Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417673 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822233 Dec 14, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In a situations like the movie theater shooter, Columine, and Virginia Tech, relaxation of medical confidentiality laws might have led to some intervention before the crimes. All have at least some element of previously recognized mental issues
But that would be at the cost of individual privacy and civil rights, so what is the balance?
Got me, how 'bout we just quit making fu cke d up Americans? If I'm not mistaken, killings like this were pretty unheard of prior to the social upheaval of the 60's. What changed if anything? Maybe its long term exposure to fluoridated water:-)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#822234 Dec 14, 2012
Neighbors described Adam Lanza to ABC as “odd” and displaying characteristics associated with mental illness.

Gunman’s mother was teacher’s aide at school and not a teacher as previously believed, authorities say.
Nostrils Henry Waxman

Windsor, CT

#822236 Dec 14, 2012
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right!
No many how times gun nuts repeat lies and try to spin, the truth is that there would be far fewer deaths if people couldn't easily get their hands on extremely powerful weapons.
I have three guns in my house and everybody I know in TX and OK also has guns. I don't know ANYBODY, including President Obama, who objects to people having a gun for hunting, hobby target shooting or personal protection.
But none of those uses justifies individuals having access to assault weapons.
Without assault weapons, madmen could not kill as many people as quickly as madmen now can kill, as today's shooting proves.
Yes, liberals & Democrats should not have access to guns.

Rich Democrats in action.

http://newtownctdemocrats.org/democrats-in-ac...

They were his Democrat Union (Teacher) Mother's guns.

good point!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#822237 Dec 14, 2012
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right!
No many how times gun nuts repeat lies and try to spin, the truth is that there would be far fewer deaths if people couldn't easily get their hands on extremely powerful weapons.
I have three guns in my house and everybody I know in TX and OK also has guns. I don't know ANYBODY, including President Obama, who objects to people having a gun for hunting, hobby target shooting or personal protection.
But none of those uses justifies individuals having access to assault weapons.
Without assault weapons, madmen could not kill as many people as quickly as madmen now can kill, as today's shooting proves.
In a classroom of small children, with no armed presence in the school, the killer could have used a muzzleloader.
THE DEBIL

Latvia

#822239 Dec 14, 2012
I'VE OWNED AND USED GUNS FOR MANY, MANY YEARS. I'VE GOT A RUGER RED LABEL OVER AND UNDER 20 GA, AND IT HAS SO MANY HAPPY MEMORIES FOR ME IT'S LIKE ONE OF MY OLDEST FRIENDS. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? IF THEY AGREED TO COLLECT ALL THE GUNS AND DESTROY THEM I'D TOSS IT IN THE PILE HAPPILY AND WITHOUT MUCH REGRET.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#822242 Dec 14, 2012
A study in the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery found that the gun murder rate in the U.S. is almost 20 times higher than the next 22 richest and most populous nations combined. Every one of those nations has stricter gun control laws.

And then there's this fact: add together all the gun deaths in the 23 wealthiest countries in the world and 80 percent of those are American deaths. Of all the children killed by guns in those nations, 87 percent are American kids.

Please don't tell me that if only the staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School were also armed that this would have ended well. It might have ended differently, but concealed weapons in the teachers lounge is not the way we want to raise our kids.

Jose Luis Nunez had a handgun in order to protect his son. The 4-year-old accidentally shot himself in the face with it in Houston on Tuesday. Joseph V. Loughrey had one for the same reason. His 7-year-old son Craig died on Saturday outside of Pittsburgh when that handgun accidentally went off while the boy was getting into his safety seat in front of a gun store.

And that was just this week. The same week that the NRA proudly tweeted it had reached 1.7 million "likes" on Facebook.

We cherish individuality in America. We see raising children as no one else's business, and we have never managed to band together as a "parenting" bloc. It is time. Guns are a parenting issue and we need to control them in the name of the children who died this morning. Even more, we need to do it in the name of their mothers and fathers.

So cry today. Comfort your kids. Curse, and pray. Then pick up the phone, a pen, a keyboard, or your checkbook and make your demands heard. All day and every day. But most especially today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-belkin/new...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822245 Dec 14, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Atack the 2nd amendment obama I dare you !
Sure tough guy, y'all showed your teeth in the last election ... or were those dentures?

