusiastically by a mariachi band.

Comprehensive immigration reform has suffered a slow, painful death for months on end. For a while, it seemed Republicans might instead try to force Democrats to accept the quarter-of-a-loaf compromise of a Dream Act, which would legalize illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children (and, thus, personally blameless). Even that gambit foundered. The worst-case scenario then seemed to be that Republicans would do nothing at all to address the broken immigration system or the gulf of mistrust among Latino and Asian voters.

Now they have settled upon a course of action even worse than the worst-case scenario. The cause, of course, is the child-migrant crisis, which is driven by a combination of a badly written 2008 law and endemic violence in Central America, but which Republicans blame instead on President Obama’s granting of temporary amnesty to some Dream Act–eligible immigrants. When House conservatives revolted against a border security measure, the party leadership mollified them by holding a vote to nullify Obama’s dispensation for the Dreamers.

The House bill stands no chance of being enacted into law. Indeed, the sheer political illogic of the maneuver is baffling. House Republicans were facing a medium-sized debacle caused by their failure to pass any border security bill. This left them with the prospect of going into August recess deprived of a decent talking point.

The cure they settled upon is a thousand times worse than the disease. A party that began the Congressional term hoping to move left from Mitt Romney’s immigration stance has instead moved toward Michele Bachmann’s.(Bachmann — who, along with Steve King, helped draft the House bill — pronounces herself thrilled.) The party’s new dogma will potentially entangle its next nominee in an even less humane debate than the one that ensnared Romney. At the very least, it has put 216 House Republicans, many of whom will one day seek higher office, on record for a policy most Latino voters consider disqualifying. The aye votes include potential 2016 presidential candidate Paul Ryan, who is not likely to be greeted by friendly mariachi bands any time soon.

It is understandable that the party's Congressional wing, based mostly in safe, deep-red districts, has failed to craft a national strategy for its 2016 candidate. But the House's course of action has fallen well below "unhelpful" and instead verges on outright sabotage. How do they think this is going to work out for them?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/08/...
paddeyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#1179248 Aug 3, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
some body throw water on me gooddddddddddddddddddddddddd I'm a traitor since birth.
No, you just need a bath, puke breath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Riverside Rednek 47,029
News Forged documents falsely accuse Chuck Schumer o... 4 min inbred Genius 25
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 6 min Theocraencyclical 338
News Jose Canseco on being molested by women: - It w... 6 min inbred Genius 24
News Women who accused Donald Trump of sexual assaul... 11 min Theocraencyclical 31
News Trump accusers call for congressional investiga... 16 min Retribution 180
News Trump says US 'cannot afford' Roy Moore loss in... 22 min Katrina 192
More from around the web