Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406588 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#712430 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
surrender to corporate America and eat cat food you mean.
All on the red, white and blue card.

Be gad you live in the USA, where dogs are pets.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#712432 Aug 15, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is the one with hidden taxes
Try to follow the thread
You're the one supporting the incompetent 4 year failure with the hidden plan to solve the economy; follow the Obama snakeoil.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
the_twins

Newcastle, OK

#712433 Aug 15, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Scathingly brilliant, gut bustingly funny, and I like totally agree!(Pinochio's the only wood they got?)
Can you agree to give us a wash? That liberal funded genitalia washing grant won't last forever!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#712434 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
and I'm also thankful I don't live in Kentucky. Where dogs are brides.
Doncha wish YOU had one- Chew Barka.

Now go feed yer goats.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Tampa, FL

#712435 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
ghetto dem uses 50% coupons at the dollar store and has brown spots on his ceiling from killing roaches..
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#712436 Aug 15, 2012
Aned337 wrote:
<quoted text>
And where do you think the uniforms for Beijing 2008 were made?
I am not a democrat, nor am I voting for Obama, but I know that all the outsourcing began long before Obama.
Lying won't help Romney win!!!!!!!!
==========

Previous ones did do outsourcing, especially Bush to China.

But read the following statement:(OBAMA more than anyone else before IN OUTSOURCING )_____

Still today, Obama by talking outsourcing, is the one who has done more outsourcing than anyone before.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#712437 Aug 15, 2012
You people are crazy, my ears are burning.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
mr owl

Newcastle, OK

#712438 Aug 15, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>My sister's a lawyer, I have two Masters and half a doctorate...that's not the kind of info that would let you stalkers from Retardia, speaking Trollish, find me...GFY.
Go figure....

Two Masters? What did it get you?

Chief Master Speller

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
mr owl

Newcastle, OK

#712440 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you find Kentucky on a map?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#712441 Aug 15, 2012
As factory jobs return to US, the need for technical training grows

Offshoring manufacturing jobs to China looked like the perfect way to cut costs a decade ago, but now companies that produce everything from computers to car parts are returning to the United States in growing numbers. Labor economists say the country needs to invest in more vocational and technical training programs so millions of jobless factory workers are equipped with the skills to benefit from this trend.

According to a survey by the Boston Consulting Group of executives at 106 manufacturing companies with $1 billion or more in sales, 37 percent said they are planning or "actively considering" onshoring. Among companies with more than $10 billion in revenue, that percentage shot up to nearly half. Leading the movement were companies that make rubber and plastic products, industrial machinery and electronics and computer equipment.

http://economywatch.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/04...

Oursourcing is so Bain/Romney, the old way.

Insourcing = Obama style, keep it going.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#712442 Aug 15, 2012
You have to turn off Fox News to get to the truth.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
frank

Oakland, CA

#712443 Aug 15, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
The CEO of General Electric, which has received government "green jobs" money, is a close Obama advisor. GE has been busy outsourcing American jobs, eliminating a fifth of its U.S. workforce since 2002. GE made $14.2 billion in profits in 2010, but paid no taxes at all, even though America's corporate tax rates are among the highest in the world, and shareholders in American companies are burdened by heavy, double taxation.(American companies pay hefty corporate income tax on their earnings. Then, taxes are imposed yet again on that same income when it is distributed to shareholders as dividends. The shareholders have to pay income tax on that same income, hence double taxation.)
But rather than paying anything in taxes, GE actually received a tax benefit of $3.2 billion from the government in 2010, and received a preferential bailout at taxpayer expense.
Oddly, while subsidizing some foreign "green" jobs, the stimulus package also contained other terrible provisions that ignited trade wars with Mexico and Canada, wiping out more jobs in America's export sector and aggravating the U.S. trade deficit.
Liars,Two Faced,No transparency,Cronism,Tax avoidments,You name
it the Obama Mob has done it..Some Con job on the American Public
Whats that old adage?/ Con me once,Shame on you,Con me twice its
a Shame on me???
Stop making shit up friggen moronic imbecile! You are so way off the reservation; your assumptions are nothing more than gossip and do not pass the “Giggle Test” not even close, try and document it unless you think this forum is a contest in stupidity!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lord feltch

Newcastle, OK

#712445 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
nostrilfuckface for sure
CrapComesOutYourMouthAndStinks 2highHellThats

Dem for sure
fred

Amsterdam, NY

#712446 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
what's stopping you old man.
It'd be fun to snap your neck.
One word commie: bang

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lord feltch

Newcastle, OK

#712448 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen anyone, left leaning or right, talk to you as of you were human.
Know why?
Dude,

You are the epitome of:
You reap what you sow...
You think Leo will donate a kidney to you?
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#712450 Aug 15, 2012
We just suffered through the Bush years, you people want to vote for Romney and do that all over again?

I give up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#712451 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
the only way I'd go to Kentucky is if my plane crashed on the way to Vegas.
Given the mindset of the rightwingers, I'm sure many will be rooting for that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#712452 Aug 15, 2012
An updated look at the 2012 Electoral College map with polls

Mitt Romney's vice presidential pick of Paul Ryan has yet to change the Electoral College count, but only one poll has been conducted in any of the swing states since Romney made his selection. President Obama continues to poll strong in most of the ten key swing states, according to the most recent survey, giving him a 333-215 electoral vote lead over Mitt Romney. The last update also gave Obama 333 votes, compared to 215 votes for Mitt Romney.

A new poll shows Romney ahead of Obama in Colorado, but the state is still projected for Obama given the average of all polls, which still has Obama ahead by one point, and Obama's strong performance in the state in 2008. Similarly, the most recent poll has Obama ahead in North Carolina, but Romney was still marked for Romney given the average of polls, which shows Romeny ahead by one point, and Obama's razor-thin margin of victory in the state in 2008.

While Obama's lead may appear insurmountable, the President's lead in many states is well within the margin-of-error for the given polls, and a change in just a few percentage points could make the race competitive again.

http://www.examiner.com/article/an-updated-lo...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
mr owl

Newcastle, OK

#712453 Aug 15, 2012
Homer wrote:
You have to turn off Fox News to get to the truth.
You are:
A) eating a ham cheese sandwich
B) currently overdosing on methamphetamines
C) the internet argument fluffer
D) waiting for a bill maher to offer you a hooker and a cuban cigar

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Tampa, FL

#712454 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen anyone, left leaning or right, talk to you as of you were human.
Know why?
and you wear socks with high heels ghetto dem?
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 1 min Frankie Rizzo 265
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 16 min Frankie Rizzo 15,090
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Dr Guru 219,916
News First lady Obama takes swipe Trump, says lives ... 52 min Big Bad John Roberts 172
News Clinton kicks off swing state tour vowing to cr... 2 hr WasteWater 7
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 3 hr WasteWater 1,175
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 5 hr Chicagoan by Birth 297
More from around the web