Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252143 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#718748 Aug 22, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
I see than on many things we do agree inparticular in regards to the banking industry.
A budget must roughly in ballance be it the government or an individual
If a household finds that its current bills and accumulated debt is larger than its income
a scond job is often taken.
This has been far more intresting than a previous encounter
It has been a pleasure we shall engage again
I must account for my accounting
Shop humor
A 2nd job can help if its possible to get one, but in the case of the individual/household, they do not have the luxury of making others pay the bills.
In most cases the household makes cuts in their spending.
A good lesson for the federal and state governments to follow.

"Stuff's gettin better"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#718749 Aug 22, 2012
Todd Akin and Republican Men’s World of Unicorns, True Love—and No Rape

Judith Regan counts the ways she loves Republican men—the guys who still believe in immaculate conception and Santa Claus, and think rape is sex between two adults and that women bewitch men.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#718750 Aug 22, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
I finally figured it out...grampy and fred are lovers. Damn, how did that get past me. they got "married" 38 years ago and moved into their dream house 37 years ago...it's so obvious when you think about it...that might explain fred's retarded daughter, anal birth is tough on a fetus
This is whacho speculative balderdash, coming from dem's fulltime fluffer Lord Fetch......

"A recent syphilis outbreak has led an adult film industry group to call for a temporary shutdown of adult film production" No work for fluffers. Have you gotten your pink slip yet?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new yawk

United States

#718751 Aug 22, 2012
Course not. Didn't even stand with her "sisters".
Imagine many of "those kind" were Single Woman.
The most dangerous threat in/to the church.
To both Men and their Women for obvious reasons.
Those Jezabelle Hussies !!! LOL!
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>When the women in his district did ask for more rights--could speak AFTER the men were finished, have discussions of their own, Ann never took part. She wanted it known she wasn't one of "those kind of women." Zealot convert?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#718752 Aug 22, 2012
Obama Is An Idiot wrote:
When is failed moron "Obama" (or whatever his real name is) going to release his college records?
ahhhh, the new mating call of the f*cktard....gunner will no doubt be along soon, if you play your cards right, you might just get lucky...he's a f*cktard too!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

New Bloomfield, PA

#718753 Aug 22, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You get dumber with every post you make. If a democrat fucksa state out of taxes that is okay with you.
Legally not paying taxes, as Romney has done is notfucking this country.
You are a hypocrite.
Peace
I guess you best call up the state of Delaware & give them sh*t for allowing corporations to headquarter there tax free you dumb SOB.

States play the tax game every day.

Guess what, it doesn't hurt the national country or our financial standing.

Meanwhile the Romney's of this country are given tax breaks & loopholes by primarily Republicans that cost this country billions of dollars.

Why does Romney have this money off shore???? To avoid taxes???

Romney wants to make it tax free to take jobs overseas.

Wow, that will help our country.

Mitt Romney, by using all these loopholes & accounting tricks has indeed f*cked this country out of millions of dollars not counting Medicare.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#718754 Aug 22, 2012
Obama Is An Idiot wrote:
When is failed moron "Obama" (or whatever his real name is) going to release his college records?
Never.

I think he's aware of the fact that those who need to something that will prove nothing won't be voting for him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#718755 Aug 22, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>As a rule military member of Special Ops do not talk about operations,neither should their leaders. The military is not meant to be political.
As we've seen before, birthers follow no rules.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

New Bloomfield, PA

#718756 Aug 22, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, SFB, its you LIB PsOS who try to manipulate taxes and welfare payments and regulations of all sorts to force those of us who love our country to support you slugs who are attempting to destroy it. You want us to make slugs like you to be at the same economic level as workers like us.
Bill, you don't support me one bit. In an advanced society, you don't leave people to starve in the streets. We need a safety net regardless how much cheapazzes like you want to discard it.

I have a thought, figure out how much money you an get through welfare, food stamps & other government programs & live on just that for a year.

