Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1279007 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711341 Aug 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
Energy on the campaign trail: Romney talks coal, Obama chases wind
Talk about the magnificent promise of wind all you want, Mr. President — but the fact of the matter is that wind accounts for barely a fraction of our electricity consumption while coal continues to provide for just about half of our nation’s electricity needs.
You can’t force coal to go away just because it’s politically inconvenient for appealing to your environmental base.
Perhaps that’s why the United Mine Workers of America has yet to offer its support for President Obama this time around?
I just posted an article stating that the UNWA will not be supporting Obama this time.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711342 Aug 14, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>gee whiz gunnertard...i thought the president had no control over gas prices...you really want it both ways don't you. eman snitched
We all know high gas prices effects elections. Whether the president is blamed for gas price or not it reinforces their dissatisfaction with the president's policies that is causing prices to increase and/or unemployment.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#711343 Aug 14, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
The Poor Man didn't even know what state he was in-he thought he was in North Carolina. The statement was racist and in POOR taste, but it appears to be the NORM for the Obama campaign's decision to waddle in the gutter.
Wanna bet the Dumbrats are scrambling for a scenario where Biden is no longer VP?

Maybe a mysterious health issue that results in Biden resigning 'for the good of the country'?
john

Perris, CA

#711344 Aug 14, 2012
Aned337 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns cannot be the future, but peace. The future cannot be a place where everyone carries a gun because fears that something bad could happen. The constitution is clear in stating that arms should be for a well-regulated militia, but the money paid by gun makers has helped misinterpret that idea. Guns are contributing to the killing of too many innocent people including students and kids.
..if you want peace thats great! but what about the guy who kicks down you door in the middle of the night with a gun? just tell him, you are a man of peace, and they will engrave it on you tombstone!! totaly ignorance, won't save you!!
Lord Fetch

Schererville, IN

#711345 Aug 14, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell FactCheck to discuss that with the Trustees of Medicare who says the program goes insolvent in 2024.
that was the MOST pessimistic estimate...in other words worst case scenario

that's where all you tards live isn't it? eternally frightened and expecting disaster at every turn...yep, that's you
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711346 Aug 14, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again...still...forever:
In fact, House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) recently had the audacity to claim that “the only people in Washington, D.C., who have voted to cut Medicare have been the Democrats when they voted to cut $500 billion in Medicare during Obamacare.”
This is surely an example of having your cake and eating it too. The Republicans had a chance to repeal those cuts when they voted to repeal the health care law, but instead they adopted “current law”(ie, the Medicare cuts) in their budget. Technically, we guess, that means they did not vote for them but, as we have documented, Republicans in the past have voted for similar Medicare cuts.
Romney states he will repeal all of ObamaTax and Care including the Medicare cuts and re-write a health care bill without the 81 taxes, the crony capitalism, and other albatrosses in this bill that is increasing the cost of health care for the middle class.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lord Fetch

Schererville, IN

#711347 Aug 14, 2012
This is hardly the first time government projections have said the HI trust fund would be exhausted. The Congressional Research Service reported that "almost from its inception, the HI trust fund has faced a projected shortfall." For example, in 1970, the Trustees report said the fund would be insolvent in 1972, and in 1980 the fund was expected to be depleted in 1994. Politicians keep finding ways to postpone any insolvency.

the sky is still falling but only on tardville

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lord Fetch

Schererville, IN

#711348 Aug 14, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
LOL, the Obama shills at FackCheck also stated that Obama hadn't taken 714 billion out of Medicare. Now they are sitting there with egg on their faces because the Obama campaign is boldly stating that yes they did,
who reads this shit to you limbaugh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lord Fetch

Schererville, IN

#711349 Aug 14, 2012
Tax experts — including one who supports Romney’s plan — say the Republican presidential candidate’s promise to cut individual income tax rates without either favoring the wealthy or losing revenue isn’t mathematically possible. That’s the conclusion of the Tax Policy Center in a report the Romney campaign attacked

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#711350 Aug 14, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG:
Ryan's plan for Medicare allows people under 55 (those older will remain or go onto the old Medicare plan) the option to put their monies that would have gone into Medicare into a private insurance plan. Medicare is going bankrupt in 2024.
Obama's plan cut 714 plus billion out of Medicare to spend on ObamaTax & Care and use a panel to keep cutting what the federal govt will pay providers which in the end will effect benefits not directly but indirectly.
Wrong.

Ryan is LYING. His plan kills Medicare IMMEDIATELY and for those already on Medicare. He plan to defund Medicare in favor of giving Romney a 0.82% income tax rate on $21M in annual income will cause Medicare to crater IMMEDIATELY.

Obama is cutting the GROWTH OF MEDICARE by cutting out waste, fraud and abuse from Medicare in future years. He has already extended its useful life by over a decade while Ryan/Romney try to kill it.

This is where a single payer option, like the VA, would cut the 18% of GDP that is health care (twice as much as other industrialized nations who cover everyone with no bankruptcy) by at least 1/3rd.

