Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,635)

Showing posts 772,681 - 772,700 of1,037,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

A nationwide epidemic of school closings and teacher firings has been underway for some time. It's concentrated chiefly in poor and minority communities, and the teachers let go are often experienced and committed classroom instructors, and likely to live in and near the communities they serve, and disproportionately black.

It's not an accident, or a reflection of changing demographics, or more educational choices suddenly becoming available to families in those areas. It's not due to greedy unionized teachers or the invisible hand of the marketplace or well-intentioned educational policies somehow gone awry.

The current wave of school closings is latest result of bipartisan educational policies which began with No Child Left Behind in 2001, and have kicked into overdrive under the Obama administration's Race To The Top. In Chicago, the home town of the president and his Secretary of Education, the percentage of black teachers has dropped from 45% in 1995 to 19% today. After winning a couple skirmishes in federal court over discriminatory firings in a few schools, teachers have now filed a citywide class action lawsuit alleging that the city's policy of school “turnarounds” and “transformations” is racially discriminatory because it's carried out mainly in black neighborhoods and the fired teachers are disproportionately black.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely.
The military is Middle America, everything the Obamabots hate.
If you can't beat 'em, start a rebellion??

You're crazier than ever, Nobraina.

Treason is punishable by death.

No soldier swears loyalty to Obama or any President.

They swear loyalty to the US Constitution.

Of course, cowards like you and Dweeb, who never served their nation, wouldn't know any of this.

""I,(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.""

Another way of putting it is:

"We are a nation of laws, not of men."

----------

While all you can focus on is your hatred for our twice elected President.

While your side was thoroughly rejected as racists and haters.

You're not an American at all.

You nate your nation, and your nation hates you right back.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
major? no more so then Bush.
if it makes you feel better, he was just continuing with the same program that Clinton started. but no one forced him to do it. and you wingnuts keep talking about Dems, but for 6 years Congress was republican and they did nothing. but if you want you can try to demonstrate how dems treated Bush like republicans now treat Obama. that will be a guaranteed hoot.
You, Obama and your fellow democrats are the only ones refusing to take any blame whatsoever, eagerly placing all of the blame solely on repubilcans.

When, in fact, as I proved this morning, the majority of the blame can be squarely placed at the democrat's doorstep.

Take the log out of your eye. You might see things a little better.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Grey Ghost, draft dodger.
Here's the coal pot calling the kettle black.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Impeachment looms.
In your sick mind, maybe.

In reality, not a chance.

Of course, you've beat the same drum for four years already.

There is no limit to your stupidity, Nobraina.

That's why you've run away from your original screenname and location.

But you're still the idiot Nobraina, and you're still in coal country, PA.

A dying nitwit in a dying industry.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

ESPN ROB PARKER THINKS LIKE a OBAMA SUPPORTER,LOOK AT THE TREATMENT OF BLACKS THAT SUPPORTED OTHER CANDIDATES BY OBAMA SUPPORTERS THEY JOINED WITH THEIR KKK MENTORS TO DO WHAT THEY CRIED ABOUT JIM CROW VOTER INTIMIDATION,BLACK OBAMA SUPPORTERS PROJECT A JIM CROW ERA hateful evil mentality,TEA PARTY RACISTS AND OBAMA RACISTS ARE THE SAME

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a war on Jews in Germany, a convenient scapegoat.
Just as there is a war on successful white people in America, another convenient scapegoat.
All those successful white folks being rounded up and sent to concentration camps!!

Yet Nobraina is on the loose.

So either it's another of his Joseph Goebbels lies, or they didn't take him because he's not a successful white man.

Which is it, Nobraina??

We know you're a failure who spends his life on Topix looking stupid.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Beginning in the 1980s, deep right pockets like the Bradley and Walton Family Foundations spent billions to create and fund fake “grassroots movements.” They churned out academic studies and blizzards of media hype, first for vouchers, later on for charter schools and what’s become a whole panoply of privatization-oriented “education reforms” ranging from teacher merit pay to common core curriculum and more.

Those billions paid off with the 2001 passage of the No Child Left Behind Act which made the right wing corporate agenda of undermining and ultimately privatizing public education national policy. Though standardized test scores were long known to prove little aside from student family income, they suddenly became the gold standard for judging teacher & school performance. School districts were required to purchase & give dozens of costly meaningless tests and to publish lists ranking their own schools and teachers as “failing” when test scores were low, which again, was mostly wherever students were poor.

