Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,066,101 - 1,066,120 of 1,080,534 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
zzz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

The New York Post brings us a touching passage from Ed Klein's new book, "Blood Feud," in which Bill Clinton plans his death to provide maximum political benefit for Hillary:.

“I’m worried how my health will affect your campaign,” he said.“I have to do all I can to prepare the campaign playbooks, but I also have to accept the fact that if I fall by the wayside, you have to continue without me and make a positive thing out of it.”
A positive thing?” Hillary said.“What the hell are you talking about?”.

“Obviously, you have to have a big state funeral for me, with as much pomp and circumstance as possible,” he said.“I’m thinking maybe I should be buried at Arlington [National Cemetery] rather than at my library in Little Rock. After all, I was commander in chief for eight years and have every right to be buried at Arlington.”

“Bill!” Hillary said, trying to interrupt his train of thought.
“I’m going to plan this thing out in detail,” he said.

“I don’t want to hear this!” Hillary said.

“Wear your widow’s weeds, so people will feel sympathy for you. Wear black for a decent mourning period and make my death an asset. The images on television of the funeral and the grieving widow in black will be priceless.

“When I’m gone, people will think only of my good points and forgive, if not forget, the bad. I’ll be remembered in a positive light more in death than I was in life. That always happens. Everybody knows that. So you’ll have to take maximum advantage of my death.”

Klein might actually have done Hillary a favor here - this is the closest she's seemed to a sympathetic human being since she launched her book tour, responding to Bill's morbid obsession over using his own corpse as a political prop with appropriate horror.

This obsession with building hardcore political power around First Ladies seems to be a Democrat obsession for the moment - how does Senator Michelle Obama grab you, citizens of Illinois?- but imagine the reaction if a Republican power couple had a conversation like this. If George Bush had been caught talking about staging his death to fetch an extra two million sympathy votes for Laura's presidential campaign, the reaction in the media would be disgust and loathing for both of them, no matter how much Laura protested the idea. We'd be told it was proof that they're soulless and power-hungry, not to mention their evident low opinion of American voters as a bunch of easily-manipulated emotional ninnies.

But when you're a Democrat, the by-any-means-necessary thirst for power is no big deal, because your fellow travelers approve of people with the Right Ideas doing whatever it takes to get the power necessary to implement them.
hml

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

hml

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

hml

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

hml

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/WOLFM00N/me...

FIRST AMMENDMENT AREA DESIGNATED BY THE FEDS...
hml

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

WE'VE VOTED OURSELVES A REAL WINNER BOYS....

:-(
hml

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

hml

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

TIME TO WAKE UP AND STAND UP FOR AMERICA...
hml

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

PROPAGANDIST AND CHIEF and of course his wife....

Since: May 11

Woodbury, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand. If they crossed over from Mexico then send them back to Mexico.
If the corrupt Mexicans don't want them back then charge them a holding fee like, say,$2 Billion per year to start.
The federal government just can't send the children back to Mexico because of a law pushed for & signed by George W Bush.

My God you people are dumber than sh*t.

Woodbury, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
rather than deporting the juvenile criminals, Obama is moving them away from the border where they can melt into society.......
Obama can't just deport these children because of a George W Bush law.

Galt dumber than sh*t.