Let me know how much fun it s.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#718757 Aug 22, 2012
Platform Debates Reveal Generational Divide Among Fellow Conservatives

While Log Cabin Republicans commend the delegates who proposed inclusion of pro-equality language in the 2012 Republican Party platform, the final document is marred by outdated social conservative ideology.

“Tony Perkins may be boasting today about having written an antigay marriage plank into the Republican Party platform, but it will be a hollow and short-lived victory,” said Log Cabin Republicans Executive Director R. Clarke Cooper.“The obsessive exclusion of gay couples, including military families, from the rights and responsibilities of marriage, combined with bizarre rhetoric about ‘hate campaigns’ and ‘the homosexual rights agenda’ are clear signs of desperation among social conservatives who know that public opinion is rapidly turning in favor of equality.

Unfortunately, what voters can’t see in this document is the significant debate within the Committee. We were pleased to see vigorous debate on amendments in support of civil unions and to delete language regarding DOMA. While these measures failed, the future direction of our party clearly trends toward inclusion. This may well be the last time a platform will cater to the likes of the Family Research Council on marriage, and the fact is, platforms rarely influence policy. Tony will never see his discrimination written into the United States Constitution.”

http://www.logcabin.org/site/apps/nlnet/conte...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

New Bloomfield, PA

#718758 Aug 22, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
You got a reading impairment? "Women seeking abortions" is different than "once a women has sex".
I'm a registered Independent.
Don't most abortions require some form of vaginal intrusion?
Planned parenthood says:
ASPIRATION ABORTION — THE MOST COMMON KIND OF IN-CLINIC ABORTION
During an aspiration abortion:
Your health care provider will examine your uterus.
You will get medicine for pain. You may be offered sedation — a medicine that allows you to be awake but deeply relaxed.
A speculum will be inserted into your vagina.
Your health care provider may inject a numbing medication into or near your cervix.
The opening of your cervix may be stretched with dilators — a series of increasingly thick rods. Or you may have absorbent dilators inserted a day or a few hours before the procedure. They will absorb fluid and get bigger. This slowly stretches open your cervix. Medication may also be used with or without the dilators to help open your cervix.
You will be given antibiotics to prevent infection.
A tube is inserted through the cervix into the uterus.
Either a hand-held suction device or a suction machine gently empties your uterus.
Sometimes, an instrument called a curette is used to remove any remaining tissue that lines the uterus. It may also be used to check that the uterus is empty. When a curette is used, people often call the abortion a D&C — dilation and curettage.
An aspiration procedure takes about 5 to 10 minutes. But more time may be needed to prepare your cervix. Time is also needed for talking with your provider about the procedure, a physical exam, reading and signing forms, and a recovery period of about one hour.
D&E — DILATION AND EVACUATION
During a D&E
Your health care provider will examine you and check your uterus.
You will get medication for pain. You may be offered sedation or IV medication to make you more comfortable.
A speculum will be inserted into your vagina.
Your cervix will be prepared for the procedure. You may be given medication or have absorbent dilators inserted a day or a few hours before the procedure. They will absorb fluid and grow bigger. This slowly stretches open your cervix.
You will be given antibiotics to prevent infection.
In later second-trimester procedures, you may also need a shot through your abdomen to make sure there is fetal demise before the procedure begins.
Your health care provider will inject a numbing medication into or near your cervix.
Medical instruments and a suction machine gently empty your uterus.
A D&E usually takes between 10 and 20 minutes. But more time is needed to prepare your cervix. Time is also needed for talking with your provider about the procedure, a physical exam, reading and signing forms, and a recovery period of about one hour.
Sounds like a lot of vaginal probing going on during an abortion. So explain to us what's with their (feigned) indignation with one more probe?
You said they were already "probed" once as an excuse.

Don't try to back out of you typically stupid post. I am not surprised one but that you think its OK for government to force a woman to do this to get an abortion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#718759 Aug 22, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
fred takes great pleasure knowing that ghost will die first. Hopefully he will not linger long.
God, who has a good sense of humor, will flash ghost's douche bag life but put the image of fred giving him the finger as the last image he sees before his brain flickers out.
Since his Loma Linda eunuchfication his bitterness has increased. You think they could have at least prescribed some hormone regimen for the old fool. He's like the neutered dog that still has to dry hump every leg he sees.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#718761 Aug 22, 2012
Is there a whistle blowers reward for uncovering s fake Jesus cult church?