Amid torrents of “blame the teachers” propaganda, so-called “failing schools” were required to hire expensive contractors with cockeyed “run the school like a business” remedies and more crackpot tests. Thus it was that NCLB spawned almost overnight an entire industry of jackleg educational consultants and test suppliers guaranteed a market with dollars diverted from already tight public school budgets. Those industries attracted capital investors, and began doing what every other industry does in the US ---- make big campaign contributions to politicians to get sweeter contracts and more favorable regulation. When test scores still didn’t rise, NCLB required many schools to close, making openings for chains of charter schools, often highly profitable charter schools, bringing the blessings of “choice” and free market competition to the educational “marketplace.”
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't beat 'em, start a rebellion??
You're crazier than ever, Nobraina.
Treason is punishable by death.
No soldier swears loyalty to Obama or any President.
They swear loyalty to the US Constitution.
Of course, cowards like you and Dweeb, who never served their nation, wouldn't know any of this.
""I,(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.""
Another way of putting it is:
"We are a nation of laws, not of men."
----------
While all you can focus on is your hatred for our twice elected President.
While your side was thoroughly rejected as racists and haters.
You're not an American at all.
You nate your nation, and your nation hates you right back.
Thanks nuculur for showing and proving once again just how cowardly and stupid nobraina really is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
This explains the U.S.'Debt Ceiling' in simplest terms...
* U.S. Tax revenue:$2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget:$3,820,000,000,000
* New debt:$ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt:$14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts:$ 38,500,000,000
* New debt on the credit card:$16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card:$142,710
* Total budget cuts so far:$385
Stupid is as stupid does, Nobraina.

And you take the prize for stupid.

Now you've proven you don't understand our budget any more than you understand Swahili.

I guess congrats are in order for your being the most ignorant POS here!!.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

GEORGE BUSH SAID READ MY LIPS NO NEW TAXES and BARAK SAID I CAN TELL YOU ALL ANYTHING you ARE FOOLS

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
ESPN fires Rob Parker
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 8, 2013, 2:57 PM EST
Austin Rivers - First Take - September 19, 2012
Rob Parker, the commentator who created controversy when he questioned whether Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is a “cornball brother” because he has a white fiancee, has been fired by ESPN.
“Rob Parker’s contract expired at year end. Evaluating our needs and his work, including his recent RGIII comments, we decided not to renew,” an ESPN spokesman said in a written statement.
ESPN can spin this as simply a decision not to renew his contract, rather than a firing, but the reality is that ESPN specifically stated on December 20 that Parker had been suspended for 30 days, and as of December 20, ESPN was expecting Parker back at the end of his 30-day suspension.(He made the comments on December 13, so a 30-day suspension from that date would have ended on January 12.)
So why did Parker’s discipline change from a 30-day suspension to termination? ESPN isn’t saying, but it may be that the network was unhappy with a recent interview Parker gave in which he said that ESPN knew what he was going to say on the air before he said it. In that interview, Parker also seemed to backtrack on his previous apology, complaining that people took his “cornball brother” statement out of context.
Parker has long been known for drawing attention to himself by stirring up controversy, and it’s unsurprising that he eventually took it too far and got himself fired. But ESPN is hardly blameless in all this: Parker made his comments on ESPN First Take, a show that celebrates provocation, and at first ESPN’s producers were so pleased with Parker’s comments about Griffin that the network re-aired the comments on Best of First Take. It was only later, after ESPN was criticized for airing the comments, that the network apologized.
And now, much later, ESPN has finally done what many viewers said it should have done from the beginning, and fired Parker.
Funny you didn't find a way to blame it on Obama!!

You're slipping, nitwit!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Not this carol.
Germans were brainwashed to believe there was a war on Jews.
You still don't get that, do you?
Oh really? So, according to your theory; if the Germans were brainwashed that there was a war on Jews; then, there was no war against Jews. Hence, you are a Holocaust denier.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

TheIndepentdentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Send him a damn crate of lye soap-he's way overdue for a defleaing and mouthwash.
Why you switching screennames again, nitwit??
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That pretty much sums it up__Carol and her new bff will continue attempting to hawk their bizzaro world version of events though.
If you want to deny Time Magazine's article in 1999 which I posted this morning or choose to ignore the rantings of democrats when others were trying to rein in Fannie and Freddie or pretend like 7 of 10 congressmen at the top of Fannie and Freddie's payroll weren't democrats including Senator Obama at #3 - be my guest.