The GOPUX do not want to save Medicare, they want to kill it. The GOPUX do not want to save Social Security, they want to gift it to Wall Street.

This is what they have been doing since both programs were created. It is nothing new.

If you think the GOPUX is trying to save Medicare and Social Security all of a sudden then you have no grasp of reality.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#711351 Aug 14, 2012
Lard Feltcher wrote:
<quoted text>gee whiz gunnertard...i thought the president had no control over gas prices
Gee whiz Lardtard, show me where I said a president 'controls gas prices'.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lord Fetch

Schererville, IN

#711352 Aug 14, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know high gas prices effects elections. Whether the president is blamed for gas price or not it reinforces their dissatisfaction with the president's policies that is causing prices to increase and/or unemployment.
as usual you miss the point entirely but that's understandable as the post was not directed to you but to your point i don't disagree

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lord Fetch

Schererville, IN

#711353 Aug 14, 2012
later tards...some of us have to work in the morning

cue ema'am's arrival

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#711354 Aug 14, 2012
Obama In November 2009: Right, One-Third Of ObamaCare Funding Comes From Cuts To Medicare

Maybe Soledad O’Brien should pay a little more attention to Barack Obama’s own words. Obama not only proudly owned the cuts to Medicare, he threatened to veto any attempt to reverse them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711355 Aug 14, 2012
Sue Robbins wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG Did you hear Biden's Slavery comments? Poor Man. Being associated with Obama has cost him his mind, robbed him of his soul, and reduced him to speaking like common street trash.
Unfortunately the Left are extremely racist/bigots:

"I thought when we elected a black president, we were going to get a black president. You know, this [BP oil spill] is where I want a real black president. I want him in a meeting with the BP CEOs, you know, where he lifts up his shirt where you can see the gun in his pants. That’s —(in black man voice) we’ve got a ‘motherfu**ing problem here?’ Shoot somebody in the foot." Maher
http://youtu.be/Vs1kMDzec4Y

Reid " — a “light-skinned” African American “with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" was his comment about Obama to a left leaning book writer of "Game Changer"

Reid is also totally amazed that anyone of color could be conservative.

Barbara Boxer is shocked and full of disbelief over the very idea that Harry Alford, the chair of the National Black Chamber of Commerce, actually disagrees with the NAACP and the 100 Black Men of Atlanta. How can this be? Oh, no, this doesn’t suit – race politics is the Left’s bread and butter!

"“…I was trying to think about who he was tonight. And, it’s interesting he is post-racial, by all appearances. You know I forgot he was black tonight for an hour. You know he’s gone a long way to become a leader of this country, and passed so much history in just a year a year or two. It’s something we don’t even think about. I was watching, I say, wait a minute, he’s an African-American guy in front of a bunch of other white people. And here he is President of the United States, and we’ve completely forgotten that tonight.” said Tingle Matthews
Video removed due to complaints from Tingles.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#711356 Aug 14, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan is LYING. His plan kills Medicare IMMEDIATELY and for those already on Medicare.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

You're an idiot, but a useful one!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711357 Aug 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee whiz Lardtard, show me where I said a president 'controls gas prices'.
You didn't. That is why I find it so amusing that dem is scolding me about not getting his point.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711358 Aug 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
Obama In November 2009: Right, One-Third Of ObamaCare Funding Comes From Cuts To Medicare
Maybe Soledad O’Brien should pay a little more attention to Barack Obama’s own words. Obama not only proudly owned the cuts to Medicare, he threatened to veto any attempt to reverse them:
Maybe Fact Check and PoltioFact too!

Soledad has become a total joke. She was caught using as her source a printout from TPM during an interview. Shameful. Her other source was a much tampered with definition on Wikipedia. She is an Obama shill with zero journalistic integrity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711359 Aug 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna bet the Dumbrats are scrambling for a scenario where Biden is no longer VP?
Maybe a mysterious health issue that results in Biden resigning 'for the good of the country'?
I always viewed Biden as Obama's life insurance.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711360 Aug 14, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>that was the MOST pessimistic estimate...in other words worst case scenario
that's where all you tards live isn't it? eternally frightened and expecting disaster at every turn...yep, that's you
It isn't the worst case scenario. It is based on the figures that the trustees work with all the time. Why do you think both candidates are attempting to cut back Medicare? Time for FactCheck to stop playing Obama shill as this will bite them the same as "Obama did not take money out of Medicare to pay for ObamaTax" has.

Now if you are younger, you have two choices. Continue with old system that has a panel that will trigger spending cuts to keep Medicare from going totally bankrupt or the Ryan plan that will allow you the option to buy private insurance with the money you would have paid into the Medicare.

This debate is not about the elderly. It is about the next generation determining their future health care.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NAACP members call for protection of voting rights 10 min brownskin_beauty 25
News Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriag... 11 min YouDidntBuildThat 298
News Trump Plan to Deport 11 Million Immigrants Sell... 20 min taletha 103
News Too big to Investigate: Vaccine industry now en... 29 min Friend 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 197,213
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 512
News Kentucky clerka s defiance on same-sex marriage... 1 hr serfs up 38
More from around the web