Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1251797 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#712250 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what the Fact Checkers are saying on this topic?
When you remove $714 billion from Medicare to pay for ObamaTax & Care (as vouched for by the CBO) you have removed the money from Medicare. The fact that you attempt to argue with this obvious and common sense knowledge shows you are way too much of LEFT shill.
Now that the issue is ObamaTax & Care is paying for its' funding by taking monies out of Medicare is a settled issue (except for the Left deniers). The claim is that they will attempt to make up for the missing money taken from Medicare by limiting waste, fraud and abuse, mostly in Medicare Advantage, and are budgeted to help subsidize insurance for people under the ACA. To ensure this 'savings" will be protected to pay for ObamaTax & Care there is a panel who will slash Medicare payments to keep the 714 billion secure for the new program.
It was subtle but not so careful slight of hand Fact Checker pulled.
the right wing war on fact checking continues on unabated
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#712252 Aug 15, 2012
Boehner Calls Opponents To TARP "Knuckledraggers"

VAN SUSTEREN, FOX News: People think of him as hawkish on the budget, on expenses, but he voted for TARP. He voted for the auto bailout, voted for two stimulus in '08, voted against the '09 -- February '09 President Obama stimulus. How does -- I mean, how does he explain those, or I mean, how does -- politically, how does he sell that?

BOEHNER: I mean, I think that he's a practical conservative. He's got a very conservative voting record, but he's not a knuckle-dragger, all right? He understood that TARP, while none of us wanted to do it, if we were going to save -- save our economy, save the world economy, it had to happen. I wish we didn't have to do it, either, but he understood that.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/0...

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#712253 Aug 15, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. I'd already decided she wasn't worth the effort of reply...probably never has been. Well, have a good day.
She isn't. You too.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712254 Aug 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Now jason jay claims to work at the DOJ; well if so, you need to be fired.
LOL
lily posts this in response to this post
"The DOJ orders this program."

Very confused lily.
Realtime

Clermont, FL

#712255 Aug 15, 2012
still the same wrote:
Unless you’re Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.
Then it’s whispering a sweet £2.5million – the amount the couple have dropped on their fledgling relationship in just FOUR months.
The ego-stroking spendaholics have become so obsessed with flashing their cash at each other that they’ve forked out £1.25million each on cars, holidays and other pressies.
Only dating officially since April, their romantic gifts to each other have included:
A £478,000 black Lamborghini which Kim bought Kanye for his 35th birthday in June;
A £21,000 white sapphire-encrusted gold skull statue which Kanye gave Kim in July (um, thanks?);
Plus they’ve spent £446,000 on just getting to their many holidays in London, Paris, Cannes and Mexico by private jet or first class.
My source said:“As much as they adore each other, they’re both very strong-willed and there is a bit of a power struggle in the relationship.
"Both Kim and Kanye want to show they have their own money and fame outside of them getting together.
“But they’re so besotted with each other that although they’re spending so much, they barely bat an eyelid when they see the price tag or bill.
“After all, they’re both multi-millionaires at the start of a big love affair.”
And there’s no signs of it slowing down either.
As Kim, 31, says:“When I’m in love, you can’t tell me anything. I’m in love with love!”
Hmm. Her bank manager might have something to say about that.
My insider continues:“It’s coming up to their six-month anniversary and they’ve got a lavish weekend planned.
“Both Kim and Kanye have told friends that they want to get each other the most extravagant gifts.”
HE SURE DOES ALOT FOR HIS PEOPLE lololoohahahaha
James Patterson, author and pretty good earner, broke the bank in 2011 with a whopping $94 million. That's not an every year occurrence but the old boy has been near the top lately__just for telling stories that make sense__unlike you you and your mopey friends who work ten times as hard to say 100 times less, Oh My!.

For her twatty little part, Kim K earns more than all the posters and readers on this thread combined. And works both smarter and harder for it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#712256 Aug 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So when you right wingers run screaming down the street about 8% unemployment having a freakin fit about Obama, you took market conditions into effect.
You right wingers are such a pack of hypocrites.
You guys keep telling me how great the economy was under Bush.
Now you blame market conditions on the loss of our manufacturing jobs???
I don't totally blame Bush & the Republicans. If you recall,my post was in response from one of your right wing buddies having the typical right wing tissy fit about manufacturing contracting in the last jobs report.
Evidently it is OK to blame Obama for that & not blame Bush for flushing 1/3 of those jobs down the toilet.
I blame people like Mitt Romney & the Wall Street Crowd. Someday I'll explain it.
I blame those who decided to delay corp income tax collection until the foreign profits come back.
And I will Blame Pail Ryan & Mitt Romney & the Republicans if they pass their idea that foreign earned corporate profits are tax free. If you vote for them,. I will blame you too for being so stupid.
He's too dumb to get it.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712257 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not a woman?
Keep quessing :):(