Woodbury, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

TIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to elaborate DUH A Vey....
Here..I'll start it for you....
(quote) "In 1984 and 1988, the Senate passes bills that would lift major restrictions under Glass-Steagall, but in each case the House blocks passage. In 1991, the Bush administration puts forward a repeal proposal, winning support of both the House and Senate Banking Committees, but the House again defeats the bill in a full vote. And in 1995, the House and Senate Banking Committees approve separate versions of legislation to get rid of Glass-Steagall, but conference negotiations on a compromise fall apart.
Attempts to repeal Glass-Steagall typically pit insurance companies, securities firms, and large and small banks against one another, as factions of these industries engage in turf wars in Congress over their competing interests and over whether the Federal Reserve or the Treasury Department and the Comptroller of the Currency should be the primary banking regulator.
Oct.-Nov. 1999
Congress passes Financial Services Modernization Act
After 12 attempts in 25 years, Congress finally repeals Glass-Steagall, rewarding financial companies for more than 20 years and $300 million worth of lobbying efforts. Supporters hail the change as the long-overdue demise of a Depression-era relic.
On Oct. 21, with the House-Senate conference committee deadlocked after marathon negotiations, the main sticking point is partisan bickering over the bill's effect on the Community Reinvestment Act, which sets rules for lending to poor communities. Sandy Weill calls..... President Clinton in the evening to try to break the deadlock after Senator Phil Gramm, chairman of the Banking Committee, warned Citigroup lobbyist Roger Levy that Weill has to get White House moving on the bill or he would shut down the House-Senate conference. Serious negotiations resume, and a deal is announced at 2:45 a.m. on Oct. 22. Whether Weill made any difference in precipitating a deal is unclear.
On Oct. 22, Weill and John Reed issue a statement congratulating Congress and President Clinton, including 19 administration officials and lawmakers by name.
The House AND Senate approve a final version of the bill on Nov. 4, and Clinton signs it into law later that month.(unquote)
Gramm Leach Bliley Act. I have some news, those three were Republicans.

Woodbury, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are we moving forward to?
Forward to where the economy was prior to the Bush administration? Forward to get out of two Bush quagmire wars? Forward to addressing major issues like climate change & Immigration?

Name one thing Republicans have done to help American since Jan of 2009.

Name anything, anything at all, the Tea Party has done to help America.
Joyce

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The federal government just can't send the children back to Mexico because of a law pushed for & signed by George W Bush.
If you followed this logically instead of blaming Bush every other breath why not realize the phony SECURE BORDERS are not secure and we are being invaded.
Dix

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

Every decision this president makes brings in to sharp focus his lack of wisdom.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

hml wrote:
http://s1322.photobucket.com/u ser/WOLFM00N/media/totus_latin _zpsa3b8c320.png.html
WE'VE VOTED OURSELVES A REAL WINNER BOYS....
:-(
Agreed!
Dix

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Valerie's Boy does, in fact, believe he is the leader of the Free World.
Free Cellphone, Free Food Stamps, Free Rent, Free Medical, Free citizenship for illegals, Free abortions,.........
Oh he's special....

PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton, Hussein Obama, and Plugs Biden......all did not serve
Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, GHW Bush, and GW Bush......all served their country proudly
I don't recall Clinton, Obama or Biden being pro war and pro draft like, let's say Mitt Romney who also didn't serve.
George HW Bush and John McCain served in combat, Nixon and Ford in logistical areas and Reagan risked life and limb on Hollywood's back lots making VD movies for the Army.
George W. Bush used his daddy's influence to get a safe stateside assignment.
Do you think only Republicans served dimwit?
Senator Daniel Inouye, US Army 1943-'47; Medal of Honor, World War Two.
George McGovern, a B-24 Liberator pilot flew 35 missions over German-occupied Europe. Among the medals bestowed upon him was a Distinguished Flying Cross for making a hazardous emergency landing of his damaged plane and saving his crew.
Bob Kerrey who served in the Vietnam War as a United States Navy SEAL officer and was awarded the Medal of Honor (MOH) for heroism in combat.
Senator Jim Webb (D-VA)-- rifle platoon and company commander with the Fifth Marine Regiment in the An Hoa Basin west of Danang; was awarded the Navy Cross, the Silver Star Medal, two Bronze Star Medals, and two Purple Hearts.
Representative Leonard Boswell (D-IA)- Lt. Col., U.S. Army 1956-76; two tours in Vietnam, two Distinguished Flying Crosses as a helicopter pilot, two Bronze Stars, and the Soldier's Medal.
Representative Jack Murtha (D-PA)- distinguished 37-year career in the U.S. Marine Corps, Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts, retired from the Marine Corps Reserve as a colonel in 1990.
Max Cleland who left three limbs on the battlefield.
Tammy Duckworth who lost both her legs in Iraq.
You're an idiot Galt; you always have been and always will be!
Dix

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

Are you a comparison shopper?

Realtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The children are mostly Honduran and El Salvadoran with family members in the US. They are being brought through Mexico by agents, for a fee.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••