Any of you morons who think you're going to keep your guns once the government decides it wants them are treating yourselves to some macho, Red Dawn like fantasy. Dare ya to tell the crew of the M1 tank parked in your yard to "fck off".

That's what happens when you let the government get this big and this powerful.
Black Wino

Palm Desert, CA

#822246 Dec 14, 2012
Prayers and condolences fo da families dat lost der precious lil childun in da skool house massacre....
THE DEBIL

Latvia

#822247 Dec 14, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Got me, how 'bout we just quit making fu cke d up Americans? If I'm not mistaken, killings like this were pretty unheard of prior to the social upheaval of the 60's. What changed if anything? Maybe its long term exposure to fluoridated water:-)
WHAT? WHAT NONSENSE IS THIS? GEORGE WASHINGTON OWNED PEOPLE AND HAD THEM BEATEN TO DEATH OR SOLD WHEN THEY DIDN'T LISTEN TO HIM CLOSELY ENOUGH. THOM JEFFERSON KEPT A 13 YEAR OLD SLAVE AND USED HER LIKE HIS PERSONAL COCK SOCK. COUNTLESS WOMEN HAVE BEEN LITERALLY BEATEN TO DEATH AND RAPED BY MEN WITH NO CONSEQUENCES, EXCEPT PERHAPS THE ARREST/EXILE OF THE WOMEN. THERE WAS MASS KILLING ON AN ASTOUNDING SCALE IN THIS COUNTRY SINCE ITS INCEPTION. WHAT OF THE NATIVE AMERICANS? COLUMBUS HIMSELF MURDERED AN ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE, 400,000 SOULS. MARINES TORTURED AND KILLED THOUSANDS IN THE PHILLIPINES AND CENTRAL AMERICA. WHAT ARE YOU SMOKIN'? THE GENERATION OF THE SIXTIES ENDED ANOTHER GENOCIDE WHICH UNNECESSARILY KILLED 3 MILLION PEOPLE. THEY ARE THE LAST AMERICAN GENERATION TO DO SOMETHING USEFUL WITH THEIR LIVES IN 50 YEARS. SO NOW WHAT'VE WE GOT? A PROFESSIONAL MILITARY THAT FOUGHT THE LONGEST "WARS" IN AMERICAN HISTORY, LOST THEM FABULOUSLY, AND IN DOING SO KILLED MORE PEOPLE THAN THE HANDFUL OF DICTATORS AND THEOCRATS HAD MURDERED TO INSPIRE OUR WRATH IN THE FIRST PLACE! ONE THING HAS CHANGED, HOWEVER: THE AVAILABILITY OF CHEAP, SEMI-AUTOMATIC WEAPONS DESIGNED TO DO NOTHING BUT DELIVER DEATH.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822248 Dec 14, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>But what about the principal?
I thought the principle did have a gun, if not how'd he shoot himself?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#822249 Dec 14, 2012
nothing on the NRA site. wonder how long it will be, if ever, before they start the excuse campaign?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822250 Dec 14, 2012
Homer wrote:
Was that too harsh?
You're fine, settle down. Have a fruit rollup.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#822251 Dec 14, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The only gun crazy here is one of you libtards - old raider. How much you wanna bet the killer was an angry lib?
I doubt that.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822252 Dec 14, 2012
Homer wrote:
You can't throw a rock on this thread without hitting some stupid rightwinger in the head.
Got any rocks?

I'd like to test your theory.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#822253 Dec 14, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In a classroom of small children, with no armed presence in the school, the killer could have used a muzzleloader.
thats why Teachers should be allowed to Carry CCW & armed but you wont see that up in the New England States.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822254 Dec 14, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>A union threatened Snyder??? Which union? Where did you read that? The weekly standard?
Some loudmouth preacher was talking shyte__he's sure not a union.
Tell me bozo, what's your love affair with Michigan__you're looking dumber by the day.
That's like saying the chocolate looks more chocolaty by the day.

