Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1685116 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174722 Jul 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a fck about Israel or Hamas?
Hear, hear!!!
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1174723 Jul 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Which part of the "O-economy" are you unhappy with?
Has cut our deficits by more than half.
Interest rates at record lows.
Housing market rebounding.
Inflation low.
Led us out of Bush recession.
Presided over record breaking stock levels (with the Dow just recently closing over 17,000 for the first time in its 118-year history).
Reduced unemployment from 10% to 6.1%.
We just saw the fastest first quarter of job growth in the United States since 1999.
The quickest drop in unemployment in 30 years.
52 straight months of private sector job growth.
Cut deficits?? He increased our deficits more than any other President so that is easy to do. He has basically cut his own deficits in half.

Interest rates? These have been kept low by the Federal Reserve due The poor economy.

Housing market rebounding? Housing starts reduced by 9.3% and building permits reduced 4.3% in June.

Led us out of recession? This was the slowest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression.

Reduced unemployment? If the labor force participation rate was the same today as it was back when Barack Obama first took office, the unemployment rate in the United States would be a whopping 11.2 percent.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1174724 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The US attempted to appease everyone. The claim was we were isolationist and had no interest in what was occurring in Europe and most of Asia. We attempted to be indifferent observers and pretended that this world war had no effect on us. Even after Germany sank two passenger ships we issued a strong warning that this MAY result in us breaking diplomatic ties. Germany instead broke ties with us.
Who and how did we appease anyone?? Be specific. What did we do that appeased either side in an existing war??

Europe was already at war, had been for years.

We were openly supplying Germany's enemies, which is why our ships were open to attack, but most Americans didn't want to enter a European War.

If you think Americans were wrong for opposing a European War, say so. You seem to think wars solve problems. Name one that has solved anything??

To equate isolationism with appeasement is typical of your ignorance of history and a condemnation of your fellow citizens.

Once again, you were caught in a stupid statement and were too proud to admit to it.

Nice going, Roxblow.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1174725 Jul 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>l, I've already replied..
a reply isn't always an answer.

is that what has tripped you up for so many years, boy?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1174726 Jul 27, 2014
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsepucky!
Finally sold the Boca house. Made an 8% annualized return over 14 years and enjoyed two years of rental income.
Anybody who doesn't treat every large expenditure as an investment is poor.
Anecdotal proof is lacking in real stats. So what if you could afford a home?
Not everyone can afford a home is a very true.

Location hidden

#1174727 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So Tenzig and Ghost are familiar with male Pampers. Something maybe you shouldn't be admitting too-eh
What is next with you two? Discussing the urinal you hang on the bed bars?
Aren't you the one who was bragging about her vag*ina here recently??

So you should talk??

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1174728 Jul 27, 2014
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a very clear, defined stance. Just ask any of the people on here who've known me for the last 5-6 years.
Why would you renege to having others speak for you? So what is your stance? There is no such thing as terrorist or are you isolationist?

Location hidden

#1174729 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do not understand why Carol would enjoy discussing anything with a person full of gags and deflections.
Your games must amuse her.
It's obvious there's much you really do not understand.

The depth of your own stupidity is only the beginning..........
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1174730 Jul 27, 2014
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the dream house she was aiming for, too bad it didn't work out huh?
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1417-NW-Ave...
You're in our prayers Genuine Carol.
Nice kitchen, where's the pool?

Location hidden

#1174731 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that you are desperately screaming do not look over there.
WTF??

You cray-cray, girl!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1174732 Jul 27, 2014
Ah! This is just good business practice for a reich wing company!!!! They should be outraged at the US!!!

US meat supplier in China withdraws products
The Associated Press - By The Associated Press
1 hour ago

NEW YORK (AP)— OSI Group, an Aurora, Illinois-based company at the center of a food scandal in China, said that it was pulling all of the products produced by its Shanghai Husi unit from the marketplace.

The company was thrust into the spotlight last week when a Chinese TV station reported that the Shanghai plant had repackaged old beef and chicken and slapped new expiration dates on them. OSI owns the unit, which supplies meat for some of the world's most popular foods, including the Big Macs and Quarter Pounders served at McDonald's restaurants.

OSI, a privately held company, said in a statement published on its Chinese website late Saturday that it was conducting an investigation into the actions of current and former managers and had brought a new management team to China.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1174733 Jul 27, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Who and how did we appease anyone?? Be specific. What did we do that appeased either side in an existing war??
Europe was already at war, had been for years.
We were openly supplying Germany's enemies, which is why our ships were open to attack, but most Americans didn't want to enter a European War.
If you think Americans were wrong for opposing a European War, say so. You seem to think wars solve problems. Name one that has solved anything??
To equate isolationism with appeasement is typical of your ignorance of history and a condemnation of your fellow citizens.
Once again, you were caught in a stupid statement and were too proud to admit to it.
Nice going, Roxblow.
Did Wilson's appeasement and mediation end World War One--goofy?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1174734 Jul 27, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>a reply isn't always an answer.
is that what has tripped you up for so many years, boy?
Son, you're in no position to demand anything from anyone since you're making fun of wounded vets.

You really ought to reevaluate your priorities and take your politics out of it for a chance. It may bring back a bit more of your humanity!!!
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1174735 Jul 27, 2014
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
... at least that's what Hannity told you.
You been watching Hannity??

Location hidden

#1174736 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back a few pages to where I already answered this
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA\

You answered nothing.

You again made a complete ass of yourself.

Nice going, Roxblow.

Bluffing doesn't work.

There was no appeasement prior to our entry to WWI.

Prior to the sinking of the Lusitania, American public opinion was firmly against our entry to war.

That was not appeasement, it was the will of the people.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1174737 Jul 27, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the one who was bragging about her vag*ina here recently??
So you should talk??
No that was you on one of your rants discussing my body parts. You go there frequently too
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1174738 Jul 27, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i know of no one that has ever ran from you, squatty. especially me. man up, little liar. did you serve or not?
lol! Keep demanding son.

Like I OWE YOU something...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1174739 Jul 27, 2014
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Manpers®
Nobama's their celebrity spokesperson. Got himself a schtick on a Celebrity AARP cruise headlining with Betty White!
Hopped on earlier. Saw you were back. Couldn't stay. Still ornery as ever though, I see.
Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174740 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So Tenzig and Ghost are familiar with male Pampers. Something maybe you shouldn't be admitting too-eh
What is next with you two? Discussing the urinal you hang on the bed bars?
Not to butt-in again, ma'am, but among ourselves we call that, "the drapes".....

Location hidden

#1174741 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you renege to having others speak for you? So what is your stance? There is no such thing as terrorist or are you isolationist?
Only you would ask such a stupid question.

Straw man, anyone?? That's a classic. Nowhere has anyone denied that terrorism exists.

Show me where anyone has denied terrorism or terrorists.

The Zionist Irgun were terrorists. I've already explained that to your wooden head.

Why do you continue to twirl around in that ridiculous oversized tutu looking like such an idiot??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Daily 202: Unexpected defeat in rural Wisco... 2 min Red Crosse 38
News Bipartisan deal would create 12-year citizenshi... 7 min Quirky 257
News Trump breaks with Bannon, says former White Hou... 18 min Quirky 105
News Senate Moderates To Pitch Leaders On Plan To En... 20 min Red Crosse 64
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 39 min DR X 53,100
News U.S. to retry Senator Menendez on bribery, corr... 1 hr tomin cali 9
News Prince William and wife make first New York visit (Dec '14) 1 hr Dennispauldicampli 8
More from around the web