Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404413 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#718940 Aug 23, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
As if any further proof of their insensitivity, bigotry, and hatred were needed, not to even mention being a clueless ideologue.
Look at the post I was responding to.

Oh never mind. You're too ignorant to recognize, let alone appreciate satire.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

Rockville, VA

#718941 Aug 23, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
so, you're bigoted against Mormons in particular as well as white folks in general....
par for the course for a black racist.....
Your comprehension level is seriously flawed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

Whitehall, PA

#718942 Aug 23, 2012
Morons4Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds great for Exxon. Their cost per barrel now to produce is $2.30.
absurd, ridiculous.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

#718943 Aug 23, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the felon Romney say that before or after he killed that lady with cancer or before or after he cancelled medicare?
That was after Romney destroyed hundreds of lives on his way to the bank & after his plan to end medicare AS WE KNOW IT.(Gramps I know yor're old but you forgot that aspect).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#718944 Aug 23, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously mistook me for another poster on this subject. Find one post on Topix where I expressed concern about gun laws? I have many other and more important Obama issues to worry about than gun laws.
BTW, I agree with the 5 day waiting period. If you want and are qualified to own a gun then you should plan the 5 day wait into your purchasing plans.
The assault rifle bill replaced a similar expiring law.
What we need is tougher laws with longer minimum sentences for those obtaining and possessing guns illegally. Commit a crime using a firearm, 25 years to life!!! Discharging it while committing a crime, automatic life sentence!!!
we already have to many gun laws, you republicans always want more laws and big government,and act like you want less.Hypocrites all

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#718945 Aug 23, 2012
Morons4Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds great for Exxon. Their cost per barrel now to produce is $2.30. They then turn around and sell it for $100.00. The US is at the 2003 levels of oil production. Production has increased every year for the past 8 years. So has gas prices. Just like your Repub ideas of not taxing the rich creates jobs the same goes for your oil ideas. No proof at all in the facts and history. If Repubs were correct then there would all have jobs for all with the lowest tax rates in history and gas would cost what it did in 2003.
06 cents profit on a dolluh.

There'sNO such thing as FWEE oil!!!

Welcome to REALITY!!!!!!!!!!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012

Helping states help themselves to keep their OWN lights on!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

#718946 Aug 23, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
INCOMPETENCE sees nothing WRONG (wrong wrong so very wrong!!) in that kind of 300 hunnert dolluh labelDUHM ignorance on 30 dolluh means!!!
FED SALES TAX 'em ALL!!!!!!!!!!
Romney/Ryan 2012!!
THE HICK SPEAKS....can you bark like a dog dummy????

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

Rockville, VA

#718947 Aug 23, 2012
GooberGhostTranslator wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: Bagger clown world-
Wormy smoghead fogheads that compare political leadership people and the positions of, to Hollywierd and whineDUHM cartoon network chawacters.
See: DUHMMy GooberGhost.
Airhead DUHllie tacky pwincess air jordon labelDUHM licker Duhmmy.
So in that psychotic world you reside in you think changing your name cures stupid? LMAO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#718948 Aug 23, 2012
Obama anti-gun? Says who?

The NRA's and Mitt Romney's baseless hype continues to find an audience.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, the National Rifle Assn. spent millions of dollars on political ads claiming that Democratic candidate Barack Obama was out to take Americans' guns away; one typical ploy was an NRA website, called GunBanObama.org , whose banner headline read, "Obama would be the most anti-gun president in American history." In the wake of Obama's election, gun sales soared and ammunition prices skyrocketed as consumers stockpiled bullets in preparation for a war on gun rights that never happened.

Obama hasn't proposed any anti-gun legislation in his first term, and has rarely mentioned the topic. This makes us wonder how long the NRA and the politicians who do its bidding can continue to pretend there's a wolf at the door before people look outside and discover that wolves are an endangered species. The answer, based on last week's annual NRA convention, is apparently forever.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/17/opini...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#718949 Aug 23, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but Dave says you're an idiot
"Rhode Island helps its docking industry by not taxing yachts." - RealDave
Changing the subject eh, don't blame you. The past decade was the worst for the U.S. economy in modern times, a sharp reversal from a long period of prosperity that is leading economists and policymakers to fundamentally rethink the underpinnings of the nation's growth. There has been zero net job creation since December 1999. No previous decade going back to the 1940s had job growth of less than 20 percent. Economic output rose at its slowest rate of any decade since the 1930s as well.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploa...