You're the one taking the risk of looking foolish.

Even with all of this documented information, the majority of Americans still blame republicans.

And who do we thank for that? The Fighting Liberal Media Machine for corrupt journalism and duping so many people - you being amongst them.

If the black out media could finally be exposed for their unfathomable corruption, we might become a sane and responsible nation again.

For now, you and others are just feeding the monster.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

when President Obama walked into the White House door. What did he do? Did he turn it around? Or did he double down? The answer is that in the spirit of corporate bipartisanship, president Obama sided with the charter school sugar daddies instead of black teachers, black parents and their children.

President Obama appointed Chicago Schools CEO Arne Duncan Secretary of Education. A champion of privatization, Duncan had closed dozens of Chicago schools, many on short notice, some at the apparent behest of gentrifying real estate developers. Duncan fired so many veteran black Chicago teachers to , fill their slots with mostly white rookies, that teachers sued him for racial discrimination in federal court and won. Duncan even introduced military charter schools in Chicago, in one case handing a west side middle school to the US Marine Corps.

No Child Left Behind had been passed by a Democratic congress in the first days of the Bush administration. Opposition to its policies was widespread, and much of that opposition was among Democratic constituencies. So President Obama's signature education policy initiative, would bypass Congress and the opportunity for public debate on the disastrous effects of existing pro-privatization policies.

Secretary Duncan at his side, President Obama introduced Race To The Top, drawn up by the Bill & Melinda Gates, the Eli Broad, Boeing, Walton Family and other foundations. Under Race To The Top states and school districts are forced to bid against each other for many of the same education dollars they used to receive as a matter of course. The winning districts are those who apply Race To The Top's four official solutions to their so-called “failing schools.”

Race To The Top's four federally mandated “solutions,” which are never spelled out by corporate media news outlets, are “school transformations,”“school turnarounds,”“school restarts,” and “school closures.”
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to liberals there is mental help available for idiots like you. Then perhaps you can use something other than gun powder for brains, and become a real American.
That's because you liberals are all the mental cases that need the help, no other reason. Real American, you, a liberal? How's Al Gore and Al Jazerra, bird brain?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just hope that Obama is not foolish enough to move toward gun confiscation, something that could never pass Congress and could only result from usurpation of power.
Ruby Ridge and Waco would look like Sunday School picnics by comparison.
Nothing could be more foolhardy.
It's coming.

You nitwits who cling to your guns and religion are in for a big wake up call.

You're all cowards who hide behind tough talk.

Like your hero Zimmerman, who stalked a kid, then got his butt whipped and had to rely on a gun.

Cowards. Too weak and flabby to fight like a man, you hide behind guns.

They won't take your handguns. But if you're stupid enough to own an AR-15 or similar weapon, better kiss it goodbye now.

You live in the past, and can't see the obvious:

""The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

----------

Your 'use by' date is past. Time for you to be put out with the trash.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Obama Screws the Hard-Working Poor:
A Nebraska Wendy's franchise is slashing employee hours so the owners do not have to pay for health benefits for their workers under ObamaCare's requirements.
WOWT reports about 100 workers in non-management positions at 11 Omaha-area Wendy's will have their hours cut to 28 a week.
Gary Burdette, Vice President of Operations for the local franchise, tells the station that his restaurants cannot afford to pay for health coverage for all their employees under the new Affordable Health Care Act.
President Obama's health care overhaul requires employers to offer health insurance to employees working 32-38 hours a week.
Wendy's worker T.J. Growbeck says the reduction in hours will have a big effect on him and many of his coworkers.
“I'm hoping that I can get some sort of promotion because then I would get my hours, but everybody is shooting for that because of the hours being cut,” Growbeck told WOWT.
No, President Obama is looking out for the working poor. Franchisees like the one who owns those Wendy's store will soon discover herself out of business, The Darden restaurants saw their business decrease by 37%. They're just whining because they want to keep workers working at slave wages with no benefits. Those days are over. Responsible retailers like Whole Foods, Target, Costco, Starbucks etc. realize that their employees are valuable and provide parttime employees who work 20 hours with health insurance benefits.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks nuculur for showing and proving once again just how cowardly and stupid nobraina really is.
So, who are sponging of now hillbilly?

I see you're in "Bumpass". You didn't really get far on your "vacation" braggart, did you?

You are a liar and a fool, libtard.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 772,681 - 772,700 of1,037,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••