Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262677 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#712262 Aug 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So when you right wingers run screaming down the street about 8% unemployment having a freakin fit about Obama, you took market conditions into effect.
You right wingers are such a pack of hypocrites.
You guys keep telling me how great the economy was under Bush.
Now you blame market conditions on the loss of our manufacturing jobs???
I don't totally blame Bush & the Republicans. If you recall,my post was in response from one of your right wing buddies having the typical right wing tissy fit about manufacturing contracting in the last jobs report.
Evidently it is OK to blame Obama for that & not blame Bush for flushing 1/3 of those jobs down the toilet.
I blame people like Mitt Romney & the Wall Street Crowd. Someday I'll explain it.
I blame those who decided to delay corp income tax collection until the foreign profits come back.
And I will Blame Pail Ryan & Mitt Romney & the Republicans if they pass their idea that foreign earned corporate profits are tax free. If you vote for them,. I will blame you too for being so stupid.
get a life....

it's the economy, stupid...
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#712263 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Not on the budget.
prove it
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712264 Aug 15, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
CNN's O'Brien Corrects Right-Wing Media Medicare Falsehood
O'Brien pointed out that Sununu's talking point has been debunked by the Congressional Budget Office, which found that the Medicare savings in the ACA are not cuts, but rather a reduction in the expected rate of growth of the program.
O'Brien also noted that independent fact-checkers have found that the Affordable Care Act does not cut Medicare benefits. These fact-checkers also determined that the claim that hundreds of billions of dollars have been cut from Medicare is outright false.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/08/14/cnns-...
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/...
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil...
The CBO memo indeed said the money was going to ObamaTax & Care. That is the way they kept the cost down for the program. They even tried to double count it.

Now to basics which Left deniers will continue being such. On my check I pay a Medicare tax. When they money is diverted to pay for ObamaTax & Care it is indeed a cut to what would have gone into Medicare.

Fact Check attempt a stupid slight of hand that fooled some but others saw through the dishonesty. If the money is not going into Medicare then it is a cut from Medicare funds.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#712265 Aug 15, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>the right wing war on fact checking continues on unabated
Mitt will ban factchecking
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#712266 Aug 15, 2012
Russell Simmons: Biden was Right

The Vice President made headlines Tuesday when he told a mostly black audience that Romney’s economic policies would “put y’all back in chains.” While some have called the comments offensive, for music mogul Russell Simons, Biden was speaking the truth.

oe Biden's truthful comment that Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan would put "y'all back in chains" sat fine with me. Here's why and here's one example.&#8232;

The greatest cause of the destruction of the fabric of the black community in the past forty years is drug legislation that targets and imprisons those who live in under-served communities. The consequences of these draconian laws are that it takes diseased people, locks them up for long periods of time, educates them in violent criminal behavior and dumps them back into the community. The money for this operation is obviously funded by the "good old boys" who run Wall Street.

So, when Joe Biden’s comment yesterday made Republicans jump out of their seats, I wondered why they were so upset. Black people certainly were not. If Republicans really want to know how to help black people, then end the war on drugs, because that really is a war against our own people. Changing those policies will start to free "the chains." Instead, these and other biased policies supported by the Republican Party disempower blacks and all other minorities in various ways. Without healthcare, quality education, equal rights for women and gays and a just tax code (that raises my taxes!), under-served communities will be hit the hardest by the election of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. We must do everything in our power to make sure that doesn't happen. &#8232;

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08...

Too bad there aren't more black folks that work for the right wing media machine.
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#712267 Aug 15, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>BS...as expected. My sister is a lawyer; 38; doesn't use WordPerfect. Many offices still may, to some degree, but that's because they've had the same stingy old lawyers and creaky old secretaries since the Stone Age. "At the height of its popularity in the 1980s it was a dominant player in the word processor market, but has long since been eclipsed in number of users by Microsoft Word. While best known in its DOS and Microsoft Windows versions, its popularity was based in part on the fact that it was available for a wide variety of computers and operating systems, including Mac OS, Linux, the Apple IIe, a separate version for the Apple IIgs, most popular versions of Unix, VMS, Data General, System/370, AmigaOS, Atari ST, OS/2, and NeXTSTEP." What do the phrases "in the 1980's" and "long since been eclipsed" mean to the bounced Czech? Dude, indeed, lol.
who cares???...

it's the economy, stupid....
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712268 Aug 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA reduces the growth of Medicare.
It does not reduce benefits.
It adds benefits.
It saves 700 billion dollars.
Period.
I guess the Romney/Ryan plan doesn't save any money? Is that it?
Or are are they "stealing" from Medicare?
That is nice euphonious expression. However when the providers refuse services due to the cut in payments, no matter how you cut it Seniors will suffer from lack of services or benefits.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#712269 Aug 15, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>BS...as expected. My sister is a lawyer; 38; doesn't use WordPerfect. Many offices still may, to some degree, but that's because they've had the same stingy old lawyers and creaky old secretaries since the Stone Age. "At the height of its popularity in the 1980s it was a dominant player in the word processor market, but has long since been eclipsed in number of users by Microsoft Word. While best known in its DOS and Microsoft Windows versions, its popularity was based in part on the fact that it was available for a wide variety of computers and operating systems, including Mac OS, Linux, the Apple IIe, a separate version for the Apple IIgs, most popular versions of Unix, VMS, Data General, System/370, AmigaOS, Atari ST, OS/2, and NeXTSTEP." What do the phrases "in the 1980's" and "long since been eclipsed" mean to the bounced Czech? Dude, indeed, lol.
He meant in Czech Republic, but, they're probably still using Underwood manual typewriters!
Roger Edgar

AOL

#712270 Aug 15, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sick!
First the queeeeeer talk and now this? Get help!
Obama 2012 -- 4 more 4 sure!
Come on guy. Give America a break. You KNOW America can't survive four more years of Obama. Time for the adults to take charge and replace Obama's school yard bully crap with some serious efforts to solve our problems.
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#712271 Aug 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA reduces the growth of Medicare.
It does not reduce benefits.
It adds benefits.
It saves 700 billion dollars.
Period.
I guess the Romney/Ryan plan doesn't save any money? Is that it?
Or are are they "stealing" from Medicare?
shazzaaam....

adds benefits and cuts costs....