Its chocolate, nothing has changed.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822255 Dec 14, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pathetic POS.
Illinois ALWAYS had a law protecting infants born alive.
Murder has been going on forever. I guess to a f*cking dumbass like you that means it mist be irreleant that some dumbf*ck armed with what should be illegal weapan killed 20 school children.
More pathertic is a f*cking lowlife loser S use this tragedy to spread more of your lies.
I get it, if you ban abortion they'll have more targets.

They'll also have more to send to die on foreign battlefields.

Win/win!
Itiswhatitis

Norcross, GA

#822257 Dec 14, 2012
Thomper UK wrote:
Very rarely is so much expectation laid to rest on one persons shoulders.
Obama will NEVER be able to live up to the expectations and hype of this circus of an election.
I feel sorry for the bloke.

The "bloke" are people who live in denial. You still can't understand more people LOVE the president than hate him. It is only the bunch of sorry azz Republican Losers who can't deal with Change. You better face reality. The era of the White man is over! The WORLD is sick and tired of you with your cold blooded, hateful, mass murdering, inhuman agendas. That's why your children are crazy as hell they have YOU as parents. Today, another loose cannon terrorizes an ELEMENTARY SCHOOL killing 20 babies. And yet... you want to discuss President Barack Obama? smh.
Itiswhatitis

Norcross, GA

#822258 Dec 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
A study in the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery found that the gun murder rate in the U.S. is almost 20 times higher than the next 22 richest and most populous nations combined. Every one of those nations has stricter gun control laws.
And then there's this fact: add together all the gun deaths in the 23 wealthiest countries in the world and 80 percent of those are American deaths. Of all the children killed by guns in those nations, 87 percent are American kids.
Please don't tell me that if only the staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School were also armed that this would have ended well. It might have ended differently, but concealed weapons in the teachers lounge is not the way we want to raise our kids.
Jose Luis Nunez had a handgun in order to protect his son. The 4-year-old accidentally shot himself in the face with it in Houston on Tuesday. Joseph V. Loughrey had one for the same reason. His 7-year-old son Craig died on Saturday outside of Pittsburgh when that handgun accidentally went off while the boy was getting into his safety seat in front of a gun store.
And that was just this week. The same week that the NRA proudly tweeted it had reached 1.7 million "likes" on Facebook.
We cherish individuality in America. We see raising children as no one else's business, and we have never managed to band together as a "parenting" bloc. It is time. Guns are a parenting issue and we need to control them in the name of the children who died this morning. Even more, we need to do it in the name of their mothers and fathers.
So cry today. Comfort your kids. Curse, and pray. Then pick up the phone, a pen, a keyboard, or your checkbook and make your demands heard. All day and every day. But most especially today.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-belkin/new...
The other 22 most prosperous nations do not have to deal with American White Folk. No Brainer!!!
THE DEBIL

Latvia

#822259 Dec 14, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In a classroom of small children, with no armed presence in the school, the killer could have used a muzzleloader.
OH, HORSESHIT. WHAT MAKES YOU CLOWNS EXPERTS? ANYBODY EVER UNLOADED ON YOU WITH AN AUTOMATIC? OH, SURE, YOU'RE A HERO, I KEEP FORGETTING. AS YOU WERE TOLD OVER AND OVER A FEW YEARS AGO: YOU CANNOT PREVENT VIOLENCE IN EVERY INSTANCE. THE MOST VULNERABLE ARE THE MOST VULNERABLE. IF SOMEONE DECIDES TO WREAK HAVOC, THEN HAVOC WILL BE WROUGHT. YOU CAN TAKE ALL YOUR GUNS AND ALL YOUR CAMERAS AND SHOVE THEM UP YOUR ASS. IF SOMEONE WANTS YOUR STUFF OR YOUR FAMILY OR YOUR TRADE CENTER BADLY ENOUGH, THEY WILL GET IT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton tops Donald Trump in battlegrou... 8 min d pants 201
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 13 min payme 1,497
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min Dickstrict 1 222,350
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr abc 11,013
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 2 hr Carol 259
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Rose_NoHo 15,734
News GOP at war with itself 3 hr Quirky 1,684
More from around the web