Since: May 11

New Bloomfield, PA

#712258 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what the Fact Checkers are saying on this topic?
When you remove $714 billion from Medicare to pay for ObamaTax & Care (as vouched for by the CBO) you have removed the money from Medicare. The fact that you attempt to argue with this obvious and common sense knowledge shows you are way too much of LEFT shill.
Now that the issue is ObamaTax & Care is paying for its' funding by taking monies out of Medicare is a settled issue (except for the Left deniers). The claim is that they will attempt to make up for the missing money taken from Medicare by limiting waste, fraud and abuse, mostly in Medicare Advantage, and are budgeted to help subsidize insurance for people under the ACA. To ensure this 'savings" will be protected to pay for ObamaTax & Care there is a panel who will slash Medicare payments to keep the 714 billion secure for the new program.
It was subtle but not so careful slight of hand Fact Checker pulled.
The ACA reduces the growth of Medicare.

It does not reduce benefits.

It adds benefits.

It saves 700 billion dollars.

Period.

I guess the Romney/Ryan plan doesn't save any money? Is that it?

Or are are they "stealing" from Medicare?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#712259 Aug 15, 2012
Joe Biden's "Chains" of Slavery: Who Would Have Guessed That Mitt Romney is a Closet Black Nationalist?

Sometimes a person has no choice but to yield to the absurd in order to protect their sanity. As such, I will take Mitt Romney's obsession with the chains of racism and Joe Biden as an opportunity to have a cathartic laugh, and to turn matters on their ear, in order to expose the foolishness and insincerity which colors the Right's most recent discovery of anti-black racism.

http://wearerespectablenegroes.blogspot.com/2...
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#712260 Aug 15, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true! I eat dog pooh!

That's all Mitt will pay me! The greedy POS!!!

We the republiscum ruined the country.....

Alpo and dog pooh.....breakfast of right wing losers!

It's our culture..
You are sick!

First the queeeeeer talk and now this? Get help!

Obama 2012 -- 4 more 4 sure!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#712261 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not a woman?
I don't know, do you think so? I thought it was jasonjay from Nebraska!!
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#712262 Aug 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So when you right wingers run screaming down the street about 8% unemployment having a freakin fit about Obama, you took market conditions into effect.
You right wingers are such a pack of hypocrites.
You guys keep telling me how great the economy was under Bush.
Now you blame market conditions on the loss of our manufacturing jobs???
I don't totally blame Bush & the Republicans. If you recall,my post was in response from one of your right wing buddies having the typical right wing tissy fit about manufacturing contracting in the last jobs report.
Evidently it is OK to blame Obama for that & not blame Bush for flushing 1/3 of those jobs down the toilet.
I blame people like Mitt Romney & the Wall Street Crowd. Someday I'll explain it.
I blame those who decided to delay corp income tax collection until the foreign profits come back.
And I will Blame Pail Ryan & Mitt Romney & the Republicans if they pass their idea that foreign earned corporate profits are tax free. If you vote for them,. I will blame you too for being so stupid.
get a life....

it's the economy, stupid...
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#712263 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Not on the budget.
prove it
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712264 Aug 15, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
CNN's O'Brien Corrects Right-Wing Media Medicare Falsehood
O'Brien pointed out that Sununu's talking point has been debunked by the Congressional Budget Office, which found that the Medicare savings in the ACA are not cuts, but rather a reduction in the expected rate of growth of the program.
O'Brien also noted that independent fact-checkers have found that the Affordable Care Act does not cut Medicare benefits. These fact-checkers also determined that the claim that hundreds of billions of dollars have been cut from Medicare is outright false.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/08/14/cnns-...
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/...
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil...
The CBO memo indeed said the money was going to ObamaTax & Care. That is the way they kept the cost down for the program. They even tried to double count it.

Now to basics which Left deniers will continue being such. On my check I pay a Medicare tax. When they money is diverted to pay for ObamaTax & Care it is indeed a cut to what would have gone into Medicare.