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

#718950 Aug 23, 2012
ShovelReady wrote:
<quoted text>We didn't mean to confuse your again by using facts. It's just so hard talking and reasoning like a third grader to communicate like liberals.
I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a smarter statement than that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

Rockville, VA

#718951 Aug 23, 2012
ShovelReady wrote:
<quoted text>We didn't mean to confuse your again by using facts. It's just so hard talking and reasoning like a third grader to communicate like liberals.
Facts to baggers are what ever Fox says. Where the school of self thinking is always in recess.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mr Owl II

Montgomery, AL

#718952 Aug 23, 2012
Nothing to see here, independant review of Pres Obama, and campaign donations...

"A veteran Wall Street executive who performed an independent review that exonerated the Obama administration's program of loans to energy companies contributed $52,500 to re-elect President Barack Obama in the months since completing his work,"

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAM...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#718953 Aug 23, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>name one bill he proposed with guns confiscation in it...or stop your lies
Fast and Furious and Eric Holder accountability excluded of course-

Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws
Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual’s right to bear arms?

A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns?

A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals don’t have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.
Source: 2008 Philadelphia primary debate, on eve of PA primary Apr 16, 2008

FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban
Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded,“No, my writing wasn’t on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns.”

Actually, Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Obama’s campaign said,“Sen. Obama didn’t fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn’t reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn’t reflect his views.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

#718954 Aug 23, 2012
boot the failure BO wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you, dingus. Lies , government funds and hypocrisy are the issues.
Of course you don't. It doesn't fit into your fantasy word.

Try doing some research.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#718955 Aug 23, 2012
“It’s very tough for people like me who are pro-choice Republicans. It’s admittedly not a large caucus. But when I have to see a story like Todd Akin, and then turn to my wife and my daughters, who are looking at me and saying,`Really? These are the kind of people you’re associating with in the Republican Party?’ That’s a problem.”

That was GOP strategist Mark McKinnon talking to Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC just now, deftly capturing the mess Todd Akin has created for the GOP and the Romney/Ryan campaign.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#718956 Aug 23, 2012
unauthorized_user wrote:
<quoted text>I dont have to check. Not only that but I dont care either. You do nothing but talk out your a@# and you are an Obama-head. You watch MSNBC owned by Ted Turner and run by the government and you're stupid enough to think it's news. I don't really care what you have to say dude. It's over just walk away and go vote Obama and when our country no longer exists so you can say you won some thing look in the sky and think just how stupid you really are. Romney does suck hell yeah he does, but anyone that votes NObama is obviously a f@#$ing moron at this point. I bet you go out and hold up blame bush signs dont you ? LMAO Guy hasnt been in office 4 years and your Hero still can't run on his own record and is still full of excuses. More so now then in 08 when people thought he was full of "hope". Don't blame America for the fact your brain isn't capable of self trained though.
F234 NOOBBBBBBAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMAA AAAAAAAA!!!! LOL
Translation: You went back, looked, and saw you were wrong.
Got it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

Rockville, VA

#718957 Aug 23, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a smarter statement than that.
lol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mr Owl II

Montgomery, AL

#718958 Aug 23, 2012
What is and what should never be...and Romney leads by 2...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154559/US-Presiden...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#718959 Aug 23, 2012
GOP brand suffers heading into election season

There are worrying signs about the Republican brand nationally, just five days before the party gathers for its convention and 76 days before Election Day.

A majority of voters in the new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll called presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and GOP candidates for Congress "out of step" with most Americans' thinking compared to President Barack Obama and Democratic candidates.

And 29 percent of registered voters said they had "very negative" impressions of the Republican Party – the second-highest number of voters to give the most intensely negative assessment of the GOP in the history of the NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, dating back to 1990.

The only other instance in which the “very negative” rating for the GOP surpassed that was in 2006, before Republicans received a drubbing at the polls.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 219,512
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 4 min Frankie Rizzo 158
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 13 min Nopal 10,404
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 20 min WasteWater 1,096
News Third-party growth at stake with disliked major... 26 min freetek 1
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 31 min WasteWater 227
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 33 min woodtick57 253
More from around the web