Christmas in July.....

tooth fairy on steroids....
SHOOT_YOURSELF

Alto, NM

#712272 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that SCOTUS had warned that there was an end date for affirmative action.
Affirmative action was ridiculous in the first place, placing people of a certain race above persons of another race based solely on skin color !

That was what the civil rights movement was supposed to be against in tghe first place; but thats what they ended up adopting! What kind of foolishness is that?

Whites and Asians ARE physically inferior to Blacks.

Blacks and Hispanics ARE Intellectually inferior to Whites and Asians

That is just how it is, to have programs that pick inferiors over superiors based on quotas is just plain asinine.

Blacks are fantastic athletes and whites and Asians are inferior in this area. What if Pro football or basketball teams had to be 20% WHITE 20% BLACK 20% ASIAN 20% HOMOSEXUAL AND 20% HISPANIC?

That is how fucking retarded Affirmative action is.....

This is just one more example of DemoRat Retardation..

Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#712273 Aug 15, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sick!
First the queeeeeer talk and now this? Get help!
Obama 2012 -- 4 more 4 sure!
suggest you try out for your school cheerleading team....
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#712274 Aug 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He's too dumb to get it.
Which is why Obama doesn't deserve a second term of incompetence.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712275 Aug 15, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>prove it
You haven't proved Romney has endorsed Ryan's -fool.

"I have my budget plan," he (Romney) said. "And that's the budget plan we're going to run on."

Numerous sources on the internet if you would have just Googled it.
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#712277 Aug 15, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The Vice President made headlines Tuesday when he told a mostly black audience that Romney’s economic policies would “put y’all back in chains.” While some have called the comments offensive, for music mogul Russell Simons, Biden was speaking the truth.
oe Biden's truthful comment that Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan would put "y'all back in chains" sat fine with me. Here's why and here's one example.&#8232;
The greatest cause of the destruction of the fabric of the black community in the past forty years is drug legislation that targets and imprisons those who live in under-served communities. The consequences of these draconian laws are that it takes diseased people, locks them up for long periods of time, educates them in violent criminal behavior and dumps them back into the community. The money for this operation is obviously funded by the "good old boys" who run Wall Street.
So, when Joe Biden’s comment yesterday made Republicans jump out of their seats, I wondered why they were so upset. Black people certainly were not. If Republicans really want to know how to help black people, then end the war on drugs, because that really is a war against our own people. Changing those policies will start to free "the chains." Instead, these and other biased policies supported by the Republican Party disempower blacks and all other minorities in various ways. Without healthcare, quality education, equal rights for women and gays and a just tax code (that raises my taxes!), under-served communities will be hit the hardest by the election of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. We must do everything in our power to make sure that doesn't happen. &#8232;
Too bad there aren't more black folks that work for the right wing media machine.
explain why black folks (and other minorities?) are unfairly targeted by drug laws...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#712278 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
The CBO memo indeed said the money was going to ObamaTax & Care. That is the way they kept the cost down for the program. They even tried to double count it.
Now to basics which Left deniers will continue being such. On my check I pay a Medicare tax. When they money is diverted to pay for ObamaTax & Care it is indeed a cut to what would have gone into Medicare.
Fact Check attempt a stupid slight of hand that fooled some but others saw through the dishonesty. If the money is not going into Medicare then it is a cut from Medicare funds.
In the memo? What page?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#712281 Aug 15, 2012
Testimony: Paul Van de Water, Senior Fellow, Before the Committee on the Budget
U.S. House of Representatives

First, critics have claimed that CBO’s cost estimate double-counts the Medicare savings. This assertion is readily disproved. Let’s be very clear. CBO counts everything once and only once. It counts the Medicare savings once. CBO doesn’t count anything twice. Just read the cost estimate.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/...

In the cost estimate? What page?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#712282 Aug 15, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
He's absolutely right. The only way you can be discriminated against for life is to be a convicted felon. With the increase in private prisons who pay hefty campaign contributions (Rick Scott)
watch for increased laws, stiffer penalties to ensure a steady stream of paying customers.
Vote to re elect the President, especially with regard to the Supreme Court.
Romney/Ryan may introduce debtors prison. Imagine how many millions more they can incarcerate, people who will never be able to vote.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712283 Aug 15, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>the right wing war on fact checking continues on unabated
Even the fact checkers tell you to check their facts. Major problems with their analysis and conclusion especially when Obama, himself, states he took money out of Medicare to pay for it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712284 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
you trannies are so tricky.
Chicks with dks.
More projection?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 13 min Jaimie 445
News Sanctuary cities must be ended 31 min sandy1 3
News What abortion is: Getting past the spin 34 min Cat74 97
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... 37 min Fart news 683
News Donald Trump blasts John McCain over 'crazies' ... 37 min Silent Echo 610
News Some U.S. senators want to start oil war with Iran 38 min USA Today 7
News Higher minimum-wage proposals gain ground in Ne... 41 min barefoot2626 118
More from around the web