Fact Check attempt a stupid slight of hand that fooled some but others saw through the dishonesty. If the money is not going into Medicare then it is a cut from Medicare funds.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#712265 Aug 15, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>the right wing war on fact checking continues on unabated
Mitt will ban factchecking
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#712266 Aug 15, 2012
Russell Simmons: Biden was Right

The Vice President made headlines Tuesday when he told a mostly black audience that Romney’s economic policies would “put y’all back in chains.” While some have called the comments offensive, for music mogul Russell Simons, Biden was speaking the truth.

oe Biden's truthful comment that Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan would put "y'all back in chains" sat fine with me. Here's why and here's one example.&#8232;

The greatest cause of the destruction of the fabric of the black community in the past forty years is drug legislation that targets and imprisons those who live in under-served communities. The consequences of these draconian laws are that it takes diseased people, locks them up for long periods of time, educates them in violent criminal behavior and dumps them back into the community. The money for this operation is obviously funded by the "good old boys" who run Wall Street.

So, when Joe Biden’s comment yesterday made Republicans jump out of their seats, I wondered why they were so upset. Black people certainly were not. If Republicans really want to know how to help black people, then end the war on drugs, because that really is a war against our own people. Changing those policies will start to free "the chains." Instead, these and other biased policies supported by the Republican Party disempower blacks and all other minorities in various ways. Without healthcare, quality education, equal rights for women and gays and a just tax code (that raises my taxes!), under-served communities will be hit the hardest by the election of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. We must do everything in our power to make sure that doesn't happen. &#8232;

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08...

Too bad there aren't more black folks that work for the right wing media machine.
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#712267 Aug 15, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>BS...as expected. My sister is a lawyer; 38; doesn't use WordPerfect. Many offices still may, to some degree, but that's because they've had the same stingy old lawyers and creaky old secretaries since the Stone Age. "At the height of its popularity in the 1980s it was a dominant player in the word processor market, but has long since been eclipsed in number of users by Microsoft Word. While best known in its DOS and Microsoft Windows versions, its popularity was based in part on the fact that it was available for a wide variety of computers and operating systems, including Mac OS, Linux, the Apple IIe, a separate version for the Apple IIgs, most popular versions of Unix, VMS, Data General, System/370, AmigaOS, Atari ST, OS/2, and NeXTSTEP." What do the phrases "in the 1980's" and "long since been eclipsed" mean to the bounced Czech? Dude, indeed, lol.
who cares???...

it's the economy, stupid....
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712268 Aug 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA reduces the growth of Medicare.
It does not reduce benefits.
It adds benefits.
It saves 700 billion dollars.
Period.
I guess the Romney/Ryan plan doesn't save any money? Is that it?
Or are are they "stealing" from Medicare?
That is nice euphonious expression. However when the providers refuse services due to the cut in payments, no matter how you cut it Seniors will suffer from lack of services or benefits.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#712269 Aug 15, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>BS...as expected. My sister is a lawyer; 38; doesn't use WordPerfect. Many offices still may, to some degree, but that's because they've had the same stingy old lawyers and creaky old secretaries since the Stone Age. "At the height of its popularity in the 1980s it was a dominant player in the word processor market, but has long since been eclipsed in number of users by Microsoft Word. While best known in its DOS and Microsoft Windows versions, its popularity was based in part on the fact that it was available for a wide variety of computers and operating systems, including Mac OS, Linux, the Apple IIe, a separate version for the Apple IIgs, most popular versions of Unix, VMS, Data General, System/370, AmigaOS, Atari ST, OS/2, and NeXTSTEP." What do the phrases "in the 1980's" and "long since been eclipsed" mean to the bounced Czech? Dude, indeed, lol.
He meant in Czech Republic, but, they're probably still using Underwood manual typewriters!
Roger Edgar

AOL

#712270 Aug 15, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sick!
First the queeeeeer talk and now this? Get help!
Obama 2012 -- 4 more 4 sure!
Come on guy. Give America a break. You KNOW America can't survive four more years of Obama. Time for the adults to take charge and replace Obama's school yard bully crap with some serious efforts to solve our problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 192,317
News Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trum... 20 min tod see the light 72
News Hispanic leaders tepid to GOP reaction to Trump 1 hr USawarringIdiotSo... 28
News America celebrates July 4 with parades, hot dog... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 5
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 1 hr Anonymous 2,200
News Hillary Clinton delivers first presidential cam... 2 hr Angel99 173
News Romney Slams Trump's 'Unfortunate' Remarks on I... 3 hr tod see the light 7
More from around the web