I call dibs on that!

IRS: Mormonism collects "charitable" tax deductible "donations"

Then buys businesses worth over $100 BILLION?

Erects a $5 BILLION DOLLAR MALL?

Where is the charity Ann Romney? Mitt?

You claim charitable giving?

WTF is going on in this cult?

Pay your way to Uranus without tax deductions!!! Azzzzzzholes!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dem

Chicago, IL

#718762 Aug 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it. Another right winger complaining abut something they know nothing about.
These are clinics with real doctors, dumbasss. How did you get this stupid?
He is a reformed libtard and was as stupid as you. You need to get a clue, OWS Democrat fktard.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

New Bloomfield, PA

#718763 Aug 22, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>From 2006 until 2010 Democrats held the majority in both Houses.Barney Frank was the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee from 2007–2011. He has been the U.S. Representative for Massachusetts 4th congressional district since January 1981. The Republican took control of both Houses during the Clinton years and did a very successful job of making Clinton look good. Prior to that election,they hadn't held the majority in both houses for over forty years. They have not had majority of both Houses since,and even with the great results of the 2010 election they still don't.
I know its tough, but the housing collapse started before Jan of 2007.

Housing peaked in 2006.

I have news, if it was all the Republicans, WTF happened under Bush? Wouldn't that Congress have continued that work?? But they did not. We quickly went to debt & deficits.

Maybe it was Clinton controlling the borrow & spend Republicans.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bill

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#718764 Aug 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, you don't support me one bit. In an advanced society, you don't leave people to starve in the streets. We need a safety net regardless how much cheapazzes like you want to discard it.
I have a thought, figure out how much money you an get through welfare, food stamps & other government programs & live on just that for a year.
Let me know how much fun it s.
Makes no matter what it adds up to. Experienced teat suckers are fully capable of gaming and scamming the system to the extent that their standard of living exceeds that of many LEGAL Americans. You have intimate knowledge of same, I'm sure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

New Bloomfield, PA

#718766 Aug 22, 2012
mr owl II wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want shrimps on treadmills and you don't want Bushes wars Dave.
How do you come to a workable solution for these two issues that eat up revenues Dave?
Everyone can't get what they want anymore dave.
You sound like its up to the "other" guy to give up the wars, and ole davey will keep his shrimp on a treadmill...
You are selfish Dave...man does it show...
A combination of revenue increases & spending cuts as soon as we get better recovered.

Obama out a 4 trillion combination plan on the table & the Republicans said no.

It was a good plan for the country - Boehner even thought so.

But, too many Republicans decided being good for this country was not as important of keeping their no tax pledge to Norquist, the lobbyist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#718767 Aug 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You said they were already "probed" once as an excuse.
Don't try to back out of you typically stupid post. I am not surprised one but that you think its OK for government to force a woman to do this to get an abortion.
If they're already pregnant then it's not uncharted territory!

Chances are the abortion is much more invasive than the sonogram probe.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dem

Chicago, IL

#718769 Aug 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
As we've seen before, birthers follow no rules.
We never do, fellow leech, do we. he he he.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

New Bloomfield, PA

#718770 Aug 22, 2012
boot the failure BO wrote:
<quoted text>
PP is an abortion mill, I'm pro choice and i admit it.
Abortion is a small percentage of their work - 4% of all services are abortion services. PP prevents over half a million abortions in a year. Abortions are legal.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 4 min RalphB 172
News Huckabee: 'Redefinition of love' threatens marr... 4 min Imprtnrd 42
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 7 min Memo From Turner 107
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques Ottawa 192,427
News Mainstream Right-Wingers, Don't Even Start With... 12 min Silent Echo 487
News Conservative Republicans question what's next a... 17 min Imprtnrd 179
News Chris Christie: US Supreme Court not conservati... 18 min Mitch 1
More from around the web